Please list the MB types we are compatible with | INFJ Forum

Please list the MB types we are compatible with

Seraffa

Community Member
Feb 14, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
Hi, please help me out with this information, because I am still attracted to ( by long distance) a man who is most likely the best MB type for me, but who in real life is a train wreck in every sense of the word. We are still friends, but because he is unstable, stubborn and wishy-washy in turns, and called off the whole relationship.

His choice of profession and family background were perfect for me, and that too, is going to be hard to find the "next time around", but in the meantime, your input will help me tremendously to prepare for my next search for my "soul mate" that is out there. Thanks.

Me, baby.

Me.

I don't really think you can generalise it that much. Not every INFJ is the same, and its the same with all of the other types. It comes down to the individual person you are, and the individual person he or she is. Well, that's how it is for me anyway.

Reactions: bamf
I disagree. I am every INFJ's dream come true.

This reminds me of the time a girl told me she couldn't date me because I was an aries. I couldn't hold back my laughter and she got mad >_<

I don't really think you can generalise it that much. Not every INFJ is the same, and its the same with all of the other types. It comes down to the individual person you are, and the individual person he or she is. Well, that's how it is for me anyway.

I agree.
The use of MBTI in relationship is to better understand your partner whatever type he/she is.

+1. Don't pick by type. MBTI can be tool when learning how to deal with people, but everyone is different even within each type. One INTP may be amazing for you where another is not. Same with any other type. It's about the person.

And I am just using INTP as an example because that's what my fingers typed. Habit, I guess.

Just remembered a pair of links you may find useful.
http://typelogic.com/infj.html

Down at the bottom (though don't skip out on the cognitive functions section if you haven't already been here; it's what the next link is based on) of that page would be proposed type relationships that work on the Jungian cognitive functions (someone correct me if I'm wrong, I'm pretty new to this kind of thing myself), that may be something you're looking for.
http://typelogic.com/pairs.html

I'm also of the belief that limiting by type is shutting out possible happiness where it could be, but this may provide some information on types in relation to INFJs if you haven't already perused that link in the past.

ENFJ
ENFP
ENTJ
ENTP
ESFJ
ESFP
ESTJ
ESTP
INFJ
INFP
INTJ
INTP
ISFJ
ISFP
ISTJ
ISTP

Sorry if I missed any.

Reactions: bamf
Yes, we are compatible with all types, but the easiest are probably ENTPs and ENFJs. Some other types are very good too though depending on who you are.

Yes, we are compatible with all types, but the easiest are probably ENTPs and ENFJs. Some other types are very good too though depending on who you are.

Actually most E/I combinations are good because of how much each party feels they need to talk, two Es will typically be fighting for conversation time and two Is will typically have a relationship filled with awkward silence. at least that's my assumption, when I heard about how this actually happens it was in the context of "Conversational types" so I could be wrong about them correlating to the introverted and extroverted personalities but it seems like the should correspond.

two Is will typically have a relationship filled with awkward silence. at least that's my assumption

My boyfriend is an INFJ and while we do have silence, it isn't awkward. It might be awkward for Es who are nearby but for us it is comfortable enough and works fine.

My boyfriend is an INFJ and while we do have silence, it isn't awkward. It might be awkward for Es who are nearby but for us it is comfortable enough and works fine.

Well, I am drawing a lot of assumptions about personality type. Just theorizing conversational type could also have little to do with personality type, I do know though that one of my best friends and I sit in silence too often because we are both the quiet reserved type.

Actually most E/I combinations are good because of how much each party feels they need to talk, two Es will typically be fighting for conversation time and two Is will typically have a relationship filled with awkward silence. at least that's my assumption, when I heard about how this actually happens it was in the context of "Conversational types" so I could be wrong about them correlating to the introverted and extroverted personalities but it seems like the should correspond.

I made this assumption as well until I was involved with an ENTJ followed closely by an ENTP. The ENTJ and I ended up sitting in silence a lot because when I would try to strike up a conversation or debate he would concisely state his opinion and then end the conversation. He had a superiority complex and apparenlty everything that came out of his mouth was correct and everything out of mine was incorrect and I was foolish to even open my mouth. It is important to note that I don't view all ENTJs in this light. He is very unhealthy. The ENTP was amazing, though. Sure we both talk a lot and go in long ranting tirades, but for some reason I enjoyed talking over him and him over me. We'd be on two different topics and still follow both. It was great.

Anyway, I have come to the conclusion that it really depends on the specific person you are dealing with. Sure, some people are going to be perfect in the E/I setup. Others aren't. I think the best way to go about is to get to know the person not their type.

This doesn't really work too well if you're both into the extremes of the E/I value. If I was with an extrovert it'd probably take all my strength not to murder them. The E/I combination works best if you're both balanced, which I'm cerainly not.

I'm more than happy with my INFJ. We're able to give each other our own space whenever needed, even if it is a small house.

Here's the deal: whatever type you're most attracted to, feel most comfortable around and get most energy from is what's most compatible for you.

Reactions: 88chaz88
Here's the deal: whatever type you're most attracted to, feel most comfortable around and get most energy from is what's most compatible for you.

I could never have a relationship with someone that has the same personality type as my sister, she's an ESFP and never slows down, ever. D:

I could never have a relationship with someone that has the same personality type as my sister, she's an ESFP and never slows down, ever. D:

You may be surprised and find an ESFP that's different. Though judging by my ESTP sister, probably not.

That was my point. :p

There might be patterns in type preference, but it's foolish to reject relationship opportunities on the basis of type (especially when you might not be sure of what the person's actual type is; most people are deeper than they let on). You could be rejecting someone for being ESTP, when they are in fact, ENFJ or some other type. Just go with whomever makes you feel best, chances are they are a type you are supposed to be compatible with.