Philosophical test | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Philosophical test

@Lady Jolanda sure, what's up. What would you like to know?
Thanks for your post. I fully agree with you on dreams.

The reason I asked is because you're very aware of the material world. You're an engineer, and you have a fascination with the universe and all its splendor. So I was wondering how you marry that with spirituality, do you end up with a perspective that is similar to the physicist Paul Davies?
(Mine is more akin to Carl Sagan.)

mememe_1081a971fb70e7f1e9b96151b7c1221a-1.jpg

Thanks for your post. I fully agree with you on dreams.

The reason I asked is because you're very aware of the material world. You're an engineer, and you have a fascination with the universe and all its splendor. So I was wondering how you marry that with spirituality, do you end up with a perspective that is similar to the physicist Paul Davies?
(Mine is more akin to Carl Sagan.)

Hehe, appreciate the curiosity. It's not a marriage with physical laws persé, it's just that when you get to the abstraction of physical theories such as Black Holes, Multiple Universes, etc. You will have to jump into some imagination. And in extent you'll take it further to describe the "why" of the universe. That's where spiritualism comes in. It's a push against the universal statement of "it just exists for the sake of existence". Eg. to give a reason to why the Universe exists in the first place.

You'll have to help me though in regards to both physicists and their spiritual view (curious).

Has anybody seen my Fi around here, at all, or lately?

I know he's around here, somewhere.

Stumbled on this one when in search of the Fi, looks like Fi's a secret weapon inside of INFJ's, let's see if it resonates with ya: https://www.stellarmaze.com/fi-in-infjs/

Reactions: flower and BritNi
Stumbled on this one when in search of the Fi, looks like Fi's a secret weapon inside of INFJ's, let's see if it resonates with ya: https://www.stellarmaze.com/fi-in-infjs/
I haven't read it yet, but I am very aware of how my Fi is one of my greatest weapons.

I'm pretty scary when I know what's right, and I'm fighting for it. Heh. Shoulders back, eyes wide, and more. Kill mode. ... it's a side that really only comes out when in that fight mode. I'm not gonna flee if I'm standing for what I believe is right.

Well.... There's more to it, of course. A lot more. But, that's all I really feel like saying right now.

❤️

Thank you for the resource. I'll check it out once I have some good down time.

I'm pretty scary when I know what's right, and I'm fighting for it. Heh. Shoulders back, eyes wide, and more. Kill mode. ... it's a side that really only comes out when in that fight mode. I'm not gonna flee if I'm standing for what I believe is right.
Be glad you don't have it on the upper functions, lol. Fi can get into some nice ridiculous drama (coming from the INTJ perspective here).

You're welcome, Brit!

Reactions: flower and BritNi
Be glad you don't have it on the upper functions, lol. Fi can get into some nice ridiculous drama (coming from the INTJ perspective here).

You're welcome, Brit!

I am.
Very much so gladness.

I'm happy to be an Fe user.

Epistemology Axis: Your attitude towards knowledge.
Skepticism: We can never truly know anything for sure.
Absolutism: There are objective truths that can also be understood.

This is such a stupid dichotomy. Skepticism and Absolutism -- as defined here -- are not dichotomous. Also, the questions are really, really stupid.

This is such a stupid dichotomy. Skepticism and Absolutism -- as defined here -- are not dichotomous. Also, the questions are really, really stupid.

giphy.gif

This looks like playing around with semantics.

Maybe. But these definitions are skimming the edges of 'empiricism' and 'logical positivism'. It may not be intended, but it sounds like the person that created the test is confusing 'certainty' for 'truth'.

Honestly, I don't care if I'm right. You can make a case in either direction I guess.

Reactions: Ren