Philosophical test | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Philosophical test

Long story short, it means you're INFP

Kidding
You're lucky I saw that tiny text. You were about to be put on ignore lol.

You're lucky I saw that tiny text. You were about to be put on ignore lol.

:coldsweat: That would have been a bit extreme!

Just for context, if you look at the egoism/altruism dichotomy, you'll see that the egoism pole features the drawing of man with glasses. I'm almost certain this is Soren Kierkegaard, the first existentialist philosopher. Associating Kierkegaard with egoism is strange and inaccurate. But anyway, he is usually typed as INFP (though I once made a video arguing that he was INFJ).

@slant I had a look at that test, but it wanted me to sign up for something - I'll have another look when I get a chance.

Same happened to me, if you return to the previous page then click on the link again it should work.

I've been looking through this thread to compare people's test results and how it could relate to how they present themselves as a person*, and some results are kind of unexpected. (There are others that seem to fit quite well, such as Acd, Flower, Ren and SpecialEdition.)

*I can't look inside your heads, which is exactly the problem. Would anyone be up for explaining their reasoning behind some of the answers? (The answers they feel are the most important to them.)
April, you said you were surprised at your rationalism result. I am too. Do you have any idea why it turned out that way?

Then there's Grimm, who shows up as way more spiritual than he presents himself here, or ReasonEnduring, whose rationalism is very romanticized. ;)
Dragulagu, I'm interested in your spiritualism result.

As for myself, I was surprised by my skepticism result, so I'm going to investigate that. Adios.

I see your Materialism/Spiritualism dichotomy is 55% oriented toward Spiritualism.

Would you say your results would have been different prior to reading The Death of Ivan Illyich?

I finished the novella yesterday, by the way. Great work.
Yes, there was a time when I was literally Gordon Gekko- hellbent on making money. After reading the death of Ivan Ilych, I internalized that money isn't just a tool for attaining luxury and pleasure. It's a tool to improve society. Also, life is also too short to waste on luxury.

On spiritualism:

- I'm pretty much focused on Taoism, it's a Neutral Spiritual belief. And, to me, it is good to follow.
- I am also aware of how the Universe is structured in a material sense, and there is a limitation in our descriptive structure on the underlying principles of this Universe (limited on our bias as observers).
So this gives us room to dive into the perspective of Spiritualism. Which in turn gives us the ability to run our imagination on how the Universe works. It's fun to follow.
- Dreams are very indicative on our emotional gears. I love analysing mine just to understand why I dreamt these specifically and why I feel a certain way when I wake up from these.

That's about it.

It's boring when you have to describe everything in a pure Physical sense.