Personality turn-offs | INFJ Forum

Personality turn-offs

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
What are personality turn offs? What makes you want to turn and leave?

Keep in mind that what's a turn off for one person may not be a turn off for someone else.

Passive-Aggressiveness and manipulation via guilt.
Pedestal - placing
(I like it here in the mud just fine, thank you. Sometimes I feel like I need to tell guys "I have nothing to do with that angelic girl you think I am.")

Pedestal - placing
(I like it here in the mud just fine, thank you. Sometimes I feel like I need to tell guys "I have nothing to do with that angelic girl you think I am.")

Good one.

Last edited:
Overly confident or aggressive - someone who has something to prove.
pushy/imposing - insisting they are right
Someone who doesn't self censor/monitor - i don't need to know your personal feelings or opinions on everything

Last edited:
All of the above-mentioned.

And then...

Dun, dun, duhhhhhh!!!

The Victim-mentality. Demonstrate that and I will kick you out of bed, fo'shizzy.

Censoriousness (probably misspelled) - someone who constantly manifests/imposes what THEY think should be appropriate in any given situation.

Loftiness - manifested in frequent disdain.

Pretentiousness or snobbery - (even reverse snobbery which prides itself in lack of refinement) which makes it almost impossible to enjoy things at face value.

Monologuing/preaching - makes conversation impossible or painful.

The one thing I absolutely cannot stand is when someone is self-righteous; especially when it's as extreme as belittling someone when they ask for help because you think you know all, and are infallible. Bah!

All of the above-mentioned.

And then...

Dun, dun, duhhhhhh!!!

The Victim-mentality. Demonstrate that and I will kick you out of bed, fo'shizzy.

Completely agree! The "victim" will become a victim of my ice-cold heart to his woes.

As you can see, I have no filter =p
(Oh noes)

intentional cruelty is probably the worst, i tend to give people the benefit of the doubt, but if there's really nothing behind their actions but a desire to hurt, it's hard to like or respect them. (fortunately that's rarely the case :)

Personality turnoffs for me are generally STJ behavior. Alright people, but after a 2 minute conversation with one, I find myself trying to escape.

Other than that, I'm not certain. I need to date some more women, I think.

Passive Agressive is the worst for me, BAR NONE.

ETA: Yeah, add Victim mentality to my list too. I sort of already include that in passive agressive stuff, but it deserves to be mentioned. I simply do not give it the time of day at all anymore. Sometimes, I will actually go out of my way to poke their bubble, but no matter how justified it is, I will end up feeling some sort of guilt from it, so I save it for extreme cirumstances.

Lack of Self-Accountability - Along the same lines of the victim mentality. It is ok to feel down, just be aware you are keeping yourself there.

Arrogance - Doesn't really need an explanation.

Disloyalty - Not talking blind faith here, but if you are a back-stabber or only in it for you, GTFO.

Disrespect for others - I am always amazed at how little people consider the welfare of others.

Clingy Jelous People

People very vocal about how much they hate immigrants, gays, colored people, etc.
It's one thing to be raised around people with such views and have some prejudices due to your mental conditioning... I can deal with that. It's another thing to be stubborn and to willingly make an ass of yourself by broadcasting such narrow thoughts.

The Trecherous - I don't like exposing myself to such people

Last edited:
Victim mentality
Passive-aggressive, manipulative or tries to give guilt trips
Bullying/threatening behaviour towards me
Desires for regular intoxication or drug use
Being too 'soft'

Pretentiousness.

What are personality turn offs? What makes you want to turn and leave?

Keep in mind that what's a turn off for one person may not be a turn off for someone else.

You post a lot of good questions; At least, you post ones that make me want to answer. Anyhow; turn-offs... self-centeredness most of all. I can understand when someone else has a differing belief system or view-point... but when people address their own whims without consideration for how it may harm others, I get kinda irritable, even if it's a little thing like never refilling the coffee machine when they're the last one to empty it... it says something about who that person is inside.

I also have no patience for the incurious... someone who isn't interest in and questioning everything.

I don't tolerate arrogance and self-centeredness very well. These are the people who would rather listen to themselves talk than actually share a conversation with you. They disdain their own inadequateness and care more about proving you wrong rather than searching for the Truth. To me, narrowmindedness and pure black and white thinking are enemies of the Truth. I also have problems with very negative people. We all have a few loose bricks in our wall, and it pays to be kind to people.

1. Lying, especially after I've told you that I can always tell when people lie.

2. Materialism. I do not understand it at all, plus these are usually the people who are most vocal about what good Christians they are. Barf.

3. Lack of humility, which proves you think your ego is who and what you are and there is nothing higher.

4. Passive-aggressive behavior; an unconscious result of cowardice, IMO.

5. Bullying people who are nice because you equate it with weakness.

6. Always placing blame externally. Buy a mirror!

7. Mooching, which usually goes hand in hand with a feeling of entitlement.

8. Doing the same dumb thing over and over expecting different results, and expecting me to sympathize over and over.

Being a misanthrope, I could go on all day, but then you would only conclude that I am self-righteous, which is true. ;-)

klutzo

Reactions: jyrffw54
Self centered-ness and selfishness. I spoil people anyway, and I hate when they start expecting shit from me when I have no obligation to give other then that I like to make people happy.