past lives

Grey Wolf

Airborne all the way!
Jan 21, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
no idea
I was just wondering, Is there any way to find out what you were in your past lives?

I was just wondering, Is there any way to find out what you were in your past lives?

i'm sorry if this isn't much related

you know what.. i have a theory that

i died:
because of a typhoon then i was hit by a car on my back

that's the reason why i'm afraid of rain and the sound of any car(when i'm turning my back)

oh.. and about your question..... i think so... like some psychic person or something.. but i am kind of interested in that.. because i sort of believe that...
the difficulties that i experience right now, are what i didn't learn from my past life and that's why i should improve them now...

BUT!!!!!! IT'S AGAINST MY RELIGION SO........I RATHER NOT RESEARCH ABOUT IT MORE

Someone told me I was a Dingo or some other sort of wild dog in a past life.

Not sure what that really makes me now, but I still think it's cool!

There things called "past life regressions." I don't know how they work, and I don't think you should try to do one to yourself. They can be dangerous to dabble in. Remember, its a past life, you had to have died in that life, and if you do a regression, you could experience that death.

true.. but I'm curious about it :D
as I am about almost everything

Hmm...I wonder who I was...? And who'll I be?

Tarot cards?

From what I understand... Palm reading, psychic readings, hypnosis, and other things like that are the best ways to figure out things about your past life.

I'm sure there are all sorts of online test things to do it too, but I'm not so sure if simply answering questions can fully do it.

(Now I don't really believe in all of this, I'm just putting in helpful info for thouse that do.)

This is one of the few things dealing with metaphysics that I tend to be extremely skeptical of, although I can't explain why. We can gather information to things we experienced in our past lives. But I tend to turn the other way when other try to tell me exactly what happened in a past life.

Yes, I believe very strongly in past lives. However, according to what I believe, in this currently life, almost all of us are not meant to know what happened to us in past lives. We are to only receive insight from a higher source (note: this is not a "god"). That time was for us to gain other experiences and life lessons. Everytime we return here, we come in with information from past lives in the form of our personality, and parts of our live circumstances. Knowing what happened in previous lives down to the very last detail is almost "cheating", I really can't put it any other way.

One thing I know for sure is that in past lives I have worked on many spiritual things, and walked a spiritual path. Part of the reason is in this life I was almost "spoonfed" all the information I know about metaphysics, new age topics, and what not. A good portion of it is and was almost inate with me as well. Having reasons this myself, and spoken to many people about it, it seems like what happened.

I don't believe in past lives. I just could totally see myself as a scholar's wife in feudal China if I did believe in past lives. I have a strange affinity for feudal China and Chinese literature. For whatever reason, studying those things makes me feel comfy and cozy sans horrific footbinding and irate misogyny.

Some one told me I was a member of the Knights Templar and I was betrayed by someone close to me which is why I have trust issues and a unhealthy mistrust of authority. Ha! It's cool because I've had dreams where I'm like a warrior my whole life. Like Xena. Those dreams are awesome. I don't believe in any of that jazz though.

I was told I used to be a flamenco dancer. But I don't believe in past lives.

I used to stare into mirrors until my face blurred and I saw beyond, and my visage was replaced by others, that I still felt were me, and took to be former incarnations. I had bad experiences with and following that though and wouldn't recommend it. There was one particular occasion when the eyes looking back at me were malevolent and certainly not my own, that frightened the hell out of me. I've pondered since then what I had got in touch with - whether I was hallucinating or had summoned some evil spirit or had just got in touch with the dark side of my nature. There are surely forces in the universe that I don't understand and that are perhaps best left alone. I've been chased by shadows and ghosts since then, up until the time that I faced the heart of the dark mass above me and blessed it, with love. It took immense will power and truth in my intention to love the darkness and I felt it oppressing and attacking me but I kept my eyes open and continued to issue forth love and acceptance, until at last it faded. I haven't been troubled since then.

Last edited:
I don't know that we have past lives, but I won't rule out the possibility either. I like to think I was a lot more political in one of my previous lives or more aggressive in general (a fierce soldier, perhaps?), hence I am very reserved and peaceful in my present-day dealings with others. Or, you know, I've could've been a golden retriever, but I could be just envying the life my old dog had.

I went to a psychic in 12th grade. She did a tarot reading on me, which, eerily enough, partly came true... (damn power of suggestion). She also did a past-life analysis with my astrological chart. Apparently I was a war general of some sort during Alexander the Great's reign. Which might totally explain my conflicting desires for power, and the public good.

But in all seriousness, I don't know what to think of 'past lives.' That's one metaphysical arena that I try not to tread into. The idea of continuing on into any sort of an afterlife, with the consequences of my present actions carrying forward, is not something I'm comfortable with. I'd like to just die, and be at rest.

Last edited:
Isn't it amazing how people are always someone famous in their past lives...

Noone was a dolphin, or a cockroach, or a serf...

Isn't it amazing how people are always someone famous in their past lives...

Noone was a dolphin, or a cockroach, or a serf...

What quack "psychic" would want to risk offending their clients that way? It takes away from the mystery.

Personally, if there is such a thing as reincarnation (animal, human, etc), I don't think there's any way one can actually tell what or who housed our souls in a previous life.

But hey, it's a rather unique form of flattery. Imagine using that sort of line in a bar...

"Hey Cleopatra! It's me! Mark Anthony. We are reunited at last!"

Last edited:
I used to stare into mirrors until my face blurred and I saw beyond, and my visage was replaced by others, that I still felt were me, and took to be former incarnations. I had bad experiences with and following that though and wouldn't recommend it. There was one particular occasion when the eyes looking back at me were malevolent and certainly not my own, that frightened the hell out of me. I've pondered since then what I had got in touch with - whether I was hallucinating or had summoned some evil spirit or had just got in touch with the dark side of my nature. There are surely forces in the universe that I don't understand and that are perhaps best left alone. I've been chased by shadows and ghosts since then, up until the time that I faced the heart of the dark mass above me and blessed it, with love. It took immense will power and truth in my intention to love the darkness and I felt it oppressing and attacking me but I kept my eyes open and continued to issue forth love and acceptance, until at last it faded. I haven't been troubled since then.
I want to hear more!