Partner preferences

Skoffin

<font color=#00EE99>She Whose Name We Do Not Speak
MBTI
INTP
I was just curious about whether anyone here has traits they would or would not prefer in a potential mate, and more specifically if there were any traits you would consider 'deal breakers' as to whether you would date a person or not.

Mostly I'm wondering if anyone is as picky as I am
:m122:

Looks..I'm very flexbile...

I'm very picky on personality however..the list can go on and on...

The person must be Understanding,open-minded and compassionate
The person must be imaginative, educated or at least interested in being so
The person must be honest and respectful
...oh wow

I'm such a perfectionists when it comes to relations lol..I can go on and on for longer.

I was just curious about whether anyone here has traits they would or would not prefer in a potential mate, and more specifically if there were any traits you would consider 'deal breakers' as to whether you would date a person or not.

Mostly I'm wondering if anyone is as picky as I am :m122:

I am way picky now when it doesn't count. I wish I were much more picky when I was younger. Traits I would avoid like the plague:

*Unkind/No Empathy
*Focused on the trivial, not deep thinking
*Slob/Lazy
*Conceited
*Pushy/Assuming

There are a few others, but these are the "deal breakers". (That term is a dead giveaway by the way!!)

First and foremost, they have to have the ability to hold a deep and intelectually/spiritually/emotionally stimulating conversation. They also must have passions and convictions. Snobbery and bitchiness are huge deal breakers.

They also have to have an open heart and I have to feel I can approach them. And as shy as I can be at times, I like a lady who can be outgoing. I like to have fun!

There are a few others, but these are the "deal breakers". (That term is a dead giveaway by the way!!)

I'm not quite sure what you mean :dizzy:

Btw, it doesn't just have to be personality aspects, I was also thinking along the lines of what actions etc that a person may do, their situation in life etc

I'm not quite sure what you mean :dizzy:

Btw, it doesn't just have to be personality aspects, I was also thinking along the lines of what actions etc that a person may do, their situation in life etc

Perhaps I misread. My wife has been in threapy for quite a long time and that is a term that is often used. It's not one I really care for either. Sorry.........a sore subject right now, my bad.

Deal breakers are probably-
•Insensitivity
•Saying something harsh or rude about me personally
•Acting distant
•Coming on way too strongly

I'd love for someone to be-
•Patient, someone who is okay with taking things slowly
•Very affectionate (once we've gotten to know each other more)
•Understanding and compassionate
•Flashes a bright and reassuring smile every now and then

I know I'm probably missing a few things and someone might come up behind me and say exactly what I should have put here. XD

Mine choice for someone

Loving & caring
Accepting
Understanding & nice mental toughness
Positive attitude to life

I'd probably be put off a female by a gandalf length beard. Is that shallow? Ok, well so long as she was really nice, it could work.

Being too nice
Overly expressive
Poor listener
Insensitivity
Arrogance

Not to mention, someone who is also good at cleaning. :m155:

You need to find yourself an elf. We love cleaning and cooking. I'm already happily married, or else I'd ask you if you have a gandalf beard.

I realized that I had a huge problem with facial hair on guys (the not groomed kind). I'm sure I wouldn't like it on a girl either. =)

I wouldn't date someone who can't take care of themself or who refuses to take care of themself (physically, emotionally, mentally, and financially.)

I wouldn't date a liar or a control freak.

I prefer independence and stability in all areas, and someone who is a deep worldly thinker and who is comfortable opening up and being real. A hilarious sense of humor is also a very big deal.

The list is too long o-o'
Here are some qualities I consider a deal-breaker:

*Liar [!]
*Insensitive
*Poor listener
*Arrogance is fine as long as it's not over the edge
*Conceited

i need a domesticated partner...all else is negotiable.:mhula:

Back