Partner preferences | INFJ Forum

Partner preferences

Skoffin

<font color=#00EE99>She Whose Name We Do Not Speak
Sep 29, 2009
MBTI
INTP
I was just curious about whether anyone here has traits they would or would not prefer in a potential mate, and more specifically if there were any traits you would consider 'deal breakers' as to whether you would date a person or not.

Mostly I'm wondering if anyone is as picky as I am
:m122:

Looks..I'm very flexbile...

I'm very picky on personality however..the list can go on and on...

The person must be Understanding,open-minded and compassionate
The person must be imaginative, educated or at least interested in being so
The person must be honest and respectful
...oh wow

I'm such a perfectionists when it comes to relations lol..I can go on and on for longer.

I was just curious about whether anyone here has traits they would or would not prefer in a potential mate, and more specifically if there were any traits you would consider 'deal breakers' as to whether you would date a person or not.

Mostly I'm wondering if anyone is as picky as I am :m122:

I am way picky now when it doesn't count. I wish I were much more picky when I was younger. Traits I would avoid like the plague:

*Unkind/No Empathy
*Focused on the trivial, not deep thinking
*Slob/Lazy
*Conceited
*Pushy/Assuming

There are a few others, but these are the "deal breakers". (That term is a dead giveaway by the way!!)

First and foremost, they have to have the ability to hold a deep and intelectually/spiritually/emotionally stimulating conversation. They also must have passions and convictions. Snobbery and bitchiness are huge deal breakers.

They also have to have an open heart and I have to feel I can approach them. And as shy as I can be at times, I like a lady who can be outgoing. I like to have fun!

There are a few others, but these are the "deal breakers". (That term is a dead giveaway by the way!!)

I'm not quite sure what you mean :dizzy:

Btw, it doesn't just have to be personality aspects, I was also thinking along the lines of what actions etc that a person may do, their situation in life etc

I'm not quite sure what you mean :dizzy:

Btw, it doesn't just have to be personality aspects, I was also thinking along the lines of what actions etc that a person may do, their situation in life etc

Perhaps I misread. My wife has been in threapy for quite a long time and that is a term that is often used. It's not one I really care for either. Sorry.........a sore subject right now, my bad.

Deal breakers are probably-
•Insensitivity
•Saying something harsh or rude about me personally
•Acting distant
•Coming on way too strongly

I'd love for someone to be-
•Patient, someone who is okay with taking things slowly
•Very affectionate (once we've gotten to know each other more)
•Understanding and compassionate
•Flashes a bright and reassuring smile every now and then

I know I'm probably missing a few things and someone might come up behind me and say exactly what I should have put here. XD

Reactions: Roger
Deal breakers are probably-
•Insensitivity
•Saying something harsh or rude about me personally
•Acting distant
•Coming on way too strongly

True comment for deal breaker. Agree.

Last edited:
Mine choice for someone

Loving & caring
Accepting
Understanding & nice mental toughness
Positive attitude to life

My ideal preference for someone would be;

• Caring
  • Understanding
  • Patient
  • Hard working
  • Loyal

I'd probably be put off a female by a gandalf length beard. Is that shallow? Ok, well so long as she was really nice, it could work.

Reactions: dneecey
My ideal preference for someone would be;

• Caring
  • Understanding
  • Patient
  • Hard working
  • Loyal

As another ENTP, I second this list. Though I'd like to add:

• Willingness to partake in a 4-hour intellectual discussion
  • Open to new experiences
  • Not afraid to disagree

Being too nice
Overly expressive
Poor listener
Insensitivity
Arrogance

Not to mention, someone who is also good at cleaning. :m155:

You need to find yourself an elf. We love cleaning and cooking. I'm already happily married, or else I'd ask you if you have a gandalf beard.

I realized that I had a huge problem with facial hair on guys (the not groomed kind). I'm sure I wouldn't like it on a girl either. =)

I wouldn't date someone who can't take care of themself or who refuses to take care of themself (physically, emotionally, mentally, and financially.)

I wouldn't date a liar or a control freak.

I prefer independence and stability in all areas, and someone who is a deep worldly thinker and who is comfortable opening up and being real. A hilarious sense of humor is also a very big deal.

The list is too long o-o'
Here are some qualities I consider a deal-breaker:

*Liar [!]
*Insensitive
*Poor listener
*Arrogance is fine as long as it's not over the edge
*Conceited

i need a domesticated partner...all else is negotiable.:mhula: