Paranormal Activity. | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Paranormal Activity.

Sorry...that was my first impression and then I reread what you wrote I changed how I responded...ugh...stupid introverted social skills hahaha.
Then I just didn’t know what to think...so then I just usually ask at that point. ;)
Thanks!
<3
No worries!!! But I am interested in more stories if you care to share

No worries!!! But I am interested in more stories if you care to share

There was this thing...it has a name, but I will not repeat it or write it, nor do I like to even think the name for very long.
When I was a child I had really bad night terrors...every night, repetitive in nature, always in them, or another form of it.
It is my skeptical belief that I used to go out of body every night as a child, as most often the dream would originate with me climbing out of bed and end with me climbing back in.
I was even taken to UCLA at one point to have some kind of evaluation done - which Mom has conveniently lost and I have no clue what if any diagnosis or even what a general report said. *very frustrated face*.
Anyhow...they abruptly ended after years when I learned to jump back to my body, instead of having to make my way back.
There were more things than just that that lead me to lean toward the idea of me being out of body.
The noises for one...there is a very specific electrical buzzing noise...like the ones you hear from high tension power lines or even a Tesla coil...except different...not explainable to someone else who hasn’t heard it type thing. ;)
When I purposefully began to go OOB, and I know not everyone believes that it’s possible...but I happen to...this noise was there when I first started to separate from my body and it would mess me up (concentration) really good and I couldn’t keep meditating...as this electrical buzzing would occur and I would have almost PTSD from this “entity” that used to torture me.
(Think of a floating triangle only large enough for a screaming burning (on fire) evil face with black eyes flying after you)
After some time and more study and practice I realized that that sound is from passing though whatever barrier you pass through going OOB or it’s that sound of your vibrational/energetic-self separating perhaps.
But it IS also the sound of another person or entity entering your reality/space imho.
(So when I heard this sound in my “dream” I knew this thing was coming and I would RUN!)
Looking back, all of those encounters would always be in the house...they would never take place anywhere else - which is highly odd for a dream.
I remember being able to see my parents watching TV, and I would try and talk to them but they could never hear me...but I could literally sit there in the living room and watch TV with them (my Mom still doesn’t believe me when I tell her this is how I saw “Terminator” while I was ‘asleep’.
She found out because the next night I was frightened of the scene at the end when the metal Terminator skeleton gets up out of the fire...and she got mad at me for having been watching around the corner...when I was sitting in front of the TV).
Of course...such stories like that are super-subjective and I have no proof of any of it.
That is why I usually stick to those other stories as they have physical interaction and things actually moving or noises heard by more than one person.
But...yeah...I had a fairly stable childhood otherwise...there was no outward reason for any of it.

Last edited:
@PerfectImperfect

What kind of nurse are you BTW?
I was a paramedic...then worked in the ER, and then about 15 years in the OR as a scrub nurse, the last 6 assisting in the open heart suite...until....goddamn arthritis in my spine ended all that.
But it was a spectacular run.

There was this thing...it has a name, but I will not repeat it or write it, nor do I like to even think the name for very long.
When I was a child I had really bad night terrors...every night, repetitive in nature, always in them, or another form of it.
It is my skeptical belief that I used to go out of body every night as a child, as most often the dream would originate with me climbing out of bed and end with me climbing back in.
I was even taken to UCLA at one point to have some kind of evaluation done - which Mom has conveniently lost and I have no clue what if any diagnosis or even what a general report said. *very frustrated face*.
Anyhow...they abruptly ended after years when I learned to jump back to my body, instead of having to make my way back.
There were more things than just that that lead me to lean toward the idea of me being out of body.
The noises for one...there is a very specific electrical buzzing noise...like the ones you hear from high tension power lines or even a Tesla coil...except different...not explainable to someone else who hasn’t heard it type thing. ;)
When I purposefully began to go OOB, and I know not everyone believes that it’s possible...but I happen to...this noise was there when I first started to separate from my body and it would mess me up (concentration) really good and I couldn’t keep meditating...as this electrical buzzing would occur and I would have almost PTSD from this “entity” that used to torture me.
(Think of a floating triangle only large enough for a screaming burning (on fire) evil face with black eyes flying after you)
After some time and more study and practice I realized that that sound is from passing though whatever barrier you pass through going OOB or it’s that sound of your vibrational/energetic-self separating perhaps.
But it IS also the sound of another person or entity entering your reality/space imho.
(So when I heard this sound in my “dream” I knew this thing was coming and I would RUN!)
Looking back, all of those encounters would always be in the house...they would never take place anywhere else - which is highly odd for a dream.
I remember being able to see my parents watching TV, and I would try and talk to them but they could never hear me...but I could literally sit there in the living room and watch TV with them (my Mom still doesn’t believe me when I tell her this is how I saw “Terminator” while I was ‘asleep’.
She found out because the next night I was frightened of the scene at the end when the metal Terminator skeleton gets up out of the fire...and she got mad at me for having been watching around the corner...when I was sitting in front of the TV).
Of course...such stories like that are super-subjective and I have no proof of any of it.
That is why I usually stick to those other stories as they have physical interaction and things actually moving or noises heard by more than one person.
But...yeah...I had a fairly stable childhood otherwise...there was no outward reason for any of it.

Girl, don't even feel like you have to prove any of your stories validity or credit with me! I am a total believer in the supernatural, the crazier it sounds the more I believe it's capable of happening! I don't have such vivid or terrifying memories and encounters like you've had but as a child I know I had many out of body experiences. I can't remember them detail for detail but I can relate to too many others' out of body experiences for them to be a figment of my imagination. I'll even have them occasionally these days, mostly when i'm sleep deprived; but as a kid they were often. Mine also weren't related to a particular house or anything like yours were. Was that the first house you lived in? I wonder if that particular being was responsible for your later experiences as well!

@PerfectImperfect

What kind of nurse are you BTW?
I was a paramedic...then worked in the ER, and then about 15 years in the OR as a scrub nurse, the last 6 assisting in the open heart suite...until....goddamn arthritis in my spine ended all that.
But it was a spectacular run.
Haha, go figure we would end up bonding over the supernatural! I'm a trauma nurse, not ER but inpatient. Have definitely had some inexplicable experiences in the hospital, thankfully nothing spooky enough to make me not wanna come back! My younger cousin is a volunteer firefighter and currently getting his EMT cert. I keep telling him he's gonna end up a medic because I just know (=D) and he tries disagreeing! But I know him and EMT will only scratch the surface of what he's capable of. But also another similarity between you and I, I don't have an exact arthritis diagnosis but I was recently diagnosed with mixed connective tissue disease which is basically a combo of sjogren's, RA, and lupus and I know bedside nursing is gonna be my demise but it's what I love...

Girl, don't even feel like you have to prove any of your stories validity or credit with me! I am a total believer in the supernatural, the crazier it sounds the more I believe it's capable of happening! I don't have such vivid or terrifying memories and encounters like you've had but as a child I know I had many out of body experiences. I can't remember them detail for detail but I can relate to too many others' out of body experiences for them to be a figment of my imagination. I'll even have them occasionally these days, mostly when i'm sleep deprived; but as a kid they were often. Mine also weren't related to a particular house or anything like yours were. Was that the first house you lived in? I wonder if that particular being was responsible for your later experiences as well!

It’s hard to gauge how people will react to the supernatural and talking about experiences you have had...there isn’t really a middle ground, they either believe you or they think you hallucinated or dreamed it somehow.
I’m okay with people not believing...I can’t say for sure any of it was caused by a ghost...just that things moved that weren’t supposed to...how that happened really beats me.
That stupid R2D2 had me running screaming out of my room in the dark not once but twice!
At least no phobias developed...but the whole idea of your toys moving on their own is fucking scary to a kid...i.e. ‘Close Encounters of the Third Kind’ and ‘Poltergeist’ (like it knew what would scare me...which makes me wonder if it was me somehow? or was it able to just pluck out your fears and use them?)
Yes!
Actually controlled sleep deprivation is a method to astrally projecting!
Your brain waves are able to reach theta state (supposedly ideal) much faster and easier than you can otherwise.
Yes...this was the house I grew up in until I was in the 6th grade...it was built around 1910ish but there was for sure some kind of negative entity that haunted me there...didn’t mess with my brothers at all, just me.
When I would take a bath as a child I would put my ear against the wall and sometimes would think I could hear whispering, but I could never make out for sure if that is what it was or what it was saying...maybe I was just a weird fucking kid ahaha.
I don’t feel like I am connected to it anymore...once I could jump back to my body I was able to immediately wake since I didn’t really feel like I was asleep, sometimes the transition from “dream”/OOB to awake and aware was seamless enough that I couldn’t tell where one ended and would be flailing screaming in the middle of the night, or running down the hall or some shit...never did sleep walk though, I was always awake.
But once I jumped back and awake, I also learned to do it before things could get to a point that ******* would appear, I learned to see the signs such as the electrical sound and then it went away and never returned...as if it lost interest.
So no...I don’t think it has held onto me somehow for the other experiences....thank god.

Haha, go figure we would end up bonding over the supernatural! I'm a trauma nurse, not ER but inpatient. Have definitely had some inexplicable experiences in the hospital, thankfully nothing spooky enough to make me not wanna come back! My younger cousin is a volunteer firefighter and currently getting his EMT cert. I keep telling him he's gonna end up a medic because I just know (=D) and he tries disagreeing! But I know him and EMT will only scratch the surface of what he's capable of. But also another similarity between you and I, I don't have an exact arthritis diagnosis but I was recently diagnosed with mixed connective tissue disease which is basically a combo of sjogren's, RA, and lupus and I know bedside nursing is gonna be my demise but it's what I love...

Yikes...trauma...fun times!
The choreographed dance of utter chaos...
Yes...I’ve had some strange experiences at the different hospitals I’ve worked at...mostly though, it’s the ability to see certain things after a while.
And I have talked to many medical professionals about this phenomena but you know how you can run a full code on someone for half an hour and keep going until you have a viable rhythm...and then how you can also have patients come in and the circumstances can be the exact same, but you can see that their soul is gone as opposed to the first person - and often times I have noticed that they would call time on the codes where you could see this ‘light’ missing.
Sound familiar?

I’m sorry, that’s a horrible mess of issues to deal with. :(
I actually have Ankylosing Spondylitis to be more specific...I used to be able to take Enbrel for it and all was okay, but it progressed to the point that it no longer worked and every other biologic med I have tried has royally made me quite ill (I just got over trying Cimzia...oh lord, I should have never tried it...still I keep hoping for something to work magically...not even my last round of nerve ablations in my back did anything...so it was a double kick in the teeth, lol).

Yes...it tends to run in families...he is screwed hahaha.
My Grandma was an Army RN, my Mom a Paramedic (she even got Paramedic of the Year for CA once, isn’t that cool!?).
So our dinner conversations weren’t for the weak stomached.

Well let me know if I can suggest any meditations or alternative pain treatments that may help you...I was running a chronic pain group close to me in Portland for some time...but had to get my gallbladder out which caused a bout of pancreatitis at the start of the year, so I haven’t started leading it again yet, but I plan on it.

Last edited:
It’s hard to gauge how people will react to the supernatural and talking about experiences you have had...there isn’t really a middle ground, they either believe you or they think you hallucinated or dreamed it somehow.
I’m okay with people not believing...I can’t say for sure any of it was caused by a ghost...just that things moved that weren’t supposed to...how that happened really beats me.
That stupid R2D2 had me running screaming out of my room in the dark not once but twice!
At least no phobias developed...but the whole idea of your toys moving on their own is fucking scary to a kid...i.e. ‘Close Encounters of the Third Kind’ and ‘Poltergeist’ (like it knew what would scare me...which makes me wonder if it was me somehow? or was it able to just pluck out your fears and use them?)
Yes!
Actually controlled sleep deprivation is a method to astrally projecting!
You’re brain waves are able to reach theta state (supposedly ideal) much faster and easier than you can otherwise.
Yes...this was the house I grew up in until I was in the 6th grade...it was built around 1910ish but there was for sure some kind of negative entity that haunted me there...didn’t mess with my brothers at all, just me.
When I would take a bath as a child I would put my ear against the wall and sometimes would think I could hear whispering, but I could never make out for sure if that is what it was or what it was saying...maybe I was just a weird fucking kid ahaha.
I don’t feel like I am connected to it anymore...once I could jump back to my body I was able to immediately wake since I didn’t really feel like I was asleep, sometimes the transition from “dream”/OOB to awake and aware was seamless enough that I couldn’t tell where one ended and would be flailing screaming in the middle of the night, or running down the hall or some shit...never did sleep walk though, I was always awake.
But once I jumped back and awake, I also learned to do it before things could get to a point that ******* would appear, I learned to see the signs such as the electrical sound and then it went away and never returned...as if it lost interest.
So no...I don’t think it has held onto me somehow for the other experiences....thank god.

Yikes...trauma...fun times!
The choreographed dance of utter chaos...
Yes...I’ve had some strange experiences at the different hospitals I’ve worked at...mostly though, it’s the ability to see certain things after a while.
And I have talked to many medical professionals about this phenomena but you know how you can run a full code on someone for half an hour and keep going until you have a viable rhythm...and then how you can also have patients come in and the circumstances can be the exact same, but you can see that their soul is gone as opposed to the first person - and often times I have noticed that they would call time on the codes where you could see this ‘light’ missing.
Sound familiar?

I’m sorry, that’s a horrible mess of issues to deal with. :(
I actually have Ankylosing Spondylitis to be more specific...I used to be able to take Enbrel for it and all was okay, but it progressed to the point that it no longer worked and every other biologic med I have tried has royally made me quite ill (I just got over trying Cimzia...oh lord, I should have never tried it...still I keep hoping for something to work magically...not even my last round of nerve ablations in my back did anything...so it was a double kick in the teeth, lol.

Yes...it tends to run in families...he is screwed hahaha.
My Grandma was an Army RN, my Mom a Paramedic (she even got Paramedic of the Year for CA once, isn’t that cool!?).
So our dinner conversations weren’t for the weak stomached.

Well let me know if I can suggest any meditations or alternative pain treatments that may help you...I was running a chronic pain group close to me in Portland for some time...but had to get my gallbladder out which caused a bout of pancreatitis at the start of the year, so I haven’t started leading it again yet, but I plan on it.
Oh yeah, who you telling? I work on a floor primarily for geriatric trauma and i'm still amazed at the number of "healthy" patients that have coded and didn't make it despite all resusc attempts compared to the 90 year olds with "dementia" that have coded and been brought back enough times that they don't even have any glimmer or color other than black in their irises... *shiver*

hahaaaa and he's been screwed since he decided to become a volunteer firefighter. Believe he is getting EMT then joining the academy. And chronic illness sucks. Truthfully i've only been experiencing for the past 3 years or so (since becoming pregnant with my daughter who I am convinced sucked all the life force out of me while in utero) and only recently last October or so got so bad that I made an appt with my rheumy myself half expecting to just be told i need more sleep and half expecting an actual diagnosis (RA at MOST) and that's when I even learned such a thing as MCTD existed :fearscream::fearscream: i'm sorry about your experiences with immunomodulators (?), I honestly can't imagine already feeling crappy then feeling that much more crappy because of a medicine that's supposed to be making me feel less crappy :weary: and Lord have mercy, pancreatitis on top of all that!?! You must be one strong wo-man to deal with all that
giphy.gif

and since we're on the topic of the paranormal, recently i've had a continuous cigarette smoke smell that seems to follow me wherever I go and according to google it could one of three things: 1. nasal polyps, 2. brain tumor, 3. supernatural spirit. I'm hoping it's just number 1 but obviously I'm convinced it's a combo of all 3

Oh man.. so many things come to mind. I think I was once haunted by the ghost of my dead dog, but I believe he has since passed the rainbow bridge. After he passed away, I would hear his foot steps still, and see his white wagging tail out of the corner of my eye. I think I was just used to seeing/hearing these things and my brain was playing tricks on me.

Oh man.. so many things come to mind. I think I was once haunted by the ghost of my dead dog, but I believe he has since passed the rainbow bridge. After he passed away, I would hear his foot steps still, and see his white wagging tail out of the corner of my eye. I think I was just used to seeing/hearing these things and my brain was playing tricks on me.
We were talking about this in an earlier post!! Lack of sleep apparently puts your brain in a “thelta” stage and makes you more susceptible to “encounters”. Were you running low on sleep at that point

We were talking about this in an earlier post!! Lack of sleep apparently puts your brain in a “thelta” stage and makes you more susceptible to “encounters”. Were you running low on sleep at that point
Yes... I was.
I have trouble sleeping in general, but the last few weeks of my dog's life I would often be up late with him, as he had cancer and I was administering medicine and caring for him at all hours of the night. So I was pretty exhausted.

Oh yeah, who you telling? I work on a floor primarily for geriatric trauma and i'm still amazed at the number of "healthy" patients that have coded and didn't make it despite all resusc attempts compared to the 90 year olds with "dementia" that have coded and been brought back enough times that they don't even have any glimmer or color other than black in their irises... *shiver*

hahaaaa and he's been screwed since he decided to become a volunteer firefighter. Believe he is getting EMT then joining the academy. And chronic illness sucks. Truthfully i've only been experiencing for the past 3 years or so (since becoming pregnant with my daughter who I am convinced sucked all the life force out of me while in utero) and only recently last October or so got so bad that I made an appt with my rheumy myself half expecting to just be told i need more sleep and half expecting an actual diagnosis (RA at MOST) and that's when I even learned such a thing as MCTD existed :fearscream::fearscream: i'm sorry about your experiences with immunomodulators (?), I honestly can't imagine already feeling crappy then feeling that much more crappy because of a medicine that's supposed to be making me feel less crappy :weary: and Lord have mercy, pancreatitis on top of all that!?! You must be one strong wo-man to deal with all that
giphy.gif

I’ve dealt with it since I was in my early 20’s...so I’m pretty used to the BS now haha.
It still will get to you though eventually and break you from time to time, no matter how strong one is.
But, I think it’s probably good to let that steam off when you reach that stage anyhow.
Yeah, the pancreatitis was caused by the gallstones, which were caused by rapid weight loss, which was caused by medications (Remicade) and cholecystitis in general that I probably didn’t know was going on until stones formed and blocked all my pancreatic ducts and cystic ducts and made me ever so incredibly sick and in pain...god damn that hurt!
I have felt some pain in my life...this is right up there at the top with the best of them, if not the worst.
Before surgery I would have seriously just had someone put me out of my misery instead of waiting to die from such a thing...ugh.
Chop my head off!
Something!
lol
Well, I hope they are able to find something that works well for you and you illnesses...I have really made a daily habit of meditation and it has done wonders for my pain - mostly how I process and deal with it physically and emotionally and every other way...it been better than any antidepressant.

and since we're on the topic of the paranormal, recently i've had a continuous cigarette smoke smell that seems to follow me wherever I go and according to google it could one of three things: 1. nasal polyps, 2. brain tumor, 3. supernatural spirit. I'm hoping it's just number 1 but obviously I'm convinced it's a combo of all 3

Hmmmm...you could be just about to have a seizure also perhaps (smelling burning hair)?
You could demand that whatever it is, IF it is something to leave you alone, they do not have permission unless they are of good and positive nature - and see if it still sticks around.
Though if it’s some kind of guardian angel relative who has passed on...perhaps this smell is how you associated yourself with them as a child perhaps, before they died?
And, I wouldn’t rule out any confused spirits following you home from work.
Often I would make sure if things were bad, that nothing may follow me home.

Theta...though there is Delta also...and my favorite frequency for binaural beats is 4hz which is considered in-between delta and theta...delta is deep dreamless sleep...theta is more of a meditative trance.
But the idea is to keep your mind awake while your body falls asleep physically.
This happens easier if you are especially tired.
The “wake back to bed” method has you set an alarm for 1 or 2 am and then sit back in a cozy chair and focus on keeping your mind awake while your body goes back to sleep (much easier than during the day).

Yes... I was.
I have trouble sleeping in general, but the last few weeks of my dog's life I would often be up late with him, as he had cancer and I was administering medicine and caring for him at all hours of the night. So I was pretty exhausted.

How terrible and sad for you. :<3:
I’m sorry...we had to put our Rottweiler Remy down a little over a year ago, he had bone cancer.
He was a big sweet teddybear.
It’s hard.

Last edited:
I’ve dealt with it since I was in my early 20’s...so I’m pretty used to the BS now haha.
It still will get to you though eventually and break you from time to time, no matter how strong one is.
But, I think it’s probably good to let that steam off when you reach that stage anyhow.
Yeah, the pancreatitis was cause by the gallstones, which were cause by rapid weight loss, which was caused by medications (Remicade) and cholecystitis in general that I probably didn’t know was going on until stones formed and blocked all my pancreatic ducts and cystic ducts and made me ever so incredibly sick and in pain...god damn that hurt!
I have felt some pain in my life...this is right up there at the top with the best of them, if not the worst.
Before surgery I would have seriously just had someone put me out of my misery instead of waiting to die from such a thing...ugh.
Chop my head off!
Something!
lol
Well, I hope they are able to find something that works well for you and you illnesses...I have really made a daily habit of meditation and it has done wonders for my pain - mostly how I process and deal with it physically and emotionally and every other way...it been better than any antidepressant.

Hmmmm...you could be just about to have a seizure also perhaps (smelling burning hair)?
You could demand that whatever it is, IF it is something to leave you alone, they do not have permission unless they are of good and positive nature - and see if it still sticks around.
Though if it’s some kind of guardian angel relative who has passed on...perhaps this smell is how you associated yourself with them as a child perhaps, before they died?
And, I wouldn’t rule out any confused spirits following you home from work.
Often I would make sure if things were bad, that nothing may follow me home.

Theta...though there is Delta also...and my favorite frequency for binaural beats is 4hz which is considered in-between delta and theta...delta is deep dreamless sleep...theta is more of a meditative trance.
But the idea is to keep your mind awake while your body falls asleep physically.
This happens easier if you are especially tired.
The “wake back to bed” method has you set an alarm for 1 or 2 am and then sit back in a cozy chair and focus on keeping your mind awake while your body goes back to sleep (much easier than during the day).

How terrible and sad for you. :<3:
I’m sorry...we had to put our Rottweiler Remy down a little over a year ago, he had bone cancer.
He was a big sweet teddybear.
It’s hard.
Thank you. I'm so sorry to hear about Remy.. :( I'd like to think that there is some sort of animal heaven and our pups are running around, eating all the treats the want! *HUGS*

Thank you. I'm so sorry to hear about Remy.. :( I'd like to think that there is some sort of animal heaven and our pups are running around, eating all the treats the want! *HUGS*
He’s out there floating through the universe...rocketing past comets...all dogs go to heaven don’t you know!
:)

That's at the heart of the problem isn't it? These experiences tend to be unrepeatable at best and usually personal / subjective, so they are unconvincing to anyone with a solid no-nonsense objective world view. My mother was brought up in the 1930s in a big old pub that my grandparents ran, and she had stories of ghost activity there - knockings, footsteps along the old corridors in the part they lived in, dusty light bulbs detaching and floating unbroken to the ground in the cellars with clear fingerprints on them - my gran was the main target of these activities though mum experienced some as well. When we were kids we never used to take these tales seriously, but it was obvious to me even then that my gran was a bit unusual. Anyway when I was older my father told me that when he first started going out with mum her folks were very opposed (religion clashes). Gran used to follow them about psychically from 30 miles away and could tell my mother everywhere they'd been and play back and comment (disparagingly!) on their conversations - it freaked her out! It's hard to discount this kind of direct witness experience when someone you are close to and trust tells you about it.