Original Sin--Born with the sin nature... | Page 12 | INFJ Forum

Original Sin--Born with the sin nature...

No, I don't agree.

If man, by nature, does not have the Spirit of God in him, and is therefore unable to receive the things of the Spirit of God, then he can not do good.
He can only do that which is evil---even when he's doing a "good deed," like feeding the homeless, or praying to God, or reading his Bible! -- If he does not have the Spirit, he cannot please God.

Romans 8:8 says, "So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God."

Now, that does not mean, as many false preachers will tell you, that those who indulge in the flesh cannot please God. It means that those who do not have the Spirit of God in them cannot please God.

All they have is the flesh, and so all they can do is that which is fleshly, carnal, and sinful. Only that which is spiritual can do that which is spiritual. The flesh simply cannot do it!

Yes, those that are IN FLESH (having sex/orgasm) its the only way man can be in flesh being flesh himself, but because God made us in his image and God is by nature spirit, God made us inherently with part of his spirit.

"God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them."

Do you think God has a meat body? Nope, entirely made of spirit...

No, I don't agree.

Now, that does not mean, as many false preachers will tell you, that those who indulge in the flesh cannot please God. It means that those who do not have the Spirit of God in them cannot please God.

Areyou saying saying that bible is a false preacher BTW? Cause that's kinda blasphemous don't you think?

“We do not have to be ashamed of what we are. As sentient beings we have wonderful backgrounds. These backgrounds may not be particularly enlightened or peaceful or intelligent. Nevertheless, we have soil good enough to cultivate; we can plant anything in it.”
Chögyam Trungpa, Cutting Through Spiritual Materialism

“Before eating from the tree of knowledge, Adam and Eve had no notion of Good and evil.

They were kicked out of paradise, because the supposed Creator was unable to reason that giving someone free will to choose between two things while having no notion of either, would be the Himalaya of nonsense.”
Haroutioun Bochnakian, The Human Consensus and The Ultimate Project Of Humanity

"God calls us good and beloved before anything else. Sin is not at the heart of our nature; blessing is. And that didn’t stop being true because Adam and Eve ate fruit in the Garden. In fact, it never stopped being true. We are steadfastly held in relationship with God. It’s important that we remember this. God calls us good and beloved before we are anything else. When we focus on original sin as the foundation of separation between humanity and God, it begins to exist within our own nature. When we look at sin in this way, a bridge doesn’t even seem sufficient. We might be able to walk across the bridge and stand next to God, but the sin nature that supposedly separates us from God is coming right along with us. If our human nature separates us from God, we need more than a bridge. "

When we claim a sin nature, we abandon the opportunity for blessing and claim separation.
We surrender walking with our Shepherd.
But Jesus doesn’t want us to walk across Him.
He wants us to walk with Him.
Too often, we get the doctrine wrong.
As Christians, it’s time for us to put sin back in its rightful place: in a broader contest of redemption and the blessing of humanity’s creation in the image of God."

Reactions: Milktoast Bandit
Yes, those that are IN FLESH (having sex/orgasm) its the only way man can be in flesh being flesh himself, but because God made us in his image and God is by nature spirit, God made us inherently with part of his spirit.

"God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them."

Do you think God has a meat body? Nope, entirely made of spirit...

Yes, God created man in his image, but when Adam disobeyed he died spiritually. And spiritual death was passed on to his descendants, so that all of us are born in bondage to sin.

And no, God did not have a physical body, until he came to this world in the flesh. Jesus Christ is God in human flesh. That's why he was able to atone for sin.
As God, he could not die, and as a mere man, he could satisfy the holy justice of God in the sacrifice of himself, but as both God and man in one person, he was able to do that.

This is Christianity 101. And if you don't know this, then you know nothing about what the Bible teaches. The whole thing is about Christ, and what he has accomplished.

Now, do you want to know what the Bible teaches or not? Because, again, I don't want to waste time.

Do you or don't you want to try to learn what the Scriptures declare? If not, then I'll quit.

Al

Alright then, what are those verses teaching?

What does it mean by "in Adam all died"?

As in without his tasting the fruit, there would be no death and no human race.
It could also read - In Adam all were born - for without this action no one else would exist.
And it’s silly to think that God did not plan this whole thing to go down how it did.
It’s been mankind feeding guilt and declaring us all born sinners, sin that doesn’t even belong to you as a means of control.
*sigh*
So sick of this discussion with you.
Just don’t talk to me, ok?
Don’t bring me up while talking to someone else or insult me in another post written to someone else.
It’s quite clear that you are not open minded enough to even consider any possibilities besides what you have already convinced yourself of.
That’s fine.
But for conversation or debate it’s pointless and redundant.
Cheers.

Just one question: Do you believe that any of that is consistent with what the Bible teaches?

If you do, then you are sorely mistaken. And if you don't, then the Bible condemns you.

Condemn yourself.
Condemn yourself.
Condemn yourself with your hypocrisy and arrogance.
Go condemn yourself because you don’t have the right or authority to condemn me or even judge me based on the words of the Bible.
So look in the mirror - and condemn yourself.

Condemn yourself.
Condemn yourself.
Condemn yourself with your hypocrisy and arrogance.
Go condemn yourself because you don’t have the right or authority to condemn me or even judge me based on the words of the Bible.
So look in the mirror - and condemn yourself.

I never said that I condemn you. I said the Bible condemns you. God himself condemns you. And your only hope is that God will have mercy on you and save you before it's too late.

Look:

"There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death." -- Prov 14:12

"Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon." -- Is 55:7

"Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God." -- 2 Cor 5:20

"..... for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." -- Rom 10:12-13

Now, go ahead and report me if you wish, but I've preached the truth to you and tried to warn you. Your blood will not be on my hands of you perish in sin and go to hell. I can promise you that.

Last edited:
God himself condemns you. And your only hope is that God will have mercy on you and save you before it's too late

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-dwight-schrute-21997941-250-214.gif

Yes, God created man in his image, but when Adam disobeyed he died spiritually. And spiritual death was passed on to his descendants, so that all of us are born in bondage to sin.

And no, God did not have a physical body, until he came to this world in the flesh. Jesus Christ is God in human flesh. That's why he was able to atone for sin.
As God, he could not die, and as a mere man, he could satisfy the holy justice of God in the sacrifice of himself, but as both God and man in one person, he was able to do that.

This is Christianity 101. And if you don't know this, then you know nothing about what the Bible teaches. The whole thing is about Christ, and what he has accomplished.

Now, do you want to know what the Bible teaches or not? Because, again, I don't want to waste time.

Do you or don't you want to try to learn what the Scriptures declare? If not, then I'll quit.
Why are you tagging me?

@Wyote sorry accident

Reactions: Wyote
Reactions: April

So, let me get this straight, your saying, spirit and therefore God can die or be killed?

Reactions: Wyote
@Wyote

Do you think this is funny?

Are you prepared to meet God without a mediator?

"There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Even in laughter the heart is sorrowful; and the end of that mirth is heaviness." -- Prov 14:12-13

So, let me get this straight, your saying, spirit and therefore God can die or be killed?
I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but what I said is that Christ is God in human flesh. He came to this world, as both God and man, in order to redeem his people from sin.

God is a spirit, so he can not die. But when God was made flesh, then he could die.
And so, that's why God came to this world in the flesh. To make satisfaction for the sins of his people.

God laid the sins of all of his people on his own Son, so that he bore the curse, and he bore the penalty for sin in their place, so that God could be just, and yet justify them.

He shed his own blood as a ransom for sin, and God accepted that as a sufficient payment. And the proof that God accepted it was that his Son rose again from the grave and was received in heaven.

I never said that I condemn you. I said the Bible condemns you. God himself condemns you. And your only hope is that God will have mercy on you and save you before it's too late.

Look:

"There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death." -- Prov 14:12

"Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon." -- Is 55:7

"Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God." -- 2 Cor 5:20

"..... for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." -- Rom 10:12-13

Now, go ahead and report me if you wish, but I've preached the truth to you and tried to warn you. Your blood will not be on my hands of you perish in sin and go to hell. I can promise you that.

No.
You are condemning me.
You say the Bible condemns me...but it is your judgement of me based on your interpretation by your Pastor's interpretation of the Bible...but it is still you judging and condemning me - which is a sin in itself.
Take some personal responsibility for what you say and how you judge others.
You just let the Bible take the blame for your judgmental and superiority complex you have cooking there.
Oh...but you are just a lowly sinner too right?
Wrong.
You are judging me and others dude - you don’t have a fucking right to do so - read your own goddamn Bible and it tells you quite specifically (much more specifically than the random vs you dredge up) not to judge other people.
So stop.
Is that so fucking hard for you?
Are you neurotic?
This has always been my complaint since our first contact - you have no right to sit on your high horse and judge others and then condemn them....then absolve your shitty statements by making the Bible the culpable one not whittle ol you.
Personal responsibility dude.

"Your blood will not be on my hands of you perish in sin and go to hell. I can promise you that.” - that’s a fucking threat and a super dickish thing to say.
And it’s a threat by you, not some book.
Because you are the one judging me and others not God - God never gave you that right and strictly forbade it even.
You clearly would take some kind of perverse pleasure in seeing me go to Hell me’s thinks. ;)
You can’t damn anyone...save yourself.

Just stop...wtf is wrong with you?

Reactions: April