OMG! | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

OMG!

It's common for gays to hate gay culture.

That being said, I met a man on another forum who went by the name of JustTom. If you ever want to see firsthand where a lot of my animosity for religion comes from, then PM me and I'll send you a link. JustTom was the first person I met who genuinely hates gays. He is a Christian who is gay himself but went through conversion therapy to be "cured". He hated gays so much that he wanted the death penalty for sodomy. Now when I encounter gays who hate gays, I have 2 questions.

1. Are you Christian?
2. Did you go through conversion therapy?

100% of the time, the answer to both of those questions is "yes". That leads me to believe that conversion therapy aims to blame a past trauma for homosexuality and therefore instill a hatred or anger towards it. Once you start hating a part of your own identity, you start hating others who share it.

I was wondering about cases in which there was abuse - physical or psychological by either violence or neglect.

In the case of violent abuse, many victims go on to be violators - seldom with a realisation that they hate the person who violated them. I'm not trying to equate the link between abuser and abused with a similar interraction which results in some homosexuality, but pondering whether there is in fact a parrallel process.

If indeed there is a similar process in the development of some homosexuality, nascent hatred of homosexuals might arise from two factors: 1. the realisation that what was done to them was indeed abuse, giving rise to anger; 2. the possibility that an undesired homosexuality may be the result of events they had no control over may give rise to resentment of the tendency in general - even in others.