OH The Un-INFJ things you do | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

OH The Un-INFJ things you do

I can get more wrapped up in the analysis of a situation, maybe play devil's advocate, to the emotional response of whoever's involved. So I sacrifice the personal for the thought.

Then I might realize it and I feel like a jerk, and sort of inept - like my friend's thinking, god you are so oblivious to how I am feeling..

Ohhh, that is too funny. I was just telling someone last week at work that I have a habit of letting things build up and then it's a challenge to get it done on time (I constantly work against deadlines). Today even, I knew I had something due before close of business...I waited until 2 hours before I had to leave to start it. The task would have typically taken at least twice that amount of time at a comfortable pace.

Oh my god this is me. My favorite time was when I had a huge sociology project due (paper, oral presentation and craft project) and I knew about it for weeks and weeks. But I did the whole thing in 48 hours. I stayed up for two days straight until my grandma had to pry to coffee pot from my hands because I was laughing and talking to the walls. Good times. I did so well that the professor said it was one of the best presentations she'd had ever. Ha! It was a total rush.

Sometimes I finish things super early, but it's rare. I end up getting so weirdly neurotic that I will over-edit and obsess over every. single. detail. Much better to save all of my anxiety for one quick burst so I can run on the adrenalin.

I'm also messy, but I feel terrible and anxious about it. But I've made it a resolution so I think that might change.

I'm a huge fan of heavy metal, violent video games, and violent horror/action movies [to a certain extent]. :m029:

Last edited:
Oh my god this is me. My favorite time was when I had a huge sociology project due (paper, oral presentation and craft project) and I knew about it for weeks and weeks. But I did the whole thing in 48 hours. I stayed up for two days straight until my grandma had to pry to coffee pot from my hands because I was laughing and talking to the walls. Good times. I did so well that the professor said it was one of the best presentations she'd had ever. Ha! It was a total rush.

Sometimes I finish things super early, but it's rare. I end up getting so weirdly neurotic that I will over-edit and obsess over every. single. detail. Much better to save all of my anxiety for one quick burst so I can run on the adrenalin.

I'm also messy, but I feel terrible and anxious about it. But I've made it a resolution so I think that might change.

Hahah similar happens to me all the time, I tend to leave things for the last minute and stress about. WHICH I have somewhat done this winterbreak.
I can get neurotic/anxious as well and end up correcting any single mistake untill the point were I will think it is Perfect, which is when I feel very proud of my sufficient work.
However when it leans towards negative anxiety like; what if this assignment sucks, what if I'm wrong, what if it's just not good enough. Then everything goes slow and making the assignment itself will be torture.

This.is.me.exactly.

Lately, I've actually been doing things ahead of time so I can chill out <BD

But I've also been making a lot of obnoxious sexual passes lately. I've been way too social compared to normal, too

I'm a huge fan of heavy metal, violent video games, and violent horror/action movies [to a certain extent]. :m029:
woot! same! hahaha
that and I seem more like an E to the people around me. good mask I suppose ;)

Hard to get by around here being an I. My close friends all know about the real me though :m037:

I tend to get rowdy and bellligerent on occasion at social gatherings involving alcohol and dancing.. but only sometimes.. And if I'm having a particuliarly bad day I have no problem either ignoring or muttering to the person trying to get chatty with me: "Stop talking to me."

i sing along to the radio loudly and rap ..or at least attempt to rap.. unabashedly to "gangster" rap music.
sometimes i don't make my bed :x and my study desk is so messy that i take to doing my homework on the couch in front of the TV. that habit is also connected to my on-and-off love for procrastination too.

I tend to get rowdy and bellligerent on occasion at social gatherings involving alcohol and dancing.. but only sometimes.

Yeah, historically this is the most un-INFJ thing I do, and I did it a lot. I have been known to dance on tables with abandon, be the first out on the dance floor, with virtually no inhibitions. Bars, clubs, parties, weddings... I was a happy camper on the dance floor.

Also, I've been to a few family (grown-ups hanging out upstairs, kids downstairs) parties over the past 10 years where everybody seemed to get infatuated with playing Charades and I have always loved Charades. After one party, the host went up to Tom and said "Did you divorce Lisa and marry Lisa's Flamboyant Twin instead? She's magnificent!".

(of course I need three days of uninterrupted total introversion to recover from these events. don't go anywhere, need to be in a room alone, don't talk to anyone, barely listen to anyone.)

^^ Yep~ I remember in the Netherlands, after a wild night at the club, the next day I'd wake up really late in the day and just have an introverted pamper session :3
Last time I did it, I took a really long bath and just walked around in my pj's, not really doing much of anything. People made fun of me as having a hangover....but I was really just having some down time ;)

i love to play football....if i can...maybe next year i'll get on the team to be kicker! wooh

and i'm training in aikido (japanese martial art) so i'm basically...a samurai xD