NF, NT, SP, and SJ | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

NF, NT, SP, and SJ

Wow. I leave this thread alone for a little while, and look at all this pent up SJ hostility getting vented... sheesh.

(And I'm right here with all of you, as much as I hate to admit it. I want to live in ideal world where everyone is a valid person that I deeply care about, but the simple fact of the matter is, I've had so much unwarranted and needless hostility thrown at me by SJs that it's really hard to get over it.)

Since I knew myself better trough this forum and MBTI in general, I care less for opinions of others. And I work on that feeling more. I finally realised that is important what I think about me. It's the right way. My valuse are my values, and my feelings are my feelings. If somebody has has problems with that, that's his/her problem, not mine.

I enjoy staying true to myself, but I also enjoy growing as a person and moving forward in life. Now venting is fine, and overemphasizing what you mean is natural (In reguards to some things people say when they are emotional)

But if I presented how I feel to other people all the time I think their heads would literally explode. I am not trying to say I am "Sooooo complex" or that people are too simple to understand me, I am just saying that my emotions are so nutzo and go from one extreme to the other. If I went around wearing that on my sleeve I would drive everyone absolutely bonkers. I know, I drive myself bonkers enough of the time. :p

But I did have to realize that in many situations it is not my fault for misunderstandings and not really my fault that things aren't always perfect. Sometimes they are, and it is important to recognize that too.

I think the best lesson I have learned is that shit happens, a lot of times it isn't anyone's fault. I might encounter some stranger that is a total prick, and at first I might think "Who the F do they think they are??" And I end up feeding my rage.

But I have been on both sides in this situation. I try to keep the perspective that they are probably having a shitty day, or maybe they just have a shitty life. Who knows, it doesn't really matter, but I shouldn't feel bad about it.

Easier said than done, unfortunately.

Wow. I leave this thread alone for a little while, and look at all this pent up SJ hostility getting vented... sheesh.

(And I'm right here with all of you, as much as I hate to admit it. I want to live in ideal world where everyone is a valid person that I deeply care about, but the simple fact of the matter is, I've had so much unwarranted and needless hostility thrown at me by SJs that it's really hard to get over it.)
Exactly. :)

So wait, the SJ's were the "popular" kids in High School huh?

*Tries not to jump on the bandwagon*

I understand that but I can only take so much stupidity. SJ's need to grow up and realize that not everyone cares about their social norms.

And trust me fI wasn't sure of myself I would have never came out of shadow in my teens.

Yes, the immature SJs in the world do need to acknowledge that just because someone does not adhere or care about social norms does not mean that they are decadent or evil and that by objurgating someone who does not adhere to social norms they may damage someone's feelings ( sometimes though even when they are told that they are hurting someone's feelings they still continue and mount an attack on the person by calling them "oversensitive"

Yeah, it can be hard at times as their criticisms can hurt a lot but I think it is important to always attempt to remember that even though most SJs exhibit those negative traits, not all of them that exist do

They'd probably like it.

(I jumped off a bridge once... into a lake.)

LOL I jumped off a bridge too, although it was into a couple feet of water and the rest was mud... My feet were sunk so far in I lost my shoes and had to be pulled out by someone else.

ew, squissshy! LOL!

And people act like S is a problem. Jeeze.

MY bridge was really, really high and the lake below was really, really deep (fortunately. :D) I posted lookouts below before jumping, and had a guy in a boat ready to fish me out, which did sort of ruin the spontaneity, but still it was cool. Stupid teenager.

Yes, the immature SJs in the world

What is with immature NFs? They also exist, you know (even INFJs, my dear fellows...:)
Besides, without people who "guards" some social norms, we would live in chaos, belive me. SJs are important as any NF. And yes, I have friends of different kinds, do you know who is most likely to call me just because we haven't heard for some time. No ENFJ, but ISTJ.

What is with immature NFs? They also exist, you know (even INFJs, my dear fellows...:)
Besides, without people who "guards" some social norms, we would live in chaos, belive me. SJs are important as any NF. And yes, I have friends of different kinds, do you know who is most likely to call me just because we haven't heard for some time. No ENFJ, but ISTJ.

With all do respect I and other NFs can't be all loving and accepting all the time. Screw that.lol