Nerd, Geek, or Dork | INFJ Forum

Nerd, Geek, or Dork

Satya

C'est la vie
Retired Staff
May 11, 2008
MBTI
INXP
Napoleon Dynamite is a dork. He is not a nerd, he is not a geek. The real question you have to ask yourself, however, is: what are you? Nerd? Geek? or Dork? Yes, friends, there is a difference, and this test will ultimately, finally and conclusively answer that question in the eyes of God and man.

Along the way, you'll learn for yourself what the differences are between these oft misunderstood and confused categories--that's right, this test has a social mission--and, I hope, grow a little bit on the inside.

Onwards!

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testi ... 0046738815

http://helloquizzy.okcupid.com/tests/the-nerd-geek-or-dork-test/

Last edited by a moderator:
No surprise, but apparently I'm a . . . pure dork. I am so utterly thrilled . . .

Pure Nerd.

39 % Nerd, 17% Geek, 30% Dork
My overall rating was 'Joe Normal'. Wow, cool, I'm normal!!

Yeah baby,

joecool.jpg

39 % Nerd, 34% Geek, 21% Dork

Joe Normal! - WooHoo!
39 % Nerd, 26% Geek, 26% Dork

Weird how we are equally nerdy ;)

I kick your ass in Geek though :D

73 % Nerd, 30% Geek, 39% Dork

meh... I can't help it, I love school!

Lurker said:
I kick your ass in Geek though :D

That's becuase I have to carefully balance my geekiness and my dorkiness ... its a lot of work to get it just right. :lol:

Dang. This was not what I expected...

Pure Nerd

52 % Nerd, 22% Geek, 26% Dork
mt1124997268.jpg
For The Record:

A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia.
A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.
You scored better than half in Nerd, earning you the title of: Pure Nerd.

The times, they are a-changing. It used to be that being exceptionally smart led to being unpopular, which would ultimately lead to picking up all of the traits and tendences associated with the "dork." No-longer. Being smart isn't as socially crippling as it once was, and even more so as you get older: eventually being a Pure Nerd will likely be replaced with the following label: Purely Successful.

Congratulations!

Pure Dork

48 % Nerd, 30% Geek, 57% Dork

:(

Joe Normal

30 % Nerd, 4% Geek, 35% Dork

Pure Nerd

52 % Nerd, 13% Geek, 39% Dork
mt1124997268.jpg
For The Record:

A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.

The times, they are a-changing. It used to be that being exceptionally smart led to being unpopular, which would ultimately lead to picking up all of the traits and tendences associated with the "dork." No-longer. Being smart isn't as socially crippling as it once was, and even more so as you get older: eventually being a Pure Nerd will likely be replaced with the following label: Purely Successful.

Congratulations!

Hmmm

Outcast Genius

65 % Nerd, 78% Geek, 57% Dork
mt1124997242.jpg
For The Record:

You scored better than half in all three, earning you the title of: Outcast Genius.

Outcast geniuses usually are bright enough to understand what society wants of them, and they just don't care! They are highly intelligent and passionate about the things they know are *truly* important in the world. Typically, this does not include sports, cars or make-up, but it can on occassion (and if it does then they know more than all of their friends combined in that subject).

Outcast geniuses can be very lonely, due to their being outcast from most normal groups and too smart for the room among many other types of dorks and geeks, but they can also be the types to eventually rule the world, ala Bill Gates, the prototypical Outcast Genius.

Congratulations!

Seems about right... =(

Last edited:
61 % Nerd, 48% Geek, 35% Dork

Outcast Genius

78 % Nerd, 61% Geek, 70% Dork
mt1124997242.jpg
For The Record:

You scored better than half in all three, earning you the title of: Outcast Genius.

Outcast geniuses usually are bright enough to understand what society wants of them, and they just don't care! They are highly intelligent and passionate about the things they know are *truly* important in the world. Typically, this does not include sports, cars or make-up, but it can on occassion (and if it does then they know more than all of their friends combined in that subject).

Outcast geniuses can be very lonely, due to their being outcast from most normal groups and too smart for the room among many other types of dorks and geeks, but they can also be the types to eventually rule the world, ala Bill Gates, the prototypical Outcast Genius.

Congratulations!

:m129:Yay sounds like me

Joe Normal

48 % Nerd, 17% Geek, 17% Dork

For The Record:

You scored less than half in all three, earning you the title of: Joe Normal.

This is not to say that you don't have some Nerd, Geek or Dork inside of you--we all do, and you can see the percentages you have right above. This is just to say that none of those qualities stand out so much as to define you. Sure, you enjoy an episode of Star Trek now and again, and yeah, you kinda enjoyed a few classes back in the day. And, once in a while, you stumble while walking down the street even though there was nothing there to cause you to trip. But, for the most part, you look and act fairly typically, and aren't much of an outcast.

I'd say there's a fair chance someone asked you to take this test. In any event, fairly normal.

Congratulations!