Neanderthal | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Neanderthal

Tibetan people can survive on the roof of the world—one of the most inhospitable places that anybody calls home—thanks to a gene that they inherited from a group of extinct humans called Denisovans, who were only discovered four years ago thanks to 41,000-year-old DNA recovered from a couple of bones that would fit in your palm. If any sentence can encapsulate why the study of human evolution has never been more exciting, it’s that one.
http://phenomena.nationalgeographic...humans-passed-high-altitude-gene-to-tibetans/

Reactions: Wyote
Last edited:
ok new favorite thread :)

I suspect it was maybe even much earlier than this... woven tapestry over family trees in terms of descent... I want to meet one of these grandparents =)

Reactions: jkxx and Wyote
Just guessing here, if there is solid evidence that 1) Homo sapiens and Neanderthals interbred 100,000 years ago and 2) there is no Neanderthal DNA in the modern African genome then that puts the human migration out of Africa back by at least 50,000 years. (with no known archeological evidence to show it)

Reactions: Wyote
There has been plenty of paleontological, archaeological and DNA-biological evidence presented about the Neanderthals. It is interesting to look for and speculate on how they influenced modern human development. For instance, the bible passages dealing with the Nephilim...
http://www.rhesusnegative.net/work/...-physically-very-strong-so-were-the-nephilim/

I myself am not a religious person, but the concept of Neanderthals fascinates me.

I will literally talk upon hours and hours regarding our lineage between homosapiens and Neanderthals. Approximately, each and one of us have 4% of Neanderthal DNA. What made homosapiens ahead of Neanderthals when it came to the survival of the fittest wasn't our physical strength or intelligence, but our capabilities of the creation on language and arts--- which the Neandetherals didn't have a strong concept of, and we as homosapiens flourished. It is all very interesting.

In the world of neurology and psychology, language is one of the fundamental roots that is essential for brain development. It completely rewires the way a person behaves and thinks. Which is also why homosapiens had such an upper hand because we were advancing at a much higher rate than our fellow Neanderthal companions--despite their skills for hunting and similar social interaction.

Proven studies on magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) have shown that those who speak two or more languages have a higher cognition rate and complete transformation in brain activity than those who only know one language. Also regions on the brain (hippocampus and cerebrel cortex) have increased in size in comparison to the unchanged group that didn't learn or know a second language.

Furthermore, I was researching the other day regarding the strange anomaly of RH- blood---how current researchers and world-renown scientists are still trying to figure out the true origin of the RH- blood type. It is incredibly rare, and some of you are probably aware of the concept that if a pregnant woman carries the RH- blood trait, she will need a certain vaccine that will prevent her immune system from attacking her own infant before/during labor. It is very fascinating and strange.

Many theorists would say it is decades upon decades of mutations within the genome. I believe it is the most logical reasoning behind this medical mystery, but it still needs more further studies and research to make it conclusive. Where did the RH- blood type truly come from? Did it originate from our Neanderthal ancestry?

One thing to acknowledge is that we owe a huge credit to the Neanderthals for giving us an exceptional immune system that wards off various harmful illnesses and germs.

Last edited:
Reactions: jkxx, Stu and Wyote