My Life for Auir (07-27-10) | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

My Life for Auir (07-27-10)

4dalulz? :D

It's supposed to be a tough challenge, if not impossible, because no nexus will build second mothership as long as there is one. The mothership must be completely irreversibly dead, in order to build a new one.

some sort of queuing bug? some way to queue more than 1 mothership build?

This time it's not a bug or exploit. The build uses completely valid normal game elements, and is perfectly legitimate; requires no bug-fix etc. We just don't see it done often in real games, because it would be hard, and maybe even counter-productive for winning. But it's possible to do.

Other similar challenges are: getting MULE speed mining diamonds for a nexus or a hatchery; teleport terrans across the map; restore all protoss units [strike][and buildings*][/strike] life; prove that medivacs can heal air units; instantly increase food supply for protoss and zerg -- without having an ally.

_____
(*) scratch Protoss buildings from the list; they are neither bio, nor mech

Last edited:
wtfbbq

Here's how: Infestors! If there are P and T on the map, and you begin as Zerg, you can legitimately infest a probe and an SCV, build a Nexus and CC of your own (they get your own color), and from there you don't even need infestors and neural parasite anymore. Your legit new Nexus and CC just pump out more probes and SCVs from your own color, and you get to build the full armies, units and structures, with the full complexity and arsenal of all the 3 races at once, under the same color, and use them together - not as allies, but as just your own inter-racial army.

What does that mean?
- workers of any race can mine for any type of main base; including MULEs for hatchery or nexus
- you can use any race extractor for any race base and get it mined by any race workers heterogeneously; eg: nexus with zerg extractor and terran rafinery, mined by probes, scvs and drones, while also using MULEs on the minerals
- dropships of any race can transport any races: medivacs, ovies and warp prisms can load anything
- food supplies are shared, that means building a pylon makes more food for hatching ultralisks, and also when you quickly need food to mass produce Void Rays, you can use the Terran double supply depot, which is called instantly using energy from Orbital commands
- medivacs can heal your bio-air Z units; so they DO heal air, after all..
- Queens can heal your zealots and marines; imagine them spewing that acid.. oh, well..
- SCVs can repair all Protoss non-bio units, including air units
- Mothership and Nydus network can recall and teleport terrans across the map
- Mothership can provide invisibility to Zerg and Terran units such as invisible hydras, or invisible thors..
- Vortex Nuke: probably the coolest thing in the whole game; while mothership freezes a whole group of enemies in the vortex, a nuke comes to welcome them just when they reappear back from the black hole, so they can't escape the bomb

And finally - 4 motherships with just 1 Protoss player. Answer: it's PZvZZ, having 3 different zerg players means each one can infest protoss and build army of their own color, eventually getting 4 motherships on the map (counting one from the original P) in a 2v2 game with just one P player. Who said it's impossible.

Here're some demos (a bit laggy and tedious, but nevertheless), the full army is seen in part 2:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79IYKbFaemU&feature=PlayList&p=D1F2BA7C8A4A5690&playnext_from=PL&index=0&playnext=1"]YouTube- Z T P - Part 1 of 3[/ame]

P.S. You get some funny sound effects like for example Nexus trying to chrono boost before its ready saying "Not enough energy" with the creepy zerg voice, while at the same time probes and SCVs use their own voice. I also noticed that around base of some race, an inter-racial group of workers uses the voice of the race of the base - eg: near CC a group of probes, scvs and drones will use the scv sounds, but near nexus they will use the probe sounds. ^^

Last edited:
It seems very viable to do an infestor drop, neural parasite an enemy worker, and pick the infestor and enemy worker up and fly off. For Protoss can use probe to create expansion Nexus then pop the probe into an overlord and build tech buildings in main. For Terran can build command centers in main and fly them off. Seems multi-racing is very viable for mid game play.

It could be immensely powerful, because of the combined abilities, which you, as one player, get to control perfectly, and not rely on the synchronization with allies. However, normally the enemy would press you so much, so early, that you won't be able to benefit from such long term strategy. Perhaps in the upcoming 4v4 on larger maps which take more time to develop, it could be more applicable... Anyhow, the main purpose here was fun, experimenting and testing the beta.

LOL wtf press you so much. If you can build an expansion you can build a goddamn Nexus or Command Center! Then it's just a barracks and a starport and you've got your MMM! You're sacrificing like.... what... a few hydralisks for your multi-race.

Correct, it's not a very huge difference, but still it is slowing you down, because at such point as Zerg you already have developed structures, at least up to Infestation Pit, whereas you will need to build the other 2 races from zero up to the levels you need.

In a real competitive game you usually have more important defensive and offensive tasks, and so it's more of a luxury, which usually could be used if the enemy is clearly weaker - kinda like humiliation for fun /which most competitive players won't even do, because they prefer to win as quickly as possible and keep gaining ladder score/

160APM superstars could do it!

I can do it too, against much weaker noobs than me ;] but 160apm would still probably have issues to use it vs other 160apm players, which is the whole point.

HDH invitational 3/4-match and Final are going to be broadcasted in two days:
1pm PDT// 4pm EDT// 10pm CET Sunday, May 23rd 2010
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hdstarcraft

I think this game has substance though.
By now I have to agree. It is so serious and deep, in terms of Game Theory problems, that UC Berkely even has a Starcraft 101 course which earns official 2 credits, and people can graduate, with it listed on their curriculum.

If someone is as obsessed with statistics as me, here are some useful links:
Unit Table
http://shurafa-gaming.blogspot.com/ (various useful stats)
http://sites.google.com/site/sc2gears/
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=117649 (Tiler's SC2Tools0.99.3, extracts info from your installation)
edit: some more math sources:
L2 normed space of Starcraft (due to fragmented damage)
RTS Mathematics Paper (direct link)
MathCraft: Optimal builds through math (in progress)

Did anyone watch the Jaedong vs Flash finals? Wow, in Korea e-sports are like real sports, with pro-leagues, teams, and hyped finals events, in which popular musicians perform songs for the large audience, and there are tons of commercials shown between the games. Also, the HDH Invitational final, that I linked before, was watched online by some 25'000 live viewers.

college1.jpg

P.S. It appears craft-gamers have already run with the Olympic torch.

Last edited:
Did anyone watch the Jaedong vs Flash finals?

Hehe. Yes I saw the match. With Flash leading 2-0 I thought it was over. Then Jaedong came back and won the last game with a Zergling rush. Tough one for Flash.

Ah, no, I meant the MSL Grand Final yesterday. But they play these in each season recently, since they are placed on 1st and 2nd position in the Starleague.

Mentioning the academy and Starcraft, Day9 is apparently a UCLA Math major, and one of the most dedicated analyzers of the game. He also produces some legendary quotes, like: "If you stand very close to my head, you can hear the ocean". ;D

Last edited:
Ah, no, I meant the MSL Grand Final yesterday. But they play these in each season recently, since they are placed on 1st and 2nd position in the Starleague.

Mentioning the academy and Starcraft, Day9 is apparently a UCLA Math major, and one of the most dedicated analyzers of the game. He also produces some legendary quotes, like: "If you stand very close to my head, you can hear the ocean". ;D

Ah. I thought you meant that other match recently, whatever it was. (Korean Air sponsored.)

Game theory is one of my many many interests. :) I'm gonna check that out. Thanks for the tip.

So today I cancelled my preorder. Been playing the beta a bit too much when I really should be sleeping or doing other stuff. Can't have it like that.

Probably I will still keep watching commented games. I have played a lot of Zerg lately and I'm starting to appreciate the finer strategies. I think watching really good players battle it out is even more fun than playing myself. At least I think so right now. Cancelling the preorder will save me a couple of bucks and some night of good sleep. Yay for that!

Anyway, here are a couple of funny Zerg games worth seeing. IdrA is some kind of hotshot that moved to Korea to play, but also a little bastard. You'll see what I mean.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyUdeIh9ic8"]YouTube- HD Starcraft 2 IdrA v Masq g1 p1/1[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJfkBg0aPZ8"]YouTube- HD Starcraft 2 IdrA v Masq g2 p1/1[/ame]

Reactions: enfp can be shy
Reactions: mooseman
I am really sketchy on if I want to buy it but I'll buy it anyway. Beta hasn't seemed that great.

I am really sketchy on if I want to buy it but I'll buy it anyway. Beta hasn't seemed that great.

Well the new Battle.net feels like it took 1 step forward and several steps backwards into a highway and got hit by a speeding artic lorry.

The game itself is good though, and at the end of the day it's the game I pay for.

I'm only interested in playing RTS's with friends anyway and apart from the ridiculous region lock, b.net caters for that adequately.

Well the new Battle.net feels like it took 1 step forward and several steps backwards into a highway and got hit by a speeding artic lorry.

The game itself is good though, and at the end of the day it's the game I pay for.

I'm only interested in playing RTS's with friends anyway and apart from the ridiculous region lock, b.net caters for that adequately.

Well I mean bnet random games with people.... it just seems like they all either turn into something vs Terran MMM ball. Or occasionally something vs stalkers. You never see any variety in unit composition like you used to.

(And don't get me started on zerg, who have all sorts of issues midgame since the roach nerf).

On Edit: its much more hardcounter then SC1

On Edit2: I mean don't get me wrong I can win well enough as protoss... I just don't like that there is so much hard counter ness where you pretty much have to build XYZ in that order to not instantly die.

Last edited by a moderator: