My Life for Auir (07-27-10) | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

My Life for Auir (07-27-10)

i'm not a very patient person
and my beta code isn't here yet
GRRRRR

RELEASE DATE IS 07-27-10!!!!!!!!!!!

Beta code arrived. YAAAAYYY!!!!! 39 minutes for download completion.... then the patches.... then I will learn how to play it..... then I will play Indigo and hope he lets me win...

star a pool for how many days it will be pushed back?

Beta code arrived. YAAAAYYY!!!!! 39 minutes for download completion.... then the patches.... then I will learn how to play it..... then I will play Indigo and hope he lets me win...

woo!

You likely will win, I am quite bad at RTS games. My brain doesn't think that way. I still have fun with SC2 though.

Yessss.... this is pathetic, it's at 302mb/1.65GB, and now it says "about 2 hours" for download completion. This is a really slow download. I usually can get downloads at 1MB/sec.

1.37/1.64GB - 28 minutes left
LSKDJALKDJALKJDAKLSJDLASKJDASKLJDLKASJDKLAJSDKLJASDKLASJDLKASJDKLASJD
that is how my anticipation feels

Heeee I'm Intuitor.intj
learning to play................ still figuring the tech trees and units

ZvP push - 12 mutas
TvP push - 16 MM
ZvT in P main - priceless
http://i42.tinypic.com/o56rrb.jpg
- We have to kill each other in the middle of your base to decide who gets to destroy it.
- Be my guests, take your time. xD When you're done, my stalkers are gonna blink up there and finish the leftovers from both of ye.

lol blink....my mage does that too. 15 second cooldown... 13 seconds with some pvp set
it seems to become proficient with starcraft requires becoming so familiar with the game, micromanagement, and tactics that it becomes more like a chess game. i mean... if one to really shoot for perfect play. would probably take a few months of intense play to become realllllyyy good... and even then the game would be fought on more of a strategic and technical/theoretical level

Last edited:
I have played about 10 matches now and won 1. I still suck bad but not nearly as bad as I did 5 matches ago. :) I'm more or less new to real-time strategy games, but I'm hooked on this one right now. That's for sure.

Last edited:
shitmotherfuckerballs this battle.net starcraft been down a long time!

Phew! I have won a couple of games as Terran now, kind of barely getting a grasp of the basic dynamics of battles and resource management. Moving on to Zerg for a while now I think.

vihyr.svetovit
->anyone add me if you like :) /i think we have to be online at the same time though, otherwise it doesn't work; I can't add Indy so far, for example/
currently in official ladder games 7 wins 6 losses 1v1 (rank 14) + bonus for 3-streak win; and 3 wins 3 losses 2v2 (rank 29) -- not too shabby for a total noob
unfortunately my pc is way below the Blizz sys. requirements (the installation tells me i COULDN'T even play :D - little does it know about my tweaking skills), so that means I don't stand a chance to come to the REAL playing level, even if I got the knowledge/technique somewhat
RTS is a completely new area for me, I used to believe I simply CAN'T learn to play it; turns out it just takes some special inspiration :) buuuut, it's still mostly a "clicky" game, about making 200 clicks per minute, which is just not that interesting, especially with slow computer /i optimized and tweaked it as much as possible, and still/
i think they could instead of Faster, play all ranked games on Slower - that would take away the "clicky" micro element of the game and concentrate it really more around strategy; currently, I am learning how to play BADLY, meaning, sub-optimal strategy which works better under the limited click-time for the game pace. The frame rate is sometimes so low, I can't even pick a drone/scv/probe because they become all blurred/random, like an electron cloud,....... t.t.... i have to select a group with rectangle, and then pick one from the selection screen

about races: fav is zerg, but i really do like all the races, and love playing as "random" as well; playing well with all races is a big advantage for playing well with a single one of them, because you REALLY get to understand how your opponent thinks, and what are his own struggles, vulnerabilities and tricks against you; i think it would be a huge mistake to concentrate on learning just one race

another important thing i enjoy a lot - replays!!! automatic replays of all your games is just awesome; you get to learn from each loss -- I truly enjoy losing as much as winning, in fact even a little more, because it means I get to learn a new trick ^_^ it also releases the initial fears of opponent's thinking, I get to see their own mistakes, and how it was possible actually to win, if I were more aggressive when needed, or more careful when needed.

this is just for fun, but it's a lot of fun for a newbie ;]

vihyr.svetovit
->anyone add me if you like :) /i think we have to be online at the same time though, otherwise it doesn't work; I can't add Indy so far, for example/

It's sever (US; EU) specific; one can't add people (or play against them, etc) from the other sever.

Garmgarf.garmgarf - EU

currently in official ladder games 7 wins 6 losses 1v1 (rank 14) + bonus for 3-streak win; and 3 wins 3 losses 2v2 (rank 29) -- not too shabby for a total noob

I'm impressed.

about races: fav is zerg, but i really do like all the races, and love playing as "random" as well; playing well with all races is a big advantage for playing well with a single one of them, because you REALLY get to understand how your opponent thinks, and what are his own struggles, vulnerabilities and tricks against you; i think it would be a huge mistake to concentrate on learning just one race

I agree.

I played a handful of matches as Zerg tonight and I won about half of them. (3 in a row actually. Yeaah.) Moving on to study Protoss next time. Sadly, replays are broken for me, so I will have to wait until the next patch I guess.

To be honest I miss turn-based strategy games. They don't make a lot of them nowadays.

My user name is Raam.unity (EU server.) Add me!

Garmgarf.garmgarf - EU

I added you.

Last edited:
Reactions: enfp can be shy
Hum, how to beat siege tanks without void rays and carriers.... I lost many stalkers blinking into this terran base from the front. How to assault terran base?

Hum, how to beat siege tanks without void rays and carriers.... I lost many stalkers blinking into this terran base from the front. How to assault terran base?

hard and fast if siege mode tanks still have a dead zone

Those dirty terran usually box themselves in with buildings. Think I might try blinking over to their supply line, then they'll have to unsiege and walk over and I should be able to kill them as they're unsieged, and much damage should be done by the time they get there.

I generally try to maintain expansions and destroy theirs, and outproduce opponents. I even beat a Korean guy! OMG!!!!! I knew he was Korean cuz he said "hello ^^". I won cuz I didn't let him get a 3rd expansion, and I was able to keep mine. I actually put 3 or 4 cannons on each probe line.

Usually I try to mass zealots and stalkers. Vs. terran I try to mass void rays, and produce many zealots with excess minerals. Zealots more for defense.

Zerg players are kind of hard to beat I find. Their zerglings and mutalisks are so fast... mutalisk guerilla attacks are hard to defend, aside from making 5 cannons per supply line, and even then they will try to randomly kill buildings. I try to keep buildings condensed because of that.

ugh
this game is really hard
so many different lines that one can take
i pretty much just choose one... guess and test and see if it works
good players beat me right up :(
suppose i play enough and i'll figure it all out