[PAX] - My Idiot President | Page 26 | INFJ Forum

[PAX] My Idiot President

Bolton Again Warns Assad "We Will Respond" If Chemical Weapons Used In Idlib Offensive

by Tyler Durden
Wed, 08/22/2018 - 20:25

Here we go again. Did Bolton just give jihadists facing imminent final defeat under Assad and Russian bombs an open door invitation to initiate a chemical provocation?

As CNN and others warned this week that Syrian and Russian forces are closing in on the "last rebel stronghold" in Syria in the country's northwest pocket of Idlib province, US National Security Advisor put Syrian President Bashar al-Assad on notice, saying the United States would respond "very strongly" if pro-government forces use chemical weapons in their campaign to retake Idlib.

Bolton spoke at a press conference Wednesday while in Jerusalem, where he met with Israeli officials.

"We now see plans for the Syrian regime to resume offensive military activities in Idlib province," he said. "We are obviously concerned about the possibility that Assad may use chemical weapons again."

Bolton warned, "Just so there's no confusion here, if the Syrian regime uses chemical weapons we will respond very strongly and they really ought to think about this a long time."
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018...e-will-respond-if-chemical-weapons-used-idlib

Reactions: Skarekrow
US plans to use fake chemical weapons attack to strike Syria – Russian MoD
Published time: 27 Aug, 2018 12:11 Edited time: 28 Aug, 2018 10:44

The US may have plans to use a fake chemical attack in Syria to hit government forces with airstrikes, the Russian Defense Ministry has said. Washington is already building up strike capability in the Middle East, it said.
The warning comes a day after the Russian military said it had information about a looming provocation in Syria’s Idlib governorate, which would involve a staged chemical weapons attack. The US earlier warned it would respond to a chemical weapons attack by Syrian government forces with retaliatory strikes, which would be stronger than those conducted by the US, the UK and France in April.

In a statement published on Monday, the Russian MoD said it noted the deployment to the Mediterranean last weekend of the missile destroyer USS Ross carrying 28 Tomahawk cruise missiles on board. It came after a similar move of the USS The Sullivans to the Persian Gulf and the rebasing of a B-1B Lancer strategic bomber to an air base in Qatar. The Russian ministry said the “preparations are the latest evidence of the US intention to use the” expected provocation.

The statement reiterated that the Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham militant group, previously known as Al-Nusra Front, was preparing a staged chlorine attack in a city in Idlib. It alleged that a group of jihadists, trained in the handling of chemical weapons by the British private military contractor Olive Group, has already arrived in Jisr al-Shughur. The group will “stage decontamination of victims of a staged chemical weapons attack posing as members of the notorious White Helmets group,” the ministry claimed.

“The implementation of this provocation, which is being conducted with the assistance of the British intelligence services, is meant to serve as the latest pretext for the US, Britain and France to deliver a missile strike against state and economic facilities in Syria,” said General Igor Konashenkov, spokesman for the Russian Defense Ministry.
https://www.rt.com/news/436933-us-f..._medium=aplication_chrome&utm_campaign=chrome

so to repeat my original point: there is a lot to criticise trump on but russian collusion is not one of them

trump is under foreign influence but not the influence of the russians

the current demonising of russia is to prepare for an escalation of violence in syria where a staged chemical weapons attack can be used as the pretext for greater US and UK involvement in the conflict

the chemical weapons attack in britain simply helps the narrative along that russia and her allies want to use chemical weapons in syria. Basher assad has NOTHING to gain by gassing his own people. His syrian army has basically won the war and pushed the al qaeda and other US/Israel backed elements into the Idlib district and they are preparing for an all out offencive to destroy the islamic extremists (who we were told years ago were behind 911)

The syrian army is about to destroy the muslim extremists so the US/UK and Israel want to step in to protect their assets but they need an excuse to step in. A chemical weapons attack can provide that excuse

Assad would be insane to use chemical weapons especially after his enemies in the west have said they would invade if he did. Ask yourself: why would he give his enemies the green light that they want to invade? Why when his army has already basically defeated the islamic extremists through conventional weapons? he doesn't need to do it and besides he already destroyed his chemical weapons stocks to avoid future accusations of chemical weapons use

that isn't collusion with russia

that is not collusion with russia

Believe me i am strongly against the bush family but playing devils advocate here do you think wallstreet wouldn't have crashed if clinton had been in power?

you don't think that wallstreet was trading toxic derivatives when clinton was in power?

Ah so if things fail on obamas watch then that doesn't count but if things go wrong on bush's watch or on trumps watch then that is their fault?

None of this is russian collusion though

no russian collusion here either

so why didn;t this lethal nerve agent kill more people?

its not the fear of russian dissidents that is the factor here

it is YOUR fear of russia

they want you to be afraid of russia because they intend to continue their illegal war in syria in which they are fighting a proxy war against russia and there are whispers that the US backed rebels have been smuggling chemical weapons into syria which they intend to use to create an incident which they would then blame on assad

where is the proof?

lol

how much in funding have the russians given to the trump campaign?

anyone else given funding to trump?

do you know who the biggest funder of trump is?

MONEY is what controls your political system. those people who fund your candidates they expect a return on their investment

First of all I’m not afraid of Russia having traveled and spent time there some 4-5 times or so as well as being married to one.
(Really, personal attacks? “Ooh...you’re so scared of Russia!” lololol)
And second of all you ignored all that I said about the Trump tower incident.
That very likely was collusion with Russia.

Also you have ignored all the indictments and guilty pleas.
Surely you don’t think they are all coerced into jailing themselves?

Also, I said Clinton contributed to the collapse...don’t change my words.
You can repeat - “That’s not collusion with Russia” a thousand times but you have offered no proof otherwise as you coming onto a PAX thread to criticize the POVs here while offering no proof of your own otherwise.
You have the burden of proof if you are going to make such claims while NONE of us know what Mueller actually has on Trump or his cronies.
Everything said regarding his investigation and what he has or doesn’t have evidence-wise is a giant what-if.
We do know that many people who surrounded Trump are in deep legal trouble...is it fabricated?
If so - burden of proof is on you.

Also, I did say that Obama fucked up on things as well - again, don’t change my words...I didn’t change yours.
As for the nerve agent - are you a nerve agent toxicologist?
Because I know I am not...but I have worked in sterile and worked in disease isolation situations and do have a pretty good understanding of how things are transmitted and are not...but even so, I don’t know why and neither do you...it doesn’t mean I’m going to jump to the most unlikely conclusion.
We certainly don’t have all the information on what is being kept pretty highly under wraps as it is a national security threat.
We know just the basics.

Again...not MY fear of Russia...it is to deter dissent from within...we can agree to disagree.
And all of our intelligence agencies have proof of Russia messing with the elections...did you even read what I pasted below?
Proof of their meddling is not hard to find...search it...super easy.

As for money being the controller of the political system - duh.
Thanks for assuming I’m that fucking stupid.
And we have hints that there was outside political funding...laundered and funneled.
I’m not assuming that we have proof or not....but we might and I won’t dismiss that because it hasn’t been made public knowledge yet in an open and ongoing highly sensitive special investigation into the highest of positions capable of being publicly held.
It clearly is enough for those who have seen the evidence to justify the investigation and for it to continue to this day.
What makes you think you should have/be privy to this information yet?
We will all get the info when the investigation is over...until then you can’t assume it’s incorrect...and I can’t (and don’t) assume he has anything that will blow up his Presidency either.
But so far a whole lot of people have gone to jail for Russian connections as well as some 60+ “diplomats” were expelled from the US for their meddling that ALL our intelligence agencies have concluded took place and still actively are.
Not to mention the sanctions that Congress had to force Trump to sign as an attempt at retribution.
How long did the Nixon investigation take?
Do you know?

Those people who accept such donations and don’t represent their constituents will one day have to answer to the people.
Please stop making assumptions about me and what I believe...I didn’t do that to you in my response.
You have painted me in one way in your mind and I don’t think you have it quite accurate my friend.
Cheers.

Last edited:
so to repeat my original point: there is a lot to criticise trump on but russian collusion is not one of them

You certainly like RT News in a lot of your posts.
;)

First of all I’m not afraid of Russia having traveled and spent time there some 4-5 times or so as well as being married to one.
(Really, personal attacks? “Ooh...you’re so scared of Russia!” lololol)

I have not made a personal attack

you lol'd in your post and then i lol'd in my post

we each found something funny. I wasn't lol at your fear of russia I'm lol at how you are missing the glaring REAL story about who trumps team HAS colluded with

You want to criticise trump and that's fine but what i'm saying is that you should criticise him for the right thing!

And second of all you ignored all that I said about the Trump tower incident.
That very likely was collusion with Russia.

Also you have ignored all the indictments and guilty pleas.
Surely you don’t think they are all coerced into jailing themselves?

oh no i think american politics is rotten to the core. I reckon if a legitimate investigator launched an investigation into all the democrats and republicans i reckon they'd probably all go to jail on one charge or another

My point is that there is an agenda behind this russian collusion hot air

Also, I said Clinton contributed to the collapse...don’t change my words.

I haven't changed your words, you seemed to be giving obama a free pass for what happened on his watch but not extending the same courtesy to other politicians (personally i think they're all criminals!)

You can repeat - “That’s not collusion with Russia” a thousand times but you have offered no proof otherwise as you coming onto a PAX thread to criticize the POVs here while offering no proof of your own otherwise.

I don't need to offer proof as I am not the one making the accusation: you are!

You have claimed that trump has colluded with russia in some sort of significant way that has changed the course of US politics and now you need to prove that

I'm saying that trump HAS colluded with a foreign government but not russia and that all the noise about russia in the corporate media is to distract you away from the real collusion and also pave the way to an escalation of violence in syria

You have the burden of proof if you are going to make such claims while NONE of us know what Mueller actually has on Trump or his cronies.

If meuller had something you'd know about it. this thing has been raging on for what like a year now?

Everything said regarding his investigation and what he has or doesn’t have evidence-wise is a giant what-if.
We do know that many people who surrounded Trump are in deep legal trouble...is it fabricated?

who isn't in legal trouble at that level?

hilary clinton is in legal trouble

the issue is whether or not russia is pulling trumps strings and i'm saying they aren't

If so - burden of proof is on you.

no the burden is on you because you are the one making the accusation

Also, I did say that Obama fucked up on things as well - again, don’t change my words...I didn’t change yours.

I haven't changed your words. Your words are right there for people to read

As for the nerve agent - are you a nerve agent toxicologist?

I'll tell you who ARE toxicologists and that is britains military chemical weapons base porton down which is just down the road from where the skripals became sick

Because I know I am not...but I have worked in sterile and worked in disease isolation situations and do have a pretty good understanding of how things are transmitted and are not...but even so, I don’t know why and neither do you...it doesn’t mean I’m going to jump to the most unlikely conclusion.

No YOU don't know why it has happened but i do and i told you why it has happened

Do you remember before trump came into power? Hilary Clinton was banging the drums of war against russia. There was even talk of 'world war 3'. Do you remember all of that? That's because the deep state in the US wants war with russia which they are waging through proxy parties in syria. They wanted it then and they want it now

We certainly don’t have all the information on what is being kept pretty highly under wraps as it is a national security threat.
We know just the basics.

you can't say what i know or what i've seen and heard because you don't know what i know. speak for yourself

Again...not MY fear of Russia...it is to deter dissent from within...we can agree to disagree.
And all of our intelligence agencies have proof of Russia messing with the elections...did you even read what I pasted below?
Proof of their meddling is not hard to find...search it...super easy.

you can find 'proof' of any country spying if you look!

Russia is not the foreign government exerting most influence on your political process

As for money being the controller of the political system - duh.

personal attacks really?

'duh' like i'm dumb?

Thanks for assuming I’m that fucking stupid.
And we have hints that there was outside political funding...laundered and funneled.

THERE IS DIRECT POLITICAL FUNDING FROM A FOREIGN AGENT BUT YOU ARE TOTALLY IGNORING IT!

as well as some 60+ “diplomats” were expelled from the US for their meddling that ALL our intelligence agencies have concluded took place and still actively are.

that is all part of the escalation of tensions with russia along with sanctions

Please stop making assumptions about me and what I believe...I didn’t do that to you in my response..

no you pretty much did

Last edited:
You certainly like RT News in a lot of your posts.
;)

The russians have reported on the fact that they have approached the US government and advised them that rebels in syria are preparing a chemical weapons attack

has that been reported in the mainstream american news? if not then you would have to go to RT to find that story

Look i realise that many democrat party supporters have not accepted the results of the 2016 election and are desperate to try and pin anything on trump but if you are talking about collusion with a foreign government then at least talk about the right government

Report: Trump May Strike Syria Even if No Chemical Weapons Accusation is Made

The U.S. government is so desperate to prevent the Syrian government from retaking Idlib that it is willing to launch unilateral military action with or without the smokescreen “chemical weapons” justification it has been working to develop in recent weeks.

September 10th, 2018

By Whitney Webb Whitney Webb @_whitneywebb

WASHINGTON – As the temperature of Syrian conflict is rising dramatically ahead of the Syrian government’s anticipated military offensive in the Idlib province, a new report published in the Wall Street Journal has revealed that President Donald Trump may not even wait for an accusation over the Syrian government’s alleged use of chemical weapons to launch a strike against the government and its military allies.

The alarming report, which relies on information provided by anonymous administration officials, further claimed that U.S. intelligence indicated that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad had approved an imminent attack on the rebel-held Idlib province using chlorine gas, a scenario that the U.S. government has repeatedly warned in recent weeks would result in retaliatory military action. This “new” U.S. intelligence notably fits the “pre-crime” narrative that has recently been promoted by a cadre of U.S. government officials, including UN Ambassador Nikki Haley who claimed that the Syrian government is guilty of chemical weapons attacks against civilians before they happen.

Another troubling development detailed in the WSJ report is the fact that the Trump administration is also mulling whether or not to expand military strikes to include not just Syrian government forces but also the forces of Syria’s military allies in the conflict, Iran and Russia. If a military option targeting Russian and Iranian forces moves forward, it could prove a dangerous escalation and potentially cause the conflict to spread well beyond the borders of Syria.
https://www.mintpressnews.com/repor...o-chemical-weapons-accusation-is-made/249074/

https://www.mintpressnews.com/author/whitney-webb/

I have not made a personal attack

you lol'd in your post and then i lol'd in my post

we each found something funny. I wasn't lol at your fear of russia I'm lol at how you are missing the glaring REAL story about who trumps team HAS colluded with

You want to criticise trump and that's fine but what i'm saying is that you should criticise him for the right thing!

oh no i think american politics is rotten to the core. I reckon if a legitimate investigator launched an investigation into all the democrats and republicans i reckon they'd probably all go to jail on one charge or another

My point is that there is an agenda behind this russian collusion hot air

I haven't changed your words, you seemed to be giving obama a free pass for what happened on his watch but not extending the same courtesy to other politicians (personally i think they're all criminals!)

I don't need to offer proof as I am not the one making the accusation: you are!

You have claimed that trump has colluded with russia in some sort of significant way that has changed the course of US politics and now you need to prove that

I'm saying that trump HAS colluded with a foreign government but not russia and that all the noise about russia in the corporate media is to distract you away from the real collusion and also pave the way to an escalation of violence in syria

If meuller had something you'd know about it. this thing has been raging on for what like a year now?

who isn't in legal trouble at that level?

hilary clinton is in legal trouble

the issue is whether or not russia is pulling trumps strings and i'm saying they aren't

no the burden is on you because you are the one making the accusation

I haven't changed your words. Your words are right there for people to read

I'll tell you who ARE toxicologists and that is britains military chemical weapons base porton down which is just down the road from where the skripals became sick

No YOU don't know why it has happened but i do and i told you why it has happened

Do you remember before trump came into power? Hilary Clinton was banging the drums of war against russia. There was even talk of 'world war 3'. Do you remember all of that? That's because the deep state in the US wants war with russia which they are waging through proxy parties in syria. They wanted it then and they want it now

you can't say what i know or what i've seen and heard because you don't know what i know. speak for yourself

you can find 'proof' of any country spying if you look!

Russia is not the foreign government exerting most influence on your political process

personal attacks really?

'duh' like i'm dumb?

THERE IS DIRECT POLITICAL FUNDING FROM A FOREIGN AGENT BUT YOU ARE TOTALLY IGNORING IT!

that is all part of the escalation of tensions with russia along with sanctions

no you pretty much did

The russians have reported on the fact that they have approached the US government and advised them that rebels in syria are preparing a chemical weapons attack

has that been reported in the mainstream american news? if not then you would have to go to RT to find that story

Look i realise that many democrat party supporters have not accepted the results of the 2016 election and are desperate to try and pin anything on trump but if you are talking about collusion with a foreign government then at least talk about the right government
*sigh*

Yes...I’m in such denial about the election that I’m making things up...do you not see how that is a personal slight along with all your other little comments about me being in denial or ignoring facts?
You sound very patronizing.
That is why this conversation is concluding.
And you believe the Russian govt over all the others?
Are you in Russia?
That’s fine if you do/are...but don’t pretend like you have it all figured out when it’s still an ongoing investigation that has lots of Trump people sweating.

Okay...this is silly...you obviously have convinced yourself you are right, and I am not.
No point in me trying to show you anything further or try to show you proof otherwise that you won’t read or will immediately dismiss.
We have gone around three or more times now with no sign of resolution in sight between us.
Take care arguing with yourself.
We can agree to disagree on just about all you and I wrote.
I've gone around in these circle jerks on the forum too many times...the subtle and passive aggressive slights...the blatant disregard for certain facts...the whole - “No, you have to prove it, not me!”.
I’m not doing that dance of pointlessness with you and/or anyone who just wants to shove their POV down everyone else’s throat without bothering to even consider the other side seriously without blatant contempt for that rhetoric.
If you want to express yourself without pissing people off with your insult of assuming you are more correct than everyone else then start your own thread or blog and you can post anything you want all you want.
Don’t just come on this thread to argue conspiracy theory and semantics because you support Trump.
I don’t dismiss what you have posted, but I also have seen more evidence otherwise and don’t trust Trump as far as I can throw him (as there is a growing verified list of his constant daily lies).
If you want to know my political leanings please read “How can we take it back” - https://www.infjs.com/threads/how-can-we-take-it-back.27907/
(Please follow the rules of my thread)
Otherwise imho you are spreading mistruths and falsehoods and are incorrect (but I’m sure you feel the same about me).
Ciao.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stu
And you believe the Russian govt over all the others?

no but russia was invited into syria by its government. The US/Israel/UK were not

so then you have to ask: why are they there?

also when you consider that not that long ago the US government was telling us that al qaeda launched an attack on US soil on 911 and yet here we are now where the US is now supporting Al qaeda. Explain how that works?

Are you in Russia?

no i just don't want world war three with russia. i don't see russia as a threat to my way of life

That’s fine if you do/are...but don’t pretend like you have it all figured out when it’s still an ongoing investigation that has lots of Trump people sweating.

The investigation has been going on for a long time and during that time criminality on both sides of US politics has been revealed

Okay...this is silly...you obviously have convinced yourself you are right, and I am not.

it's quite simple....the US wants to protect its assets in the Idlib province. So explain to me why if trump was colluding with russia he would then support more meddling in syria when that would hurt russian interests?

No point in me trying to show you anything further or try to show you proof otherwise that you won’t read or will immediately dismiss.
We have gone around three or more times now with no sign of resolution in sight between us.
Take care arguing with yourself.
We can agree to disagree on just about all you and I wrote.

why do you want to shut down the discussion when we haven't discussed the real collusion?

I've gone around in these circle jerks on the forum too many times...the subtle and passive aggressive slights...the blatant disregard for certain facts...the whole - “No, you have to prove it, not me!”.

it was literally you who told me i had to prove it

all i said was that there was plenty of things to criticise trump for but collusion with russia is a big nothing burger

I’m not doing that dance of pointlessness with you and/or anyone who just wants to shove their POV down everyone else’s throat without bothering to even consider the other side seriously without blatant contempt for that rhetoric.

i have considered a number of sides

If you want to express yourself without pissing people off

it doesn't matter how you package it if some people don't like the information they are hearing then they will be pissed off

with your insult of assuming you are more correct than everyone else then start your own thread or blog and you can post anything you want all you want.
Don’t just come on this thread to argue conspiracy theory and semantics because you support Trump.

I don't support trump

I have told you repeatedly that he has colluded with a foreign government and you have repeatedly ignored this

I don’t dismiss what you have posted, but I also have seen more evidence otherwise and don’t trust Trump as far as I can throw him (as there is a growing verified list of his constant daily lies).

I don't trust trump either and neither do I trust hilary clinton

here it comes...the lie factory is about to go into overdrive

watch closely which people support the lies and push for war. It will be very instructive

Filming of staged chemical attack in Syrian Idlib begins - Russian MoD
Published time: 11 Sep, 2018 11:25 Edited time: 11 Sep, 2018 12:10
Footage, meant to serve as proof that the Syrian government has conducted a chemical weapons attack in Idlib, Syria, is to be handed to global news outlets by the end of Tuesday, the Russian military claims.

Several Middle East TV channels and a US news channel have been sent to Jisr al-Shughur in Syria’s Idlib Governorate to produce the footage needed for the provocation, a statement by the Russian Center for Syrian Reconciliation said. It added the intelligence came from local residents of Jisr al-Shughur.

“All the footage of the staged provocation in Jisr al-Shughur is to be delivered to the newsrooms of TV channels, which are to broadcast it after its publication on social media,” the statement claimed.

It also said that an Islamist group was provided with two canisters of a “chlorine-based chemical” for the purpose of the operation.

The Russian military said the footage would include scenes of White Helmets operatives treating supposed victims of an apparent barrel bomb chemical weapon attack by Damascus.

Moscow has repeatedly warned that a false flag chemical weapon attack was being prepared in Idlib, giving the US and its allies justification to attack Syrian government forces. Senior US officials have threatened Damascus with retaliation if it uses chemical weapons in Idlib and even preemptively assigned the blame for any such attack to the government.
https://www.rt.com/news/438158-staged-chemical-attack-idlib/

Don’t just come on this thread to argue conspiracy theory.

saying trump colluded with russia IS a conspiracy theory

Interesting article here that really lays it all out. Well worth a read

Target Syria
Will a new war be the October Surprise?
Philip Giraldi • September 11, 2018
It’s official. The Syrian Army assisted by Russian air support is closing in on the last major pocket of terrorists remaining in the country in the province of Idlib near Aleppo. The United States, which has trained and armed some of the trapped gunmen and even as recently as a year ago described the province as “al-Qaeda’s largest safe haven since 9/11,” has perhaps predictably warned Syria off. The White House initially threatened a harsh reaction if the Bashar al-Assad government were to employ any chemical weapons in its final attack, setting the stage for the terrorists themselves to carry out a false flag operation blamed on Damascus that would bring with it a brutal response against the regime and its armed forces by the U.S., Britain and France.
President Donald Trump said in April that “it’s time” to bring American troops home from Syria -once the jihadists of Islamic State have been definitively defeated. But now that that objective is in sight, there has to be some question about who is actually determining the policies that come out of the White House, which is reported to be in more than usual disarray due to the appearance last week of the New York Times anonymous op-ed describing a “resistance” movement within the West Wing that has been deliberately undermining and sometimes ignoring the president to further Establishment/Deep State friendly policies. The op-ed, perhaps by no coincidence whatsoever, appeared one week before the release of the new book by Bob Woodward Fear: Trump in the White House, which has a similar tale to tell and came out on Amazon today.

The book and op-ed mesh nicely in describing how Donald Trump is a walking disaster who is deliberately circumvented by his staff. One section of the op-ed is particularly telling and suggestive of neocon foreign policy, describing how the White House staff has succeeded in “[calling out] countries like Russia…for meddling and [having them] punished accordingly” in spite of the president’s desire for détente. It then goes on to elaborate on Russia and Trump, describing how “…the president was reluctant to expel so many of Mr. Putin’s spies as punishment for the poisoning of a former Russian spy in Britain. He complained for weeks about senior staff members letting him get boxed into further confrontation with Russia, and he expressed frustration that the United States continued to impose sanctions on the country for its malign behavior. But the national security team knew better – such actions had to be taken to hold Moscow accountable.”

If the op-ed and Woodward book are in any way accurate, one has to ask “Whose policy? An elected president or a cabal of disgruntled staffers who might well identify as neoconservatives?” Be that as it may, the White House is desperately pushing back while at the same time searching for the traitor, which suggests to many in Washington that it will right the sinking ship prior to November elections by the time honored and approved method used by politicians worldwide, which means starting a war to rally the nation behind the government.

As North Korea is nuclear armed, the obvious targets for a new or upgraded war would be Iran and Syria. As Iran might actually fight back effectively and the Pentagon always prefers an enemy that is easy to defeat, one suspects that some kind of expansion of the current effort in Syria would be preferable. It would be desirable, one presumes, to avoid an open conflict with Russia, which would be unpredictable, but an attack on Syrian government forces that would produce a quick result which could plausibly be described as a victory would certainly be worth considering.

By all appearances, the preparation of the public for an attack on Syria is already well underway. The mainstream media has been deluged with descriptions of tyrant Bashar al-Assad, who allegedly has killed hundreds of thousands of his own people. The rhetoric coming out of the usual government sources is remarkable for its truculence, particularly when one considers that Damascus is trying to regain control over what is indisputably its own sovereign territory from groups that everyone agrees are at least in large part terrorists.
read in full here http://www.unz.com/pgiraldi/target-syria/

no but russia was invited into syria by its government. The US/Israel/UK were not

so then you have to ask: why are they there?

also when you consider that not that long ago the US government was telling us that al qaeda launched an attack on US soil on 911 and yet here we are now where the US is now supporting Al qaeda. Explain how that works?

no i just don't want world war three with russia. i don't see russia as a threat to my way of life

The investigation has been going on for a long time and during that time criminality on both sides of US politics has been revealed

it's quite simple....the US wants to protect its assets in the Idlib province. So explain to me why if trump was colluding with russia he would then support more meddling in syria when that would hurt russian interests?

why do you want to shut down the discussion when we haven't discussed the real collusion?

it was literally you who told me i had to prove it

all i said was that there was plenty of things to criticise trump for but collusion with russia is a big nothing burger

i have considered a number of sides

it doesn't matter how you package it if some people don't like the information they are hearing then they will be pissed off

I don't support trump

I have told you repeatedly that he has colluded with a foreign government and you have repeatedly ignored this

I don't trust trump either and neither do I trust hilary clinton

Dude...you’re out there...IDK if there is some kind of miscommunication or we are talking across alternate universes but whatever dude.
Super.
You’re right.
You are the winner.

There’s actually lots of evidence of Trump-Russia collusion
The untenability of the “no collusion” talking point.
Article - https://www.vox.com/2018/6/11/17438386/trump-russia-collusion

Russian interference in the 2016 United States elections

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_interference_in_the_2016_United_States_elections

The Russia investigation and Donald Trump: a timeline from on-the-record sources (updated)
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2018/jul/16/russia-investigation-donald-trump-timeline-updated/

Dude...you’re out there...IDK if there is some kind of miscommunication or we are talking across alternate universes but whatever dude.
Super.
You’re right.
You are the winner.

there is no winner in this

there is only lots of syrians dying

there is no winner in this

there is only lots of syrians dying

No, no...you win.
You’re so cool and smart.
You have it all figured out...good for you!
Let me know how it all works out...say, in 4 or 5 years you can drop me a line?
Take care.

No, no...you win.
You’re so cool and smart.
You have it all figured out...good for you!
Let me know how it all works out...say, in 4 or 5 years you can drop me a line?
Take care.

Not cool or smart just looking at some info that has maybe passed some people by

Putting our differences in this thread aside for a minute i saw a very good article this morning about how harvard prof jeffrey sachs told the truth about the syrian conflict for a few minutes on the mainstream news

this is a rare thing! But here it is

How To Explain The Cause Of The Syrian War In 2 Minutes

by Tyler Durden
Tue, 09/11/2018 - 23:45

The last time time President Trump launched massive strikes on Syria in April of 2018, Jeffrey Sachs went on MSNBC's Morning Joe just two days before the attack to give the American public a perspective they had never heard aired on a major cable network.

Importantly, Sachs is not some random unknown blogger or obscure editorial writer, but a renowned Columbia University professor and career Harvard academic who has won numerous awards and serves as special economic adviser to the U.N.

During the panel Sachs appeared to shock his hosts with erudite analysis of how the seven-year long war in Syria has fundamentally been fueled by covert regime change from the West and its Gulf allies a rare if not unheard of subject for the show.

In a mere two minutes Sachs cut through the soundbites even as just like now the Trump administration was advancing completely unverified claims of an Assad chemical attack on civilians in order to prep the public for military intervention.

Sachs told the MSNBC panel:

We know they sent in the CIA to overthrow Assad. The CIA and Saudi Arabia together in covert operations tried to overthrow Assad. It was a disaster.

Eventually it brought in both ISIS as a splinter group to the jihadists that went in, it also brought in Russia.

So we have been digging deeper and deeper and deeper. What we should do now is get out, and not continue to throw missiles, not have a confrontation with Russia...

As we now have nearly the exact same situation a mere six months later with the current war of words between the US and Russia, and the potential for a "chemical provocation" in Idlib which could ignite a dangerous escalation toward World War 3, Jeffrey Sachs' words are now more urgent than ever.

Here's how to explain the cause of the Syrian war in 2 minutes...

2 minutes of truth about US intervention in Syria from Jeffrey Sachs @JeffDSachs is worth more than 98 percent of the bullshit we are hearing on TV -- worth clicking on this: pic.twitter.com/T503g2oL1d

— Mark Weisbrot (@MarkWeisbrot) April 12, 2018
In the full interview, Sachs went on to summarize:

This happened because of us… We started a war to overthrow a regime. It was covert… a major war effort, shrouded in secrecy, never debated by Congress, never explained to the American people… And this created chaos, and so just throwing more missiles in right now is not a response.

He also insisted in the full segment:

This is the CIA, this is the Pentagon, wanting to keep Iran and Russia out of Syria. But no way to do that. And so we have made a proxy war in Syria. It’s killed 500,000 people, displaced 10 million. And I’ll say – predictably so.

There was wasn't much the talking heads sitting across from the UN economist could say after that.
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-09-10/how-explain-causes-syrian-war-2-minutes

Reactions: Wyote
Not cool or smart just looking at some info that has maybe passed some people by

Putting our differences in this thread aside for a minute i saw a very good article this morning about how harvard prof jeffrey sachs told the truth about the syrian conflict for a few minutes on the mainstream news

this is a rare thing! But here it is

How To Explain The Cause Of The Syrian War In 2 Minutes

by Tyler Durden
Tue, 09/11/2018 - 23:45

The last time time President Trump launched massive strikes on Syria in April of 2018, Jeffrey Sachs went on MSNBC's Morning Joe just two days before the attack to give the American public a perspective they had never heard aired on a major cable network.

Importantly, Sachs is not some random unknown blogger or obscure editorial writer, but a renowned Columbia University professor and career Harvard academic who has won numerous awards and serves as special economic adviser to the U.N.

During the panel Sachs appeared to shock his hosts with erudite analysis of how the seven-year long war in Syria has fundamentally been fueled by covert regime change from the West and its Gulf allies a rare if not unheard of subject for the show.

In a mere two minutes Sachs cut through the soundbites even as just like now the Trump administration was advancing completely unverified claims of an Assad chemical attack on civilians in order to prep the public for military intervention.

Sachs told the MSNBC panel:

We know they sent in the CIA to overthrow Assad. The CIA and Saudi Arabia together in covert operations tried to overthrow Assad. It was a disaster.

Eventually it brought in both ISIS as a splinter group to the jihadists that went in, it also brought in Russia.

So we have been digging deeper and deeper and deeper. What we should do now is get out, and not continue to throw missiles, not have a confrontation with Russia...

As we now have nearly the exact same situation a mere six months later with the current war of words between the US and Russia, and the potential for a "chemical provocation" in Idlib which could ignite a dangerous escalation toward World War 3, Jeffrey Sachs' words are now more urgent than ever.

Here's how to explain the cause of the Syrian war in 2 minutes...

2 minutes of truth about US intervention in Syria from Jeffrey Sachs @JeffDSachs is worth more than 98 percent of the bullshit we are hearing on TV -- worth clicking on this: pic.twitter.com/T503g2oL1d

— Mark Weisbrot (@MarkWeisbrot) April 12, 2018
In the full interview, Sachs went on to summarize:

This happened because of us… We started a war to overthrow a regime. It was covert… a major war effort, shrouded in secrecy, never debated by Congress, never explained to the American people… And this created chaos, and so just throwing more missiles in right now is not a response.

He also insisted in the full segment:

This is the CIA, this is the Pentagon, wanting to keep Iran and Russia out of Syria. But no way to do that. And so we have made a proxy war in Syria. It’s killed 500,000 people, displaced 10 million. And I’ll say – predictably so.

There was wasn't much the talking heads sitting across from the UN economist could say after that.
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-09-10/how-explain-causes-syrian-war-2-minutes

I read Zero Hedge thanks.

I know you really want to push this Syrian thing...but seriously...the reasons why people are responding to you the way they are is because you A.) don’t acknowledge the legitimacy of what the other person writes, and B.) whatever they do write you begin to attack or disagree with or criticize.
Make sense?

Reactions: Wyote
going back to the nerve agent circus in the UK the russians are saying that they have found the two guys that british intelligence has said were behind the attack. The russians say they are civilians and one of them is going to speak publically soon

"We Have Found Them" Putin Says Of Skripal Suspects, "They Are Civilians"

by Tyler Durden
Wed, 09/12/2018 - 09:30

President Vladimir Putin addressed the Skripal case during comments made before an audience at the Eastern Economic Forum (EEF) in the Russian city of Vladivostok, and to the audience's great surprise, he said "we have found them".

He said during the Wednesday comments that Moscow knows exactly who the men named by UK authorities as suspects are, saying they are not some kind of notorious criminals but mere civilians. Putin at one point seemed make a direct appeal to the suspects: "I want to address them [the suspects]... [I hope] they contact the media. I hope they appear and tell everything about themselves," he said before the audience.
Hinting that the men might appear to make a public statement from Russia, Putin said, "I hope they will turn up themselves and tell about themselves," and added, "There is nothing special there, nothing criminal, I assure you. We'll see in the near future."
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018...utin-says-skripal-suspects-they-are-civilians

I read Zero Hedge thanks.

I know you really want to push this Syrian thing...but seriously...the reasons why people are responding to you the way they are is because you A.) don’t acknowledge the legitimacy of what the other person writes, and B.) whatever they do write you begin to attack or disagree with or criticize.
Make sense?

mostly i have been asking people for more clarification

if i disagree with a point they make i will debate them on it though

Reactions: Skarekrow