Moral Politics (Where are you Politically) | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Moral Politics (Where are you Politically)

I couldn't take the test seriously I kept thinking "If I put this answer it's going to say I'm this" and most of the questions didn't seem related to politics.

I couldn't take the test seriously I kept thinking "If I put this answer it's going to say I'm this" and most of the questions didn't seem related to politics.

I don't see the distinction, though... political divisions are based on belief structures (though they DO change over time and based on who is influencing them and why.) This test would be completely irrelevant back in the 1930s and 1950s, for example, back when important progressive reforms were supported by 'moderate' republicans the likes of which do not exist today. Instead, these same measures are considered the realm of extreme lefties (which is absurd.)

That

This test attempted to categorize one's political affiliations through their morals. I think it would work in many cases, considering political party definitely influences one's morals... morals are beliefs. Morals determine what one thinks should be done politically. The two are analogous, and, generally accurate, I think.
I don't see the distinction, though... political divisions are based on belief structures (though they DO change over time and based on who is influencing them and why.) This test would be completely irrelevant back in the 1930s and 1950s, for example, back when important progressive reforms were supported by 'moderate' republicans the likes of which do not exist today. Instead, these same measures are considered the realm of extreme lefties (which is absurd.)
What terms are used is not important. How they are defined is what is important.

This test attempted to categorize one's political affiliations through their morals. I think it would work in many cases, considering political party definitely influences one's morals... morals are beliefs. Morals determine what one thinks should be done politically. The two are analogous, and, generally accurate, I think.

What terms are used is not important. How they are defined is what is important.

I suppose, but I don't vote on politics based on my personal morals. I see it as a conflict of interest and try and look at what gives everyone the most freedom without infringing upon the rights of others; So questions like "Do you believe in God" have no association at all with any political affiliations I might have.

Moral Politics (Where are you Politically)

Ha ha ha.
And just when I was missing George Carlin and his list of oxymorons including military intelligence and jumbo shrimp!

If `impolitic' means unwise and `politic' means wise then what might morality have to do with the impolitical processes of so-called `politics'?

If democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for lunch how `politic', wise, or `moral' would it be for the sheep to do the `moral' and `political' thing as per the democratic processes of the body impolitic?

`Moral politics' seems something akin to dehydrated water.
By the time you've symbol grounded your terms you're left with a free floating figment of imagination with nothing much for an empiricist to qualify or quantify in the real world. No?

Last edited: