Duality: Power needs Money needs a Cause | INFJ Forum

Duality: Power needs Money needs a Cause

Rigdonb

Jul 12, 2018
MBTI
infj
So, I noticed a while back that people will take advantage of any tragedy to sell something. At the time it was america pins after 9/11 terrorist attack. It kinda struck me as messed up, but also it seemed as if most people were happy to go along with it. Everyone was Americaing out. Powerful times. I decided to start finding out what was up in the world and started trying political message boards. I started as nothing. After a short while I definitely found myself siding with liberals. So I was a liberal for a while. Then I moved to a more rural area and listened to their views and being somewhat tired of some of the weak points of liberalism, I decided to argue on the conservative side for a while. It was fun for a while but I just found I was having to stretch my beliefs to argue for that side as well. So here I am after idk 4-5 years of making my own side. I tend to fight for underdogs, because the people in power tend to go overboard.

About those tragedies. I started realizing that politics is really about selling shit to people. What better way to sell them something than to make it a serious issue. I started noticing that everything is becoming a life or death issue. Suddenly it dawned on me. That's the only way to get in power these days. You have to have something that gets people all worked up to get the money to get the power. That's why everything is all anger and fighting and disagreements these days. It was designed that way. It's all a tragedy.

To get power you need money to get money you need a cause. The best selling causes are the ones where you have an enemy to fight. That's our current political system. For the most part there are two sides. Anyone elses view is pretty well drowned out. Each side has a set of causes that are different from the others. Everyone on a side seems to think these causes are the very definition of their being. There is no way to compromise. It would be like compromising your deepest core belief.

This is all by design. Not a design that strives to make things better, but to give people power. Anyone with different ideas or moderate ideas either never get anywhere or will most likely become corrupted by the get money to get power situation. It makes people say and do dumb shit.

Now the system is nearing a breaking point and people in power are useless because they are afraid to give up their power. You can't reason with hardly anyone, because this tribal bullheaded I will double down on stupid before I ever agree with those idiots, mentality has gripped us.

Anyone else see it like this?

So, I noticed a while back that people will take advantage of any tragedy to sell something. At the time it was america pins after 9/11 terrorist attack. It kinda struck me as messed up, but also it seemed as if most people were happy to go along with it. Everyone was Americaing out. Powerful times. I decided to start finding out what was up in the world and started trying political message boards. I started as nothing. After a short while I definitely found myself siding with liberals. So I was a liberal for a while. Then I moved to a more rural area and listened to their views and being somewhat tired of some of the weak points of liberalism, I decided to argue on the conservative side for a while. It was fun for a while but I just found I was having to stretch my beliefs to argue for that side as well. So here I am after idk 4-5 years of making my own side. I tend to fight for underdogs, because the people in power tend to go overboard.

About those tragedies. I started realizing that politics is really about selling shit to people. What better way to sell them something than to make it a serious issue. I started noticing that everything is becoming a life or death issue. Suddenly it dawned on me. That's the only way to get in power these days. You have to have something that gets people all worked up to get the money to get the power. That's why everything is all anger and fighting and disagreements these days. It was designed that way. It's all a tragedy.

To get power you need money to get money you need a cause. The best selling causes are the ones where you have an enemy to fight. That's our current political system. For the most part there are two sides. Anyone elses view is pretty well drowned out. Each side has a set of causes that are different from the others. Everyone on a side seems to think these causes are the very definition of their being. There is no way to compromise. It would be like compromising your deepest core belief.

This is all by design. Not a design that strives to make things better, but to give people power. Anyone with different ideas or moderate ideas either never get anywhere or will most likely become corrupted by the get money to get power situation. It makes people say and do dumb shit.

Now the system is nearing a breaking point and people in power are useless because they are afraid to give up their power. You can't reason with hardly anyone, because this tribal bullheaded I will double down on stupid before I ever agree with those idiots, mentality has gripped us.

Anyone else see it like this?

Yep... Rule#1 Let go of all your attachments... Those leeches suck...
Rule#2 Puns are as awesome as they fun...
Rule#3 so...many ...levels...

I agree with all of that basically, except the last paragraph. It's not at any more of a point of critical mass than it's ever been, it just feels that way because of the timing of your personal knowledge gain. Humans have been using emotions to profit off of others for a very, very long time. It's a pendulum and it is very far on the side of hyperbole in the political arena currently, but it's already starting to swing back the other way.

I agree with all of that basically, except the last paragraph. It's not at any more of a point of critical mass than it's ever been, it just feels that way because of the timing of your personal knowledge gain. Humans have been using emotions to profit off of others for a very, very long time. It's a pendulum and it is very far on the side of hyperbole in the political arena currently, but it's already starting to swing back the other way.

What makes you think it's starting to swing the other way?

This thing runs in cycles that have likely been going on since the beginning of time... Song never changes only the beat to which it is sung...

What makes you think it's starting to swing the other way?

Just my intuition really. Reports aren't as panicked sounding, some positive things have been happening. People I interact with are less strained. There are other specifics I won't get into. I don't think it will really go the other way for a few more years though. I'm not talking about election cycles either, it'll happen regardless of the outcome of those.

I think what your experiencing is the calm before the storm... Or perhaps that calm in the eye of the hurricane?

Nah

Cool.

I'm not certain of the outcome. I just don't like the moves I see happening regarding other countries. Ones that might not like the current situation could try to take advantage of weakness. Internally it's not pretty either. It'll be something for sure. I'm just worried about having AC...I live in texas :p

I agree Pin. I don't discount that politics are necessary and I know there are real concerns. I don't mean to say that it's all bullshit in other words. I know there are valid concerns, but I'm worried that it's become so divided and so combative that we can't address individual issues and half the country feels affronted by the others concerns.

I know this s mostly human nature at work, it's just that we have made so much progress civilization wise, but also in destructive capability.

My other view is that the universe is a meat grinder and without strife there wouldn't be anything.

It's nice getting answers that aren't reactionary and predetermined.