Merkabah | Page 82 | INFJ Forum
I’m going to post this whole story a little later on today.
Thanks for posting it!
It’s really interesting how they are finding so many beneficial things from something we have always been taught is dangerous and deadly and will make you go insane.
The reality is almost the opposite…as if we’ve been lied to.
I dont think its about being lied to. I think its people calling something by what they believe it to be. So for instance you see someone do a hallucinogen and they act differently "not what is perceived as normal" and conclude that because humans did nit evolve with the need for this substance, it has no benefit. Its not like mushrooms were made for us to take so that we can have a mind opening experience. The fact that there may be some benefit is purely coincidence.
As with all drugs someone would have to determine it has a better chance of helping by taking than not taking it. I dont suspect that would be true of everyone. For those people who see this world without questioning it, opening thier mind to see past the illusions presented to everyone may nit be a good thing for them.

I dont think its about being lied to. I think its people calling something by what they believe it to be. So for instance you see someone do a hallucinogen and they act differently "not what is perceived as normal" and conclude that because humans did nit evolve with the need for this substance, it has no benefit. Its not like mushrooms were made for us to take so that we can have a mind opening experience. The fact that there may be some benefit is purely coincidence.
As with all drugs someone would have to determine it has a better chance of helping by taking than not taking it. I dont suspect that would be true of everyone. For those people who see this world without questioning it, opening thier mind to see past the illusions presented to everyone may nit be a good thing for them.

Well sure, ultimately scientists believe that these plants and mushrooms developed these as toxins for smaller mammals...where it would usually kill or extremely confuse a smaller animal, for someone our size we don’t get the same toxic effect.
Still, they have been showing the psychoactive substances can have beneficial effects for 50 years or so now…I guess it’s all subjective.

for you Skarekrow.

[video=youtube;oBmGPuo3L_E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBmGPuo3L_E[/video]

Reactions: Skarekrow

Life After Life │ Death Experiences │ Full Documentary │

[video=youtube;DRb7GunZeCI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=DRb7GunZeCI[/video]​

Question: What constitutes mental “toughness”? Does it exist?
Or is it just someone who isn’t smart enough to quit while they are ahead or see the road for the trees?
Is it a prize worth winning when you are the judge?

Or is it just someone who isn’t smart enough to quit while they are ahead or see the road for the trees?

I admit I have no idea. The first thing that pops into my head though is being less susceptible to brain washing. Being less suggestible over all. Thinking for yourself regardless of pressure not to.

I admit I have no idea. The first thing that pops into my head though is being less susceptible to brain washing. Being less suggestible over all. Thinking for yourself regardless of pressure not to.
Yeah…you know, you think of a Navy SEAL and think…that guy is physically and mentally tough. But I also know that I could never reach that potential, my body has limited what is possible, so it would be stupid and a waste….possibly even detrimental to my overall health even if I pushed myself as hard as I could.
So would one only be mentally tough when we push ourselves outside of that comfort zone?
Once again…you know your limitations….you can either reach your goal or you are faced with disappointment…but either way doesn’t necessitate that you actually try.

It's putting yourself in charge of what effects you for good or ill.

It's putting yourself in charge of what effects you for good or ill.
Don’t we passively do that constantly anyhow?
Or do you mean against all odds?
Making life your bitch?

An interesting theory...

EVIDENCE OF THE SOURCE FIELD ~ LIFE EMERGING FROM NON-LIVING MATTER

Not too long ago it was discovered that out in space, the space-dust that was floating around was rich with organic material and DNA, and it was everywhere.
Bacteria is literally in abundance in space, which alludes to the mysterious source field, which takes nonliving materials and spirals them into organic life.

The subject of todays video.

This was a theory that has been around for a while, and this theory was scoffed at for a long time until Dr. James Strick published his experiment in his book: Sparks of Life.

The first image from a distant of the biological life forms that emerged in a jar devoid of living substances altogether.

He demonstrated spontaneous generation of life from nonliving material.
In his book he discusses numerous experiments where living materials would spontaneously manifest inside a hermetically sealed container containing nothing but purified water and beach sand.

The sand and water were sampled from the ocean, but before the experiment would take place they would heat both materials together to white-hot luminescence to kill any and all bacteria that was inside the container previously.

Now, this procedure is the same practice that doctors and scientists use to sterilize their tools and materials before performing surgery or other science experiments.
It is a procedure that completely sterilizes the material, and the tube was vacuum sealed, so there was absolutely zero chance that any organic material could have entered into the glass.

This was published in a paper with a bit of a long title, called Ultrastructural and Light Microscopy analysis of SAPA BIONS formation and growth in Vitro.
James Strick wrote about this in Sparks of Life, and this paper was originally published by Dr Ignacio Ochoa Pacheco.

SAPA means sand packet, and BIONS means life forms that emerge as light spontaneously in a given medium.
After 5 days of the experiment, they look at the skin on the top of the water, skimming the top and found all kinds of little critters that were growing in this supposed non-living environment.

Here’s the first picture, see this little guy? He’s a brain looking thing with two lobes, identical on each side.

This second one is even more exciting, he looks like a leaf or a seed that comes from a sea-vegetable looking thing.

Here is a closeup of the same seed leaf thing, it is clear that it has a complex cellular organization inside the cell, it is very obviously a biological organism.

Yet again is another complex organism that actually generated its own spines around itself as a defense mechanism so that nothing can come along and eat it… nothing its own size anyways.

microguy4.png

And here, perhaps most exciting of all - here we have another unique manifestation, this little guy seems to have a mouth! I wonder if he’s also got the other end…?

Where did this DNA and (subsequently) this biological life come from?
How did he emerge from the test tube?

This is very simple — the DNA that is growing inside the test tubes, likely the first DNA that ever existed, the DNA that grows in space, the DNA that grew inside a volcano, all emerged in environments where there were not supposed to be any living organisms whatsoever.

Thing about how this works in relationship to molecules…
Imagine that there are just straight-up molecules scattered around, and that the ever-permeating torsion field all around them sort of “grabs” the molecules and spins them into patterns that the torsion field already has.

Much like a magnet that pics up metal chips all around it, twisting them into a particular pattern.
If we can observe the source field or as quantum physics calls it —the unified field, as a grand overarching field that encompasses around and through everyone and everything, these experiments begin to make sense.

We know that the basic spiral of DNA has all of the basic aspects of fibonacci or golden mean.
That’s everywhere in nature, in the shapes of Nautilus shells, all plants and even our own bodies.

This suggests that the Phi Ratio is the fundamental characteristic of the wave, and that DNA is emerging from the Phi-Field of creation that is flowing through all of space and time.

It all appeared from the source field, which takes the material around itself — the raw materials in beach sand and basic h20 structure of water, and intelligently spirals life into being from this.

This idea is very much In support of the work of Francis Crick — who theorized that DNA did not evolve by random chance.

[video=youtube;8g4d-rnhuSg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8g4d-rnhuSg[/video]
[video=youtube;BuxFXHircaI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BuxFXHircaI[/video]

This is a fantastic short documentary.

[video=youtube_share;pIJHJzDQcRM]http://youtu.be/pIJHJzDQcRM[/video]

Don’t we passively do that constantly anyhow?
Or do you mean against all odds?
Making life your bitch?

No actually, most people do the opposite don't they? Most people react to things as if they have no control over their mind and they let life make them life's bitch.

I posted a story about this way back near the beginning of this thread…this one has some additional info.
Enjoy!

Your Ancestors Didn’t Sleep Like You – Are We Doing It Wrong?
sleep.jpeg

Evidence continues to emerge, both scientific and historical, suggesting that the way in which the majority of us currently sleep may not actually be good for us.

In 2001, historian Roger Ekirch of Virginia Tech published a paper that included over 15 years of research.
It revealed an overwhelming amount of historical evidence that humans used to in fact sleep in two different chunks. (1)

In 2005, he published a book titled “At Day’s Close: Night in Times Past,” that included more than 500 references to a disjointed sleeping pattern.
It included diaries, medical books, literature and more taken from various sources which include Homer’s Odyssey all the way to modern tribes in Nigeria and more.

“It’s not just the number of references – it is the way they refer to it, as if it was common knowledge.” –
Ekrich (source)

What Was Found In The Research

Ekirch’s research found that we didn’t always sleep for an average of 8 hours straight.
Instead we would sleep in two shorter periods throughout the night.

All sleep would occur within a 12 hour time frame that started with 3 or 4 hours of sleep, followed by being awake for 3 hours or so and than sleeping again until the morning.
There was also some research done in the early 1990′s by psychiatrist Thomas Wehr.

He conducted an experiment where 14 people were put into complete darkness for 14 hours a day for an entire month.
By the fourth week the participants were able to settle into a very distinct sleeping pattern.

The pattern was the same as Ekirch suggested of how we were meant to sleep; the subjects slept for approximately 4 hours, woke for another few and then went back to sleep until morning. (2)

“Ekirch found that references to the first and second sleep started to disappear during the late 17th Century.
This started among the urban upper classes in northern Europe and over the course of the next 200 years filtered down to the rest of Western society.
By the 1920′s the idea of a first and second sleep had receded entirely from our social consciousness.”
(source)

Possible Reasons As To Why It Was Like This

One reason could be that this type of segmented sleep is what really comes natural to the human body, at least that’s what Wehr’s experiment suggests, but there are other theories.

Historian Craig Koslofsky suggests:

“Associations with night before the 17th Century were not good.
The night was a place populated by people of disrepute – criminals, prostitutes and drunks.
Even the wealthy, who could afford candlelight, had better things to spend their money on.
There was no prestige or social value associated with staying up all night.”
(source)

Things changed, however, in 1667 when Paris became the first city in the world to light its streets, and eventually throughout Europe staying up at night became the social norm, and then the industrial revolution happened:

“People were becoming increasingly time-conscious and sensitive to efficiency, certainly before the 19th Century, but the industrial revolution intensified that attitude by leaps and bounds.”
(source)

Eventually, we got to the point where parents were forcing their children to sleep at a certain time, and forced them out of the segmented sleeping pattern that was more dominant.

Many Sleeping Problems May Have Roots In The Human Body’s Natural Preference For Segmented Sleep

Ekirch believes that many modern day sleeping problems have roots in the human body’s natural preference for segmented sleep.
He believes that our historical sleeping patterns could be the reason why many people suffer from a condition called “sleep maintenance insomnia,” where individuals wake in the middle of the night and have trouble getting back to sleep.

This type of condition first appeared at the end of the 19th century, approximately the same time segmented sleep began to die off.

For most of evolution we slept a certain way.
Waking up during the night is part of normal human physiology
The idea that we must sleep in a consolidated block could be damaging, he says, if it makes people who wake up at night anxious, as this anxiety can itself prohibit sleep and is likely to seep into waking life too.” - Psychologist Greg Jacobs (source)

According to Russell Foster, a professor of circadian [body clock] neuroscience at Oxford:

Many people wake up at night and panic. I tell them that what they are experiencing is a throwback to the bi-modal sleep pattern.
But the majority of doctors still fail to acknowledge that a consolidated eight-hour sleep may be unnatural.
Over 30% of the medical problems that doctors are faced with stem directly or indirectly from sleep.
But sleep has been ignored in medical training and there are very few centers where sleep is studied
.” (source)

As far as what people did during this in between time of wakefulness, Ekirch’s research suggests that they primarily used the time to meditate on their dreams, read, pray or partake in spiritual practices.

Sources
:
(1)http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-16964783
(2)http://www.nytimes.com/1995/03/14/science/modern-life-suppresses-an-ancient-body-rhythm.html?scp=6&sq=dr%20thomas%20wehr&st=cse&pagewanted=all
http://slumberwise.com/science/your-ancestors-didnt-sleep-like-you/

Not the only thing we're supposedly doing wrong. It seems we're also defecating and breathing incorrectly.

Last edited:
An interesting theory...

EVIDENCE OF THE SOURCE FIELD ~ LIFE EMERGING FROM NON-LIVING MATTER

Not too long ago it was discovered that out in space, the space-dust that was floating around was rich with organic material and DNA, and it was everywhere.
Bacteria is literally in abundance in space, which alludes to the mysterious source field, which takes nonliving materials and spirals them into organic life.

The subject of todays video.

This was a theory that has been around for a while, and this theory was scoffed at for a long time until Dr. James Strick published his experiment in his book: Sparks of Life.

The first image from a distant of the biological life forms that emerged in a jar devoid of living substances altogether.

He demonstrated spontaneous generation of life from nonliving material.
In his book he discusses numerous experiments where living materials would spontaneously manifest inside a hermetically sealed container containing nothing but purified water and beach sand.

The sand and water were sampled from the ocean, but before the experiment would take place they would heat both materials together to white-hot luminescence to kill any and all bacteria that was inside the container previously.

Now, this procedure is the same practice that doctors and scientists use to sterilize their tools and materials before performing surgery or other science experiments.
It is a procedure that completely sterilizes the material, and the tube was vacuum sealed, so there was absolutely zero chance that any organic material could have entered into the glass.

This was published in a paper with a bit of a long title, called Ultrastructural and Light Microscopy analysis of SAPA BIONS formation and growth in Vitro.
James Strick wrote about this in Sparks of Life, and this paper was originally published by Dr Ignacio Ochoa Pacheco.

SAPA means sand packet, and BIONS means life forms that emerge as light spontaneously in a given medium.
After 5 days of the experiment, they look at the skin on the top of the water, skimming the top and found all kinds of little critters that were growing in this supposed non-living environment.

Here’s the first picture, see this little guy? He’s a brain looking thing with two lobes, identical on each side.

This second one is even more exciting, he looks like a leaf or a seed that comes from a sea-vegetable looking thing.

Here is a closeup of the same seed leaf thing, it is clear that it has a complex cellular organization inside the cell, it is very obviously a biological organism.

Yet again is another complex organism that actually generated its own spines around itself as a defense mechanism so that nothing can come along and eat it… nothing its own size anyways.

microguy4.png

And here, perhaps most exciting of all - here we have another unique manifestation, this little guy seems to have a mouth! I wonder if he’s also got the other end…?

Where did this DNA and (subsequently) this biological life come from?
How did he emerge from the test tube?

This is very simple – the DNA that is growing inside the test tubes, likely the first DNA that ever existed, the DNA that grows in space, the DNA that grew inside a volcano, all emerged in environments where there were not supposed to be any living organisms whatsoever.

Thing about how this works in relationship to molecules…
Imagine that there are just straight-up molecules scattered around, and that the ever-permeating torsion field all around them sort of “grabs” the molecules and spins them into patterns that the torsion field already has.

Much like a magnet that pics up metal chips all around it, twisting them into a particular pattern.
If we can observe the source field or as quantum physics calls it –the unified field, as a grand overarching field that encompasses around and through everyone and everything, these experiments begin to make sense.

We know that the basic spiral of DNA has all of the basic aspects of fibonacci or golden mean.
That’s everywhere in nature, in the shapes of Nautilus shells, all plants and even our own bodies.

This suggests that the Phi Ratio is the fundamental characteristic of the wave, and that DNA is emerging from the Phi-Field of creation that is flowing through all of space and time.

It all appeared from the source field, which takes the material around itself – the raw materials in beach sand and basic h20 structure of water, and intelligently spirals life into being from this.

This idea is very much In support of the work of Francis Crick – who theorized that DNA did not evolve by random chance.

I remember when I first heard that clouds were basically alive. I was so amazed but then I thought, "it just makes sense that they are doesnt it."
I have some reservation about this but think it absolutely deserves more study.

Luck. I don't think mental toughness has to do with any active attempt to be strong, but with a genetic predisposition to survival. Some people are simply able to take more in life and still keep going.

I say this from my own experience and talking to others I would consider to be mentally strong.

I remember when I first heard that clouds were basically alive. I was so amazed but then I thought, "it just makes sense that they are doesnt it."
I have some reservation about this but think it absolutely deserves more study.
Yeah, I kind of wondered myself…that he used beach sand and ocean water….even upon cooking it the the “white hot” point that they supposedly did…wouldn’t there still be remnants from tiny sea creatures that didn’t burn up?
I’m sure that possibility was looked into first…that is why I didn’t bring it up….one would assume it was accounted for.
If this is indeed true that life forms from the “source” or if it even creates patterns and forms without life but yet the structures of it are there….the building blocks then they would really be on to something.

Not the only thing we're supposedly doing wrong. It seems we're also defecating and breathing incorrectly.
Thanks for the links…lol.
Luck. I don't think mental toughness has to do with any active attempt to be strong, but with a genetic predisposition to survival. Some people are simply able to take more in life and still keep going.

I say this from my own experience and talking to others I would consider to be mentally strong.
It is very subjective of course, but I think you are on to something with there being a genetic factor. I believe like many others that homosexuality is not a choice but is also a genetic factor…and that would make some sense in how masculine or effeminate you are…but I have also known some women tough as nails, so that doesn’t necessarily preclude sexuality.
But yes…there is a predisposition to "fight or flight” but that is also governed by our life experiences in the past.

Wouldn’t killing yourself be extremely mentally difficult?

Wouldn’t killing yourself be extremely mentally difficult?

There are a myriad of reasons people commit suicide. For instance take the woman with Cotard Delusion, if she had killed herself it wouldn't be because she wasn't strong enough to live, but because she couldn't see any difference between life and death. Apathy and depression are extremely hard to fight against, it's like bashing your head against a wall of blubber. There's no give and after a while death seems like the only real option.

I came across an account of a couple that murdered their children and then committed suicide. They left behind a note which explained, very rationally and calmly, why they did this. They were financially ruined and headed to prison due to outstanding debts. Their children would likely face life on the street (this was in the 19th century where there were few options for orphaned children) and either succumb to illness or worse. So they made the most logical choice they could.

I once believed that people who commit suicide are weak and selfish, but I've come to realize that it's rarely so simple.

Edit:

Just realized I didn't answer your question, but rambled on. Suicide would be extremely difficult if you like being alive and have only minor psychological problems. Otherwise, I don't believe it's about strength or weakness.