Merkabah | Page 479 | INFJ Forum
This just seems like another example of asceticism - spiritual and mental development being the goal. There are Christian common sense attitudes to this idea, but the Buddha’s Middle Way seems to be the succinct best response. Fasting is good - in moderation - and so is its opposite!
Yes...only it's new and hip with those young whippersnappers...lol.
I agree with what you wrote for sure.
Also was just reading about intermittent fasting leading to longer life outcomes.
My body does this naturally when it's in a state of excess inflammation from the arthritis - which has also been shown to reduce said inflammation.
During those times, I just don't feel like eating...which may actually be good, come to find out. ;)
Much love!

"We are Here to Awaken from Our Illusion of Separateness."
~ Thich Nhat Hanh

giphy.gif

80469942_10220321093835260_5920065891537518592_n.jpg

81536095_3086617378049890_3087172653564297216_n.jpg

80805040_2556099667958688_1342399849500246016_o.jpg

Everyone have a great week and a happy new year!
:<3white:

A number of notable figures from psychology’s past held an interest in parapsychology or psi (the study of mental phenomena that defy current scientific understanding), including William James, Alexander Luria, Binet, Freud, and Fechner.

But today the field is cordoned off; and when it encroaches into mainstream publications, as with the “Feeling the Future” experiments conducted by Daryl Bem in 2012, furore typically follows.

To sceptics, the fact that these experiments produced positive results is ipso facto proof that psychology’s methods must be broken.

However, it’s only logical to take this view if you have already ruled out the existence of psychic phenomena and, at least among the US public, the majority haven’t.

Even in the chronically suspicious British culture, one quarter of people have consulted a psychic.
I too am personally quite open to the existence of such phenomena, so I’ve been eager for an accessible overview of the field of parapsychology as it currently stands.

This is what parapsychology researcher Etzel Cardeña, Director of the Centre for Research on Consciousness and Anomalous Psychology at Lund University, attempts to provide in his new review in American Psychologist.

One of the main areas that Cardeña focuses on is “anomalous cognition”, which involves coming to know something without using the normal senses. Cardeña cites a pair of meta-analyses combining previous data that involved a forced-choice procedure popular in the middle of the last century (imagine a set up similar to Peter Venkman’s experiment in Ghostbusters where he asked participants to guess which of a series of symbols was printed on a concealed card).

The meta-analyses indicate consistently small but significant effects (around .02) – that is, participants were able to detect the correct answer better than if they had been guessing.

Related, but new to me, are so-called “hidden reward” experiments.
In one example, participants choose from an array of kanji characters (Japanese writing using Chinese letters) the one they prefer aesthetically, unaware that choosing a certain character will produce benefits for their partner in another room.

Cardeña cites a review that suggestst participants tend towards the characters that help out their partner.

These forced-choice approaches are still used, but the psi research community has turned more enthusiasm towards a free-response technique called the “Ganzfeld procedure”.

Blindfolded participants in a soundproofed room say what comes into their mind in an attempt to describe a film clip that they have not seen (they are either shown it later, or it may be playing simultaneously in another location).

If judges can use these descriptions to pick between this clip and other distractor clips, this is used as evidence that the participant detected information about the clip without using their physical senses.

Meta-analyses of the field suggest a statistically significant effect of about .14 to .15.
Some critics have suggested that the effect size goes down when lower quality studies are excluded, but others contend that the opposite is true, with the best studies showing the strongest evidence.

Either way, the effects are strikingly larger for selected participants – those who were familiar with the studies or who were chosen because they had traits previously associated with stronger psi effects, such self-efficacy, extraversion and openness-to-experience.

A similar pattern is found in remote viewing, an analogous procedure where a sender attempts to provide information about where they are to a participant located elsewhere.

Similar to Bem’s controversial “Feeling the Future” experiments, Cardeña also reviews findings from “presentiment studies”, where effects are looked for prior to an event, such as skin conductance changes before seeing emotionally-charged images.

Here there is a significant effect size across 26 data sets, with the higher quality studies having larger effects than the lower quality ones.

Another field of psi research considers psychokinesis, which is mental action altering physical objects without the “normal” mechanism of thought affecting the body first.

This is typically investigated using subtle changes, such as influencing the fall of a dice or perturbing the action of a random number generator.
While meta-analyses suggest significant effects, these are generally flimsier than those in the area of anomalous cognition: smaller and less robust – for example, some show clusters of significant findings near p=.05, which researchers now use as a marker of questionable research practices.

The research into non-contact healing effects also suffers from these criticisms and is additionally hard to shield from potential placebo influences.

Cardeña concludes that “overall the meta-analyses have been supportive of the psi hypothesis” (i.e. indicating that anomalous effects are real), with the strongest findings for free-response experiments on anomalous cognition like the Ganzfeld work, and weaker for forced-choice designs and work in the psychokinesis sub-field.

On this basis, it is arguable that, as much as any other field of psychology, there is at least something meriting investigation.

But psi isn’t any other field of psychology.
Because of its claims, it is understandably held to high standards and many dismiss the findings as being due to poor quality methods.

In fact this scrutiny has forced psi research to be ahead of the game on many research practices.
It pioneered randomisation with masking (concealing group allocation from participants and researchers, to reduce bias); produced some of the earliest meta-analytical work; and has been preregistering studies for over forty years.

Cardeña also argues that, rare for psychology, this is a field in which non-replications are incentivized.

However, even if there is solid supporting evidence, sceptics allege the endeavour is fundamentally ascientific because there are no mechanisms or models to understand the putative effects.

To address this criticism, Cardeña lays out the model most psi researchers ground their work in, which centres on three concepts well-established in physics. The first is “non-locality” – while science tends to focus on demonstrating direct cause and effect – one billiard ball striking another – quantum mechanics (QM) shows evidence of “spooky” action at a distance, raising the possibility that all things are in some way fundamentally entangled.

The second idea is that objects are in themselves not fully determined, but remain as probability functions until they are measured by a sentient observer.

The third idea relates to the post-Einsteinian notion that events in the future of a slow-moving individual may have already happened to a faster moving one. Some theories account for such issues by positing that all times co-exist simultaneously.

Cardeña gives the example that measuring the spin of a particle appears “to retroactively determine the spin of a delayed photon entangled with it.”

These three ideas add up to an interpretation in which objective matter and subjective perspective are not firmly separate, but interlace, where reality may be (mostly) experienced in a sequential temporal fashion but is in some sense simultaneous or eternal.

These ideas are absent from certain influential modern world views such as Marxism and positivism, and they understandably clash with the causal metaphors that most people – especially the scientifically minded – use to organise their experience.

But it’s worth remembering that they are preeminent historically in almost every philosophical and folk tradition across the world, including tallying with idealism, in which mind is primary to the material (idealism can also accommodate counterintuitive takes on time).

But yet another criticism is that if psi effects are real, why aren’t we all Professor Xs with amazing telepathy and why are the effects so small?
Well, the fact that something exists doesn’t mean it needs to operate like in the movies.

It makes sense for our fragile bodies to be organised to mainly respond to sensory and bodily stimuli – hearing or seeing something new or threatening should always win in the battle for attention, potentially masking psi effects most of the time.

The small effects found in studies may also reflect the fact that the stakes are especially low – far lower than the situations in which people spontaneously report such experiences, such as around the sudden sickness or death of a loved one.

The effect sizes also reflect the average of all people, and the studies seem to show that subsets of individuals are more receptive to psi experiences, producing much higher effects when they alone are tested.

Cardeña also points out that some of the psi meta-analysis effect sizes approach those found in social psychology research, and are larger than for some evidence-based practices such as using aspirin for heart conditions.

Cardeña concludes that psi has vertical and horizontal support: “vertical” meaning that different protocols have provided consistent effects over years or decades of investigation, even as protocols have become more rigorous; and “horizontal” meaning a pattern of results across different areas (e.g. similar profiles of people who perform better at tasks).

According to researcher Dean Radin, findings from parapsychology suggest “that there is some way that humans are connected with the rest of reality in non-local ways.”

Should psychology and funding bodies be paying more attention?

The experimental evidence for parapsychological phenomena: A review

In Volume 73, Volume 4 (May-June 2018) of American Psychologist published on 24 May 2018, Dr. Etzel Cardeña, the Director of the Centre for Research on Consciousness and Anomalous Psychology at Lund University, published a single author review entitled “The experimental evidence for parapsychological phenomena: A review.” Cardeña’s review, which is available as a PDF for $11.95, has the following abstract republished here in full:

“This article presents a comprehensive integration of current experimental evidence and theories about so-called parapsychological (psi) phenomena. Throughout history, people have reported events that seem to violate the common sense view of space and time.

Some psychologists have been at the forefront of investigating these phenomena with sophisticated research protocols and theory, while others have devoted much of their careers to criticizing the field.

Both stances can be explained by psychologists’ expertise on relevant processes such as perception, memory, belief, and conscious and nonconscious processes.

This article clarifies the domain of psi, summarizes recent theories from physics and psychology that present psi phenomena as at least plausible, and then provides an overview of recent/updated meta-analyses.

The evidence provides cumulative support for the reality of psi, which cannot be readily explained away by the quality of the studies, fraud, selective reporting, experimental or analytical incompetence, or other frequent criticisms.

The evidence for psi is comparable to that for established phenomena in psychology and other disciplines, although there is no consensual understanding of them.

The article concludes with recommendations for further progress in the field including the use of project and data repositories, conducting multidisciplinary studies with enough power, developing further nonconscious measures of psi and falsifiable theories, analyzing the characteristics of successful sessions and participants, improving the ecological validity of studies, testing how to increase effect sizes, recruiting more researchers at least open to the possibility of psi, and situating psi phenomena within larger domains such as the study of consciousness.”

The paper is certainly worth reading if you are scientifically minded.
The article PDF can be purchased from the APA by clicking here.

A thoroughly enjoyable couple of videos!

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Unreality_of_Time

McTaggart on Time (Part 1/2)

McTaggart argued that time is not real. In so doing, he sparked a series of debates in the metaphysics of time, which continue to this day. This video (part 1 of 2) discusses the A-theory and the B-theory, two competing analyses of time.

McTaggart on Time (Part 2/2)

McTaggart's complete argument against the reality of time, plus a personal update.

Happy New Year...this about sums up my night hahaha.
I watched "Once Upon A Time In Hollywood" and thoroughly enjoyed it!

81182417_1327000410816914_9196436153752879104_o.jpg

This is a very excellent couple of videos about what seeing in 4D might look like to us and how we can visualize that now with a bit of mental gymnastics.
I have to mention that what he describes of being able to see all sides of a thing at once as sort of an overview is incredibly similar to how my perspective was when I feel that I was out of body...at the very least, I was able to get into an altered mental state where my perspective was unhinged from our normal vision and POV.
Which then begs the question of was I seeing from the POV or just creating it in my brain...and if it was being created in my brain - how would that be any less real than actuality when we already are creating a representation and interpretation of everything?
Enjoy!

A Journey into the 4th Dimension - Perspective [Part 1]

Visualizing 4D Geometry - A Journey Into the 4th Dimension [Part 2]

A free PDF for anyone interested in the occult practices that influenced the career and life of David Bowie.
Enjoy!

“ONE MAGICAL MOVEMENT FROM KETHER TO MALKUTH”:
OCCULTISM IN THE WORK OF DAVID BOWIE

main_900.jpg

By Ethan Doyle White

Abstract
One of the twentieth century’s best-known popular musicians, David Bowie (1947–2016) drew upon a diverse range of influences in crafting his lyrics.
Among these was occultism.

As with many members of his generation, Bowie pursued a ‘pick and mix’ individualist approach to what he called ‘spirituality,’ rejecting institutionalised Christianity while taking an interest in a broad variety of culturally alternative belief systems.

Bowie introduced occultist elements into his work in the early 1970s, adding references to Aleister Crowley and the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn in songs like “Quicksand” and possibly also “After All.”

Rather than reflecting a committed adherence or practice of these occultist currents, such references probably represented attempts to imitate other popular musicians like The Beatles and Led Zeppelin.

Bowie’s interest in occultism resurfaced in a more concentrated fashion when living in the United States in 1974–75.
Suffering from severe paranoia, he came to believe that malevolent supernatural forces were acting against him and turned to occultist literature, particularly the work of Arthur Edward Waite and Dion Fortune, for protective purposes.

He also developed an interest in Qabalah, demonstrating this in the lyrics to “Station to Station”.
After 1976, he vocally distanced himself from occultism, but his work continues to offer an important case study for the influence of occultism in the history of popular music.

(Always has been one of my favorite songs of his)

Fantastic!

Ex Defense Intelligence Agency Director
Shares What He’s Learned About ‘Psychic’ Dreaming

71235180_l.jpg

The most astonishing fact about studies within the realm of parapsychology (Psi) is that they are often shunned by the mainstream media and this comes despite the fact that they have extremely high amounts of credibility within the realms of academia.

Parapsychology deals with phenomena like pre-cognition, remote viewing, telepathy, mind matter interaction, and more that fall under the label of extra sensory perception (ESP), and the truth is, there is no reason why these topics should not be studied openly within the mainstream.

Why is it that they are ridiculed in that realm, but have been studied at the highest levels of government for decades with high amounts of success and credibility?

The US/Stanford University STARGATE project is one of many examples that confirm parapsychology’s legitimacy.

These programs usually run and are funded by the black budget.

Find out where
trillions of our tax dollars are going here.

Dr. Jessica Utts, the Chair of the Department of Statistics at the University of California, Irvine makes a great point on the show Talking Points, further emphasizes my point.

“What convinced me was just the evidence, the accumulating evidence as I worked in this field and I got to see more and more of the evidence. I visited the laboratories, even beyond where I was working to see what they were doing and I could see that they had really tight controls… and so I got convinced by the good science that I saw being done. And in fact I will say as a statistician I’ve consulted in a lot of different areas of science; the methodology and the controls on these experiments are much tighter than any other area of of science where I’ve worked.” (source)

Based on all of my research into the field of parapsychology, the information seems to be shunned away from in mainstream academia simply because it has an association with superstition, spirituality, metaphysics and ‘magic’.

This alone, no matter how strong the evidence and how significant the results when studied in a scientific setting, instantly have closed-minded ‘non-believers’ yell out pseudoscience.

There is instant condemnation without investigation and sometimes, “protecting against this possibility sometimes seems more important than encouraging scientific exploration or protecting academic freedom. But this may be changing.” Said Cassandra Vieten, PhD and President/CEO at the Institute of Noetic Sciences (source).

One realm within the topic of parapsychology is the study of our dreams and there is no better person to learn about dreams from than than Dale E. Graff.
Graff is an MS in Physics and a life long investigator of Psi phenomena specializing in a variety of extrasensory perception (ESP) topics including remote viewing and precognitive dreaming. He has a scientific background in the aerospace industries and in technical intelligence assignments for the Department of Defense.

He was also a director of the STARGATE program mentioned above from 199o to 1993.

He was a member of several intelligence community working groups for advanced physics, electro-optics, stealth and other technologies.
As Chief of an Advanced Technology group at the Foreign Technology Division (FTD), Wright Patterson Air Force (WPAFB), Dayton, OH, he became the contract manager for remote viewing research at the Stanford Research Institute (SRI) in 1976.

He transferred to the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) in 1980 and became Director of the Advanced Concepts Office. (source)

In the lecture below, he answers the following questions: What is Psi dreaming?
How can individuals experience Psi dreams?

How can Psi dreaming be researched and evaluated scientifically?
What can we do with Psi dreaming?

How can Psi dreaming be understood relative to other forms of Psi, such as remote viewing and some types of intuition?

He provides information about how Psi dreaming is accomplished, and goes into the evidence and investigations that have shown evidence for the reality of Psi dreaming.

He talks about how Psi dreaming may occur and provides exercises to assist in dream recall, among other things.

The Takeaway
A great quote that’s often attributed to Nikola Tesla reads as follows, “The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”

This is true I believe, just take a look at quantum physics for example, it really opened up the collective mind about non-physical factors of reality and how it may influence material physical reality.

It also demonstrated that matter itself, which makes up all of physical reality, is not really physical at all, that it’s mostly comprised of energy.
Just look at the atom, the smallest observable piece of matter, it’s what everything else is made up of.

An atom is almost all empty space, more than 99 percent of it to be exact.
The kicker?

That empty space is not useless, and from what we know now, “empty space” is really not “empty” at all.
This is why I’ve always stressed the importance in many of my previous articles of this quote from theoretical physicist John Wheeler:

No point is more central than this, that space is not empty, it is the seat of the most violent physics.”

Another great quote from Tesla:

“All perceptible matter comes from a primary substance, or tenuity beyond conception, filling all space, the akasha, or luminiferous ether, which is acted upon by the life-giving Prana or creative force, calling into existence, in never-ending cycles all things and phenomena.”
– Nikola Tesla, Man’s Greatest Achievement, 1907

I go into a deeper discussion regarding non-physical reality within this article if you’d like to learn more: Scientists Call Out “Dark Matter” – Have We Been Wrong About It All Along?

The point is, non-physical reality, and the metaphysical world is not limited to philosophy, but it’s been subjected to rigorous investigation and science.
The collective mind seems to be opening up quite rapidly, but just as we look back in the past to some concepts now accepted as truth that were once considered blasphemy, it’s important to remember that this type of resistance still exists today.

Reactions: G4RiiM and John K

69436472_2500581300004154_2322234816323387392_n.jpg

69540679_2500581330004151_3986509328986144768_n.jpg

69501752_2500581523337465_8323456116373585920_n.jpg

69736971_2500581366670814_9145510687869501440_n.jpg

68561247_2465700090158942_3537947046285672448_n.jpg

69720064_2495370763858541_7276308575251595264_n.jpg

81029536_1034771793553486_8880834745592709120_n.jpg

81295454_2669406453138847_1018578810238402560_o.jpg

81539124_1034640646899934_6404502167750705152_n.jpg

81749293_10156543790235759_5953032097701560320_o.jpg

81756975_10220420130551906_2601949814220390400_o.jpg

81416975_10218801539322615_1043561982164205568_o.jpg

48957958_2241575729206614_9007395753789751296_o.jpg

80746411_2490485311191303_921070975171166208_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: John K and Sandie33

In a recent discussion about the U.S. Military Remote Viewing Handbook that is now available for public access, I brought up that what is today called Remote Viewing is a practice that I was introduced to early in my studies [1] under the name of “Mental Travel”, a specific practice within the area of Clairvoyance.

The term Remote Viewing was coined by physicists Harold E. Puthoff and Russell Targ at SRI International in 1972 to label a process whereby a person allows their awareness to expand sufficiently to be able to focus on a remote location and/or event, viewing it as if they were physically there.

The basic perception of how this is possible is that the consciousness of every individual has the ability to access information through means beyond the five physical senses. These additional “non-physical” or “extra-sensory” senses provide us with the ability to observe or sense information for which there is no apparent physical means of access. They are lumped together by modern Parapsychology under the name of Extra-Sensory Perception or E.S.P.

Now, in addition to its original reference to “seeing at a distance”, the term Remote Viewing has been expanded to encompass a range of abilities that in the past were grouped under the name Clairvoyance within the Oriental Occultism Philosophy[2] modalities of the late 19th and early 20th centuries.

Carlos S. Alvarado, PhD, Visiting Scholar, at the Rhine Research Center, in a recent post on his blog titled Remote Viewing and Stock Market Predictions discussed a paper authored by Christopher Carson Smith, Darrell Laham, and Garret Moddel entitled “Stock Market Prediction Using Associative Remote Viewing by Inexperienced Remote Viewers”, which explained, in part, “each participant in the study remotely viewed (emphasis mine) an image from a target set of two images, one of which he or she would be shown approximately 48 hours from that time. Of the two images in the target set, one corresponded to whether the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) would close up, while the other corresponded to whether it would close down at the end of the intervening trading day. For feedback, the viewers were shown only the picture actually associated with the actual market outcome. In aggregate, the participants described the correct images, successfully predicting the outcome of the DJIA in seven out of seven attempts (binomial probability test, p < .01). Investments in stock options were made based on these predictions, resulting in a significant financial gain.

My purpose in mentioning the preceding is not to in any way detract from the value of the work being done today in studies such as this, but to merely point out that the ability to “see” an event in the future that is now being called “Associative Remote Viewing”, and in some cases that I have seen, “Mental Time Travel”, is not a new thing, but has traditionally been studied under the classification of Clairvoyance (Clear Seeing).

I am not sure whether this re-labeling of abilities is being done in an attempt to distance this area of Parapsychology from any association with fortune telling or other “non-scientific” practices, or that today’s researchers are truly not aware of what Clairvoyance is, nor are they conversant with just how much research into this area has already been done by their predecessors in the West over the last 125 years.

Although it could be both, I am afraid that it is predominantly the latter, because much of what I read about present research doesn’t seem to be actually covering any new ground or provide for any new approaches, so what follows is a brief introduction to Clairvoyance in its many forms for any who might not be familiar with the subject of Remote Viewing under its original name.

Because of the way it is frequently used in today’s popular culture, the word Clairvoyance more often than not elicits an immediate negative reaction. But when used properly Clairvoyance can either designate one specific psychic sense: “Clear Seeing”, as in the case of the “Stock Market Prediction Using Associative Remote Viewing by Inexperienced Remote Viewers” study referenced above; or it can be used in a broad sense to encompass the entire set of psychic senses exhibited by individuals who were either born with a working awareness of these extra senses, or who have worked on developing one or more of them through study and exercise, as is the case for the Remote Viewers that the Military Manual was developed for.

The half dozen individual “psychic abilities” most often found under the heading of Clairvoyance are listed below. They are interrelated parts of what could be viewed as a parallel nonphysical nervous system, and in most cases, all are possessed on at least at some level of capability by those considered Clairvoyant.

1. Clairvoyance: “Clear Seeing”, the ability to “see” people, places and events through means other than physical sight, a “vision” using a more traditional label, or Remote Viewing and/or Mental Travel to use the more modern one

Clairvoyance may provide an image of something in the present or from the past. The latter form has been used successfully in Archeology on dig sites to “see” what the area looked like in the far past. Decisions on where to dig on the sites that were based these images have borne fruit in finds that would have otherwise been missed without using this technique. It has also been used in the viewing of maps of areas like the Sahara (and labeled as Remote Viewing by the Archeologists) to select areas for exploratory digs. There too it has produced good results.

Clairvoyance may also provide an image of the future, as in the Stock Market study cited above, but those who were traditionally experienced in this area always warned that at the moment that an image is viewed it is the “probable” future. But as time passes the probable future is subject to change, and the further out in the future that the image viewed is, the more likely the change.

Those who practice Clairvoyance also frequently experience Clairaudience with the images, in other words, pictures with sound.

2. Clairaudience: “Clear Hearing”, the ability to hear sound that is “psychically” rather than physically generated. For example, this could be a disembodied voice or voices, or the sound of music when there is no physical source for it, or the full range of sounds that come with a Clairvoyant Vision of either a distant place (Remote Viewing), or sounds associated with the past of a physical location which the Clairvoyant person is experiencing, etc.

3. Clairsentience: “Clear Feeling”, in the popular vernacular, an Empath. One who possesses Clairsentience is able to feel the emotions of others, and can frequently do so whether the person is in their presence or at a distance if there is some form of linkage between the individual and the Clairsentient.

Emotions can also be felt by a Clairsentient that have been imbedded either in the past or present in material objects or physical areas. Sensitives and Mediums who can sense strong emotions from the past in their surroundings fall under this classification. Some also use the term Psychometry for this ability, but I do not believe this to be accurate since in Psychometry much more than just emotions can be detected. Clairvoyance frequently also comes into play in Psychometry.

4. Claircognizance: “Clear Knowing”, the ability to just “know” that something is true without any physical means of acquiring that knowledge. A somewhat mundane example would be to suddenly “just know” that an alternate route should be taken to avoid an area, without knowing that an accident has occurred on the road ahead. Premonitions are one form of Claircognizance.

The last two kinds of Clairvoyance that follow generally go unmentioned by name in early reference works on the subject. They were forms of information that were just accepted as being so much a common part of our ability to interpret nonphysical energies in physical symbolisms such as a scent, as to not really require singling out. A classic example would be that smell of flowers than most of us have occasionally experienced when there were no flowers present. Although more recent reference works do provide them with names, they are still rarely mentioned.

5. Clairalience: “Clear Smelling”, also sometimes labeled Clairescence or Clairolfactance, it is the ability to sense non-physical information in the form of a scent or smell.

6. Clairgustance: “Clear Tasting”, similar to Clairalience in that non-physical information is sensed in the form of a taste. Since the physical senses of taste and smell are so closely related, these two psychic senses are also frequently experienced together.

– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –

[1]Beginner’s Exercise That Was My Introduction to Mental Travel

As was mentioned in the opening, I was introduced to the practice of Mental Travel early in my studies. As part of that introduction there was a beginner’s exercise provided for learning Mental Travel/Remote Viewing. For those who are willing to put in the effort, a summary of that exercise is given below. It starts with learning to do Mental Travel or Remote Viewing within the boundaries of your home, and since this is an exercise that will generally require repeated practice initially, it is recommended that you choose a room for this exercise that you can make use of frequently, and where you won’t be disturbed.

• Because it is your home and you are there all the time, most of what is in the room has long since been relegated to just background information, so the first step is to walk around the room really looking at everything in it, taking note of as much detail as possible.
  • Next, if there is not already a chair in the room near the middle, place one there and sit down.
  • This exercise works best if you are already accomplished in reaching a light meditative state at will. With your eyes closed, relax and center yourself, than begin creating a three dimensional image in your mind of the room around you. Make it as detailed as possible.
  • Once you have this image fixed, see the room in your mind from the perspective of you standing up. Then continue the visualization of what the room looks like in your mind as you move to a location somewhere in the room behind you.
  • Once there, examine in detail an object or book as if you were physically there. For example, in the case of a book see yourself opening it and read what is written on the page that you opened it to.
  • Then, again in your mind, return to the chair and view the room as it is in front of you.
  • Open your eyes and compare what you physically see to what you saw in your mind.
  • You will want to repeat this exercise as often as necessary for it to become fairly easy for you. Once you have reached that point you can begin to test yourself. In the case of the book visualization, when you have finished the exercise actually get up and go to the book and look up the page that you visualized, and see if it matches what you saw in your mind.
  • When you find that you can satisfactorily reproduce your surrounding room in your mind and travel to any part of it with reasonable accuracy, the next step in the exercise is a straightforward one. While sitting in your chair, in your mind simply go to the door and walk out of it. The door in this step is your gateway to whatever destination you have decided to go visit, and you can find yourself in your room one second, and upon going through the door, in the next second find yourself at your destination.
Bon Voyage

– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –

[2] Oriental Occultism as a field of study comes from the Esoteric Section of the Theosophical Society. In the early Theosophical Society there was both an Exoteric Section (formalized in 1875) and an Esoteric Section (formalized in October 1888). From the beginning there was significant resistance on the part of the bulk of the membership towards the activities of the Esoteric Section, and by the 1930’s or perhaps even earlier, the Esoteric Section just seems to disappear from public view. As a result of the reduction in published works from the Esoteric Section of the Theosophical Society after this time, modern publications on subjects such as Clairvoyance (Remote Viewing) provide very little information on the methodology needed for acquiring these skills.

While many people are at least familiar with the Theosophical Society by name, I find that most in general seem to have very little awareness of how large a role this society has played in the numerous Western Spirituality Movements that have sprung up over the last 125 years or so. Names like H. P. Blavatsky, Colonel Henry Steel Olcott, and W.Q. Judge are always mentioned in articles about the founding of the Theosophical Society and are credited for heavily influencing the growth in interest in Eastern Philosophies that followed the founding of the Society, but many other names that show up in discussions about the Spirituality Movements that came into being in the 20th Century are also people that either played a prominent leadership role in the Theosophical organization throughout their lives, or were active in the Society for a period of time prior to breaking off to form their own organizations. This list includes names of people such as; Annie Besant, Katherine Tingley, Rudolf Steiner, Jiddu Krishnamurti, Alice Bailey, C.W. Leadbeater, A.P. Sinnett, T. Subba Row, G. de Purucker, Jinarajadasa, Manly P. Hall, The Ballards (who formed the “I Am” movement), Rudolf Steiner (who was expelled from the Society by Annie Besant, along with the entire German Section of the Society and all of its branches because of Steiner’s development of Anthroposophy), and Max Heindel (who formed the Rosicrucian Society in Oceanside California).

A number of prominent organizations (in addition to those already mentioned) were initially formed by Theosophists, such as the London Society for Psychical Research (S.P.R.) founded in part by F.W.H. Meyers, W. Stanton Moses and C.C. Massey, prominent Theosophists of the late 19th Century, and in San Jose, California, The Rosicrucian Brotherhood (AMORC).

A sampling of names of prominent people who credited Theosophy with either providing them with their world view, or for having had a profound influence on their lives include Elizabeth Clare Prophet, Thomas Edison, L. Frank Baum (Wizard of Oz), Paul Gauguin, William Butler Yeats, Henry Ford, Mohandas Gandhi (who in his autobiography claimed that the members of his Indian National Congress “were all Theosophists”),Elvis Presley(!), Jane Goodall, and rumor has it, Albert Einstein, just to name a few.

An excellent timeline covering the growth of the Theosophical Society, including all of the in-fighting, splintering off into new groups, and internal politics that keep reshaping the society into something that I doubt Blavatsky would recognize, can be found in the book; The Theosophical Movement, 1875 ~ 1950, put out by The Cunningham Press, Los Angeles, CA in 1951, if you can find a copy through one of the Antiquarian Book Sellers.

Reactions: John K and G4RiiM
Hey Skare, Ive had this strange experience about a week ago and wanted to ask you if it sounds familiar to you. So I was laying in bed dozing off.

I look to a certain point in my room sitting upright in bed. I feel this ominous present approaching me rapidly it felt like it was meaning to hit me hard. I didn't see a shape or form just ripples in the air from the force heading towards me.

I got spooked awake with a loud gasp of air. My sleepy head felt like this happened because I slipped into another state too fast? I tried to fall asleep more slowly.. if that even makes sense.. It happened again while I was looking to another point in my room. I opened my eyes and awoke.

What kinda bothers me is that they did not feel like dreams. I never really dream about this place. Well except for another one that didn't feel like a dream either. Also everything seemed to be in place, and felt so real like I was just staring across the room. The only differences is that I was able to see in the dark apparently, albeit it a dim light. And I felt like I was sitting up straight while in fact lying down.

coincidentally before this happened I had about 2 weeks of light bulbs breaking one after another in the same room. The 3rd one was acting up and looked like it was going to break too.. But it seems totally fine now for some reason?

Hey Skare, Ive had this strange experience about a week ago and wanted to ask you if it sounds familiar to you. So I was laying in bed dozing off.

I look to a certain point in my room sitting upright in bed. I feel this ominous present approaching me rapidly it felt like it was meaning to hit me hard. I didn't see a shape or form just ripples in the air from the force heading towards me.

I got spooked awake with a loud gasp of air. My sleepy head felt like this happened because I slipped into another state too fast? I tried to fall asleep more slowly.. if that even makes sense.. It happened again while I was looking to another point in my room. I opened my eyes and awoke.

What kinda bothers me is that they did not feel like dreams. I never really dream about this place. Well except for another one that didn't feel like a dream either. Also everything seemed to be in place, and felt so real like I was just staring across the room. The only differences is that I was able to see in the dark apparently, albeit it a dim light. And I felt like I was sitting up straight while in fact lying down.

coincidentally before this happened I had about 2 weeks of light bulbs breaking one after another in the same room. The 3rd one was acting up and looked like it was going to break too.. But it seems totally fine now for some reason?

Yes, that all sounds very familiar to me.
I would say that you were partially out of body for a short while - the sitting up in bed is reminiscent of the time I sat upright in bed when the "old hag" was headed down my hallway in the last place I lived.
Though I actually sat upright in bed in both realities as well as yelling in both...Sensiko my SO has had the same experience as you, where she was sitting up but knew she was asleep laying down.
It's pretty well documented that people can feel/sense negative presences...and I believe with certain people, or at certain times in our lives it can interrupt our dreaming or sleeping we are engaged in at the time like a tripwire.
If I had to just make a guess, you probably woke up because you sensed something was there to do you harm...by you jumping out into a semi-out of body state you were able to better protect and push away whatever it was.
Yes, going to sleep slower makes sense to me....but I don't think that is the issue.
Also yes, you can remain lucid or in a semi-lucid state and have your dreams kick in.
That is basically how you self-induce a lucid dreaming state...or if you take it a bit further - can pop out of body or astrally project.
If the bulbs have been breaking for a while it could just be bad wiring, lol....but there is a connection to electrical disturbances with both paranormal ghostly phenomena and with PSI or psychic phenomena - so it's feasible something could have been coming around for a while, but that's total speculation and my best guess.
Make sure you are getting enough sleep...don't drink caffeine too soon before bed and see if that changes the way you fall asleep.
Let me know what you think and we can talk more about about it.
Glad it stopped...take care!

If the bulbs have been breaking for a while it could just be bad wiring, lol....

Yea I dont think it was bad wiring or fixture. Cuz why would my light be fine now? I didn't touch it. One light broke, I replaced it and within a week the new one was done too. Replaced it and that one seemed to be dying soon too.. but now it's okay?

This is my theory I'm just sucking out of my thumb:

I was in a really bad state of mind at that time. This made spirits sense my weakness and gave them energy to feed on making them strong enough to disturb electrical circuits. After a while they gained enough energy for an attempt to attack me. They or it failed and by doing some drained the energy they had gathered and stored. Also my state of mind changed which did not make me as easy a target anymore or give them as much energy to feed on.

That's my guess.. might sound stupid to you

Yea I dont think it was bad wiring or fixture. Cuz why would my light be fine now? I didn't touch it. One light broke, I replaced it and within a week the new one was done too. Replaced it and that one seemed to be dying soon too.. but now it's okay?

This is my theory I'm just sucking out of my thumb:

I was in a really bad state of mind at that time. This made spirits sense my weakness and gave them energy to feed on making them strong enough to disturb electrical circuits. After a while they gained enough energy for an attempt to attack me. They or it failed and by doing some drained the energy they had gathered and stored. Also my state of mind changed which did not make me as easy a target anymore or give them as much energy to feed on.

That's my guess.. might sound stupid to you

I don't think you sound stupid.
It's not easy for me to form a complete picture of what is going on with you and your experiences, so who am I to say what is what?
I only can comment on the information you give me.

When I offer thoughts of other possibilities it's not to say you are wrong but only to explore every nook.
It is possible that you had a bad batch of lightbulbs...but you know better as to what was replaced with what and when.
And that is not saying that it was not something paranormal or PSI related - it very well could be, but I cannot form any conclusions from this POV. ;)
There may be something to the idea of something attached to you - we have talked about this before as you have had similar experiences.

What state of mind were you in that was so negative to attract such entities?
What weakness is there to feed on and how can you change that?
Take care!

@GRiMM

Some of these may be helpful...

The Art of Spiritual Protection:
17 Ancient Shamanic Techniques for Clearing Negative Energy and Psychic Self Defense

BY ITZHAK BEERY

signs-of-attack-by-energy-vampire.jpg

1. Smudging
Smudging with smoke composed of a variety of plants, herbs, resins, and minerals can be an exceptional energy purifier for getting rid of negative energy from your home, office, or body.

Spiritually, smoke summons helping spirits; it represents the transformation from solid matter to spirit, as the smoke ascends and disperses into thin air.
Physically, smoke captures negative energy particles in our illuminated body or habitat spaces and in hard-to-reach places, then removes and transports them to the heavens to be dispersed.

A recent article in the Journal of Ethnopharmacology notes that smoke can disinfect the air from a variety of dangerous airborne bacteria, hence it has considerable healing properties.

The most popular plants for smudging and removing negative energy are white sage, sweet grass, lavender, rosemary, valerian root, and other aromatic plants or trees, like cider, pine, palo santo, and copal.

For body purifications, start from your head and go down to your toes.
You can disperse the smoke with your hands or with a feather through an open window or into a candle flame.

You can also scatter these plants and minerals around the house for psychic and spiritual protection against evil spirits.

2. House Energy Cleansing
Clearing bad air, negative energies, ghosts, psychic attacks, and good and bad spirits from the house and workplace is as important as clearing one’s energy field.

Often it is important to clear the owner’s energy right after you clear the space.
This ceremony for clearing negative energy from the home uses almost the same tools as in La Limpia.

The premise of this common practice in South America is that humans, animals, or any object leave energy footprints wherever they go.
Sometimes deceased people’s spirits still stay at the place of their death, as they are not willing to move on.

Negative energy is heavy, stagnant energy that stops the flow of life; it sinks down.
If not cleared, it can bring bad luck, fear, sleeplessness, and sometimes violence to the people in the house or building.

I have seen a lot during the years I have practiced this form of clearing negative energy from homes and spaces—from an old sailor who hanged himself in the attic of an Amsterdam warehouse to a group of electronics thieves in a store in Queens; from an abusive Middle Eastern husband to an uncooperative Indian wife; from a murdered young woman’s ghost that crossed my room at 2 a.m. in Ecuador to a loving old couple who lived a full life in Queens, New York; from a killing dungeon in a Lower East Side restaurant’s basement to an unsuccessful factory in Long Island; from a cheating famous Brazilian healer to a Middle Eastern woman who vowed to ruin my client’s business.

All past events that were later confirmed.
And the effects of the clearings brought back harmony and good luck and changed people’s life.

The shaman’s role is to shake and invigorate these negative energies to move them out of the house and return the house to harmonious balance and flow. Throughout the ceremony the shaman chants or whistles an icaro (soul song, or prayer).

If a house has multiple floors, the shaman starts from the bottom and moves up, getting rid of the negative energy and invoking spiritual protection.
Windows are open to let the negative energies and smoke out.

Here are the instructions:

1. As you enter the house, stop, gaze at the surroundings, breathe in, and then close your eyes.
Ask your spirit guides to inform you on what is going on in the house.

Wait a few minutes for a vision or answers.
Sometimes spirits and events will be shown to you as holograms.

Pay attention and go to the places your visions lead you when you do these clearings of negative energy.

2. Start by setting up your altar, light a white candle, and call the four directions and your spirit guides (I usually call my teachers’ spirits in this and the other world) for spiritual protection and for help with healing intention and prayers.

3. With a bottle of sugarcane rum (trago) walk all around the rooms and blow (camay) through your mouth (preferred) or a spray bottle in the corners, under the bed, closets, kitchen, drawers, and behind the doors, in all the hard to reach places where stagnant energy lies.

The trago’s alcohol molecules neutralize the positive ions in the air to create a more balanced environment and to clear negative energy.

4. Light a sage stick (or any other plant), walk around the house, and fan the smoke where there is stagnant energy.
(You can use your hands or feathers.)

The smoke removes old negative energy and kills airborne bacteria.

5. Walk around the house and vigorously click two healing stones with your hands to shake up old energies.
You can also clap your hands or use a rattle.

6. With a bottle of Agua de Florida walk all around the rooms and blow through your mouth (preferred) or a spray bottle in the corners, under the beds, in closets, in the kitchen, in drawers, and behind the doors, in all the hard to reach places, to bring good energy and spiritual protection.

7. Walk around the house and puff tobacco with the blessings of spirits.

8. Walk around the house and ring a high-pitched bell to harmonize the house vibrations.

9. Gather with your client around the altar.
Hold hands and pray with intention.

10. If you were called because of relationship and love issues, put red, pink, and white rose petals on the bed after the cleansing.
Ask the owner to have fresh roses by the bed and to take a rose petal (boil them for five minutes) bath before going to bed.

3. Sea Salt
Sea salt is a natural detoxifier and absorber and clearer of negative energies from your skin and your environment due to its hygroscopic ability.
It is used in almost all healing traditions around the world.

Rub your hands and your entire body thoroughly with salt, or take a handful of sea salt and add it into a bath.
Place small bowls with sea salt and water (no need to change the sea salt, just replenish the water) in the corners of your house, under the bed, or in your office.

You can also use sea salt without water for continued psychic protection.
You can also fill up a bowl of water, add handful of sea salt, and dip your hands in it for a few minutes.

4. Coal
Coal absorbs and removes negative energies and is also perfect against bad dreams or nightmares.
Grind the wood coal, preferably from a ceremonial fire, wrap it in natural fabric, and tap it over your body or put it under your pillow to help you sleep as it absorbs reoccurring bad thoughts and nightmares, contributes to your spiritual protection, and protects against psychic attacks.

5. Baths
Take a handful of sea salt and pour it into your bathtub and lie in it for twenty minutes.
You can also add a spoonful of baking soda.

If you feel strong negative energies around you, take a bath with sulfur (put sulfur sticks or powder in water overnight then pour the water into the bath).
For heavier attachments or psychic attacks, add six drops of ammonia to the water.

Boil a bunch of rue leaves for five minutes and add them to your bath.
Some shamans recommend taking beer baths.

If you do not have a bathtub, you can fill a bucket with water and follow the following practice for spiritual protection.
Pour water using the palm of your hand, six times over your left shoulder, six times over your right shoulder, and six times over your head.

Do it with prayers, pure intention, and concentration.
Repeat it on three consecutive days, starting on Monday.

You can also dip your hands or your feet in a bucket of water with sea salt.
Do not soap or shower after the bath.

6. Sweating It Out
Spending time in a sweat lodge, steam room, or a sauna can remove toxicity and purify your body, emotions, and soul.
Sweating clears the negative energies on the surface of the skin and in the deeper tissues pour out of the body.

7. Blowing of Sugarcane Rum
Put a small amount of sugarcane rum (trago) in your mouth, under your tongue, and blow it out forcefully on yourself, on others, or around the room in a strong intentional blow.

It needs to be sent as a strong but soft mist.
It will ionize and rebalance your energy body and surroundings.

8. Feathers
Use feathers, preferably condor, eagle, or wild turkey, to remove stagnant negative energies.
Start at the crown of your head and move all the way down to your feet.

Let the feather guide you to feel energy blockages just like dowsing; feathers represent the element of air and the clearing wind.

9. Stones
Brush healing stones, preferably black lava stones, over your body to absorb negative energy and create a psychic protection shield to guard against psychic attack.

You can also hold a stone in each hand or put them in your pockets for grounding.
For spiritual protection and getting rid of negative energy from your home and office, clap the stones around the room (or rooms), especially in the corners where stagnant energy congregates.

After using them dip them in sea-salt water or blow sugarcane rum on them to cleanse them.

10. Amulets
Amulets can be a piece of jewelry worn for spiritual protection or an object made from stones, seeds, metal, or coins.
Amulets sometimes contain words or prayers.

They are worn and are created to protect the wearer from psychic attacks, harm, and evil spirits.
They are sometimes blessed and imbued with the power of a shaman.

Wear a protective charm, pendant, or bracelet on the left hand, the path to your heart, or over your heart.

11. Mirror
Wear a mirror or any reflective metal surface over your heart center to deflect negative energy or a psychic attack back to the aggressor and to disperse it into the void.

12. Plants
Plants absorb and clear negative energy and produce negative ions for air purification.
Place various plants with large green leaves—such as aloe vera, banana, arrowhead, evergreen, dumb cane (Dieffenbachia), geranium, and dragon plant (Dracaena)—around the house and on windowsills for spiritual and psychic protection.

A very important plant in South America is rue, also called ruta or ruda (Ruta graveolens).
It has a very distinct repelling smell and beautiful small yellow flowers that need lots of sun.

Plant it in the entrance to your home and place it on your windowsills.
It is believed to shield the house from jealousy and envy of neighbors and passersby.

Tap a small branch of rue all over your client’s body; if the plant dries or dies, it is a sign that your client possesses large amounts of bad energy.
Boil a branch and add it to your bath or spray or clean your house with it to get rid of negative energy in your home or self.

13. Nature
Spend some time in nature for spiritual protection.
It contains and emits negative ions, which counter the positive ions we are surrounded by in our homes and offices in our digital society.

Walk barefoot as much as you can, hug a tree, or sit with your back to a tree trunk; it will absorb your negative energies.
Some people find it helpful to be buried in soil or sand for a few hours or overnight; the soil clears your negative energy and grounds you.

Stay by or swim in a lake, river, waterfall, or ocean.
Encase your body with plants and green leaves, as they repel evil spirits and confer psychic protection.

You should also wear green clothes for the same reason.

14. Handshakes
Do not shake hands with people who you believe are angry and depressed as they are carriers of negative energy.
With more than a million nerve endings and receptors in the palm of the hand, shaking hands acts as an energy transmission between two people and could be contaminating.

Sticky, sweaty palms can indicate an emotional nervousness, fear, and disturbance.

15. Sulfur
Sulfur—a foul and smelly crystal for psychic and spiritual protection—removes emotional problems, hexes, and attachments and frees one from enemy attachment cords.

You can roll sulfur sticks over your body, preferably on your bare skin, from head to toe.
You can also soak sulfur for twenty-four hours in water and add it to your bath.

If you do not have sulfur sticks, use sulfur powder encased in a fabric pouch and tap it on your body.
Sulfur can also indicate signs of possession.

Hold a sulfur stick in both hands.
If it breaks, it is a sign of possession.

Bring the stick to your ears and if you hear cracking and hissing sounds, it is a sign of emotional disturbance caused by entities.

16. Protection Stones
There are many stones and crystals for spiritual and psychic protection that can absorb, repel, or clear negative energies.
Stones and crystals such as black obsidian, black tourmaline, black onyx, and apache tears can transmute good energy.

Wear them around your neck, carry them with you, or place them around you in your home or office.

17. Processes for Psychic Protection
+ Be aware and alert.
Use your intuition to spot danger and bad energy from people around you who are angry, agitated, or depressed and will suck your energy out of you and also from negative places.

+ Sit quietly.
Take a few deep breaths.

Close your eyes and visualize yourself surrounded in a bubble of light.
Or imagine a source of white light above your head; encase yourself with this protective light for regular spiritual protection.

+ A heart filled with love is the strongest protection against psychic attack.
Send love to your nemeses; it is hard to do but necessary to give them gratitude for their teachings and not hold anger and resentment in your heart.

80802608_2649281168459772_3418264900659576832_n.jpg

81250117_2650364151684807_2640594413826342912_n.jpg

81487834_2651477284906827_6130854382389952512_n.jpg

81559115_2654131747974714_2992321002366566400_n.jpg

81569393_1503327416495988_7171145862922371072_n.jpg