Merkabah | Page 442 | INFJ Forum
Creating Life in a Very Strange Way
610px-Theodore_von_Karman_-_GPN-2000-001500.jpg
Theodore von Kármán

Theodore von Kármán was a Hungarian-American engineer and physicist in the fields of aeronautics and astronautics, and responsible for numerous important advances in aerodynamics.

Concerned about the rise in fascism and Nazism in Europe, von Kármán accepted in 1930 the directorship of the Guggenheim Aeronautical Laboratory at the California Institute of Technology, emigrated to live in the United States and in 1936 founded Aerojet with Frank Malina and Jack Parsons.

Nazi developments in rocketry during the Second World War encouraged the U.S. military to look into the potential use of rockets in warfare, a matter in which von Kármán played a significant role.

For example, during the early part of 1943, the Experimental Engineering Division of the United States Army Air Forces Materiel Command worked closely with von Kármán on the status of Germany’s rocket program.

In 1946, after the hostilities were over and Hitler and his cronies were firmly defeated, von Kármán became the first chairman of the Scientific Advisory Group, which studied aeronautical technologies for the United States Army Air Forces.

He also helped found AGARD, the NATO aerodynamics research oversight group, the International Council of the Aeronautical Sciences, the International Academy of Astronautics, and the Von Karman Institute for Fluid Dynamics in Brussels.

At the age of 81, von Kármán received the first National Medal of Science, bestowed in a White House ceremony by President John F. Kennedy.
He was recognized specifically for “…his leadership in the science and engineering basic to aeronautics; for his effective teaching and related contributions in many fields of mechanics, for his distinguished counsel to the Armed Services, and for his promoting international cooperation in science and engineering.”

Von Kármán passed away on a trip to Aachen in 1963, and is buried in Pasadena, California.

Perhaps most startling of all, von Kármán claimed until his dying day that an ancestor of his, one Rabbi Judah Loew ben Bezalel of Prague, had succeeded in creating a Golem, an artificial human being endowed with life, according to Hebrew folklore.

A Golem, essentially, is an animated being created entirely out of inanimate matter; in the pages of the Bible, the word is used to refer to an embryonic or incomplete figure.

The earliest stories of Golems date to ancient Judaism.
For example, Adam is described in the Talmud as initially being created as a Golem when his dust was “kneaded into a shapeless hunk.”

Like Adam, all Golems are said to be modeled out of clay.
In many tales the Golem is inscribed with magic, or religious, words that ensure it remains animated.

Writing one of the names of God on its forehead, placing a slip of paper in its mouth, or inscribing certain terms on its body, are all ways and means to instill and continue the life of a Golem.

Another way of activating the creature is by writing a specific incantation using the owner’s blood on calfskin parchment, and then placing it inside the Golem’s mouth.

Conversely, removing the parchment is said to deactivate the creation.

As for the tale of Rabbi Judah Loew ben Bezalel, it must be noted that many scholars who have studied the Golem controversy are convinced that the story of the 16th century Chief Rabbi of Prague is merely an entertaining piece of Jewish folklore.

Nevertheless, it is worthy of examination.
According to the legend, under Rudolf II, the Holy Roman Emperor who ruled from 1576 to 1612, the Jews in Prague were to be expelled from the city or outright slaughtered.

In an effort to try and afford the Jewish community some protection, the rabbi constructed the Golem out of clay taken from the banks of the Vltava River and subsequently succeeded in bringing it to life via archaic rituals and ancient Hebrew incantations.

As the Golem grew, it became increasingly violent.

545px-Prague-golem-reproduction.jpg

A Prague reproduction of the Golem.​

The Emperor supposedly begged Rabbi Loew to destroy the Golem, promising in return to stop the persecution of the Jews.
The rabbi agreed and quickly deactivated his creation by rubbing out the first letter of the word “emet” (“truth” or “reality”) from the creature’s forehead and leaving the Hebrew word “met,” meaning death.

The Emperor understood, however, that the Golem’s body, stored in the attic of the Old New Synagogue in Prague, could be quickly restored to life again if it was ever needed.

Accordingly, legend says, the body of Rabbi Loew’s Golem still lies in the synagogue’s attic to this very day, awaiting the time when it will once again be summoned to continue the work of its long-dead creator.

There are rumors that, on the day he died, rocket scientist and occultist Jack Parsons attempted to create life in Golem-like fashion.

Filmmaker Renate Druks, who was an acquaintance of Marjorie Elizabeth Cameron, said in Nat Freedland’s The Occult Explosion: “I have every reason to believe that Jack Parsons was working on some very strange experiments, trying to create what the old alchemists call a homunculus, a tiny artificial man with magic powers. I think that’s what he was working on when the accident happened.”

Ancient alchemists had several methods of bringing these diminutive humanoids to life; one involved the mandrake.
Popular, centuries-old belief holds that the mandrake plant grew on ground where semen ejaculated by hanged men had fallen to earth, and, as a result, its roots vaguely resemble those of a human being.

To ensure a successful creation of the homunculus, the root is to be picked before dawn on a Friday morning by a black dog, then washed and nourished with milk and honey and, in some prescriptions, blood, whereupon it develops into a miniature human that will guard and protect its owner.

Another method, cited by Dr. David Christianus at the University of Giessen during the 18th century, was to take an egg laid by a black hen, poke a tiny hole through its shell, replace a bean-sized portion of the egg white with human semen, seal the opening with virgin parchment, and bury the egg in dung on the first day of the March lunar cycle.

The ancient teachings suggested that a miniature humanoid would emerge from the egg after thirty days and, in return, help and protect its creator for a steady diet of lavender seeds and earthworms.

How curious that both Parsons and von Karman, in roundabout ways, had links to stories of manufactured life-forms – and in Parsons’ case, even to a “tiny artificial man with magic powers.”

(Skarekrow - or you get a really nasty omelet in a month lol)

61624856_2396536930410515_5458705568367640576_n.jpg

61407732_1118036898383246_5562045595360690176_n.jpg

61593938_1299927116836020_3273631859786907648_n.jpg

This video was destroyed in the great forum changeover!

Enjoy!

OVERVIEW

On the 40th anniversary of the famous ‘Blue Marble’ photograph taken of Earth from space,
Planetary Collective presents a short film documenting astronauts’ life-changing stories of seeing the Earth from the outside –
a perspective-altering experience often described as the Overview Effect.

The Overview Effect, first described by author Frank White in 1987,
is an experience that transforms astronauts’ perspective of the planet and mankind’s place upon it.
Common features of the experience are a feeling of awe for the planet,
a profound understanding of the interconnection of all life,
and a renewed sense of responsibility for taking care of the environment.

‘Overview’ is a short film that explores this phenomenon through interviews with five astronauts who have experienced the Overview Effect.
The film also features insights from commentators and thinkers on the wider implications and importance of this understanding for society,
and our relationship to the environment.

CAST
• EDGAR MITCHELL – Apollo 14 astronaut and founder of the Institute of Noetic Sciences
• RON GARAN – ISS astronaut and founder of humanitarian organization Fragile Oasis
• NICOLE STOTT – Shuttle and ISS astronaut and member of Fragile Oasis
• JEFF HOFFMAN – Shuttle astronaut and senior lecturer at MIT
• SHANE KIMBROUGH – Shuttle/ISS astronaut and Lieutenant Colonel in the US Army
• FRANK WHITE – space theorist and author of the book ‘The Overview Effect’
• DAVID LOY- philosopher and author
• DAVID BEAVER – philosopher and co-founder of The Overview Institute​

I think it’s because we find doors like this when we are little.

C0353564-717F-4F10-8F43-9A50009B16A5.jpeg

By the time we are 12 we’ve found that some of them go places Lovecraft would be proud of. And they aren’t doors outside - no they are deep inside.

58724876_2344697705582597_7939970031385837568_n.jpg

61099223_2383260168393017_1180355780008738816_n.jpg

61315882_10157220589257381_1298371246395752448_n.jpg

61465484_10157217992952381_3620757125308874752_n.jpg

61738012_10157220252157381_2565999348814970880_n.jpg

56544632_2305973689454999_1882175447882530816_n.jpg

56606359_2308759979176370_1969116937552134144_n.jpg

57203881_2318483061537395_3966496022632333312_n.jpg

61589508_10157226133727381_5875298511108440064_n.jpg

61660227_10157226132607381_3005975364825513984_n.jpg

61725327_10157220585537381_6486760631239180288_n.jpg

That speck in the middle is the size of our solar system in relation to the largest black hole we are somewhat aware of!!
Amazing!!
It wouldn’t even have to chew!
5p8z3edgmy131.jpg

10896935_625235967623086_5678843098687316085_n.jpg

58606384_1731298690350136_2097795592259371008_n.jpg

58761443_1732026910277314_3760056770282651648_n.jpg

58994602_1733594493453889_407178370133000192_n.jpg

59716217_1736236783189660_7258836390593429504_n.jpg

60492964_1747909715355700_2998791817274589184_n.jpg

60873565_1754259134720758_2100607129390940160_n.jpg

60903284_1754377001375638_2259221242294829056_n.jpg

61598343_1761657513980920_2623378862054047744_n.jpg

I agree with about 90% of this article.
Personally, I tend to disagree with the notion of a specific event meant to teach us a lesson.
There are endless lessons to learn from the experiences here in this life, but I don’t feel that there is some God or spirit that is placing specific challenges for me to overcome in order to grow in some form or another.
Rather, I feel that it is our ever-changing perspective that allows us to gain new wisdom.
You must learn how A works before you can understand B, so on and so forth.
That doesn’t mean that I am grateful for the loss or pain in my life necessarily, but I can appreciate the changes in perspective that were created by those events in order to keep evolving and learning as a person.
Much love!

Nobody wants to suffer.
In fact, I think the goal of many people's lives is to stay as far away from suffering as possible.

Pain is no fun, because you know...it's pain.
When we are in pain we spend most of our energy trying to figure out how to get out of pain.

You put your hand in a fire, it burns, the hand moves.
That's lesson two in the "Life 101" handbook (unless you like that type of thing then burn on my friend.)

Nonetheless, for most of us if we are suffering, or more appropriately, if we are "in suffering" (because we cannot be suffering) it can be a peaceful to practice "conscious suffering".

Most of the time when we are suffering it's because we believe we shouldn't be having the experience we are having.
"I shouldn't have cancer", "I shouldn't be going through a break-up", "I shouldn't have lost my job", etc.

We are resisting what is happening and therefore fighting the Reality of the situation.
We are hurting and we want it to stop dammit!

Pain is typically a warning that something needs to be addressed (although sometimes we inflict pain because it's what we are used to, or we don't know any better).

But what's wrong is never the situation itself, that's always neutral, but our thinking or judgement about the situation.

You may say to me, "Sterlin, if I have the stomach virus from hell and it feels like the Tasmanian devil is playing Dance Dance Revolution on my innards, it's not my judgement that my stomach hurts... it hurts!"

And I would say to you that we're both onto something.
Yes, your stomach hurts (apparently), but you make it hurt that much worse when you add a negative story to it.

Typically we can't just stop at "my stomach hurts".
Your stomach hurting is a relative fact.

But the fact that you don't like that your stomach hurts, or you have to miss work and you can't afford to, or you had plans for the weekend you have to cancel and now you're going to miss out, or whatever...therein lies the judgement and the creation of the negative story.

We often don't stop at the facts themselves but in a gross act of self sabotage we add a lot of extra mess onto it that increases our suffering.

If we can't do anything about a situation at the current time then we can either accept it or argue.
Accepting it moves us out of resistance, arguing moves it further into pain.

"My stomach hurts" appears to be a fact for you at that time.
Everything else is a story you've attached to it.

The other part of conscious suffering is looking at what the experience is meant to teach us.
Now we could argue that finding the meaning behind the suffering is the creation of more stories, and that is very true.

However, isn't it more kind and peaceful to believe a happy story than a painful one?

When we shift our focus to the thematic messages of our life events we start to look at our experiences on a deeper level and remain open to the possibilities of what we are being shown about ourselves.

And yes, it's always about us.
It can't not be.

If your partner spontaneously leaves you with no announcement or apparent reason and we suffer, it is about us.
I don't mean this statement in the self-reprimanding, low self-esteem way.

I mean this in the most empowering way possible.
When we realize that everything happens for us, not to us, it moves the responsibility and power back to us.

That doesn't mean that we can always change the circumstances of the situation but that we can work with the only thing we can change...ourselves.

When we begin to look at the deeper or more pervasive messages behind our suffering we begin to suffer consciously.
What this means is we give our experience meaning.

The most painful suffering experiences of my life have been those when I was unable to find the meaning or the reason behind the suffering.

Sometimes because we are mired in the experience of our pain it can be difficult to find the meaning behind it, and as a result we may need to find someone who can provide a greater perspective (spiritually, psychologically or emotionally) to what the experience may be signaling to us.

This is when other people become messengers.
Incidentally, the best messengers help us to discover what our own meaning is.

One way to find the meaning in our suffering is to think of your life as an archetypal fairy tale.
Look at your life as though you were reading it or as though you are watching it as a spectator.

Identify the central themes in your life (and there's only a handful of themes human's work with over and over again such as loss, forgiveness, acceptance, empowerment, and control.)

Then you identify how the scene that is currently playing out reflects one or more of those themes.
How has the character (you) dealt with this theme at other parts in the story?

And how can the character choose to work with this theme at this point given the realization that the theme has appeared again on order to be worked through, so that the character (again, that's you) can develop?

When we start to view painful experiences in this way it does a couple of things -
1.) it moves us out of unconscious identification with what is happening and allows us to pull back (which incidentally eases the severity of the suffering) and
2.) it positions your experience as a gift rather than a punishment.
When you realize the experience was given to you
by you, you can no longer blame anyone else for your suffering (which is empowering and freeing).

You recognize that even if someone commits a terrible transgression, you (and the forces that be) orchestrated that experience for your evolution.
How wonderful.

Conscious suffering is an act of courage that prevents you from living in blame or resistance and moves you into the empowered state of understanding.

It offers you a opportunity for growth and the possibility that you may not have to work on that particular theme if you really experience and understand the breadth of the experience.

Living and working through our karmic lessons doesn't mean we've done it right or wrong but that we've understood the experience.

That doesn't mean you won't ever suffer again, and its entirely possible the same theme will show up to test your learning comprehension if not in this lifetime perhaps in another to really ensure you mastered that test.

Earth is a big ol' finishing school so the lessons never stop, and human beings love to learn.

The experiences you're dealt are very rarely (if ever) more than the soul can handle, although the personality may hate them.
The experiences we're dealt also reflect our level of consciousness at any given time and the subtlety of our experiences may alter as we continue to grow and evolve.

When we are conscious of the deeper meaning of suffering (and you nihilists out there know that even your nihilism is a form of meaning) we stop arguing with our pain and start dealing with it as conscious participants, rather than innocent victims.

Last edited:
Can I just say that seeing you post this made my morning. lol
I try!!
Thank you!
:<3white:

Though...sometimes my posts end up like this...

giphy.gif

There was one night my ex and I were driving back from the beach in southern California...I think it was highway 43?
It goes winding through Taft and the mountains behind it until you hit the water.
Anyhow...the road itself was very curvy...it was dark and as we came around one corner there was a light in the sky from what I thought must be a low flying plane or helicopter...there was just a bright white light...it’s hard to gauge how close or far away it was, but it seemed to react to my coming around the corner.
At first I thought it was flying toward me...as the light stayed in the same spot momentarily...then it shot off at impossible speeds to the left and was gone.
My ex and I looked at each other and both confirmed that we saw the same thing.
Cannot explain that one...though jumping right to aliens is a bit brash...inter-dimensional travelers are more likely, lol. ;)
Or some kind of experimental military drone...who knows?
The stealth fighter first started flying around 1980...we look at it as if it’s high-tech when it’s 40 years old just about.
I’m sure things have advanced significantly.
Either way...there are definitely odd and unexplainable things taking place in the skies.

giphy.gif
That's highway 41, I believe. After 99 comes to an end..? It's a pain sometimes.

That's highway 41, I believe. After 99 comes to an end..? It's a pain sometimes.
Actually, looking at a map now...it’s Hwy 119 to Taft, then Hwy 33 to 166 to the PCH.
It was Hwy 166 twisting through the mountains there going toward Pismo beach where this happened.
Not sure where I got 43?

Thanks for all the likes...how are you?

Actually, looking at a map now...it’s Hwy 119 to Taft, then Hwy 33 to 166 to the PCH.
It was Hwy 166 twisting through the mountains there going toward Pismo beach where this happened.
Not sure where I got 43?

Thanks for all the likes...how are you?
I am great! Stress is declining, and I'm happy here on the forum.

I saw your picture... There was something really familiar about your face. Your look totally reminds me of my crowd back in Cali.

I really enjoy your blog. I don't say much as I do not articulate my thoughts very well, but I'm right there with ya on mostly everything you post. It's comfortable here. ... Much admiration.

I hope you're doing well.

I am great! Stress is declining, and I'm happy here on the forum.

I saw your picture... There was something really familiar about your face. Your look totally reminds me of my crowd back in Cali.

I really enjoy your blog. I don't say much as I do not articulate my thoughts very well, but I'm right there with ya on mostly everything you post. It's comfortable here. ... Much admiration.

I hope you're doing well.
Those are very kind word...thanks!
Glad you like the forum and I’m very glad that you and others seem to enjoy most of what I post here on my thread/blog/whatever.
I try to keep one step ahead of where I feel “science” and spirituality will eventually lead us anyhow....with some silly things thrown in. ;)

Funny...I grew up in Bakersfield...hellish place that it is...but I know my way around southern Cali pretty well!
Moved up north here in 2009 and finally escaped to someplace beautiful!
Whereabouts were you?

Those are very kind word...thanks!
Glad you like the forum and I’m very glad that you and others seem to enjoy most of what I post here on my thread/blog/whatever.
I try to keep one step ahead of where I feel “science” and spirituality will eventually lead us anyhow....with some silly things thrown in. ;)

Funny...I grew up in Bakersfield...hellish place that it is...but I know my way around southern Cali pretty well!
Moved up north here in 2009 and finally escaped to someplace beautiful!
Whereabouts were you?
I was born and raised in Fresno County. I lived in Clovis for most of my childhood, heh. Poor girl in a rich town. Lol.

I got the hell out of there at my first opportunity. Haha. Im not a fan of Cali. It's beautiful to visit, but that's about it imo. I'm glad that you escaped as well. ❤️

Though my Dad is buried in Riverside.
I was born and raised in Fresno County. I lived in Clovis for most of my childhood, heh. Poor girl in a rich town. Lol.

I got the hell out of there at my first opportunity. Haha. Im not a fan of Cali. It's beautiful to visit, but that's about it imo. I'm glad that you escaped as well. ❤️
Fresno!
Almost as bad as Bakersfield.
Oh boy....Clovis Lakes!
Hahahaha
We used to go there when I was younger.

Yes...the whole central valley there is like a black hole straight to Hell.
Got really tired of the singular day of rain each year, and the 110 degree heat 5 months out of the year - AND it doesn’t cool down past 95 at night either!
(Running the AC 24/7 and getting huge bills)
The worst air in the nation!
Good riddance!!!

You may say to me, "Sterlin, if I have the stomach virus from hell and it feels like the Tasmanian devil is playing Dance Dance Revolution on my innards, it's not my judgement that my stomach hurts... it hurts!"

And I would say to you that we're both onto something.
Yes, your stomach hurts (apparently), but you make it hurt that much worse when you add a negative story to it.

There's something here that doesn't resonate with me.

It's not that we are 'adding' to the negative story TO it.... But in my experience it's been more like I've been "Contracting" around the pain. That could be all sorts of behaviors like seeking for a cure....or getting angry in my fear of it....or denying it all together and numbing out with a movie. I am familiar with all of these behaviors as I use/have used them myself.

I can tell you from my experiences the more my Mind is involved the less able I am to move my pain where it wants/needs to go.

We are not purposefully adding to suffering just by acknowledging our pain.
If someone told me that statement above I'd get angry...and Contractive...keeping my pain locked. Even if I were to sit in meditation and this 'advice' came floating up in to my mind just by Believing that I am adding to my own pain makes me lock up and Contract. Again my Pain is held in place within me.

For myself I am walking away from ideas such as I am adding to my misery. I prefer to think my pain is a result of big changes going on in my body and I have decided to quit thinking and get out of my way.

It ain't easy though.... Hah! I am a hard headed Taurus after all. ;)