Merkabah | Page 443 | INFJ Forum
There's something here that doesn't resonate with me.

It's not that we are 'adding' to the negative story TO it.... But in my experience it's been more like I've been "Contracting" around the pain. That could be all sorts of behaviors like seeking for a cure....or getting angry in my fear of it....or denying it all together and numbing out with a movie. I am familiar with all of these behaviors as I use/have used them myself.

I can tell you from my experiences the more my Mind is involved the less able I am to move my pain where it wants/needs to go.

We are not purposefully adding to suffering just by acknowledging our pain.
If someone told me that statement above I'd get angry...and Contractive...keeping my pain locked. Even if I were to sit in meditation and this 'advice' came floating up in to my mind just by Believing that I am adding to my own pain makes me lock up and Contract. Again my Pain is held in place within me.

For myself I am walking away from ideas such as I am adding to my misery. I prefer to think my pain is a result of big changes going on in my body and I have decided to quit thinking and get out of my way.

It ain't easy though.... Hah! I am a hard headed Taurus after all. ;)

Yes...I can relate and understand what you mean.
I think...lol. ;)

And yes...you have to acknowledge that it is there if you are going to find some semblance of acceptance.
It’s when people get stuck in bad mental loops where acknowledgment becomes rumination - that causes a lot of difficulty for a lot of folks!
Or it’s very common to medically catastrophize a chronic condition or pain.
I used to always remind myself, but don’t have to hardly at all anymore - I am actually probably healthier and doing better physically than what parts of my brain are blowing out of proportion.
That only makes one feel worse both physically and emotionally when you are stuck in the mindset of exaggerating your suffering.
It’s very easy to get going down that rabbit hole of self-pity and imagined negative prognoses...especially when those physiologic changes start to take place in the brain itself making the battle with depression/anxiety/chronic pain/PTSD/etc. all the more difficult.

I feel in a very similar way Kgal...I don’t look at my pain as something that is attacking me anymore...rather, this is just the process of my genetics...I see the changes, and I see certain things getting worse...but it doesn’t upset me as much or as often anymore.
Like you said, I just get out of it’s way...I can only do what I can to help manage it, but beyond that, there is little reason to actually get upset at the AS or the pain and damage it has wrought.

Yes, I’m a Taurus too remember!?
Hope you are doing well?
Mucho love!
:<3white:

61215206_2391015704295971_724397189962399744_n-jpg.52735

:p hysterical

And how about you?
How is everything?

Sending you lots of good Qi!

Well...we had better get to space...or robot bodies...or an alternate universe...or start living underground...
Mad Max here we come.

New Report Suggests
‘High Likelihood of Human Civilization Coming to an End’ in 2050

The climate change analysis was written by a
former fossil fuel executive and backed by the former chief of Australia's military.
1559582858518-GettyImages-1015903012.jpeg
Image: Mark Garlick/Science Photos Library via Getty Images

A harrowing scenario analysis of how human civilization might collapse in coming decades due to climate change has been endorsed by a former Australian defense chief and senior royal navy commander.

The analysis, published by the Breakthrough National Centre for Climate Restoration, a think-tank in Melbourne, Australia, describes climate change as “a near- to mid-term existential threat to human civilization” and sets out a plausible scenario of where business-as-usual could lead over the next 30 years.

The paper argues that the potentially “extremely serious outcomes” of climate-related security threats are often far more probable than conventionally assumed, but almost impossible to quantify because they “fall outside the human experience of the last thousand years.”

On our current trajectory, the report warns, “planetary and human systems [are] reaching a ‘point of no return’ by mid-century, in which the prospect of a largely uninhabitable Earth leads to the breakdown of nations and the international order.”

The only way to avoid the risks of this scenario is what the report describes as “akin in scale to the World War II emergency mobilization”—but this time focused on rapidly building out a zero-emissions industrial system to set in train the restoration of a safe climate.

The scenario warns that our current trajectory will likely lock in at least 3 degrees Celsius (C) of global heating, which in turn could trigger further amplifying feedbacks unleashing further warming. This would drive the accelerating collapse of key ecosystems “including coral reef systems, the Amazon rainforest and in the Arctic.”

The results would be devastating.
Some one billion people would be forced to attempt to relocate from unlivable conditions, and two billion would face scarcity of water supplies.

Agriculture would collapse in the sub-tropics, and food production would suffer dramatically worldwide.
The internal cohesion of nation-states like the US and China would unravel.

“Even for 2°C of warming, more than a billion people may need to be relocated and in high-end scenarios, the scale of destruction is beyond our capacity to model with a high likelihood of human civilization coming to an end,” the report notes.

The new policy briefing is written by David Spratt, Breakthrough’s research director and Ian Dunlop, a former senior executive of Royal Dutch Shell who previously chaired the Australian Coal Association.

In the briefing’s foreword, retired Admiral Chris Barrie—Chief of the Australian Defence Force from 1998 to 2002 and former Deputy Chief of the Australian Navy—commends the paper for laying “bare the unvarnished truth about the desperate situation humans, and our planet, are in, painting a disturbing picture of the real possibility that human life on Earth may be on the way to extinction, in the most horrible way.”

Barrie now works for the Climate Change Institute at Australian National University, Canberra.

Spratt told Motherboard that a key reason the risks are not understood is that “much knowledge produced for policymakers is too conservative. Because the risks are now existential, a new approach to climate and security risk assessment is required using scenario analysis.”

Last October, Motherboard reported on scientific evidence that the UN’s summary report for government policymakers on climate change—whose findings were widely recognized as “devastating”—were in fact too optimistic.

While the Breakthrough scenario sets out some of the more ‘high end’ risk possibilities, it is often not possible to meaningfully quantify their probabilities. As a result, the authors emphasize that conventional risk approaches tend to downplay worst-case scenarios despite their plausibility.

Spratt and Dunlop’s 2050 scenario illustrates how easy it could be to end up in an accelerating runaway climate scenario which would lead to a largely uninhabitable planet within just a few decades.

“A high-end 2050 scenario finds a world in social breakdown and outright chaos,” said Spratt. “But a short window of opportunity exists for an emergency, global mobilization of resources, in which the logistical and planning experiences of the national security sector could play a valuable role.”

And how about you?
How is everything?

Sending you lots of good Qi!
Well slothing like a boss ;P...a cup of tea and a 3 hour talk might be good medicine, but a 12 volt and some jumper cables could raise my vibes to greater heights ;) Hanging in there though, hoping all of you are doing well. ♡
giphy.gif

More proof of the connectivity that occurs!
Enjoy!

LSD and magic mushrooms could heal damaged
brain cells in people suffering from depression, study shows
Psychedelics could be 'next generation' of safer treatments for mental health
Alex Matthews-King​

dendrite-connections.png

This figure shows the effects of three psychedelics, DMT, LSD, amphetamines (DOI)
and one control (VEH) on neurons in the prefrontal cortex (Ly et al)​

Psychedelic drugs like LSD and ecstasy ingredient MDMA have been shown to stimulate the growth of new branches and connections between brain cells which could help address conditions like depression and addiction.

Researchers in California have demonstrated these substances, banned as illicit drugs in many countries, are capable of rewiring parts of the brain in a way that lasts well beyond the drugs' effects.

This means psychedelics could be the "next generation" of treatments for mental health disorders which could be more effective and safer than existing options, the study's authors from the University of California.

In previous studies by the same team, a single dose of DMT, the key ingredient in ayahuasca medicinal brews of Amazonian tribes, has been shown to help rats overcome a fear of electric shock meant to emulate post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

Now they have shown this dose increases the number of branch-like dendrites sprouting from nerve cells in the rat's brain.

These dendrites end at synapses where their electrical impulses are passed on to other nerve cells and underpin all brain activity.
But they can atrophy and draw back in people with mental health conditions.

“One of the hallmarks of depression is that the neurites in the prefrontal cortex – a key brain region that regulates emotion, mood, and anxiety – those neurites tend to shrivel up,” says Dr David Olson, who lead the research team.

These brain changes also appear in cases of anxiety, addiction, and post-traumatic stress disorder and stimulating them to reconnect could help to address this.

The research, published in the journal Cell Reports today, looked at drugs in several classes including tryptamines, DMT and magic mushrooms; amphetamines, including MDMA; and ergolines, like LSD.

In tests on human brain cells in the lab, flies and rats, it found these substances consistently boosted brain connections.

Dr Olson compared the effects to ketamine, another illicit drug which represents one of the most important new treatments for depression in a generation, and found many psychedelics have equal or greater effects.

A ketamine nasal spray is being fast-tracked through clinical trials after it was shown to rapidly relieve major depression and suicidal thoughts in people who cannot be helped by other treatments.

However its use has to be weighed against its potential for abuse, and its ability to cause a form of drug-induced psychosis.

“The rapid effects of ketamine on mood and plasticity are truly astounding,” said Dr Olson. “The big question we were trying to answer was whether or not other compounds are capable of doing what ketamine does.”

“People have long assumed that psychedelics are capable of altering neuronal structure, but this is the first study that clearly and unambiguously supports that hypothesis."

The fact that many of these drugs seem to mimic the groundbreaking benefits of ketamine opens up an array of new treatment options, which may be less open to abuse, if these drugs can make it to clinical trials.

Dr Olson said: “Ketamine is no longer our only option. Our work demonstrates that there are a number of distinct chemical scaffolds capable of promoting plasticity like ketamine, providing additional opportunities for medicinal chemists to develop safer and more effective alternatives.”

The news that yet more banned substances could help tackle serious and debilitating disease comes as the UK Home Office is embroiled in a row over medicinal cannabis in treating epilepsy.

After months seizure-free, 12-year-old Billy Caldwell had a seizure last night after airport customs officials confiscated his prescription from Canada.

Billy had previously had the UK’s only NHS medical cannabis prescription, for an oil which banished seizures that used to strike 100 times a day, but the Home Office intervened to block his GP from prescribing it.

Well...I certainly did not expect this to happen so soon!
But Denver and now Oakland have decriminalized magic mushrooms!
Hopefully...that means it’s only a matter of time before we follow suit up here in my area.
Good news for those who could use the help they can provide.
Good news for our cognitive freedom.

61958225_2409289429135265_4512361051416690688_n.jpg
An Australian military soldier a couple years ago accidentally used this as TP and ended up killing himself after just over a week.
Crazy.

61975199_2406740442723497_4553867576710529024_n.jpg

62171246_2111123792330894_2409641816023367680_n.jpg

Last edited:
Please don’t call them “shrooms”.
I’m saving you from sounding like a dumbass.
Trust me.
:grimacing:

This also would decriminalize Ayahuasca and several other naturally growing entheogenic plants in these places as well.

I can only hope that those few morons out there who should not be using such things and inevitably will - don't ruin it for everyone else!
I have to say I somewhat agree with the Doctor who testified in the article...I can see his point and share his concern.
Quite honestly though...mushrooms are not as much of a recreational substance as one might expect.
Yes, the experience can be overwhelmingly enjoyable, but it’s also not something you want to do again the next day...or for a couple weeks or months at least...such in the nature of the substance and how it works in the brain.

I should totally start my own Chronic Pain Retreat! :)
Anyone want to invest(?)...I’m actually somewhat serious....lol.
Besides...I would be a great cult leader.
We could combine guided sessions with a meditative spiritual retreat up here in the trees...get some Reiki folks...some counselors/therapists...acupuncturist...some masseuses...a past life regressionist(lol)...a few float tanks...a sauna or two...a decent chef/nutritionist who can cook “detoxing” foods while there...exactly ONE hippie to play the drums during bonfires and then go away otherwise...a yoga teacher, etc.
@Sensiko can play her concert harp or piano therapeutically while people find some relief!
That would kick ass...just saying.

Thoughts on the article or otherwise?
Enjoy!

Oakland in California legalizes magic mushrooms and peyote
Elizabeth Weise and Marco della Cava, USA TODAY
Published 2:40 a.m. ET June 5, 2019 | Updated 3:02 a.m. ET June 5, 2019

B9336511818Z.1_20190509001800_000_GHEOI8B7H.2-0.jpg

Psychedelic mushrooms appear bound for decriminalization in Denver.

SAN FRANCISCO – First pot, now ‘shrooms’.
Oakland City Council in California on Tuesday voted unanimously to decriminalize hallucinogenic fungi, otherwise known as “magic mushrooms.”

The vote makes Oakland the second U.S. city to legalize the natural hallucinogens after Denver decriminalized them on May 8.

The city council’s vote directed law enforcement to cease investigating and prosecuting individuals for using or possessing drugs sourced from plants, cacti and – most commonly – mushrooms that contain the hallucinogen psilocybin.

Denver’s historic move last month was the result of a narrowly won popular vote.
Oakland's public safety commission advanced the resolution to the city council last week.

dca75483-394f-4eb6-a394-de8de790b967-VPC_DENVER_DECRIMINALIZED_MUSHROOMS_DESK_THUMB.png

Denver becomes first U.S. city to decriminalize 'magic mushrooms'

Advocates argued that naturally-occurring drugs such as mushrooms and cacti have been used by various cultures for hundreds of years for everything from spiritual quests to helping battle psychiatric imbalances such as post-traumatic stress syndrome.

They say legalizing mushrooms would free law enforcement to tackle higher-priority issues.

Oakland councilman Loren Taylor added several amendments to the resolution offering guidance for users, which were accepted by the council.

They included suggestions that adults who chose to use hallucinogenic fungi begin with very small amounts so that they can see how they react before they use larger amounts.

Another was that users seek expert guidance and consider having a trusted friend with them who is sober during their journey.

Prior to the vote, more than 30 people lined up to offer their testimony about the resolution.

Most were supporters, saying that these plant medicines, as they called them, were helpful for trauma, depression, addiction and anxiety.
Many described years of addiction and pain before they began using these hallucinogens and found relief.

One speaker was Susana Eager Valadez, director of the Huichol Center for Cultural Survival and Traditional Arts.
It supports the people of the Wixárika tribe in Mexico, who use peyote in their religious and cultural ceremonies.

She noted that indigenous cultures use hallucinogenic plants in a ritual way, not casually, and are guided by shamans and elders, she said.
Americans can learn from their example to create their own rituals.

“It’s the plants that are going to bring us back to sanity. We've got to listen to their message and we’ve got to live reciprocally with nature and restore the natural order,” she said.

Not all those who testified supported decriminalization.

Michael Clarendon, a physician who lives in Oakland, said he had reviewed the medical literature and didn’t believe it supported the broad use of hallucinogenic fungi.

“Indigenous people use mushrooms in controlled rituals, not recreationally,” he said. “The most responsible course for the city council would be to put this on hold to see what happens in Denver and what the response is there,” he said.

Supporters hope the decision will begin a nationwide discussion about decriminalizing plant-based drugs by showing "if you have a progressive city council, things can change quickly,” said Carlos Plazola, director of Decriminalize Nature Oakland, one of the main organizations pushing the initiative.

The resolution was presented by Oakland City Council member Noel Gallo.

“We have many mental challenges on our streets today, and it’s important to be able to freely provide whatever medicinal support we can, including the use of plants that have beneficial effects for thousands of years,” Gallo said.

There are also efforts underway in Oregon to put the decriminalization of mushrooms on that state’s 2020 ballot.

In Iowa, Republican state Rep. Jeff Shipley pushes a mushroom bill in the state’s legislature.

2ddf53c4-256a-4f62-a3ce-fcad498222a8-AP_Magic_Mushrooms-Denver_Vote.jpg

Bags of psilocybin mushrooms, left, are seen displayed at a pop-up cannabis market in Los Angeles on Monday, May 6, 2019.
Voters decided on May 8 that Denver will become the first U.S. city to decriminalize the use of psilocybin,
the psychedelic substance in "magic mushrooms.”

Last edited:
I always enjoy this video...it’s just bizarre.
Could it be some sort of “sun dog”?
If so...those are usually not moving...and so rapidly too.
It almost seems to behave like plasma of some sort.
Then of course...the video could just be a fake...though this one has been looked at by a lot of people still unable to call it that.
It would be a trip to see such a thing!
:fearscream:

Strange light in sky, Greenwood, Indiana.

A few favorites by a favorite...

150620-troy-gibran-tease_aihc6i

“Trees are poems the earth writes upon the sky,
We fell them down and turn them into paper,
That we may record our emptiness.”
― Kahlil Gibran

“Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.”
― Kahlil Gibran

“One day you will ask me which is more important?
My life or yours?
I will say mine and you will walk away not knowing that you are my life.”
― Khalil Gibran

“I have found both freedom and safety in my madness;
the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood,
for those who understand us enslave something in us.”
― Kahlil Gibran, The Madman

“And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair”
― Khalil Gibran, The Prophet

“I AM IGNORANT of absolute truth.
But I am humble before my ignorance and therein lies my honor and my reward.”
― Khalil Gibran

“But if you love and must needs have desires, let these be your desires:
To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night.
To know the pain of too much tenderness.
To be wounded by your own understanding of love;
And to bleed willingly and joyfully.
To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving;
To rest at noon hour and meditate love's ecstasy;
To return home at eventide with gratitude;
And then to sleep with a prayer for the beloved in your heart and a song of praise on your lips.”
― Kahlil Gibran

“They deem me mad because I will not sell my days for gold;
and I deem them mad because they think my days have a price.”
― Khalil Gibran, Sand and Foam

“You have been told that, even like a chain,
you are as weak as your weakest link.
This is but half the truth.
You are also as strong as your strongest link.
To measure you by your smallest deed is to reckon the power of the ocean
by the frailty of its foam.
To judge you by your failures is to cast blame upon the seasons for their inconstancy.”
― Kahlil Gibran, The Prophet

“Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry,
the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children.”
― Kahlil Gibran, Mirrors of the Soul

“When you reach the end of what you should know, you will be at the beginning of what you should sense.”
― Kahlil Gibrán, Sand and Foam

13226644_1046921352049437_3801126519443513659_n.jpg

13754285_1104641029610802_6667680957576058709_n.jpg

22893973_1675696095838623_2161209847705687197_n.jpg

59497011_2632706663470890_743408476151087104_n.jpg

59553843_2630425680365655_6201206779922087936_n.jpg

60132029_2646263828781840_8061174532464967680_n.jpg

61778826_10218948831849468_1501627743295504384_n.jpg

60135127_2637493399658883_4410770532107026432_n.jpg

62471056_2300583696685655_3920684243595821056_n.jpg

61990806_2485916978107596_5059148845334659072_n.jpg

@Milktoast Bandit

Saw this one and thought of you...in the nicest way of course!

62023469_2483384411694186_4928259914557554688_n.jpg

Last edited:
Is the secretary/ bookkeepers position filled yet? I'd like to put in my app :p
Of course you may have it...and our first line of business is - there is no money.
Bake sale?

How are you?

Of course you may have it...and our first line of business is - there is no money.
Bake sale?

How are you?
Yay! I'll take it ;)

Bake sale hell, I'm a magician at setting up and executing fundraisers ... we'll have to go big tho, really, really big, just incase we need bail money later :D

How am I...How are you all? It's summer, whoohoo much going on here ;)
Today I'm doing ok. My Aunt, which lived in Tennessee, passed away early this morning. At 83, she had a fall last week and broke an arm, and the stress I guess caused her to have a heart attack this morning near as they can reckon. She had a DNR, so my Uncle let her go. She'd had a bad fall about 6 years ago and needed a hip replaced from it, and she has used a walker since, kind of hard to walk with a walker and a broken arm. She'd been born and raised in Bakersfield, TN. Sweet, sweet southern lady, she'll be missed by many.

So because I needed to work out my feelings, I weeded my flower garden under my apple tree :D Dodging snakes, cabbage worms in my hair, slugs sneaking around, big chubby bumble bees wizzing past and even landed a tick on my arm! Yuck. LOL

Natural things call for natural remedies, and death certianly is natural. I absolutely hate the grief and body death process. I don't react like others at the time someone dies because to me it's simply a transition from one form to another, no need for worry and chaos...my family doesn't understand this about me. This is why getting outside in the dirt and connecting with earth was good medicine! My feet were pure filth though from being barefoot, but...there is something to getting grubby and dirty then showering all that down the drain...cleansing, because the sadness flows away with the water. ;)

Hoping things are well with you all there. ❤

Yay! I'll take it ;)

Bake sale hell, I'm a magician at setting up and executing fundraisers ... we'll have to go big tho, really, really big, just incase we need bail money later :D

How am I...How are you all? It's summer, whoohoo much going on here ;)
Today I'm doing ok. My Aunt, which lived in Tennessee, passed away early this morning. At 83, she had a fall last week and broke an arm, and the stress I guess caused her to have a heart attack this morning near as they can reckon. She had a DNR, so my Uncle let her go. She'd had a bad fall about 6 years ago and needed a hip replaced from it, and she has used a walker since, kind of hard to walk with a walker and a broken arm. She'd been born and raised in Bakersfield, TN. Sweet, sweet southern lady, she'll be missed by many.

So because I needed to work out my feelings, I weeded my flower garden under my apple tree :D Dodging snakes, cabbage worms in my hair, slugs sneaking around, big chubby bumble bees wizzing past and even landed a tick on my arm! Yuck. LOL

Natural things call for natural remedies, and death certianly is natural. I absolutely hate the grief and body death process. I don't react like others at the time someone dies because to me it's simply a transition from one form to another, no need for worry and chaos...my family doesn't understand this about me. This is why getting outside in the dirt and connecting with earth was good medicine! My feet were pure filth though from being barefoot, but...there is something to getting grubby and dirty then showering all that down the drain...cleansing, because the sadness flows away with the water. ;)

Hoping things are well with you all there. ❤

Oh god Sandie I’m sorry to hear of her passing!
I hope it was fast for her and she wasn’t in much pain.
I can totally understand getting out and doing something like that to process emotions and whatnot, I’m glad that you have a good outlet and outlook an the whole thing.
As natural as it is, it is still sad to see someone go if only for the reason that they cannot share their voice and light with us for a time.
But yes...I see death in much the same way...if not the same way.
Let me know if you wanna talk more about....PM me if you need!

Hmmmm?
Bail money?
No way!
It will be decriminalized here in a heartbeat now that Denver AND Oakland have done it...Portland will and WA will follow.
Hell...it’s funny but some of the most hallucinogenic mushrooms you can find grow in nearly every public park in Portland at certain times of the year.
There are already people who serve as “guides”, and people pay them a crap ton of money too.
I would feel badly taking someone’s money for something of which I feel so strongly about the healing abilities.
Hence the rest of the services - you are basically paying for the other services while the mushrooms would technically be free the way I see it.
There is probably some good legal loophole there hahaha!
And that way...services can be a la cart...for those who cannot afford the whole package.

:hug:

Much love to you and your family Sandie....may your weekend be peaceful and I hope there and not too many tears.
You know where to find me.

62084766_2712202612187961_7130465788120530944_n.jpg

62323147_2417026011694940_1329512744294023168_n.jpg