Merkabah | Page 276 | INFJ Forum
Three Realities
Reality with a capital "R" - The two/three Truths (Two Truths and One Truth)

shutterstock_210000454_web_1024.jpg

M Alan Kazlev 2009​

three_realities.gif

The above metaphysical diagram is a provisonal and partial attempt at an explanation of everything.
It is inspired by Kabbalistic and Yogic diagrams of worlds and koshas, Proclus' and Hegel's triad of thesis, antithesis, and synthesis, Sri Aurobindo's distinction between nirvana and integral ascent-descent leading to Supramentalisation, and Ken Wilber's AQAL diagram.

It shows the Three Realities or primary hypostases : Relative (lower left), Absolute (upper left), and the supramental synthesis of the two (right).

The lower left segment represents the Three Worlds of multiplicity or relative existence.

The three worlds are:
  1. exoteric, outer, historical reality, which is the sphere of evolution. This is the outer band; the default, dualistic, baseline, current human state of consciousness, characterised by the dichotomyof self and nonself. Movement from here to any other band or quadrant involves stages of transformation
  2. gnosis and esoteric reality, represented by the inner bands and inner consciousness, which represent succesive strata of consciousness
  3. Realization (represented by the innermost band); both "Intermediate Zone" and complete Realization. From this state of inmost consciousnes, duality and/or nonduality one has the choice of whether to enter into transcendence (Yoga of Ascent) or continue to evolve and so perfect the world (Yoga of Descent/Integral Yoga).
I haven't included the Intraphysical or Inconscient here, I guess it would require a third dimension, changing the circle into a sphere.

The upper left segment represents the timeless unchanging state of nirvana, transcendence, moksha, and the Absolute Reality, thatness or thusness (jnana yoga, nonduality) as well as Godhead(bhakti yoga).

Liberation means progressing from the lower left to the higher upper left of the diagram.
This is what Sri Aurobindo calls the yoga of ascent, which means rejecting the world in favor of transcendent realization.

It includes everything from traditional mysticism and yoga to 19th to 21st century perennialist nonduality teachings.

The immanent transformation from unperfected to perfected existence (bottom of diagram) constitutes actualisation of further hypostases and stages of transformation beyond nonduality, culminating in physical divinisation, which includes both Aurobindonian Supramentalization, Teilhardian Omega Point, and Transhumanist/Singularitan aspects; these together constituting the integral singularity.

The opposite, transcendent transformation (top of diagram) can be interpreted in terms of Gnostic, Lurianic, and Theonist ideas of conversion or redemption of fallen godheads (aeons) or or restoration or perfection of transcendent ones, as in the Luranic idea of the world of Atzilutic tikkun (Gnosticism however doesn't give the whole picture because of its excessively dualistic and world-negating worldview).

The classical idea of apocatastasis, which may refer either to an individual or cosmological restoration of perfection, seems to be a juxtoposition of both Yoga of Ascent (Liberation, left of diagram) and Yoga of Descent (transformation, bottom of diagram), sometimes tending more to the Hindu/Buddhist/Sufi ideal of moksha/nirvana/fana, and sometimes to the messianic dream of cosmic perfection.

However, Supramentalization, as with the equivalent concept of tikkun olam (repair of the world) of Lurianic Kabbalah, refers not a return to an original harmony but to a totally new state.

The right half is the Supramental state, which combines both transcendence (upper left) and evolution and multiplicity (lower left) in a single Integral Realization, or in other words Divination.

This constitutes the culmination of the "yoga of descent", which means bringing the Divine down into matter and the Inconscient, transforming the world from within.

Interpreting the Chain of Being
From Esoteric Great Chain of Being to Postmodern Great Nest of Being

One of the central elements in Ken Wilber's teaching is the concept of the Great Chain of Being, an unbroken continuum or spectrum of levels of being - or as I would term it an ontological gradation - from God or the Absolute down to matter.

Although the Great Chain of Being represents a central element of what Aldous Huxley (following Leibnitz) called the Perennial Philosophy and Huston Smith the Primordial Tradition, it is probably not as universal as is sometimes claimed.

This concept is found in sophisticated form in Middle and Neoplatonism and Gnosticism in the late Classical World.
From Neoplatonism it spread to Christianity and the Islamic world, and it was also assimilated into Kabbalah.

In India it plays a big part in Kashmir Shaivism and other traditions, although it is never as widespread as it is in the West, due to a preponderance of Monism.

In Taoism it appears in only undeveloped form.
In the philosophical and naturalistic West it reaches a culmination in the 18th through to early 19th century continental philosophers (especially evolutionary schools of German Idealism and Nature Philosophy), and was never as strongly developed in the East.

In the late 19th and 20th century it was revived by Theosophy and Hermeticism (Theon, Golden Dawn, etc), and in India in the teachings of Sri Aurobindo.

Theosophical versions are influential in aspects of the New Age movement.

It is however necessary to distinguish between an esoteric-occult interpretation of a series of ontological gradations, planes, and worlds from Spirit to Matter, and an evolutionary physicalistic one of a "temporalized" Great Chain of Being by which matter evolves to Godhead.

Wilber's Integral Philosophy unambiguously rejects the former in favor of the latter.
In his more mature work (Wilber-IV and V) Wilber scraps the traditional concept of supraphysical planes and emanations of existence as a sort of hold-over from the past that will prevent a fuller acceptance and understanding of an evolutionary Chain of Being.

" In my opinion, we want to keep as much as possible of the great traditional systems while jettisoning their unnecessary metaphysical interpretations, interpretations that not only are not necessary to explain the same set of data, but interpretations that guarantee that spirituality will not get a fair hearing in the court of modern and postmodern thought."

Excerpt G: Toward A Comprehensive Theory of Subtle Energies - Part I. Introduction: From the Great Chain of Being to Postmodernism in Three Easy Steps

The metaphysical interpretations Wilber refers to are precisely those that involve the idea of realities that are totally non-physical or supra-physical in nature.

Mind beyond body, soul beyond mind....
This concept - presented as a central thesis in Professor Huston Smith's synthesis (see Forgotten Truth) and central to all esoteric cosmology and cosmognosis, naturally does not fit comfortably with the rationalistic, physicalistic position of the secular Western world.

Hence Wilber has to tone down metaphysics and esotericism, make it digestible to the modern reader, for whom the existence of esoteric and occult planes, worlds, and forces are unpalatable.

Like Jung, Wilber straddles two worlds.
But Jung's attempt at synthesis - the Collective Unconscious - is too fuzzy, too amorphous and prone to New Ageism.

So Jung was never accepted by the mainstream.
Wilber's formulation is much drier, less poetry, less "wonderworld" and romantic.

It is shown in the following diagram.

greatnestofbeing.gif

Here we can see that Spirit includes Soul, Mind, Life and Matter, Soul includes Mind, Life and Matter, and so on down to Matter, which only includes itself. This is indicated by the letters mind [A + B + C] etc on the left of the diagram, where A equals matter, B, life and so on to E (Spirit).

Thus the traditional occult-esoteric Great Chain metaphor is replaced by the Kosmos (the totality) as a "Great Nest of Being", with concentric circles where each ascending level includes (in the manner of Koestler's holons) and transcends the previous level [A Brief History of Everything], as shown in the above diagram.

My feeling is that Wilber's attempt here at bridging the divide will be a lot more successful than Jung's.
He says things more clearly and succinctly, his own metaphysic is easier to digest than Jung's, he uses the methodology of postmodernism that is popular in academia, and society has moreover moved on since Jung's time, through the assimilation of many previous radical and fringe ideas into the mainstream, as the New Age of the 60s and 70s has become the mainstream of the 90s and 00s.

One reason why this cosmology will not be threatening to the secular physicalistic West is that this approach rejects the possibility of mind without life and matter, soul without mind, life and matter, etc.

It is not reductionistic materialism, but what I call holomaterialism, a materialism which encompasses mind and spirit as part of an integral unity.

The only exception to this subtle materialism is the original emanation of the cosmos, and a token reference to reincarnation, which after all is part and parcel of the Eastern worldview, but sits uncomfortably in this otherwise secular-friendly metaphysic.

The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success

Reactions: Free and Skarekrow
My appologies...I had written a blurb and then changed my mind. I can't delete so I erased. ;)

You don’t have a Delete button on your screen?
For me, it’s right next to the Edit button on the lower left corner of my post.
It wasn’t always there...but it showed up one day.
Hope you are well today?

You don’t have a Delete button on your screen?
For me, it’s right next to the Edit button on the lower left corner of my post.
It wasn’t always there...but it showed up one day.
Hope you are well today?
I've found the delete button. I had forgotten @hush had said we had the option now...:D
I'm doing well, but freezing cold. I appreciate your asking.

I had icicles growing on my eyelashes earlier...Was snow blowing the drive because the plow truck has a leak in the hydrolic hose and I can't get the tap off to change it...lol. Jane of all tasks master of NoThing :p

Hope you are well also...I enjoy reading through the posts in this thread. Thank you to you and your fellow posters. Have a beautiful day!

16649404_1407093555988173_476091974919614471_n.jpg

In this mind-side of nature, invisible to our senses, intangible to our instruments of precision,
many things can happen that are not without their echo on the physical plane.
There are beings that live in this invisible world as fish live in the sea.
There are men and women with trained minds, or special aptitudes, who can enter into this invisible world as a diver descends to the ocean-bed,
There are also times when, as happens to land when the sea-dykes break, the invisible forces flow in upon us and swamp lives.​

-Dion Fortune​

16406847_1400543763309819_5376956806830326470_n.jpg

Artificial Elementals.

These are, distinguished from thought-forms by the fact that, once formulated by the creative mind of the magician, they posses a distinct and independent life of their own, though strictly conditioned as to nature by the concept of their creator.
The life of these creatures is akin to that of an electric battery, it slowly leaks out by means of radiation,
and unless recharged periodically, will finally weaken and die out.
The whole question of the making, charging, recharging, or destruction of these artificial elements is an important one in practical occultism.

The artificial elemental is constructed by forming a clear-cut image in the imagination of the creature it is intended to create, ensouling it with something of the corresponding aspect of one’s own being, and then invoking into it the appropriated natural force.
This method can be used for good as well as evil, and “guardian angels” are formed in this way.
It is said that dying women, anxious concerning the welfare of their children, frequently form them unconsciously.

-Dion Fortune​

16298990_1392837567413772_5352392908086591006_n.jpg

Until the aura is pierced, there can be no entrance to the soul,
and the aura is always pierced from within by the response of fear or desire going out towards the attacking entity.
If we can inhibit that instinctive emotional reaction, the edges of the aura will remain impenetrable,
and will be as sure a defense against psychic invasion as the healthy and unbroken skin is a defense against bacterial infection.

It is a well-known cosmic law that everything moves in circles, and wherever forces we send out, and wherever thought-forms we extrude from our auras, unless absorbed by the object to which they are directed, will return to us in due course.
One of the most effective, and also one of the most widely practiced methods of occult defense is to refuse to react to an attack,
neither accepting nor neutralizing the forces projected against one, and thus turning them back on their sender.

Psychic attacks by humans beings are not things which can be maintained indefinitely because they use up too much energy.

-Dion Fortune​

15826753_1369642529733276_8155742439312967420_n.jpg

Working with your Projective and Receptive Hand.

PROJECTIVE ENERGY:
Projective energy is the process of directing energy.
Your dominant hand is used to project, to send energy out.

Hold your wand or athame in your projective hand to project your spell out into the universe.
Use your projective hand to consecrate items, infuse energy into objects and send healing vibrations.

RECEPTIVE ENERGY:
Perceptive energy is the process of receiving energy.
Your off hand is used to receive.

Hold items in your receptive hand to draw and absorb energy from them.
Use your receptive hand to ‘feel’ the energy of an object, hold a person’s projective hand to receive energy from them.

Some examples:

Let's say you want to charge your quartz crystal on the next full moon.
You would stand outside under the Moon.

Hold the quartz crystal in your projective hand.
Use your receptive hand to draw the energy of the Moon into your hand, down your arm, through your body, down your projective arm, through your projective hand, to charge the stone.

Make sense?

Most of us are healers in some capacity, while you may find you naturally work with both hands during healing, you should be concentrating on sending that energy with your right hand (or dominant hand) and receiving it with your left (or “weaker hand”).

During meditation try holding your left hand with the palm up to facilitate receiving energy as this is one of the many places you will receive energy.

If you are able to use both hands equally, you want to spend some time sensing the energy in your hands, and determine which one you feel more comfortable using to send energy.​

Grounding and centering

When you ground yourself you are either shedding your excess energy or replenishing yourself to balance your energy levels.
Grounding helps to prevent the body from becoming too tired or energetic and can replenish your energy after doing spiritual work or magick.

Centering allows someone to centralize his or her power someplace inside the body.
This is beneficial because when casting a spell, you will be able to access 1 center of power instead of your power being spread across your body.

Most people center themselves in the navel and I suggest that for now you do as well, but when you are more advanced you can put your center of power anywhere you wish.​

15356481_1338323592865170_7676085618412564383_n.jpg

15032730_1310220685675461_863086939493791049_n.jpg

14956591_1299246520106211_3949582339617525758_n.jpg

THE STILL SMALL VOICE (Astral)

There exists a particular mystical sound that the yogi must learn to hear.
The Aztecs knew this mystical sound.

Let us remember the hill of Chupullepec (The hill of the cricket)

In ancient Rome, during the time of the Caesars, the cricket was sold in golden cages at a very high price.
Magicians of ancient Rome bought crickets in order to employ them in practical magic.

If we have the cricket close to the head of our bed when we are meditating on its beautiful song, we will hear the ‘slill voice ‘ in the instant of slumber.
This phenomenon is equivalent to the phenomenon of two pianos that are equally tuned.

If we play for example, the note TI on either piano, the other piano will repeat the same note without the touch of the human hand.
This vibratory phenomenon is very interesting, and it can be proven by anyone.

This exact phenomenon also happens with the mysterious sound of the cricket.
There exists in the human brain the music sound that resounds when the cricket sings.

It is a matter of affinity and vibration.

Whosoever hears the ‘still voice ‘ can travel instantly into the astral plane at any time.
If the devotee concentrates on the sound of the cricket, or if the Yogi meditates on the sound of the cricket and goes to sleep while listening to the sound of the cricket, suddenly the same mystic sound, tone or ‘still voice ‘ will resound within his brain, and the doors of mystery will then be opened.

During this instant, the Gnostic can rise from bed naturally and depart from his home in the astral body.

Every devotee must learn how to hear the ‘still voice’.
The devotee can perform marvelous wonders and prodigies with this mystical sound.

If the devotee wants to hear this mystical sound his concentration must be perfect.
To begin with, the student will hear many sounds, yet, if he concentrates intensively on the sound of the cricket, eventually he will hear this sound and will attain victory.

We inevitably attain illumination with this mystical sound.

With the grace of the Divine Mother, every devotee can have the joy of hearing the mystical sound that grants us the instantaneous projection of the astral body.

The devotee who wishes to perform these practices with success must meditate internally until he truly feels the state of slumber.
You must know that every esoteric exercise of meditation, if practiced with a lack of the sleepy state, is useless, sterile, because it damages the mind and harms the brain.

Therefore, internal meditation must be intelligently combined with the sleepy state.

If the Gnostic student does not have this marvelous cricket when practicing this exercise, then he must pronounce the letter ‘S’.
This letter must be pronounced like a fine and delicate whistle, like this: ssssssssssssssssssss (lips opened and upper and lower teeth together).

Behind this fine sound dwells the ‘still voice ‘ that permits us to project instantaneously in astral body.

The devotee should be in a very comfortable position in order to practice correct internal meditation.​

-The Yellow Book, Samael Aun Weor​

16298990_1392837567413772_5352392908086591006_n.jpg

and the aura is always pierced from within by the response of fear or desire going out towards the attacking entity.
If we can inhibit that instinctive emotional reaction, the edges of the aura will remain impenetrable,
and will be as sure a defense against psychic invasion as the healthy and unbroken skin is a defense against bacterial infection.

It is a well-known cosmic law that everything moves in circles, and wherever forces we send out, and wherever thought-forms we extrude from our auras, unless absorbed by the object to which they are directed, will return to us in due course.
One of the most effective, and also one of the most widely practiced methods of occult defense is to refuse to react to an attack,
neither accepting nor neutralizing the forces projected against one, and thus turning them back on their sender.

Psychic attacks by humans beings are not things which can be maintained indefinitely because they use up too much energy.

-Dion Fortune​
When one is able to see another's aura there is some truth to this. However, I have to question that "the aura is 'always' pierced from within. Unless I'm reading out of context, most woundings to a souls aura come from outside inward. The seen evidence of attack or wounds (again relies on if you can view another's aura) appear as black translucent holes. In the same regards, when viewing a persons self-healing these wounds begin to appear pink and light yellow and lightest blue amid the black (not to be nasty, but to give a visual, like a scab covers the wound on the skin).

Just throwing that out there...When looking at a person and viewing their aura it, (the aura), is a rainbow mix of colors in continual motion, moving in and out and around the person and not a solid or static any one color. I've only met two people with no blackish areas in their aura. Instead, the two women, both Shamans, had large areas of white, very pale blue and an almost silver color to them. They too practiced astral projection. I attributed their bright colors as a mark that they vibrated at a higher energy level. :)

If the devotee concentrates on the sound of the cricket, or if the Yogi meditates on the sound of the cricket and goes to sleep while listening to the sound of the cricket, suddenly the same mystic sound, tone or ‘still voice ‘ will resound within his brain, and the doors of mystery will then be opened.

Thant's interesting. I've always thought that the sound of crickets, particularly at night time was quite magical. I love being in these noisy places.

Last edited:
Reactions: Free and Skarekrow

Traditional Cultures have always known the benefit of Ritual

Today Indigenous people are still deeply connected to rituals as an inherent part of their daily lives.
This connection brings a sacredness and power to even the most “mundane” aspects of existence and it imbues basic tasks with love and connection.

I’ve experienced this while sitting in circle with Aboriginal elders, singing as the women prepared food together.
The coming together in song and community brought a reverence and intimacy that made the chopping of the vegetables a complete joy.

The simple ritual of food preparation became a celebration, an opportunity to be with each other and enjoy the abundance of life.
Another memory of the power of ritual I have is sitting on the land in circle, in the Andes preparing a Despacho (sacred offering) with shamans.

Being out on the land in this way, remembering Pachamama (mother earth) and all she gifts us with; water, air, food, life itself, felt so right and so good to have the opportunity to express my gratitude in a tangible way.

Other potent memories of ritual include the sacred devotional offerings I’ve been taught to perform by my teachers in India and have shared in, during sacred rituals in the moist, balmy temples of this land still so connected to the sacred.

I love the bhakti of Puja, where we offer symbolic items honouring the Divine, or the rituals of purification, dance and chant, that are outwardly different, but inwardly the same, across the planet.

These are really special rituals I’ve been blessed to take part in, but you don’t need to travel to the Andes, Ganges or Uluru and other sacred places, to perform rituals. Certainly Indigenous Elders bring an extra power to the rituals they perform, as they are part of an unbroken lineage of spiritual connection and ritual, and any opportunity to learn from Indigenous teachers is very precious.

Their rituals are a vital part of their everyday lives and they have an expanded consciousness and connection to the land and Great Spirit.
But you and I can imbue our own lives with greater potency, peace, and joy, through embracing some simple daily rituals.

In essence a ritual is about bringing sacredness into your life, and about honouring something greater than you and I.
It is about honouring the mystery, and the bringer of life in all things, from the flowers, to the trees, to the birds, the tiny caterpillar glistening on a fresh leaf, or the waking sun, and the moonlight.

There is a divine force that moves through all things, like a river, enlivening all of life.
It is the same force that moves the plant to flower, the wolf to howl, or lights up a baby’s face.

As we become more aware of this higher force moving in our lives and express our gratitude for it, it expands and colours daily life with a radiance and light that connects us to all living things.

The science behind rituals

Associate Professor of Psychology and Cognitive Scientist, Christine Legare has studied rituals for many years and has discovered there are a few key ways in which people trust rituals.

What makes a ritual feel effective, is the same from ancient Egypt to modern-day Brazil.
Christine says that rituals reflects how our minds work. “We don’t actually know how most things work,” she says, “so we do a lot of imitating.”

According to Legare, in a chaotic world rituals offer us the illusion of control over what we want to happen.

A series of investigations by psychologists have revealed interesting new results that are not surprising.
Their research demonstrates that rituals can have a causal impact on people’s thoughts, feelings, and behaviors.

Other experiments by psychologists, into grief and ritual, showed that people who engaged in a ritual after the death of a loved one or loss of a close relationship, felt less grief about the loss.

Rituals, like birthday celebrations, weddings, funerals, coming of age parties, are an important way we gather together with our communities and loved ones.

Today rituals have become more secular and materialistic, but essentially the desire behind them is the same, to connect, celebrate, and be grateful for life and its expression.

Increasingly ancient rituals are returning and finding a place in modern society: rituals such as blessing way ceremonies for mothers before they birth their child, or rituals for girls as they enter womanhood and start menstruating.

Today there are camps or outdoor activities for men and boys, Women’s Healing Circles, Full Moon circles, Earth Healing Circles, and so many more beautiful ritual gatherings that are evolving as we acknowledge our primal need and desire to be together in sacred ways that are healing and transformational for us.

Yoga, at its roots, a deeply sacred practice, and preparation for higher connection and communion with the Divine, may start off as exercise for many, but quite soon becomes something sacred that nourishes the spirit as well as the physical.

Simple rituals to practice

There are some very basic rituals you can add to your life that will greatly enhance and transform your outlook, and over time, your life.
Yogic wisdom says that thoughts lead to actions, your actions become habits and your habits determine your character, and ultimately your character determines your destiny.

As the late Wayne Dyer said:
"You do not attract what you want, you attract what you are.”

Rituals put us in contact with the forces moving the universe, that energy that is within all life.
We are said to have about 25,000 mornings as an adult. How will you start your day?

Will you start with sacredness, with a ritual that sets your day as an amazing opportunity to be alive and connect with other people and animals, an opportunity to express your creativity and enjoy this beautiful planet, or will you drag yourself out of bed going: “Oh God, another day of work!”

Starting your day with a simple five minute ritual can change the way you experience life over time.

Rituals like: Space clearing, Gratitude, Blessing your food, Prayer, or Chanting can greatly enhance your life.
Being in nature is one of the most blessed resources we have.

I love to sit in nature and reflect.
To listen, to be with myself, on the ground, at one with all of life.

Watching the wind move through the leaves, or the first rays of light shoot forth into the sky, sitting under the stars, walking in the local national parks, or being beside a river in the rain forest, is deeply restorative.

Nature helps us reset.
By bringing in regular mindful times in nature you can truly transform your life.

Just sitting, being and listening in nature can bring forth insights, understanding and answers.
Problems are solved and life resets itself, the pieces naturally falling into place.

Space Clearing

Creating a sacred space in your home is one of the most beautiful and health giving rituals you can do.
Creating some sort of an altar where you can place images of loved ones, masters, elements of nature, crystals, or whatever you are inspired by or that connects you to Source, instantly elevates your space to something more sacred.

Sitting at your altar and feeling gratitude, or meditating, is a great way to connect to your heart and to all of life.
Temples and sacred places around the planet were made sacred by the devotional practices and rituals that took place within them.

Your home and your body can become temples if you treat your space with reverence.
You can sanctify the space in your home through conscious cleaning and space clearing.

Regular smudging or use of sound, sacred music and chants, and burning incense can keep your home a sacred space that will nourish and support you.

Self healing rituals

Rituals are habits that support you during challenging times.
A regular ritual, such as a meditation or yoga practice, brings the inner resilience and pathways of neural calm so that you are resourced when you are faced with potential derailment from life’s road trains.

Rituals bring relief when everything is falling to pieces.
Having a daily sacred practice of some sort holds you together when things fall apart.

Because relationships do break up, jobs end, friendships have bumpy bits, people die, illness hits, and the unexpected happens.
And it’s at these times, that we need an inner resilience, something that can help us navigate the foggy territory of human suffering.

While yes, sometimes we need to fall apart, it is helpful to have something to fall into, a cushion that will break your fall and support you to eventually get back up again.

Chanting

There are many sacred chants in ancient seed languages, or light languages of power, such as Sanskrit, which carry more potency as they are closer to the source.

Words can divide and words can be a pathway to divinity.
Sacred chants alter your physicality and your surroundings.

You can do it while cooking, cleaning and driving.
You can also chant a powerful mantra internally as a way of purifying an atmosphere when you are in a difficult or potentially explosive situation, such as conflict.

Keys to creating rituals
  • Start small
  • Make it a daily commitment.
  • Do something you enjoy.
  • Be kind to yourself if you forget or don’t do your ritual.
There are so many rituals to choose from.
The best is to create your own ritual that suits you and your life and your spiritual beliefs.

Basically a ritual must evoke something greater than yourself.
It must bring you peace, and help you to experience your true nature.

When one is able to see another's aura there is some truth to this. However, I have to question that "the aura is 'always' pierced from within. Unless I'm reading out of context, most woundings to a souls aura come from outside inward. The seen evidence of attack or wounds (again relies on if you can view another's aura) appear as black translucent holes. In the same regards, when viewing a persons self-healing these wounds begin to appear pink and light yellow and lightest blue amid the black (not to be nasty, but to give a visual, like a scab covers the wound on the skin).

Just throwing that out there...When looking at a person and viewing their aura it, (the aura), is a rainbow mix of colors in continual motion, moving in and out and around the person and not a solid or static any one color. I've only met two people with no blackish areas in their aura. Instead, the two women, both Shamans, had large areas of white, very pale blue and an almost silver color to them. They too practiced astral projection. I attributed their bright colors as a mark that they vibrated at a higher energy level. :)

I think what she is trying to say is that it is our own response to the attack, that allows the attack to be successful.
For instance, if you react with fear...then the fear allows that opening for the attack to be effective, because fear could be the objective to wound you.
Same with hate, or lust...a drug addict’s lust for being high is what ultimately allow him/her to be wounded...all those emotions and reactions come from within us...IMHO she is saying that the more aware we are of these “openings” within ourselves and our auras, the better we can heal and/or create a truly safe defense, not one created from fear or some other reactionary emotion.

I’ve never had my aura read though I went to an angel reading once and I had silvery-purple wings apparently...I never have explored that any further, I should look into that.
Sometimes I wonder if the anxiety I feel sometimes is not my own, but is from some external source or entity...there are no other signs that it is something of that nature but I never dismiss the possibility even if it is slim.
It’s hard for me to be grounded, which is part of the issue I think...being a frequent astral projector doesn’t help that either.
Speaking of which...I began to spontaneously project the other morning while meditation...I wasn’t trying to, it just started...I was fully lucid and could feel my paralyzed body asleep...I was very comfortable...and I began to see dimly through my eyelids as I was projecting...like an old TV warming up, but much slower...then I started to think - You have to drive your son to school, you don’t have time for this shit.
So I kicked out my leg and broke my paralysis, but it was worth noting I think.