MBTI Text Analyzer | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

MBTI Text Analyzer

I don't want to cause any disharmony on this site, but I think the text analyzer is a good scientific tool that points toward a deeper truth: People aren't types. We may have various aspects of ourselves that may align with the ideals or the theoretical types, but it depends on context, certain definitions, and interpretations; things that may vary from practitioner to practitioner. What we write depends on whether you are tackling an emotive aspect or a logical aspect or philosophical aspects. Surely when you approach certain types of thinking you are going to move toward certain cognitive function descriptions, but it only reflects the thoughts in that point in time and not necessarily anything concretely definitive about a person, only an aspect. Don't get me wrong, I think these are great tools that help us learn about ourselves, but lets keep an open mind about the multifaceted aspects of our existence.

Last edited:
I tried a whole bunch of these; thanks again, @ClevelandINTP

Sentiment: 73% positive; 27% negative
GenderAnalyzer_v5: 88% male; 12% female
Topics: Society 82%; Science 5%; Arts 4%
Ageanalyzer: 52% 65-100; 17% 51-65; 9% 26-35; 9% 36-50; 9% 18-25; 4% 13-17
Mood: 76% happy; 24% upset
Myers Briggs Attitude: 99% Introversion; 1% Extroversion
Myers Briggs Judging Function: 100% Thinking
Myers Briggs Lifestyle: 89% Perceiving; 11% Judging
Tonality: 99% corporate; 1% personal
Classics (which author the text most resembles): 30% Nietzsche; 9% Plato; 8% Oscar Wilde; 8% Edgar Allen Poe; 7% William Shakespeare; 7% Lewis Carroll; et al.
Abstraction: 96% Abstract; 4% Concrete
Values: 72% Systemic; 8% Absolutistic; 6% Achievist; 5% Relativistic; 5% Tribalistic; 2% Exploitive; 1% Instinctive
MBTI: 49% INTJ; 13% ENTJ; 13% INFJ; 6% INTP; 6% ENTP
Liberal or Conservative: 57% Liberal; 43% Conservative
Enneagram Types: 23% Investigator; 23% Reformer; 13% Individualist; 12% Achiever; 9% Peacemaker; 7% Adventurer; 6% Loyalist; 4% Challenger; 4% Helper
Western Zodiac Signs (I'm Aquarius sun): 17% Libra; 15% Aquarius; 9% Sagittarius; 8% Capricorn; 8% Pisces; 8% Aries; 7% Scorpio; 7% Gemini; 6% Cancer; 6% Virgo; 5% Taurus; 4% Leo
Tennis Equipment: 94% Strings; 5% Rackets; 1% Shoes

The values one is interesting, guys, I recommend that. The zodiac analyser is also quite accurate in my case (for sun signs anyway), which shouldn't be the case, though the 'effect size' seems very small. For our purposes, the enneagram might be useful, too (@Ren should be interested in this) - for me it picked out 5 > 1 > 4 > 3 > 9 > 7 > 6 > 8 > 2.

Another point about this is that I don't think people are quite grasping just how legit the method here is. Depending on the tool, it's not 'bs', it's just a statistical correlation with its own kind of validity.

MBTI is fake, delete this forum

push-button.gif

Yeah, I was thinking about that. I do think INTJ tends to be over-selected in this model. My hunch is that anything that is analytical or constructed clear, concise and direct is INTJ, and the issue is that would fit a lot of language

I'd have to play around with it more, though

I emailed them haha
Lolol. Keep us informed!

Yeah, I can't remember the method used for the MBTI tool, but if it's the same statistical method as the gender one (large sample of texts - words & phrases automatically associated/weighted to the genders which use them most often), then I think you might be right - INTJs might make the most use of a certain kind of analytical/argumentative writing, but everybody must use that style at least somewhere for their texts to make sense.

Reactions: John K and BritNi
Yeah, I was thinking about that. I do think INTJ tends to be over-selected in this model. My hunch is that anything that is analytical or constructed clear, concise and direct is INTJ, and the issue is that would fit a lot of language

I'd have to play around with it more, though
By analogy, we might ask:

'why are all of these athletes using Se all the time? They can't all be Se doms, surely?'

It's kind of funny too because it's like the most obvious thing that INTJ gets selected a lot, yet it takes 4 pages for someone to ask the question. Like because it's obvious it's either accepted or the answer is assumed

Nice work!

What the hell does it take to write like an INFJ!

Wy! Song lyrics!

I put in Bastille - Warmth, and it came back INFJ. I think a lot of their stuff will. I wonder if Green Day's lyrics will too?!

Lyrics for INFJ results:

Never good just the bad and the ugly
Laid infront of you
Nothing quite like seeing the world through the TV's we know
Feeling helpless I look for distraction
I go searching for you, wandering through our city to find some solace at your door

I can't stop thinking about it
I can't stop thinking about it
Tell me did you see the news tonight

Hold me in this wild, wild, world
'Cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
And in your heat I feel how cold it can get
Hold me in this wild, wild, world
'Cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
And in your heat I feel how cold it can get
Now draw me close

So come on let's forget the emotion
Tie the blinkers oh, hold both hands right over my eyes