MBTI Text Analyzer | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

MBTI Text Analyzer

Yeah I've done some RP with forum folks in the past, but for a Warhammer 40k game. This is years ago, though. I remember we had a Mary Sue in our party who would ruin every negotiation or interrogation with outbursts of ultraviolence - I could see the outcome of the whole campaign coming the moment he read his character description, lol.

I wish there was a "type analysis by DnD character" program. That'd be fun.

But yeah I've known and been that person. Although the one time I remember ruining a negotiation I did it more by going off with my own plan I didn't tell them about.

You eventually grow out of it, I guess. You know anyone who's hosting WH40K? I've never actually played but it sounds cool.

3rd person with dialogue?

Third person, not much dialogue but I put the self-destruct sequence of the spaceship the guy was on in quotation marks and in separate lines so...

For some reason I gravitate towards combat scenes when I'm given the choice of what to write.

But yeah I've known and been that person. Although the one time I remember ruining a negotiation I did it more by going off with my own plan I didn't tell them about.

You eventually grow out of it, I guess. You know anyone who's hosting WH40K? I've never actually played but it sounds cool.
LOL, oh no, this was literally about 2009/10... you could ask around The Bolthole, I suppose, my old forum from those days.

Tongue firmly lodged in cheek here, but...

Hahahahaha, you're all FEELERS.

Ah, stop throwing a wrench into my theories, @In the Wings ... This is just what I need: an identity crisis!

It's just what I do. :p

For what it's worth, I think a flaw in the creative writing analysis is that it still depends a bit on stereotypes. Like the INTJ one for me was about a guy who was in charge of an organization, and he spent a bunch of that time thinking about running the organization.

Oh definitely.

Coincidentally, I found the other MBTI text classifiers... and it seems I was not remembering it correctly. They are from the same site:

MBTI - Judging Function Analyzer (Thinking vs Feeling)
https://www.uclassify.com/browse/prfekt/myers-briggs-judging-function?input=Text

MBTI - Perceiving Function Analyzer (Intuition vs. Sensing)
https://www.uclassify.com/browse/prfekt/myers-briggs-perceiving-function

MBTI - Attitude (Introvert vs Extrovert)
https://www.uclassify.com/browse/prfekt/myers-briggs-attitude

Oh definitely.

Coincidentally, I found the other MBTI text classifiers... and it seems I was not remembering it correctly. They are from the same site:

MBTI - Judging Function Analyzer (Thinking vs Feeling)
https://www.uclassify.com/browse/prfekt/myers-briggs-judging-function?input=Text

MBTI - Perceiving Function Analyzer (Intuition vs. Sensing)
https://www.uclassify.com/browse/prfekt/myers-briggs-perceiving-function

MBTI - Attitude (Introvert vs Extrovert)
https://www.uclassify.com/browse/prfekt/myers-briggs-attitude

With the one best writing sample I got ESFx. These appear to be more consistent.

Oh that's weird... I put in an angry little poem I wrote about my father's funeral (again, from years ago), and...
Ode To a Father

Look at that stereo; (6)
It's made of black plastic (6)

Someone’s spilt paint on it; (6)
What a frigging mess (5)

It's playing a song now; (6)
‘Flying without wings’ (5)

Why are they playing that? (6)
You hated Westlife (5)

And who are those people? (6)
No one has a clue (5)

But for the fact that they (6)
Are chained to your son (5)

That’s lovely isn’t it; (6)
You must be very proud (6)

Unlike him; (3)
You gave me no heed (5)

Unlike him; (3)
I was never chained (5)

Thank you, Dad; (3)
For keeping your shackles (5)

I ask for nothing (5)
As I drag your name from the gutter (9)
And teach you the meaning of integrity (11)

This funeral is a mess (7)

Your legacy;
Your Son;
Your Father.
49% ISTP; 12% INTJ; 9% INFP; 7% ESTJ; 4% INTP

Ode To a Father

Look at that stereo;
It’s made of black plastic

Someone’s spilt paint on it;
What a frigging mess

Its playing a song now;
‘Flying without wings’

Why are they playing that?
You hated Westlife

And who are those people?
No one has a clue

But for the fact that they
Are chained to your son

That’s lovely isn’t it;
You must be very proud

Unlike him;
You gave me no heed

Unlike him;
I was never chained

Thank you, Dad;
For keeping your shackles

I ask for nothing
As I drag your name from the gutter
And teach you the meaning of integrity

This funeral is a mess

Your legacy;
Your Son;
Your Father.
42% INTJ; 21% INFP; 11% ISTP; 9% ESTJ; 5% INTP

Seems that simply having numbers in brackets makes me an ISTP, otherwise INTJ like everybody else, lol.

P.S. Pi to 20 digits is 18% ENTP, lmao. Makes sense.

I plugged in the introductory page from Proust’s In Search of Lost Time and got:

48% INTP
16% ENTJ
8% ENTP
7% INFP

This text analyzer is complete balls I’m afraid

Interesting discussion, guys!

It is fun! I've spent alot time with our german RP community and had started some sort of roleplayer typology. (It's unfinished, though due to personal reasons.) I'm just saying this because I agree: there are of course patterns. I also noticed as one of the many aspects the choice of perspective and voice. But naturally there are many more aspects to it. It's not only cognitive functions, it's also alot complex personality (and chosen core real-life archetypes and internet persona).
So, don't forget that the Text Analyzer is programmed. It is only as clever as that and very limited due to internal rules and limited definitions. (The cheer majority of INTJ popping up is a little flag. :p )
I don't think the Text Analyzer is going to provide alot truth at this point, it's a nice puzzle to figure out what the programmers decided on and came up with concerning the internal system, sets of definitions and rules (sort of reverse engineering).. but I fear that is just it. Due to the fog of war you cannot really have a critical look on it and fiddle around with their insights behind all this.

It's an illusion after all. Like thinking you have real choice in a pre-programmed/pre-defined/limited digital world. ;)

Yeah I've done some RP with forum folks in the past, but for a Warhammer 40k game. This is years ago, though. I remember we had a Mary Sue in our party who would ruin every negotiation or interrogation with outbursts of ultraviolence - I could see the outcome of the whole campaign coming the moment he read his character description, lol.

You eventually grow out of it, I guess.
Rofl Sooo familiar!

I noticed differences in my story weaving and plotting with a constant eye on the bigger picture and future implications (for character and their respective players). In written free roleplaying where everyone is equally involved you have much more liberties than with the conservative rp with a dungeon master, and the repeating patterns and rules. One of those liberties is that you have more levels to a play, like meta and narrator levels (<3).
One other player, who I suspect to be INTJ had difficulties with the social forseeing part but was extremely gifted with the roles and hierarchies in world building, history and forseeing and plotting "system intrigues". Fascinating stuff. (She was also alot into Romans.. *grins*)

Found this site that interprets the cognitive functions you're using in your writing style: https://www.uclassify.com/browse/g4mes543/myers-briggs-type-indicator-text-analyzer?input=Text

I fed this thing about 5-6 texts varying in length of 1-5K words that I have wrote. Apparently, my finished projects are VERY INTJ
Fascinating :)

I've tried putting quite a few of my posts and other writing through the analyser. A lot of my prose comes out INTJ, but some INFJ too, and some ENTP. My poetry comes out very strongly INFP. Glancing through the thread and how it's responded to other people's writing, it's obviously not zeroing in on our actual type, but the functions that are reflected in how we express ourselves to the outside world. In my own case, it does seem to be very consistent with my Enneagram 5W4 type (I'm pretty well bang in the middle, but just on the 5 side) - so I wonder if this tool is a better detector of E type then of MBTI?

BTW I put Elliott's J Alfred Prufrock poem through it (one of my favourite poems) and that came out a fairly clear INFJ - so that's good.

Rofl Sooo familiar!

I noticed differences in my story weaving and plotting with a constant eye on the bigger picture and future implications (for character and their respective players). In written free roleplaying where everyone is equally involved you have much more liberties than with the conservative rp with a dungeon master, and the repeating patterns and rules. One of those liberties is that you have more levels to a play, like meta and narrator levels (<3).
One other player, who I suspect to be INTJ had difficulties with the social forseeing part but was extremely gifted with the roles and hierarchies in world building, history and forseeing and plotting "system intrigues". Fascinating stuff. (She was also alot into Romans.. *grins*)

I like forum (and chat) RP because it's less structured also. You can spend tons of time on stuff that isn't plot relevant just to flesh out your characters. There was an RP I did in person like that and we barely got through like 3 days in-game.

That said it's more effort going in, so the RP I'll likely be engaged in will be more DM-style till I get more time.

In terms of RP skills, I'm really, really good at bluffing in RP, and good at remembering little details that I can use later. Sometimes filling in details that would be useful based on the situation (for instance, remembering when we were fighting a monster vulnerable to fire in a Call of Cthulhu game that there was an oven in the apartment we were in, and that the oven would likely have propane in it that we could use against the monster). However I can get "stuck" figuring out how to implement them in the moment, so that's something to improve I guess. :p I also don't really know how to use specific emotional threads either. Broad ones based on affiliation sometimes.

Not sure how I'd do at foreseeing in RP, but I'm shit at it IRL so...

I like forum (and chat) RP because it's less structured also. You can spend tons of time on stuff that isn't plot relevant just to flesh out your characters. There was an RP I did in person like that and we barely got through like 3 days in-game.

That said it's more effort going in, so the RP I'll likely be engaged in will be more DM-style till I get more time.

In terms of RP skills, I'm really, really good at bluffing in RP, and good at remembering little details that I can use later. Sometimes filling in details that would be useful based on the situation (for instance, remembering when we were fighting a monster vulnerable to fire in a Call of Cthulhu game that there was an oven in the apartment we were in, and that the oven would likely have propane in it that we could use against the monster). However I can get "stuck" figuring out how to implement them in the moment, so that's something to improve I guess. :p I also don't really know how to use specific emotional threads either. Broad ones based on affiliation sometimes.

Not sure how I'd do at foreseeing in RP, but I'm shit at it IRL so...

lolol oh, yes. Sometimes people spend a lifetime on one in-game day.

That's pretty cool and useful, Wings! Nice. :) I bet you are pretty good at helping out how to strategize and engage encounters? Is there some type you enjoy more than others to play?

I'm a sensor and this is deeply offensive. :rage:

Wingy... how long are you going to pretend that you're a sensor?

tenor.gif

:m052: You're obviously an intuitive!