Love? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Love?

"The difficult part will be negotiating the inconsistencies between what I am and what I want to be."

Please share more on this if I may ask.

I prefer to understand the concept by itself. If we come to the same understanding, then great, I suppose!
It is always necessary to seek to understand an idea first-hand, not just through secondary sources. This is especially true of something like love which is ever-present, dynamic, alive, and of-the-now. In this process, though, one can be informed by a range of other sources that refract, confirm and/or amplify in various ways. If these are limiting us, well, that's no good, but if they are propelling our own grasp of things in a fuller sense, that is indeed helpful. There are many ways this can happen for us.

And I would say that Love knows no distance, nor does it require a certain amount of knowledge of the one who is loved. It is an orientation towards all things. Through Love, one does not necessarily have to solve all the world's problems. If you see Love as universal force, it's easy to imagine that every being who is oriented towards Love is a part of it. It becomes easier to understand Love as a living organism. In that sense, each part of the whole has its own role to play, whilst sustaining and being sustained by the whole.

I've always wondered whether it was necessary to love everything about a person in order to truly love them. And i don't mean liking everything about them because i think most feel love without liking everything about the person they love. I'm referring more to the idea that you can love someone without being concerned about every little detail in their lives. I've always felt more interested in how someone is feeling than chronology of events which they've experienced over their lifespan. I'm more interested in what they learned and how something affected them, not just what they accomplished. I'm more interested in what it's like to have gone through an experience than hearing a list of what they did, who, what, when, where and how. So, i've never associated caring with caring about the details of someone's life but more about who they are as a person and their attitude towards the experiences they've had.

Last edited:
I've always wondered whether it was necessary to love everything about a person in order to truly love them.
I like the saying "Love your neighbor as you love yourself, but if you cannot love your neighbor as you love yourself, at least do not do them any harm." To me this gets to an interesting point....we may not know a person well, and there may be certain things we do not particularly appreciate about them or their choices, but we can still align ourselves with love, even with these limitations. Love as a universal force, of course, has no such limitations, but so often we do. It's good to work past our own limitations and still land on the side of love, respecting another if only because we recognize primacy and value of the universal force.

Reactions: Gaze
"The difficult part will be negotiating the inconsistencies between what I am and what I want to be."

Please share more on this if I may ask.

Essentially, the more I understand Love, the more I realise that it is not my orientation towards the world at the moment. It is mostly difficult to imagine how a transition will occur. Mostly, I trust that every moment can be turned into a learning experience in order to achieve this. I see it as a necessary step for the evolution of the Self towards a greater understanding.

Agapooka

Reactions: Gaze and CorLeonis
I'd just like to express an opinion

I can define Love in my head but I wouldn't know how to word it for others.

I would say Love, in all it's purity, is unachievable.

Good news is,

you can get pretty darn close.

Reo Speedwagon
Live Every Moment lyrics

"Live every moment-love every day"

Songwriters: Cronin, Kevin

Question: Is love a choice?

If we consider it as a universal force, then: Yes and no.

Yes, because one must open themselves to Love in order to Live it.

No, because Love is capable of manifesting through any agent.

Love is always there; you just have the choice of whether you want to accept it, whether you want to give love to others as well

Question: Is love a choice?

lol I think initially it ought to be, but at some point it becomes so deeply rooted in the thought process that it's difficult/impossible to make it a choice. It still should be though, for it to be healthy. And that's great because maintaining freedom is important and making it a choice allows constant assessment and evaluation of the circumstance, which ultimately allows growth of love in a healthy way.

Granted, constant criticism within that choosing can be detrimental. It's important not to place criticism in the process of choosing love. Simply let it be a natural check and balance. If the situation forces criticism, then that love may need reprioritization.

Love is always there; you just have the choice of whether you want to accept it, whether you want to give love to others as well

Another question: [MENTION=2873]Serenity[/MENTION] or any other who wishes to answer

How would you explain this among people?

For example:

There is a couple, a girl and a boy, plus there are two other people, another boy and another girl. The "others." just as the couple, are full of love to give. What if the others choose to give love to the couple, one on each end? If one or more of the members of the couple choose to accept their love, would you say the couple was never really in love? Or can they love more than once?

If you don't except that love that is "always there" would it mean you choose the opposite, in this case, "hate?" or what will you be giving out to the world if you don't give love?

lol I think initially it ought to be, but at some point it becomes so deeply rooted in the thought process that it's difficult/impossible to make it a choice. It still should be though, for it to be healthy. And that's great because maintaining freedom is important and making it a choice allows constant assessment and evaluation of the circumstance, which ultimately allows growth of love in a healthy way.

Granted, constant criticism within that choosing can be detrimental. It's important not to place criticism in the process of choosing love. Simply let it be a natural check and balance. If the situation forces criticism, then that love may need reprioritization.

agree, for the most part, but i do think that love, at least to some degree, is something you just do without deliberately choosing to do so. Not that we don't learn how to learn in a more healthy and mutually sustaining way down the road, but to leave it up to choice can suggest that we can simply choose to love or not love just like that, when in many cases, it's the complete opposite, at least in my case :D. I think i let my feelings dictate what is love too often :D.

Last edited:
I agree that in most cases (and probably particularly for F types) there is not a lot of self deliberation going on when it comes to love... nor a plethora of other feelings, but gut reactions/feelings can often be (IMO) the result of instantanous deliberation, which is not immediately fully understood.

I agree that in most cases (and probably particularly for F types) there is not a lot of self deliberation going on when it comes to love... nor a plethora of other feelings, but gut reactions/feelings can often be (IMO) the result of instantanous deliberation, which is not immediately fully understood.

good point, never thought of it that way.

Another question: @Serenity or any other who wishes to answer

How would you explain this among people?

For example:

There is a couple, a girl and a boy, plus there are two other people, another boy and another girl. The "others." just as the couple, are full of love to give. What if the others choose to give love to the couple, one on each end? If one or more of the members of the couple choose to accept their love, would you say the couple was never really in love? Or can they love more than once?

If you don't except that love that is "always there" would it mean you choose the opposite, in this case, "hate?" or what will you be giving out to the world if you don't give love?
I actually wouldn't define hate, as the lack of love, per se. I would see it as, one doesn't have to accept love from everyone necessarily, I certainly don't. I call it indifference, not hate. Going off on a Tangent here:
I believe that God loves everyone of us, but I know that there are many people in the world who don't/won't accept it. It doesn't necessarily mean that they hate him, it just means they don't care.