[INFJ] - LIFE IN AN OVERACTIVE MIND : Intuition and Mindfulness | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] LIFE IN AN OVERACTIVE MIND : Intuition and Mindfulness

I agree. What a thought huh?

I'm so glad you are highly linguistic and proficient in English, to the point you are able to express yourself eaisly. I would never be able to communicate with you if you spoke German to me Ha!

:tonguewink:

Comes with the territory. Depending on the German I suspect that I wouldn't be able to understand them either. But why would I speak German in an English-speaking forum? I would provoke being misunderstood all the time. I'd be bonkers to do that!

Reactions: Free
Not all FE users are so warm huh?
Uhyeah, No. LOL
Not all INFJ's are identical, in the same regards as no two personalities or people are the same. Fe Doms I believe are much more loyal to those they are fond of.
giphy.gif

Anyone know where I can find a pet INFJ?
@Vigilance please be cautious what pet you get, some are fuzzy, while some are scaly...often the scaly one with hard edges is a better choice over the fluffy one ;)

Last edited:
Uhyeah, No. LOL
Not all INFJ's are identical, in the same regards as no two personslities or people are the same. Fe Doms I believe are much more loyal to those they are fond of.
giphy.gif

@Vigilance please be cautious what pet you get, some are fuzzy, while some are scaly...often the scaly one with hard edges is a better choice over the fluffy one ;)

I really don't know about the word "pet". It sounds so degrading.

I really don't know about the word "pet". It sounds so degrading.
In this context @Ginny it is a teasing metaphor.

In general because an INFJ is dreamy yet comforting and loyal some more "thinking" or "physical" led individuals compare our behaviors to that if a pet. Like a cat or dog, perhaps squirrel :p

For sure an INFJ needs a candid sense of humor to drag along with the justice hammer.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

In this context @Ginny it is a teasing metaphor.

In general because an INFJ is dreamy yet comforting and loyal some more "thinking" or "physical" led individuals compare our behaviors to that if a pet. Like a cat or dog, perhaps squirrel :p

For sure an INFJ needs a candid sense of humor to drag along with the justice hammer.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I know how it was meant, but still... maybe I've read too much erotica :innocent::smilingimp:

I wouldn't mind being called a cat or squirrel, I like them. Although in this context it would sound weirder than pet.

Reactions: Free and Sandie33
I know how it was meant, but still... maybe I've read too much erotica :innocent::smilingimp:

I wouldn't mind being called a cat or squirrel, I like them. Although in this context it would sound weirder than pet.

You like squirrels? Geez! They are the devil. In Texas, we have too many of them. They are a problem to many, including my mother, who has many bird feeders hanging off trees. They knock over her bird feeders constantly, and those rascals also eat all the bird food. They scare all the little birdies away too! :( I know I have had other problems with them too lol. For example, one almost crossed the street as I was driving and got ran over. No wonder they have a bird brain after eating all that bird food (this is a joke!) lolol.

Comes with the territory. Depending on the German I suspect that I wouldn't be able to understand them either. But why would I speak German in an English-speaking forum? I would provoke being misunderstood all the time. I'd be bonkers to do that!

It was a tease ;). Lol. It was similar to that of @Sandie33 although not implied as a true metaphor.

You like squirrels? Geez! They are the devil. In Texas, we have too many of them. They are a problem to many, including my mother, who has many bird feeders hanging off trees. They knock over her bird feeders, and those rascals also eat all the bird food. No wonder they have a bird brain (this is a joke!) lolol.

RED squirrels, not those douchy grey ones!

It was a tease ;). Lol. It was similar to that of @Sandie33 although not implied as a true metaphor.

Yeah, but you should hear some dialects from the east or south. They really are unintelligible.

BTW, I generally have trouble with teasing (even in German) when I don't hear the tone of voice. Too little input for my brain to always decipher correctly.
Edit: I almost didn't write the last couple sentences. It was me second-guessing everything. Again, it's the online-barrier.

LOL...is there ever too much erotica?
giphy.gif

Reactions: Free and Ginny
BTW, I generally have trouble with teasing (even in German) when I don't hear the tone of voice. Too little input for my brain to always decipher correctly.
You are not alone in this...I have trouble following folks here in the states with the different dialects and made up language. Reading typed words are even more difficult, thank goodness for the emoji's :p

:crushhug: Happy you found value in the post.

I'm learning that perhaps INTJ's are just as unique as are INFJ's (all the 16P's are)...I agree with the uncanny similarities of the two. It is to my detriment that I came to believe for many years INTJ and I were like trying to mix oil and water, there just didn't seem to be a bridge between us. After analyzing my part in that, I realized that with my feelings based cold logic and the INTJ's fact-based analytical logic is where the clash begins.

My conclusion with most INTJ's and myself is:

INTJ says: you are not seeing the facts of the issue

to which I say: you are not seeing the possibilities of the issue.

Makes perfect sense to me, now, I'm hopeful all the INTJ's of past encounters forgive me as I try and right future encounters ;)

My issue with INTJs:

Me: "Here is what you're actually getting at".

INTJ: "Wait, hold up. Your logic makes no sense.

Me: "Why do you need to see each step as to how I came to that conclusion? - More importantly, how can you not see how I've come to that conclusion?"

INTJ: "So you're telling me that....blah blah blah.... is blah blah blah.... right?"
^and the wordy plight continues.

....and thus a neverending cycle of explanation occurs. It's like talking to a brick wall.

INTJ wants to debate the logical process, INFJ wants to explain that the logic is of no use if the answer is clear (in which case it is to us). This is probably a summary of most INFJ versus INTJ arguments. My best friend is INTJ and we have a mutual respect for each other. It can be frustrating to relate, of course.

Last edited:
INFJ wants to explain that the logic is of no use if the answer is clear (in which case it is to us).

This is why, in my book, it can be very frustrating communicating and being understood with a vast majority of people in certain instances. They may not see the things that are self evident to us in the same way an INFJ can do. This probably has a lot to do with how our intuitive function (and the other functions) work.

Last edited:
My issue with INTJs:

Me: "Here is what you're actually getting at".

INTJ: "Wait, hold up. Your logic makes no sense.

Me: "Why do you need to see each step as to how I came to that conclusion? - More importantly, how can you not see how I've come to that conclusion?"

INTJ: "So you're telling me that....blah blah blah.... is blah blah blah.... right?"
^and the wordy plight continues.

....and thus a neverending cycle of explanation occurs. It's like talking to a brick wall.

INTJ wants to debate the logical process, INFJ wants to explain that the logic is of no use if the answer is clear (in which case it is to us). This is probably a summary of most INFJ versus INTJ arguments. My best friend is INTJ and we have a mutual respect for each other. It can be frustrating to relate, of course.

This is why, in my book, it can be very frustrating communicating and being understood with a vast majority of people in certain instances. They may not see the things that are self evident to us in the same way an INFJ can do. This probably has a lot to do with how our intuitive function (and the other functions) work.

...aww, like little Sherlocks ♥

Sometimes INFJs just know stuff and not how they got there, and we have to mull over it to know how it is we know it. It's as if Ni is filtering all the stuff we perceive with Se and we think it's easy to know because we have come to a realisation without consciously thinking about it. And afterwards we need to apply Ti to catch up with our intuition so we can explain our assumptions to others "properly".

At least this is how it works in Sherlock. Didn't really think of him as an INFJ until I saw it in a video. Afterwards it seemed obvious, especially in series 4. (I hope this resolves the issue of him being an INTx, they really just want him to be one of them it seems.) Other portrayals might still be different, even the representation in the book. But Cumberbatch's Sherlock is so INFJ in the end... it's lovely to watch it working.

My issue with INTJs is that they are extremely hostile and arrogant.

As an ESTP, I tend to stay away from them' wild lukin' boys and gals.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Sandie33

Sometimes INFJs just know stuff and not how they got there, and we have to mull over it to know how it is we know it. It's as if Ni is filtering all the stuff we perceive with Se and we think it's easy to know because we have come to a realisation without consciously thinking about it. And afterwards we need to apply Ti to catch up with our intuition so we can explain our assumptions to others "properly".

At least this is how it works in Sherlock. Didn't really think of him as an INFJ until I saw it in a video. Afterwards it seemed obvious, especially in series 4. (I hope this resolves the issue of him being an INTx, they really just want him to be one of them it seems.) Other portrayals might still be different, even the representation in the book. But Cumberbatch's Sherlock is so INFJ in the end... it's lovely to watch it working.

That's a good description of how it works. I have presentiments about things sometimes. More often though I arrive at an awareness of something after the event and once I have had the chance to filter through the information and build on initial perceptions. Then the information sometimes just arrives and what happened or has been happening in a situation or event suddenly makes sense. We can be a step ahead if we listen to it, especially when there is foul play. A bit like Sherlock, lol.

Reactions: Ryso89 and Sandie33
Last edited:

Odd. I would label Watson as an infj and Sherlock as intj. But whatever.

Reactions: Free and Misty
Maybe so but in the INFJ there is also a passion for truth and a desire to defend the underdog and those repressed. (Not to mention calling out people on their BS and or falsehood). People may not understand this passion for justice and not take to the person expressing this -though it's not at all the same thing as lack of heart. I'm not referencing tyranny here, e.g Hitler, but an adamant 'militant' heart (which stems from love and a passion for justice, that ferocity' for the truth can inspire antipathy and misconception when it's intention is completely misunderstood).

I don't understand why people question our intentions so badly. I am a spiritual infj. Was willing to die just to know the truth about life. It became obvious I did not have the stomach for it. I feel God is leading me along the way, yet most people question. Why? I don't question their motives and actions, but I still judge what they do inside my heart and mind. Some folk want to know so badly. Why not ask God? I do not understand the use of "militant" in this, but have seen people become confused. Can't say I have noticed a deep feeling of animosity toward me.

If you spend all your time explaining things to people who you know will reject your words, why bother. If God wants to see how far I will go, that is fine with me. However, it seems to be my closeness to God that has people worried. People should not worry about someone as such. They probably don't even know what infj is, and most have not seen empathy explode like a balloon. What will happen will happen, and it very well may be for the best.

In general, I love people. Allow me my experiences and realities. Thank you. Wish Dave was still around...he was like a mentor to me. I was rejected, but he told me sometimes what God reveals to me is only for me. Now I keep most things to myself.
Maybe I might have too much passion, though I thought it impossible to have.