Let's Psychoanalyse your Avatar [2] | Page 20 | INFJ Forum

Let's Psychoanalyse your Avatar [2]

@Jabberwocky
image.php

Your avatar suggests you are -or wish - you were living in a time from the past. The man looks as if he is a Gentleman of some means. This evokes feelings of safety and calm when I look at it.

He's relaxed, hands clasped in contemplation, sitting in front of a mirror?. It's as if he is having a conversation with himself.

Wait a minute...I can see what looks like reflections of grooming items on the dressing table - but I cannot see his reflection.
Is the mirror too hazy to reflect him? Or is he a ghost of himself and therefore not really there?

You are caught between two parallel universes and keep phasing from one to the other?
I know....You wish you were a time traveler.

LOL...

This was fun! :)

I would LOVE to be a time traveller. In fact, time travel is one of my go-to problems when I'm bored and want to try and solve something. As for the man with the mirror; it's not a mirror, and the items on the table are actually flasks and other things used in chemical analysis during the time period. The man is Sherlock Holmes. I chose the avatar as a way to display my intellectual side, which tends to represent me at my most peaceful, emotionally, hence the relaxation in the picture. I also just find it asthetically pleasing. As for living in a time from the past; I've often wanted to experience, if only briefly, what life was like back in the day.

=)

Reactions: Kgal
Anyone want to do mine?

anyone wanna try my new avatar :)

Anyone want to do mine?

image.php

Looks like Charlie Chaplin as a boxer. Very cute pic. His boxing gloves and shoes are oversi ed. This indicates Chaplin's sense of humor, ability to make fun of himself and his stature. He was a genius of physical comedy and didn't mind making himself the object of parody and ridicule as a physical comedian. I think this reflects about you a genuine and honest sense of humor about yourself. You are someone you finds humor even in the most minute circumstances. Human nature interests you. You like to observe people's reactions to things and situations. You also don't take yourself too seriously. You do what you can with what you have, and then take it from there. You may worry a little about things sometimes, but you mostly try to take one day at a time.

*waits anxiously for verdict*

Reactions: Rasmus
Looks like Charlie Chaplin as a boxer. Very cute pic. His boxing gloves and shoes are over sized. This indicates Chaplin's sense of humor, ability to make fun of himself and his stature. He was a genius of physical comedy and didn't mind making himself the object of parody and ridicule as a physical comedian. I think this reflects about you a genuine and honest sense of humor about yourself. You are someone you finds humor even in the most minute circumstances. Human nature interests you. You like to observe people's reactions to things and situations. You also don't take yourself too seriously. You do what you can with what you have, and then take it from there. You may worry a little about things sometimes, but you mostly try to take one day at a time.

*waits anxiously for verdict*

Masterfully handled!! You are very good. There are only three additional things about it that struck a chord with me:

1.) Black and White = Life often lacks color for me.
2.) The Actor = Sometimes I feel like an actor, in that, I often smile though my heart is aching and laugh when I ought to cry.
3.) Silent Film = I communicate in a language difficult to hear at times which sometimes makes me feel like I don't have a voice.

(#3 sparked some inspiration) I kinda think that life and people are never really silent even when they aren't using their vocal cords. It's like this, picture a sound frequency that was very soft; so quiet that instruments were unable to detect it. Now say that every human communicated both consciously and subconsciously on that frequency. Some people, due to certain life factors, have the ability to tab into the frequency (at no small cost). They were forced to escape at one point into the quiet of their own soul and realized that there was something in the darkness. A sound? A smell? A taste of something real, perhaps more real than anything they had ever tasted before. They encountered their real self by the grace of God. After that something changes in their waking life. They distinctly sense the frequency when they are around other people; they sense that somewhere through all the makeup and the bull crap is a real person...is the real them. It's singing, it's sobbing, it's dancing and tumbling, freezing and melting, laughing and crying. They hear the music of another soul and it invokes feeling. Hearing it though is not always the same as understanding the notes. There are different languages on in the frequency. What's my point in all this? I guess I don't really have one lol. I just thought I'd share some of the abstract strangeness of me. For me, some of the silent people speak the loudest...within the "frequency" (for lack of a better word) and they have so very much to say. Unfortunately, very few people are listening on that level now a days so they miss out on a lot. I'm rambling. Sorry. Back to our regularly scheduled thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gaze
Masterfully handled!! You are very good. There are only three additional things about it that struck a chord with me:

1.) Black and White = Life often lacks color for me.
2.) The Actor = Sometimes I feel like an actor, in that, I often smile though my heart is aching and laugh when I ought to cry.
3.) Silent Film = I communicate in a language difficult to hear at times which sometimes makes me feel like I don't have a voice.

(#3 sparked some inspiration) I kinda think that life and people are never really silent even when they aren't using their vocal cords. It's like this, picture a sound frequency that was very soft; so quiet that instruments were unable to detect it. Now say that every human communicated both consciously and subconsciously on that frequency. Some people, due to certain life factors, have the ability to tab into the frequency (at no small cost). They were forced to escape at one point into the quiet of their own soul and realized that there was something in the darkness. A sound? A smell? A taste of something real, perhaps more real than anything they had ever tasted before. They encountered their real self by the grace of God. After that something changes in their waking life. They distinctly sense the frequency when they are around other people; they sense that somewhere through all the makeup and the bull crap is a real person...is the real them. It's singing, it's sobbing, it's dancing and tumbling, freezing and melting, laughing and crying. They hear the music of another soul and it invokes feeling. Hearing it though is not always the same as understanding the notes. There are different languages on in the frequency. What's my point in all this? I guess I don't really have one lol. I just thought I'd share some of the abstract strangeness of me. For me, some of the silent people speak the loudest...within the "frequency" (for lack of a better word) and they so very much to say. Unfortunately, very few people are listening on that level now a days so they miss out on a lot. I'm rambling. Sorry. Back to our regularly scheduled thread.

Love this analysis. This is similar to why I think my current avatar connects with me. I never usually have a specific reason for choosing the avatars. Sometimes, there's just something which pops out about them which draws me in. Maybe it connects with something in my psyche I am not aware of.

Would be curious to hear your analysis :)

MonkeyGrassGirl's avatar is very interesting. The tree in the picture is old and strongly rooted. One should consider others opinions in everything, for the intelligence of one is like a tree shoved clumsily into the ground. We make much of our logic based on what we want, not what is right. Through consultation with others, one may find the correct path; advisors have no stake in our affairs, and so their advice will be objective and they will see from the side. It is like the saying from the game of Go... 'he whom sees from the side has eight eyes'. When many people consult with each other, a thick trunk is formed, that branches out into numerous strong roots.

[MENTION=1669]Rite[/MENTION]: I'll do yours if you'll do mine. :)

Yours is of a woman or perhaps man of "color", quite literally. A combination of muted and vivid shades, with cryptic designs perhaps indicating some sort of ancient wisdom. The eyelids and lips are of a nearly tumescent purple color, lips parted in desire and eyes hooded, but watchful, with a shadow across the iris. Beautiful, appealing, engaged and engaging, but standing a little apart. Anywhere close? :)

[MENTION=1669]Rite[/MENTION] OK, I really suck at psychoanalyzing a picture to a person so I

Reactions: Kgal and Gaze
@Rite OK, I really suck at psychoanalyzing a picture to a person so I’m going to lean more on the picture since I don’t know you. Maybe some of it will strike a chord with you.

A woman’s face coming out of the darkness.

She does not appear to be wearing face paint for a hunt (camouflage) although there is a predatory hint in her eyes; the dilated pupils suggest this person is well adjusted to the darkness; able to observe others without being seen herself. It does not appear to be war paint (designed to strike fear) although there is a stoic reserve in her eyes that feels like courage; like she has endured something and came out the other end stronger. Not the kind of strength that says, “I will break you”, but rather the kind that says, “you will not break me”. I believe her paint is like that of the Omo River people (self expression). Her face and perhaps even her body are the canvas where, in this picture, she displays the intricate beauty of her soul in a fleeting moment for she is able to sprint back into the darkness at any second which I am certain she will.

Also, choosing the dark color for her lips and eyes could be reminiscent of death (dark lips lack of oxygen & dark eyes like a human skull). The bright colors on the left and the darker on the right could symbolize the dawn (beginning) and dusk (end) of her own life.

The cross over the bridge of the nose could strike a spiritual connection (subconsciously) with faith and beliefs.

Lastly there is, what I would call, an almost sexual curiosity in her expression but I can’t quite explain it. Perhaps the narrowed eyes or the slightly pursed lips. I can’t put my finger on it but I would swear it was there. There might be an innocence or level of sexual purity but it does not feel like one that was maintained by prudish legalism but rather out of an acknowledgment of its existence and a hope that it will someday blossom into something shared with a man who is truly worthy of her; a man who can pursue her into the darkness and actually catch her on her own turf.

That’s the best I can do :smile: I hope you enjoyed it.

This is a really interesting analysis. And I can relate to quite a bit of it but the only ones I'll own up to is the ones in bold :D.

This is a really interesting analysis. And I can relate to quite a bit of it but the only ones I'll own up to is the ones in bold :D.

I'm glad you found it interesting :wink:

Let's bump this thread for funz. I'll volunteer first.
Somebody have a go at mine. :]

Lets look at most of them, they are all enchanting and sensually alluring. You like to present as feminine and wistfully seductive visually (as contrasted to your thoughtful and balanced posts). This suggests a desire and respect for vibrancy. More than likely a compensation for dullness and a lack of vivaciousness in real life. Not that it is absent but that you long for more.

View attachment 13093

heh, my Avatar. Literally. I'll put mine up, if anyone wants to have a go.

Lets look at most of them, they are all enchanting and sensually alluring. You like to present as feminine and wistfully seductive visually (as contrasted to your thoughtful and balanced posts). This suggests a desire and respect for vibrancy. More than likely a compensation for dullness and a lack of vivaciousness in real life. Not that it is absent but that you long for more.

View attachment 13093

[MENTION=1579]Odyne[/MENTION]

You analyzed her very well Stu. I would add she's a woman studying/working in a traditional man's world and as such she often finds herself acting masculine. I think here her avatars help her find her balance with being feminine.

Reactions: grt$5vb
heh, my Avatar. Literally. I'll put mine up, if anyone wants to have a go.

Your avatar looks like Kali - Hindu Goddess of Death. Change. Power.

Are you in the process of empowering your self?

Hahaha, I'd be curious to know if anyone had some ideas about mine.