"Let's just be friends." | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

"Let's just be friends."

This is a complicated issue with mutiple viewpoints. I was a little mad at first because of the way Billy kept bashing "nice guys". I consider myself one, have been in some similar situations, and do not consider myself dishonest or manipulative. As I read more I came to realize that he's not really talking about "nice guys", but maybe quieter guys who are manipulative. Yes, this is dishonest and wrong.

I agree with this. I've seen a few of these kinds of threads and it seems to me that often it just comes down to an issue of semantics.

Most people who see themselves as "Nice Guys" (myself included) just define that as meaning "A guy who is nice to people", that's all.

A lot of other people though seem to have an alternative definition for "Nice Guys" which goes "Manipulative, needy asshole who pretends to be your friend so that he can con you into having a relationship with him".

You then end up with a situation where the genuinely nice guys are left scratching their heads and wondering what the hell they did to deserve this kind of reputation, when in fact the second definition is talking about a completely different group of people all together (though I do agree with pierce that some or even many of the people who fit the second definition may not even realise they're doing it).

pierce said:
It was a hilarious comic to me, and I thought it was obvious, self-explanatory and very funny! But on comes all this very serious discussion!

INFJs dude. :m052: