Legalizing murder of abortionists | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Legalizing murder of abortionists

You're right, it's killing a baby instead.

It's not a baby.

I am not supporting late-term abortions.
I am talking about abortions that are performed before 12-16 weeks. The fetus isn't even viable at that point so it is sure as hell not a baby.

Removing womens access to abortion is disgusting, in my opinion.

http://www.barryyeoman.com/articles/gina.html

What gives you the right to impose what you believe onto other people in a way that limits their constitutional freedom, free will and makes one of the hardest decisions of their life for them?

The babies life has yet to begin and even if the mothers life is in danger, some people will not let her live by losing the baby.

I want you to at least consider that the baby, although may have it's own life, is a part of the body of the woman. Her and the baby really are one during pregnancy. How can other people tell a woman what to do with her body much less make it a law?

hear hear!

When it comes between giving the power of choice to a mother who's life will be directly effected by the birth of a child, and a group of people who happen to be anti-abortion who will have nothing to do with the raising of that child, I'm on the mother's side every time.

Personally I think those who are against abortion should limit their views to not having them themselves and influencing those people who are directly related to them.

At least in Australia, no doctor is forced to give an abortion if he/she has a moral issue with it.

We can't have a perfect world. that's impossible. In a perfect world everyone would have food, all babies would grow up in kind and loving homes and there'd be no population issue at all. no global warming and no disasters.

But this is not a perfect dream state. children get neglected and die every day, and I think the less this happens the better.

Ultimately, yes, I do think that people should use contriception rather than abortion, but I am also a realist and I recognise that condoms break, and methods for women are not 100% accurate, and they can also have some very horrible side-effects for some women. I don't use contriception because I've tried 3 forms so far and all of them either make me put on weight, bleed continually or itch, and I utterly point blank refuse to try the only method open to me, because I don't want an implant there!

And i'm not the only woman this happens to, and since I have a husband and we're both completely devoted to one another only, I don't see the issue with just taking the risk and using a condom only.
But if we did have an accident? yeah, abortion would be something I would consider very very carefully, because while we want kids, I'm not sure we should have them.

The argument that women use abortion as contriception is honestly something that's pretty much made up by anti-abortionists. No woman knowingly wants to get pregnant for the pleasure of aborting a fetus. Most people actually try and avoid medical procedures.

there was more I wanted to say...but a cold caller interupted me, trying to convince I was a sweet and kind person who really wanted to buy hotel vouchers for her family...

But I will always, always stand on the side of free will and the mother's right to decide what to do with her body, not the supposed right of something that isn't even considered a human being with rights by most legal systems, and also in the eyes of many scientists.

Reactions: Edith
It's not a baby.

I am not supporting late-term abortions.
I am talking about abortions that are performed before 12-16 weeks. The fetus isn't even viable at that point so it is sure as hell not a baby.

Removing womens access to abortion is disgusting, in my opinion.

You do understand that's where the issue comes up, right? Some people believe that it's a baby at the point of conception. If you didn't fuck with it, it WOULD be a baby. When one parties rights infringe upon an others that is where there is an issue.

But I will always, always stand on the side of free will and the mother's right to decide what to do with her body, not the supposed right of something that isn't even considered a human being with rights by most legal systems, and also in the eyes of many scientists.

Yes, I agree with this completely.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

Even if someone thinks abortion should be a crime, killing a doctor for performing one is insane.

Reactions: Edith
You do understand that's where the issue comes up, right? Some people believe that it's a baby at the point of conception. If you didn't fuck with it, it WOULD be a baby. When one parties rights infringe upon an others that is where there is an issue.

It wouldn't necessarily be a baby.
Apparently, 10-20% of pregnancies end in miscarriage anyway.
Medically, the fetus is not considered a baby until it is born.

My question is, is it fair to force your beliefs on others when it takes away their right to choose what is best for them, and could even endanger them? I do not think so.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

Even if someone thinks abortion should be a crime, killing a doctor for performing one is insane.

Clearly, I doubt that bill even makes it to voting.

It wouldn't necessarily be a baby.
Apparently, 10-20% of pregnancies end in miscarriage anyway.
Medically, the fetus is not considered a baby until it is born.

My question is, is it fair to force your beliefs on others when it takes away their right to choose what is best for them, and could even endanger them? I do not think so.

It all depends on what you consider a baby and if you believe in fate or not. I get very apprehensive about people playing god.

I always hate the "what if it happened to your mother" argument. Just as stupid as "everything happens for a reason," if you ask me. Don't really appreciate him referring to the hypothetical baby as "a rapist's baby" either

and for the most part, this comes down to weather you believe in god or not.
at least in my experience it does. most of the people who are anti-abortion are religious in some way.

I don't have a problem with this, but I do have a problem with religious beliefs being forced upon those who have none, or different ones to yours.

Why should I be forced to keep a baby just because some religious fundamentalist says it's a human being and sacred?

and for the most part, this comes down to weather you believe in god or not.
at least in my experience it does. most of the people who are anti-abortion are religious in some way.

I don't have a problem with this, but I do have a problem with religious beliefs being forced upon those who have none, or different ones to yours.

Why should I be forced to keep a baby just because some religious fundamentalist says it's a human being and sacred?

Who's to say any life is sacred?

It all depends on what you consider a baby and if you believe in fate or not. I get very apprehensive about people playing god.

Don't you think that forcing a woman to keep a fetus that she does not want and cannot support (in many cases) is playing God too?

Imagine the outcry if I was in power and I decided, 'hey, I don't believe in god and I don't like it that people pray. I will just create a law where it is legal to shoot anyone you see praying, or anyone who helps people to pray. Goodbye priests.'

Not exactly the same situation but still. It is endangering the lives of people who are just trying to help others. I truly feel for abortion doctors. It must be so difficult being hated like that and constantly being in fear of your life.

Don't you think that forcing a woman to keep a fetus that she does not want and cannot support (in many cases) is playing God too?

Imagine the outcry if I was in power and I decided, 'hey, I don't believe in god and I don't like it that people pray. I will just create a law where it is legal to shoot anyone you see praying, or anyone who helps people to pray. Goodbye priests.'

Not exactly the same situation but still. It is endangering the lives of people who are just trying to help others. I truly feel for abortion doctors. It must be so difficult being hated like that and constantly being in fear of your life.

I never said that I agreed with the notion of killing abortion doctors, that I think is a horrible notion.

Who's to say any life is sacred?

I don't believe a fetus that hasn't even got a sex yet is sacred.

who are you to say that it is, and who am I to say that it isn't?

noone is forcing people to get abortions they don't want.

but forcing mothers to keep babies they don't want would be just as bad.

especially since anti-abortionists wouldn't be so happy to keep one or two unwanted children in their family.

Imagine growing up knowing you weren't wanted but you were forced upon someone.

I never said that I agreed with the notion of killing abortion doctors, that I think is a horrible notion.

I never said you agreed with that either.

But you seem to think that abortion should not be legal, yes? I am asking so as not to put words in your mouth.

A parasitic group of cells have the "right" to be born into extreme poverty and lacking access to education. We have the "right" to play god and execute people, but we don't have the right to control our own bodies, or the right to request euthenasia when terminally ill, old, and/or elderly.

Having the right to live is absurd when we don't have the right to a peaceful death when we are beyond repair, in the comfort of our own home surrounded by family and friends.

Reactions: Galileo
A parasitic group of cells have the "right" to be born into extreme poverty and lacking access to education. We have the "right" to play god and execute people, but we don't have the right to control our own bodies, or the right to request euthenasia when terminally ill, old, and/or elderly.

Having the right to live is absurd when we don't have the right to a peaceful death when we are beyond repair, in the comfort of our own home surrounded by family and friends.

Bolding mine. I agree with this completely. I do not see why euthanasia is illegal (although that is a different debate altogether). A survey taken in NZ in 2008 showed that 71% of NZers wanted to have euthanasia legalised. You might be interested in the Lesley Martin case.

If abortion doctors are murderers then why not executioners?

Just because they committed a murder doesn't make them less human than a fetus.

...don't be a fool, wrap your tool...