Law and the Sex Offenders Register | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Law and the Sex Offenders Register

Although I understand the requirement for a sex offenders register and also its publication the measures in place seem dramatically silly as there are usual legal paradigms regarding 15 year olds and 18 year olds and such when all parties if not de jure are certainly de facto consenting.

The legal particulars don't seem properly stipulated for case specifics; bearing in mind that de jure is based upon 'probable action, viewed as proven in front of a court of peers when compared to the legal statute'.

Mother of God, could you drop it? I was wrong to tell this is only temporary about the experience I had yesterday....I'm not posting a picture and saying this man is bla bla bla. I'm talking about the over all subject of how the matter of paedophilia is dealt with in different countries around the world.

After we got back to my friends house we had a talk about it...I felt the sex offense register should be made public, an she didn't for different reasons. I was hoping t hear what other people thought.

Reactions: Stu and Sriracha
Actually many states have recognized that certain things need to be addressed and are creating laws to temper certain things. One of the ones I read include this 18yr old and 15yr old scenario. Something along the lines of 3 years age difference doesn't meet the standards of a sex offender or some such. Seems reasonable to me too. Whereas an 18yr old with a 12yr old didn't and that person should be seen as a sex offender.

However, consent laws were made to recognize that for the most part, adolescents do not have the ability to make certain decisions for themselves and are still under the direction of their parents.

Actually many states have recognized that certain things need to be addressed and are creating laws to temper certain things. One of the ones I read include this 18yr old and 15yr old scenario. Something along the lines of 3 years age difference doesn't meet the standards of a sex offender or some such. Seems reasonable to me too. Whereas an 18yr old with a 12yr old didn't and that person should be seen as a sex offender.

However, consent laws were made to recognize that for the most part, adolescents do not have the ability to make certain decisions for themselves and are still under the direction of their parents.

I think thats for the best! I don't see why they would put anyone who wasn't a serious threat on the register. I think it's such a pity Ireland couldn't adopt a system like the US...it seems to work for you.

If you actually look at the registries contained here:

http://www.nsopw.gov/Core/PublicRegistrySites.aspx

you will see that there is information contained as to the actual nature of the offense.

If you click on "Missouri" (which I did, because it is roughly in the middle), you will get this lovely page:
http://www.mshp.dps.mo.gov/CJ38/search.jsp Containing photos of "ABSCONDERS who are Offenders with Unknown home addresses and Non-Compliant status" meaning, they don't just have sex with their underage girlfriends, they kidnap 6 year olds and molest them, and have been convicted of doing so based on evidence, not "hysteria". Anyone responsible for caring for young children would want to be aware of these people and their whereabouts. Sometimes there are 18 year olds with 15 year olds on there too, actually.

Neverwhere, sorry for asking you to tell the story, and having accusations of immaturity and being emasculating thrown at you. Obviously you didn't deserve either of those names.

Reactions: 5r6jhd
I think thats for the best! I don't see why they would put anyone who wasn't a serious threat on the register. I think it's such a pity Ireland couldn't adopt a system like the US...it seems to work for you.

I think every country should adopt our systems because we are right. We will show you how right we are if you disagree though our program: We Are Right or W.A.R.

Reactions: acd
If you actually look at the registries contained here:

http://www.nsopw.gov/Core/PublicRegistrySites.aspx

you will see that there is information contained as to the actual nature of the offense.

If you click on "Missouri" (which I did, because it is roughly in the middle), you will get this lovely page:
http://www.mshp.dps.mo.gov/CJ38/search.jsp Containing photos of "ABSCONDERS who are Offenders with Unknown home addresses and Non-Compliant status" meaning, they don't just have sex with their underage girlfriends, they kidnap 6 year olds and molest them, and have been convicted of doing so based on evidence, not "hysteria". Anyone responsible for caring for young children would want to be aware of these people and their whereabouts. Sometimes there are 18 year olds with 15 year olds on there too, actually.

Neverwhere, sorry for asking you to tell the story, and having accusations of immaturity and being emasculating thrown at you. Obviously you didn't deserve either of those names.

I find these descriptions really vague, what the heck is "sexual misconduct"? I do see some on there that look quite dangerous but a lot of these leave me wondering what exactly they did? I also thought it was kind of funny that "Statutory rape" and "Statutory sodomy" appear to be different offenses.

I think every country should adopt our systems because we are right. We will show you how right we are if you disagree though our program: We Are Right or W.A.R.

Go eat a cheeseburger

Reactions: Norton

The ultimate reconciliation of a situation where two individuals or societies simply cannot agree to disagree nor to ignore, but simply must annihilate the other. Also an entirely valid ethical position if the books are correctly weighed.

As a bonus, the ultimate way to clear out the sex offenders register (of the losing society anyway).

I find these descriptions really vague, what the heck is "sexual misconduct"? I do see some on there that look quite dangerous but a lot of these leave me wondering what exactly they did? I also thought it was kind of funny that "Statutory rape" and "Statutory sodomy" appear to be different offenses.

There is a link next to the offense that says "More Infomation" tells you the legal definition of the offense. I didn't see sexual misconduct on any of those pages, so I am not sure what it means. Probably exposing yourself at a playground or something, I don't know.

I feel as on one hand if the person is let out of jail then he should be rehabilitated or he (he or she) shouldnt be let out; otherwise it should have a life or death sentence. On the other hand what if that person is later deemed innocent as has happened before? Then his life is ruined. I think the whole concept needs an overhaul. Then again I dont even believe prison is a good or even a moral thing to have going on anyways.

I'm not worried about who is on the sex offender list as much as I am worried about those who haven't yet been caught. Most offenders know their victims, so you need to be more concerned about Crazy Uncle Willie than the poor dude who is life long listed on the registry for statutory rape. Still, I would not want to live next to a known sex offender.

Parents also wait until it is too late to educate their kids about good touch, bad touch. Sandusky should be chopped into little pieces.

http://www.familywatchdog.us/

Date rapists get put on the registry too, I believe.
I'm not so sure that that's a good thing.

It would seem though that you are buying into the idea that there are different categories of rape then. If I know my attacker, let him buy me dinner and drive me home and he forces me to have sex--it isn't "real" rape. As opposed to getting jumped by some stranger who I don't know and didn't choose to be near. Let's count the bruises and internal damage and decide whether it is a sexual offense deserving of inclusion shall we?

this is supposedly after you have paid your debt in society with prision and possible chemical castration.

Sexual predators are more then criminals, they are pathological. In a perfect world they would be treated and if not made whole, then they would be removed from any situation where they would lose control and prey on someone.

This is not a "Right" vs "Wrong" issue, it is a mental health issue. If you are a proven sexual predator then your rights, to a large degree, are nullified.

Date rapists get put on the registry too, I believe.
I'm not so sure that that's a good thing.

Why? Because a woman out on a date with her attacker is asking for it? Or a tease? Or the guy just got way too horny and couldn't help himself...it wasn't real rape, just friendly over excitement?

Sexual predators are more then criminals, they are pathological. In a perfect world they would be treated and if not made whole, then they would be removed from any situation where they would lose control and prey on someone.

This is not a "Right" vs "Wrong" issue, it is a mental health issue. If you are a proven sexual predator then your rights, to a large degree, are nullified.

Crazy people dont belong on the streets.

Crazy people dont belong on the streets.

Right, so are you suggesting that maybe instead of prison those convicted of pedophilia be forced to carry out their sentences in psychiatric hospitals? ;)