Ladies! Don't imitate stupid men! | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Ladies! Don't imitate stupid men!

Women get drunk easier then men due to their body weight, but that's still no excuse. Fight the power, ladies!

No. Women get drunk easier than men because quite a few idiots see the amount men drink and think it's a womens lib right to be able to drink the same amount.

this one is nice and funny
[youtube]pcodyFKKdVM[/youtube]
[youtube]AvBKlBhfgPc[/youtube]

Not all the PSAs had to be violent to entertai-educate you though.

[YOUTUBE]nojWJ6-XmeQ[/YOUTUBE]

I would ignore your argument.

And I'd beat you in the middle or the store.
[YOUTUBE]y0kGEC69S7c[/YOUTUBE]

I like the condom one - I remember seeing that one a while back. Heck, we could do with more clever ads, too. We tend to ignore the PSAs in the US unless it's those Truth ads (on tobacco).

nice sexist title

These particular habits have been called male-centric. But women are catching up. It's just bad, period. I'm upset that women are choosing this behavior, because it doesn't make sense to me to do this when they have children in the car with them. That's much, much worse.

So maybe those habbits are not male-centric at all but rather human. From your reply it seems as if drunk men riding with kids are more justified than women.

In the age of gender equality this is bound to happen. Isn't it?
The line between what is male and female is getting thinner (which for me is a good thing) but it's a delusion if it's only the "good" things that will change.

But yeah it's a subject worth discussing, drunk driving is one of the worst things out there. Just because a lot of people dies from it, and it's so easy to avoid.
Don't drive the car if you have been drinking ... so simple.
For me it doesn't matter if it's a female or male driving the car drunk. It's just as bad.

As usuall im not sure if I can comunicate what I want said properly. But I hope you get the idea ^^;

I think women have been drinking for years, but maybe just hiding it more.

drink all you want just don't drive.

So maybe those habbits are not male-centric at all but rather human. From your reply it seems as if drunk men riding with kids are more justified than women.

No, of course not. It's bad whoever does it. But the folks who are being called out on it are women, and that's what the article's about. I'm sure it might happen with men as well (especially in dual income homes) but typically it's been women who have the SUV or mini-van picking up their kids.

In the age of gender equality this is bound to happen. Isn't it?
The line between what is male and female is getting thinner (which for me is a good thing) but it's a delusion if it's only the "good" things that will change.

But yeah it's a subject worth discussing, drunk driving is one of the worst things out there. Just because a lot of people dies from it, and it's so easy to avoid.
Don't drive the car if you have been drinking ... so simple.
For me it doesn't matter if it's a female or male driving the car drunk. It's just as bad.

As usuall im not sure if I can comunicate what I want said properly. But I hope you get the idea ^^;

Definitely get the idea, Seeker (and long time no see!). I would say, though, that gender equality aside this probably has been happening in smaller doses. But now that women are catching up with the alcoholism rate to men, they're habits are deadlier, too.

I think women have been drinking for years, but maybe just hiding it more.

*Nod*. That, too. But they (we) haven't typically been doing things like picking up the kids and running around this crazy. It's changing, though. Which isn't a good thing at all.

It used to be good ol' boys in their pickup trucks late at night. Now it's middle of the afternoon young moms in their SUVs.

They seem to have a handle on some of the reasons behind the increase in women arrested DUI, but they didn't identify a reason that the numbers are decreasing for men. Women taking on more external stress and police being more willing to make the arrest mid-day with kids in the car are important reasons. The decrease for men is important to examine to see if we can accomplish more of that. People willing to put their own children at risk are calloused to an extent that it is difficult to know how to get through to them. DUI's are a problem where I live. Publishing the names of DUI arrests in the paper is common in the U.S., and from what I understand about where I live now, they come in to make the official arrest at the person's place of employment the next day.

For some reason it never set in my mind as a gender issue. I remember back in the '80's when various movies and media made DUI look cute and adventurous. That always exasperated me. It usually showed teenagers of both genders from what I remember.