Knowing you are an INFJ | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Knowing you are an INFJ

Damn, with all your talk about Fe and being outgoing is making me think I might be an INFJ and not an ENFJ.

When I get really angry (which isn't much) I have to leave the situation to calm down and collect myself. Maybe I am an INFJ after all...

Highly possible.

Your pictures looked like a cross between an ENFJ and an INFJ, but if I had to pick, I'd say you were an introvert. There looked like there was more going on inside than you were projecting.

I'm still a firm believer that I'm really close to the middle between the two, but all the facts point to me leaning on the introvert side. I can't really see an ENFJ posting on a forum as much as you. They have inferior Ti. This distant form of interaction doesn't seem to appeal to ENFJs very much at all, from what I've seen.

In otherwords, I agree.

Edit: I'd like to add that I've noticed a trend in straight INFJ males. We are ridiculously rare, but we have a different vibe than the INFJ females and INFJ gay males (who share a vibe). Despite all of us seeming very androgynous, and having a good grasp of our male and female sides while sort of transcending them both, the straight INFJ male usually has a visceral connection to their Se that the females and gay males usually lack. Don't get me wrong, the female INFJs I know have an amazing, though often untapped, reserve of Se in there. However, it only seems to pop up (much to the surprise of anyone who has it sprung on them) when needed.

For the straight INFJ males, however, we have a tendency to embrace it more in the form of individual physical activities like martial arts, guns, skateboarding, etc. I've never, and I mean never known any of us to be into commercial team sports that we weren't personally playing, but the attraction to stuff like archery, fencing, and the like seems to be a common source of interest for us, almost like we feel driven to compensate for our Ni and Fe sensibility, but because Se is our inferior function, we only really engage it in a focused and individual way - that is often in the form of something resembling self defense ability. It gives us this sort of focused edge in our vibe, as opposed to the dreaminess that the female and gay INFJ males tend to have in their vibe. And oh how lovely it is to just stare at that vibe, but us straight INFJ males don't quite have it like they do.

For a long time, I've been assuming that this was a sign of us straight INFJs being ENFJs, but now I'm starting to see that it's an instinctive or maybe cultural urge to embrace our Se more as 'men', and the Se that is showing through is making us seem more ENFJ, because the ENFJ males I know just don't get as lost in their imaginations as we do.

Anyway, I could be wrong, and maybe we're all actually ENFJs, but if I'm right, this might end up being a distinction for me to add to the list because the extra Se will certainly be a factor that adds weight to extroverted preference in any MBTI type test.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blind Bandit
Highly possible.

Edit:
For the straight INFJ males, however, we have a tendency to embrace it more in the form of individual physical activities like martial arts, guns, skateboarding, etc.

For me this is jogging. I never thought of that as Se, but it really is, now that I think about it more.

I think the heightened Se in straight male INFJ's would indeed explain why they often appear more open. It is concidered that INFJ's are some of the less introverted of the introverts (its not common, but some people will mistake me for extroverted).

The thing is though that if Se becomes a putoff at an early age, the person will then turn to Ti instead of Se and thus making them appear more introvered, and this can happen to any INFJ.

I would assume that the stronger one's Fe is, the higher and wider the 'ENFJ' waves would become. I like this theory a lot.

Yeah definitely. This theory is as flexible as there is INFJ's on the world. Strong
introverts could have deeper and wider 'INTP' phases resulting effective thinking function.
Some could have lingering 'ENFJ' episodes. Meanwhile few could stay mostly in
the middle keeping it steady.

Long strolls at night are one of my Ni and Se indulgences. Clears my head like little else.

Well that where I must get my love for walking.

Don't get me wrong, the female INFJs I know have an amazing, though often untapped, reserve of Se in there. However, it only seems to pop up (much to the surprise of anyone who has it sprung on them) when needed.

Heehee.

Alright. After reading the discussion about Se, my quest for my type has entered another "I'm probably an INFJ" phase. (The other possible type would be INFP, and I have even begun to consider INTP and INTJ.)

So I might add myself as sample data here. I'm not foreign at all to Se. I have been into karate, archery, skateboarding, juggling and currently dance (lindy hop), which I will talk about.

When I examine the way I dance and compare it to the style of others, I notice some interesting things. My first concern is always to make it comfortable for the follower. How it feels for me is secondary - if I can sense that it feels god for her, then I'm perfectly happy. That got to be Fe. The most common comment I hear about my style is that my lead is soft and clear, which I think is Fe/Se. When I overhear two followers discussing lead styles and they say "I don't like it when they...", I instinctively sharpen my ears and soak it in. Very important information for me. Fe has shaped my style more than anything.

I have one practice partner that is ENFP. She does not care as much about her partner as long as it feels good for her. I'm fine with that. She likes to play a lot, which I do too. Another (less frequent) comment I get is that one can never expect me to lead the same pattern twice - that I'm unpredictable. That's Ne I think, and my ENFP partner enjoys that.

My other partner is ESTJ. She is a lovely person, btw. Promise. Although she doesn't care much about how it feels for any of us. She is more into accomplishments. She wants to learn this move. Break it down and understand every step and every weight change and how she should twist her hip on the 4-count and lift her elbow on the 6-count etc. She can become upset if she doesn't understand it but becomes very happy once she has mastered it. I'm into beaking things down like this too. I don't know if it is Te or Ti.

Si then. A lot of lindy hoppers like things to be done like the oldtimers did it. They dress up in 1930's clothing, dance only to authentic music. Try to mimic the styles of the famous dancers, copying their moves and styles. They do it like it is SUPPOSED to be done. And I just can't understand this. I'm sure there is substance to this somehow, but for me it is foreign. I like to dance to funk music, I wear my normal casual clothes, I make up moves on the fly and I try to find my own style. THIS is why I'm probably not by definition INFP. If I was, then Si would be my tertiary function, and I would at least see the POINT of all this.

So. For now, I'm INFJ again.

Edit: I'd like to add that I've noticed a trend in straight INFJ males. We are ridiculously rare, but we have a different vibe than the INFJ females and INFJ gay males (who share a vibe). Despite all of us seeming very androgynous, and having a good grasp of our male and female sides while sort of transcending them both, the straight INFJ male usually has a visceral connection to their Se that the females and gay males usually lack. Don't get me wrong, the female INFJs I know have an amazing, though often untapped, reserve of Se in there. However, it only seems to pop up (much to the surprise of anyone who has it sprung on them) when needed.

For the straight INFJ males, however, we have a tendency to embrace it more in the form of individual physical activities like martial arts, guns, skateboarding, etc. I've never, and I mean never known any of us to be into commercial team sports that we weren't personally playing, but the attraction to stuff like archery, fencing, and the like seems to be a common source of interest for us, almost like we feel driven to compensate for our Ni and Fe sensibility, but because Se is our inferior function, we only really engage it in a focused and individual way - that is often in the form of something resembling self defense ability. It gives us this sort of focused edge in our vibe, as opposed to the dreaminess that the female and gay INFJ males tend to have in their vibe. And oh how lovely it is to just stare at that vibe, but us straight INFJ males don't quite have it like they do.

For a long time, I've been assuming that this was a sign of us straight INFJs being ENFJs, but now I'm starting to see that it's an instinctive or maybe cultural urge to embrace our Se more as 'men', and the Se that is showing through is making us seem more ENFJ, because the ENFJ males I know just don't get as lost in their imaginations as we do.

Actually I have to be " odd one out" here. I have no urge to "embrace" Se . I pretty much have a serious aversion to "Se based" activities; I am not all driven to compensate for my Ni and Fe sensibilities. I have been told that I give off the "dreaminess" in my vibe a lot.

That being said I still wonder I am really INFP and I believe one's personal aspirations have a lot to do with how one develops and uses one's functions. And just because I do not adhere to this trend does not mean it would not apply to many others as a general trend

I've noticed that one of the conditions of being an INFJ is sometimes second guessing whether or not we are INFJs. I thought I'd start a thread for points to help alleviate some of the confusion.

1. INFJs do not have the same Ni as INTJs. INTJs seem to have a sharper Ni than INFJs. If you are doubting your Ni because you are comparing to an INTJ, be aware that their secondary Te allows their Ni to function more sharply in a lot of areas, especially logical and practical areas, and they tend to be able to ennunciate what they 'see' better than us. First, compare your Ni to everyone else. If it is stronger than most other types you know, then compare your ability to sense what people are feeling, and especially things of a spiritual nature, to an INTJ. If you are more acute here, then you are very likely an INFJ.
well that explains some things...not good with the practical stuff at all

2. INFJs tend to appear more extroverted than a lot of other introverts because Fe is our secondary function. This can be a triple extroversion effect because Fe cares about others and is the clearest expression of 'extroversion' in the functions, the secondary position is the parent or nurturing reflex, and Ni is very difficult to spot in outward expression as it is the least outwardly expressive of all the functions. In effect, when we develop our Fe to healthy levels, it shines like a light that can obscure our Ni to others. INFJs can be extremely chatty and gregarious, and because we care about and love people, we're often seeking contact with others. The way to tell if you're an introvert is to consider how you react to extreme anger or extreme hurt feelings. Is your reflex to pull away from others? You're an introvert. Do you have to think and feel your way through these issues until you can get over them? You're an introvert. Extroverts have this amazing ability to just dump their feelings in the form of expressing them, and they're over it. Despite appearing like extroverts, we INFJs don't really have that. The closest we get to it is seeking the aid of a trusted confidante to help us figure these things out for ourselves, because we know the power of helping someone do that - because that's what we do.

well yeah...do have a high Fe so INFJs do look a lot like extraverts. i think deep down though most every introvert knows he's an introvert. extraverts im not so sure, sometimes i think they fancy themselves introverts. i think that's the easiest dichotomy to detect in others, personally.

3. Imagine the kind of person you would seek out, if you had to find a complete stranger to help you unravel something that was bothering you. Would that ideal person be an INFJ type, or something really close to it? Then you're an INFJ, because in those moments we're looking for a mirror.

i would probably seek out an INFJ. INFPs are nice but i don't think they would "get me" as well as a J would. and INTJs seem too logical and cold at times (no offense anyone).

4. J-ness. A lot of INFJs are not especially organized physically, and that's not uncommon as Se is our inferior trait. We tend to approach physical organization last, and the amount of physical disarray in our environments is usually an indication as to how backed up everything else is, as it has last priority. However, stop and consider if you can accept not having things emotionally, intellectually, or spiritually ambiguous. If that's difficult for you, then you're a J type. If you tend to need to label things, clarify, and compartmentalize things so that you can understand them better, you're a J type.

i am not organized psychically much at all. but in general wanting to define, label, clarify sounds a lot like me. and i always want to know what's next. i can qualify things, though articulation and expression is pretty difficult for me, but i tend to shy away from quantifying things. (that might be a tangent but i thought of it when you mentioned labeling things.) i hate ambiguity, it drives me nuts, trying to figure it out, getting it into some format i can wrap my head around. although some things are just by nature ambiguous, i learn to accept that

5. The darned pesky Tertiary Ti. From time to time, INFJs can get really detached and disillusioned. This happens when our Fe can't reconcile something, and the duty falls upon Ti. The problem is, Fe includes a worldview paradigm. We feel how things should be, so when they are not, this usually upsets us. At this point our Fe is only being upset, and it directs our Ti to make sense of everything, and sometimes with a fair amount of malice. When we get into this state, we can become suddenly hypercritical, bitchy, and downright mean. But, we can also become very detatched emotionally, and that steely resolve we were all born with rears its head. Combined with Ti's logical approach to things, we can really start to appear as T types, and this is especially true of INFJ males who may feel a lot of pressure to fit the cultural expectation of the T dominant male gender role. If you're considering that you might be an INTJ rather than an INFJ, there is a simple litmus. Do you tend to focus on the little details when you engage your logic functions? If so, you're using Ti and not Te, making you an INFJ. INTJs actually have a lot of trouble focusing on the details, considering them superflous. A really good indication that you're an INFJ in a Ti mode is when you can't stop focusing on the details, and go through logic loops. This is because our Ti is tertiary, and therefore pretty weak until we develop it.

really? this is news. i did not know INTJs had issues with details. I have been considering INTJ for reasons of trying to suppress my F, as you mentioned above. but i find (and others tell me) that at times i can get very detail-focused, almost overly so. i look at a situation almost hyper-analytically, not seeing the whole thing but focusing in on minor details, trying to clear up definitions, and-as others have told me- becoming very black and white and logical. so i guess check for that one too.

so what do you all think? INFJ here?

really? this is news. i did not know INTJs had issues with details. I have been considering INTJ for reasons of trying to suppress my F, as you mentioned above. but i find (and others tell me) that at times i can get very detail-focused, almost overly so. i look at a situation almost hyper-analytically, not seeing the whole thing but focusing in on minor details, trying to clear up definitions, and-as others have told me- becoming very black and white and logical. so i guess check for that one too.

so what do you all think? INFJ here?

It's true that INTJs like dealing with the big picture concept and not details. To make sure the thing we are working on "works" we entertain playing with some details, but we'd rather not. For example, I have a lot of issues with math because I consistently drop the sign somewhere or I'll do the opposite function that I was intending to do. I get the process, I can explain it, I know WHY it matters and why you have to do it a certain way, but I make frequent mistakes. I also don't double check anything, seems like a waste of time to me (I don't double check essays, for example, which has lead to many instances like now where I'm editing in some information I left out) I also kinda have an uninhibited speaking process, I'll say something and then incessantly rephrase what I said, out loud (This could be an issue with me not thinking before I speak though lol) INTJs don't tend to focus on minor details, to be frank. There are boring and tedious, a necessary evil, but a evil someone else can play with.

RWIR: You seem XNFJish to me. I typically know, within minutes, if someone is an INFP (or ENFP kinda.) When someone is of the INFP, they strike me as so really quickly.

Edit: Added stuff

Last edited:
Reactions: rawr
Alright. After reading the discussion about Se, my quest for my type has entered another "I'm probably an INFJ" phase. (The other possible type would be INFP, and I have even begun to consider INTP and INTJ.)

Heh, not at all surprising. I still entertain the possibility that I'm an ENFJ or INFP, and on rare occaisions even an ENFP (though this notion never survives contact with an ENFP). I've got lots of reasons why I could be an ENFJ or an INFP that seem to make sense to me at the time, some of which always do.

The thing we have to keep in mind about type is that everyone uses all of the cognitive functions. Type is simply a collection of common preferences, but most importantly type does transcend the cognitive functions to a fair degree. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts, and that's something that Ni and Ti tend to overlook. Ni and Ti tend to want to find the answers, want to dissect the concept into its components, but the more accurate way of looking at personality type is that these components are raw elements thrown into a solution, creating a new compound that contains some of the properties of the elements that make it up but is otherwise an entirely new agent. Everyone is made up of the 8 elements, and the difference is in the measure of them. (Man, I hope that wasn't too nerdy to understand)

So I might add myself as sample data here. I'm not foreign at all to Se. I have been into karate, archery, skateboarding, juggling and currently dance (lindy hop), which I will talk about.

All of these are solo activities, as in they are not team sports. This implies introversion in a personality to me.

When I examine the way I dance and compare it to the style of others, I notice some interesting things. My first concern is always to make it comfortable for the follower. How it feels for me is secondary - if I can sense that it feels god for her, then I'm perfectly happy. That got to be Fe. The most common comment I hear about my style is that my lead is soft and clear, which I think is Fe/Se. When I overhear two followers discussing lead styles and they say "I don't like it when they...", I instinctively sharpen my ears and soak it in. Very important information for me. Fe has shaped my style more than anything.

I agree. This implies Fe and Se to me too, but with a much greater emphasis on Fe. Obviously, caring more about the partner than the self is an Fe reflex, but I'm finding that Fe is also responsible for the quality of how we move too.

I'd recently been told that I'm graceful, despite always thinking I'm a graceless adept that just kind of gets the physical activity done correctly without much style. And then I discussed this with my INTJs, and they've all noticed a pattern with NFJs that we're graceful, and tend toward fluid movements, even (and especially) in our subtle everyday unconscious movements. Apparently, Fe is also a catalyst for this gracefulness you've mentioned, because I can assure you, none of my INTJs have this. When they devote themselves to physical activity, they move well and often accurately, but not like us. They are very deliberate and mechanical, which proves it's not just Se. It's a mix of the two - Fe and Se.

It also implies that these things, Fe and Se but especially Fe, are more important to you than other aspects, proving their 'priority'.

I have one practice partner that is ENFP. She does not care as much about her partner as long as it feels good for her. I'm fine with that. She likes to play a lot, which I do too. Another (less frequent) comment I get is that one can never expect me to lead the same pattern twice - that I'm unpredictable. That's Ne I think, and my ENFP partner enjoys that.

Actually, that could be Ni. Keep in mind that Ni is not a tradtionalist or repetition oriented function like Si. It is very situational. It's looking for the answer based on the variables that currently exist. While Ne is always coming up with possibilities, Ni is always adapting to find the answer in the new context. It could be that your Ni leads differently each time based on subtle changes in your partner's mood, movements, the people around you, the music, etc. Ni is very outside the box, and is almost as much removed from Si as Ne.

The main reason I think this is Ni is because other people have to tell you that you're making the changes. Ne would be consciously aware of the changes that it was intentionally making, and would probably have more trouble staying in a routine than you're describing. Ni would adapt the routine to improve it in the moment. Ne would want to constantly overhaul routines.

My other partner is ESTJ. She is a lovely person, btw. Promise. Although she doesn't care much about how it feels for any of us. She is more into accomplishments. She wants to learn this move. Break it down and understand every step and every weight change and how she should twist her hip on the 4-count and lift her elbow on the 6-count etc. She can become upset if she doesn't understand it but becomes very happy once she has mastered it. I'm into beaking things down like this too. I don't know if it is Te or Ti.

NFJs tend to want to use Ti to break things down, as mentioned above. When we do it, we understand things on a micro scale and can have trouble re-integrating them back into the big picture. That's a good way to tell if you're using Ti over Te. It takes more effort to put it back together than to take it apart, mentally, especially if our Ti is dominant over our Se, because NFJs tend to use Se to see the big picture. Ti breaks it down for us in a more right brained kind of way, and Se then sees the point to it in an extremely right brained way.

It sounds to me like the ESTJ is using Si and Te, and not much Ti. Her Si wants to focus on the details, and only once she has gotten them locked into her memory is her Te able to put them all together in a way that allows her to 'accomplish' what her Te told her Si to do. Only then do her functions then shift down into the Fi range where she is happy about the achievement.

It's easy to look at people who use their functions in these sorts of ways and assume that we do too, because we have functions that fill the same roles for us, but do so differently. The only thing I need to do to realize I'm not an ENFP is be around one for a moment. Although we do many of the same things overall, it is so clear we come to them from completely different angles. It takes me a little while longer to do this with an INFP, maybe an hour or so (because they use the same introvert/extrovert/introvert/extrovert pattern as me), but the end result is the same - me realizing we're using completely different functions.

Si then. A lot of lindy hoppers like things to be done like the oldtimers did it. They dress up in 1930's clothing, dance only to authentic music. Try to mimic the styles of the famous dancers, copying their moves and styles. They do it like it is SUPPOSED to be done. And I just can't understand this. I'm sure there is substance to this somehow, but for me it is foreign. I like to dance to funk music, I wear my normal casual clothes, I make up moves on the fly and I try to find my own style. THIS is why I'm probably not by definition INFP. If I was, then Si would be my tertiary function, and I would at least see the POINT of all this.

Ti could fill that role too with its attention to detail so long as your Se was on board with an interest in the aesthetic. If your Fe ever got convinced that authenticity is something that should be aspired to, then you'd be right there with them, though from a different approach. But, even if either of these did so, it is likely that your Ni will always be more concerned with adapting everything into the best solution for the moment based on the variables presented.

So. For now, I'm INFJ again.

Highly possible. If not INFJ, then ENFJ, sounds like, though I'm leaning on INFJ due to the introverted nature of your sports interests.

I just had an Ni moment that I need to jot down...

INFJ males commonly develop Ti and especially Se because Ni and Fe won't solve the stressors created by gender roles and cultural expectations.

Also, Carl Jung at one point thought that INFJs couldn't actually exist because secondary Fe would always overpower dominant Ni. Interesting observation, because it implies that a lot of us who are INFJs may often appear as ENFJs.

Last edited:
I realized the reason why I seem so extroverted. It's because when I'm with people
I need to assert myself because that's what Fe does. Otherwise I have to lean on my
inferior Se and just observe everything. It drains me. When I just lean on my Fe and
talk my Ni out I get energized and relaxed. I often talk about abstract subjects and
scenarios that I come up constantly with my Ni. It's fun to do it with other NJ's, somebody
always have something to add and the story get's hilarious.

If I stay quiet I start to feel disconnected and get lost in my head. I'm sometimes more
extroverted than many extroverts I know and people generally energize me. 24 hours
without interacting with anyone drives me almost crazy. How I know I'm an introvert is
because even thought people energize me they also drain me on a long run. Getting my
own time to reflect things trought is crusial for me.

What you said about INFJ males being driven to develop Se was interesting.
I use it alot or should I say the combination of Ni and Se. It's great if I can use my Ni
at the same time Snooker is perfect example of using both Ni and Se as tandem function.
Ni brings some advantage because I can clearly see in my mind what I'm going to do before
I do it. I'm actually pretty good in many sports and my Se has this unconscious vibe when
I work with my Se I get sucked in and do everything without fully realizing what I'm doing
but it often it ends up perfectly. I hate to watch sports on television but when I personally
engage in some Se activities like beachvolley, playing guitar, drawing, driving etc. It's
enjoyable.

Did you mean that female and gay infj's don't use Se as much in the form of physical activities?
Or that they don't have the cultural manly 'Don't mess with me' sign in their forehead because
it's okay for them to be sensitive and fussy?

Last edited:

I could see the straight male part; as a gay male myself, there's still some urge to do some martial arts; Aikido, Wushu...even when I haven't done it before. Or Archery, Fencing, even rifle-shooting..the idea tempts me. But yes, I lacked the will (or the Se, so to speak), to actually actualize it.

Now.. I don't know whether it's related to gender / sexual identity tho, but I actualize my Se in art. Cooking, drawing, most of them. Sometimes writing too. Carefully adding details, somewhat uncarefully but full of drive. Writing, imagining scenes and putting them into words, and then rechecking it to see the consistency etc.

I have no idea whether if other INFJs were like me, but so far, it quite helps to develop my Se of "JUST DO IT. JUUUST DO IT."

I just had an Ni moment that I need to jot down...

INFJ males commonly develop Ti and especially Se because Ni and Fe won't solve the stressors created by gender roles and cultural expectations.

Also, Carl Jung at one point thought that INFJs couldn't actually exist because secondary Fe would always overpower dominant Ni. Interesting observation, because it implies that a lot of us who are INFJs may often appear as ENFJs.

Agreed. It implies a lot about society, isn't it? :|

I could see the straight male part; as a gay male myself, there's still some urge to do some martial arts; Aikido, Wushu...even when I haven't done it before. Or Archery, Fencing, even rifle-shooting..the idea tempts me. But yes, I lacked the will (or the Se, so to speak), to actually actualize it.

Now.. I don't know whether it's related to gender / sexual identity tho, but I actualize my Se in art. Cooking, drawing, most of them. Sometimes writing too. Carefully adding details, somewhat uncarefully but full of drive. Writing, imagining scenes and putting them into words, and then rechecking it to see the consistency etc.

I have no idea whether if other INFJs were like me, but so far, it quite helps to develop my Se of "JUST DO IT. JUUUST DO IT."

Actually, it sounds just like me, right down to the same specific activities. Aikido is my favorite martial art, I've been fencing for years, I also love archery, I write fiction (even the process you described is the same as my own), and I'm an illustrator. For example, I painted this...

Shadowcon2010-Web.jpg

Agreed. It implies a lot about society, isn't it? :|

Very much so, especially if as a gay INFJ male, you're just as affected by gender role expectation as we straight INFJ males.

Very interesting how much we INFJ males, regardless of orientation are proving to have in common. But, come to think of it, some of the INFJ females I know have similar inclinations, even down to the shooting and martial arts, they just don't feel as compelled to engage in them. Interesting indeed.

Last edited:
To be honest, I am an INFJ gay male and I do engage in some sort of Se activities. For example, I have done martial arts and although it took me an extremely long time to get use to and actually enjoy it,it was a pretty good experience..though I have to quit due to school overload and stressed. I felt I was not at my best participating in this activities and felt some sort of inferiority complex when I saw others who were better coordinated and physically stronger. I also enjoy a good walk/run but my favorite activity would be my crazy jumping during music lol..I always associated that with Se. Anyhow, I still barely engage in much Se and I do appear very dreamy to many..I am into photography, but mainly animal photography. My Ti can be a pain though as that is when I get into my ''INTP'' mode..I experience this quite often. Other than that I get made fun of a lot and get called gay often, which I do not mind and I know my qualities make me who I am regardless of what society thinks.

Highly possible.

Your pictures looked like a cross between an ENFJ and an INFJ, but if I had to pick, I'd say you were an introvert. There looked like there was more going on inside than you were projecting.

I'm still a firm believer that I'm really close to the middle between the two, but all the facts point to me leaning on the introvert side. I can't really see an ENFJ posting on a forum as much as you. They have inferior Ti. This distant form of interaction doesn't seem to appeal to ENFJs very much at all, from what I've seen.

In otherwords, I agree.
I'd agree with your reading. There generally is more going on under the surface than I portray, but I've been noticing lately that my "inside" me can be quiet for long periods of time, where I go without really "thinking" much, and more or less just live in the moment. I too feel as if I'm close to the boarder of INFJ/ENFJ, as are you.

Your talk about Se also makes sense. While I'm not much into sports, music is a big outlet for me, and I think it could apply to Se (but maybe I'm wrong) I can play for hours and hours on end, much like people practice their sports for hours and hours. It's a way to keep from becoming lost in myself.

Your talk about Se also makes sense. While I'm not much into sports, music is a big outlet for me, and I think it could apply to Se (but maybe I'm wrong) I can play for hours and hours on end, much like people practice their sports for hours and hours. It's a way to keep from becoming lost in myself.

I would really think that music is one of those rare activities where we can engage all of our primary functions - Ni, Fe, Ti, and Se.

I know that when I am completely pressed in sparring that I'm using all of my functions. It's in those moments when I truly feel alive because I am operating at 110% without time to think, only do. While sparring is clearly influenced by Se, there is also an element of Ti, that graceful Fe factor, and without a doubt that Ni ability to see the patterns before they arise. I call it my Jedi sense.

I believe that as INFJs, in order for us to use Se, we almost always have to use all of our functions, as if in order to engage the next, we have to also use the previous, and when we are at Se, as INFJs, we are at our finest.

The reason this is so important is that it might just be a litmus for our type. I'm not using my whole self when I am deep in Ti, only Ni and Fe to back it up. I have a feeling ENFJs have a similar feeling when they engage their Ti, because the few ENFJs I know only truly seem like they're 'on' when they do. For us, we have to get all of them running in order to get to Se.

Might be another point to add to the list.