Keep This Thread on Topic | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Keep This Thread on Topic

Following every derivative thought that flashes through your mind is not thinking nor is it imagination. So the topic can not be anything you just thought of.

Following every derivative thought that flashes through your mind is not thinking nor is it imagination. So the topic can not be anything you just thought of.

What if she didn't just think of it? What if no one did? what if the topic naturally evolved to what it was always meant to be?

something born of natural evolution could not possibly be the topic as there is no such thing a unnatural evolution

I live life with my shirt off. That said, whenever I am faced with a predicament such as this, I reach for the greasiest, maximum strength topical ointment I have available. I put a massive glob on my palm and smear it onto my smartphone. Problem is, and I don't know if anyone else has this problem as well, my guinea pig, Hector gets excited at the sound of the opening tube and squeaks and scurries around. Of course, this gets the cat all worked up and it starts chasing Hector. Well, I have to dive onto the davenport to avoid the madness taking place under foot. Resting in such comfort, I lay down. Well, my greasy phone slides out of my hands and onto my chest. I keep trying to pick it up, but the greasy topical ointment prevents such an action and I just end up scooting my greasy phone across my belly and chest. With Hector squealing around in fear, I pick him up a lay him beside me. The cat does not approve and jumps on my greasy chest to get at Hector. When I push him off he scratches my greasy nipples and I let out a yelp. But I fear not, because the ointment should prevent infection though it does nothing for the cat and guinea pig hair that sticks to me. So I get up to take a shower. The cat bites Hector and I hear his cries as the water just beads up and rolls off of me. I give up and wait for the ointment to absorb into my flesh.

This happens quite frequently because this forum has a nasty problem of trailing from thread topics. So frustrating...
It really is a very interesting kind of life you live Milk Toast...either that of a very interesting imagination. Either way they don't make two of you everyday of the week. Hum, no offense but maybe that's for the best...I'm not sure how many Milk Toasts the world could take.

Last edited:
something born of natural evolution could not possibly be the topic as there is no such thing a unnatural evolution
Unless the history is wrong, which it could be. David Attenborough did a documentary recently stating that he thought that there was some evidence to argue that our ancestors had habituated the sea, and hunted a lot more through deep sea diving...then previously believed...

Of course, lots of people discredited it out right and said it wasn't true, or 'historic'

simply renaming floral husbandry is not a clear example of unnatural evolution. and quoting @Milktoast Bandit 's blatant attempt at drailment only serves to encourage his propensity to go off topic

A sound theory but I have to disagree. The OP clearly implies that the topic is Topics. so it should not be the search of them we focus on but rather the topics them self and what might be considered a topic.

Should it be precise and structured? Should it be more open ended and at the whim of the posters? Is there room for the topic to evolve as new information is presented amd new aspects brought to question? Do personal anecdotes have a valid place when discussing a concrete topic or should one stick to valid peer reviewed factual sources?
Yes, @Jet, everyone talk about what they want...at the same time?

Unless the history is wrong, which it could be. David Attenborough did a documentary recently stating that he thought that there was some evidence to argue that our ancestors had habituated the sea, and hunted a lot more through deep sea diving...then previously believed...

Of course, lots of people discredited it out right and said it wasn't true, or 'historic'

This belongs in the Our Ancestors were Aquatic Hunters thread

Last edited:
Yes, @Jet, everyone talk about what they want...at the same time?
Since everyone wants to know who @Stu would or would not fuck and we already determined that that is clearly not the topic, this can not be the topic either

Since everyone wants to know who @Stu would or would not fuck and we already determined that that is clearly not the topic, this can not be the topic either
I think you've become derailed...and need to open your own thread to deal with your speculative concern....ugh.....I think we're quite good with going ahead and jumping topics here..

Last edited:
I think you've become derailed...and need to open your own thread to deal with your speculative concern.....and um, perhaps therapy?
How is this constructive?

Since everyone wants to know who @Stu would or would not fuck

I think you've become derailed...and need to open your own thread to deal with your speculative concern....ugh.....I think we're quite good with going ahead and jumping topics here..

@Stu, I don't think anyone does want to know that.

@Stu, I don't think anyone does want to know that.

Shall we explore the possibility that What you don't think anyone wants is the actual topic?
First off it is a very subjective viewpoint and hard to accept that it could possibly hold up to further analysis.

The problem is, we haven't determined that that is clearly not the topic. You said that the topic can't be anything I just thought of, but there you're making the assumption that it was something I just thought of, when it's what I could've been wondering about the whole time, before you even mentioned it. You can't safely say for certain that that wasn't what I had in mind. ;}

Admittedly, I'm not sure what the topic is yet. Maybe the topic can be topics?

I'm sure we'll figure it out eventually...
The problem is, we haven't determined that that is clearly not the topic. You said that the topic can't be anything I just thought of, but there you're making the assumption that it was something I just thought of, when it's what I could've been wondering about the whole time, before you even mentioned it. You can't safely say for certain that that wasn't what I had in mind. ;}
Is it possible that the topic is the lies that @hush is willing to tell?

I'm just about to start a thread about truths and lies...so no it can't be that

(I mean I expect it from milky but I'm a little disappointed in you Hush

Don't talk to @hush that way. Hush is my mentor. When I was new to this forum, she pulled me under her broken wing and showed me the way. She trained me in all things forum. I'm still learning, so I check in with her to see how I'm doing. She always says, "Great."

I owe my forum existence to hush. Every word I have ever spilled out anywhere on this forum is a direct result of hush and her mentoring. I have her to thank for that. You have her to thank for that. So watch your tone with her. Got it?