Just how much of an effect do we really have? | INFJ Forum

Just how much of an effect do we really have?

Sep 20, 2009
MBTI
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
After reading a bunch of arguments on both the people who validate global warning and those who reject it, has left me wondering, just how much of an effect do we currently have on our planet and to be more general the universe around us?

Do you think us, being such a small part of our planet really have such a profound impact to the point of altering global patterns? I believe it is no doubt that we have evolved scientifically, advancements in space exploration have truly proven that. Later, however comes the argument that we are able to go and explore what's beyond our own atmosphere yet be unable to effectively and rapidly cover a catastrophe such as an oil spill.

I guess what I am trying to say is, just how far do you think are we?

I think we think we're much farther along than we are. I doubt our 'contributions' are significant in the grand scheme of things, but I think they're significant enough to affect our population and other life on the planet. In other words, we could damage the planet enough to kill ourselves off, and it would survive and live on long after we'd be gone, eventually regaining its strength and balance.

I doubt that Global warming is the biggest problem on the to do list of earth, however I'm not stupid enough to say that we don't have an effect on our planet.

It's sometimes difficult to appreciate the magnitude of things such as global warming. People often shrug it off, not because they don't appreciate the science behind it, but because there aren't any immediate repercussions, or visible threats.

If you take the gulf of mexico oil spill earlier this year as an example. Approximately 50,000 barrels of oil were being leaked daily. And over several months it easily became the worst ecological disaster in US history. On the other hand, US oil consumption is at roughly 20,000,000 barrels per day... and that only accounts for 40-50% of total world oil consumption. And we've been consuming oil since the industrial revolution... to put it simply sooner or later something's going to give.

You could say, the planet has coped so far, it'll cope a bit longer. But it's like leaving that spill in the gulf of mexico unattended, sooner or later you'll have oil washing up on the beaches of Florida if you don't do something. The sooner you clean stop the problem, the smaller the mess you'll have to worry about in the long run.

thats my little rant >_<

Irregardless of how much we effect "global warming" we ravage the earth for all of its resources, and use them up at alarming rates. We have in effect transformed the world from the world it was just 1000 years ago, to a playground for humans. Species lose their habitat and become extinct because of our need to consume everything, and control everyone. I don't think we'll destroy the world, I think we'll destroy ourselves first.

We are causing global warming. That is a fact I'm afraid. The only people who disagree are those that profit from people not believing it. Global warlimg IS happening. This is indisputable. The proof is all around us.

There may be other factors but we are definately a big one.

We may well ruin the planet for a few thousand years but it will recover. We may not.

But who cares right? The rich getting richer is more important than the survival of the human species.

Reactions: bamf
Since so many people are waking up to the scheme that man creates Global Warming, the phrase change in the media is becoming more and more "Climate Change" and reducing your "Carbon Footprint". It never ceases to amaze me the people that just believe whatever mainstream media throws at them. Its junk science that says man's activities are heating up the planet. Think about this, the elite's are trying desperately to pass laws for "carbon credits" that's essentially a tax on the air you breathe , ok... what good is the carbon credit tax scheme ? How is paying a carbon credit tax on the air that's always been FREE going to save the planet? The Global Warming Agenda is just about finding a way to control and milk the masses of more tax money.

I'm all for alternate energy, but for other reasons. Electrical vehicles, Bio-Diesel vehicles, ect. End the use of OIL for the main reason of WAR, the only reason why there's a Mid-East conflict, money and control. As for "Global Warming" or "Climate Change" or whatever replacement term for it that comes next, look behind the veil and don't just accept the ever changing scheme of the media. Don't take my word for it, but at least research it.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4860344067427439443#

Since so many people are waking up to the scheme that man creates Global Warming, the phrase change in the media is becoming more and more "Climate Change" and reducing your "Carbon Footprint". It never ceases to amaze me the people that just believe whatever mainstream media throws at them. Its junk science that says man's activities are heating up the planet. Think about this, the elite's are trying desperately to pass laws for "carbon credits" that's essentially a tax on the air you breathe , ok... what good is the carbon credit tax scheme ? How is paying a carbon credit tax on the air that's always been FREE going to save the planet? The Global Warming Agenda is just about finding a way to control and milk the masses of more tax money.

I'm all for alternate energy, but for other reasons. Electrical vehicles, Bio-Diesel vehicles, ect. End the use of OIL for the main reason of WAR, the only reason why there's a Mid-East conflict, money and control. As for "Global Warming" or "Climate Change" or whatever replacement term for it that comes next, look behind the veil and don't just accept the ever changing scheme of the media. Don't take my word for it, but at least research it.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4860344067427439443#

This.

People trying to profit from global warming doesn't mean it isn't happening. It is. I don't believe this because newspapers say it is. I don't read newspapers or watch the news very often. I believe this because SCIENTISTS say it is and the weather IS changing. The glaciers ARE melting. Just go on Google earth. You can see it!

People trying to profit from global warming doesn't mean it isn't happening. It is. I don't believe this because newspapers say it is. I don't read newspapers or watch the news very often. I believe this because SCIENTISTS say it is and the weather IS changing. The glaciers ARE melting. Just go on Google earth. You can see it!

It really is sad when people discredit scientists over their self-perceived logic. Honestly, what is the probability that tens of thousands of academics have come unanimously to an incorrect conclusion after millions of hours of research and professional work?

Also. Climate Change and Global Warming have two separate technical definitions from a scientific stand point. It's often used incorrectly by journalists who have know background in science. They're two very separate professions. Science is often non-profitable and honest whilst journalism can be at time manipulative in the name of profit.

Last edited: