judging? | INFJ Forum

judging?

TinyBubbles

anarchist
Oct 27, 2009
MBTI
^.^
Enneagram
from my observations alone i see very little 'judging' going on on this forum from infj's, so i'm wondering, in what ways do infj's express this function? is it in the form of daily "to do" lists, or something of that nature? please, enlighten me

When I judge, it is usually to do with something outside of myself that I sift thru in order to weigh it against my own judgment /value system in order to form an opinion on it. Then, after podering it, applying empathy and the big-picture process, I determine my judgment.

I keep in mind that everyone has different opinions about the same issue, (some similar or maybe the same), but inevidably we are all going to come out with slightly different judgments due to our own respective nature/nurture tendancies.

I gues that would be seen as tollerance or acceptance. Grace or whatever you want to call it.

It can also be viewed as respect or boundaries.

Reactions: Moxie
When I judge, it is usually to do with something outside of myself that I sift thru in order to weigh it against my own judgment /value system in order to form an opinion on it. Then, after podering it, applying empathy and the big-picture process, I determine my judgment.

I keep in mind that everyone has different opinions about the same issue, (some similar or maybe the same), but inevidably we are all going to come out with slightly different judgments due to our own respective nature/nurture tendancies.

I gues that would be seen as tollerance or acceptance. Grace or whatever you want to call it.

It can also be viewed as respect or boundaries.

that's true, people probably won't ever completely agree on things since we all come from different backgrounds and are all seeing it from a slightly different perspective. thanks for answering :) i have one more question, if you don't mind, how likely are you to change your mind once you've decided on something?

My judging score is very strong, and as such I am one of the strongest judgers here, which you might be able to gather from some of my posts. I have a very large problem with uncertainty, and as such I will do everything in my power to remove it (a very clear J trait).

My judging score is very strong, and as such I am one of the strongest judgers here, which you might be able to gather from some of my posts. I have a very large problem with uncertainty, and as such I will do everything in my power to remove it (a very clear J trait).

maybe i haven't been around that long or haven't been paying attention (very possible, lol) but i'm not getting that vibe from you at all. you seem pretty laid back to me~

do you know exactly what you're going to do tomorrow? :)

My J exhibits itself through uncertainty, and overall feelings of bitterness over failure to arrive at closure.

Externally, I am quite messy. However, there are many things about my thought process that are actually quite methodical. I like to plan.
I think the "judging" function of infjs is a bit muddled because we are generally too people oriented to seem very judger, which is a task-oriented function.

I am very very goal-oriented. I am lazy, and a procrastinator, but somehow goal oriented.

Also, I dislike to lead, but if I feel it necessary, then yes, I will take over. I just like to see things get done, or at least some planning going on. I am not the best planner, but please, somebody do it!
I don't like to change my mind once I've decided something, and I tend to use "confirmation bias" in order to avoid putting myself in position to change that decision.

maybe i haven't been around that long or haven't been paying attention (very possible, lol) but i'm not getting that vibe from you at all. you seem pretty laid back to me~

do you know exactly what you're going to do tomorrow? :)

As a matter of fact, I do :tongue1:

I'm not a black-white person like you might be thinking (which is reserved for the SJ's usually), but in terms of INFJ's I am pretty strong in the J area.

Also, I dislike to lead, but if I feel it necessary, then yes, I will take over. I just like to see things get done, or at least some planning going on. I am not the best planner, but please, somebody do it!

I never understood the J for judgment to be actually about judging others. I thought it was about getting stuff done (like MM's quote above!). I could be wrong though!

that's true, people probably won't ever completely agree on things since we all come from different backgrounds and are all seeing it from a slightly different perspective. thanks for answering :) i have one more question, if you don't mind, how likely are you to change your mind once you've decided on something?

I think for myself, it would largely depend on the situation...

However, when my mind is made up, I usually don't change it.

The word stubborn has been used to describe me, lol... I think if I reflect back in my life, changing my mind about things for myself has usually carried with it, a sense of self betrayal. It has only been in very special circumstances that I have felt ok with changing my mind.

I think for myself, so much careful thought and emotion has gone into the process, that I'm always (yes I'm saying that word of absoluteness) "always" judging things to be for the best interest of myself, others close to me and the rest of the world too...

I'm not the kind of person who goes around spewing loudly about my own judgments, they are quiet and used for the betterment of my life and the world around me.

In the odd occasional times when I have changed my mind, it has been a difficult thing, and to be honest, I wish I could remember an exact situation but I just can't. I guess it is such a rarity and likely done regarding something that I didnt feel too strongly about, so it didn't stay in my memory bank ;) But, I'm sure I've changed my mind here and there throughout my life... I remember my parents hating my stubbornness, lol.

If you are referring to issues such as personal growth through having yr value systems challenged throughout time, then I would have to say that in those times too, I truly just "Know" what is right and wrong for myself, and even in those times, if I need to tangent off in a gentler course of thought and feeling regarding an issue, then it will take it's course by way of my adding it to my view of grace and tollerance while applying it to others, (outer world) rather to myself.

My J exhibits itself through uncertainty, and overall feelings of bitterness over failure to arrive at closure.

Externally, I am quite messy. However, there are many things about my thought process that are actually quite methodical. I like to plan.
I think the "judging" function of infjs is a bit muddled because we are generally too people oriented to seem very judger, which is a task-oriented function.

I am very very goal-oriented. I am lazy, and a procrastinator, but somehow goal oriented.

I don't like to change my mind once I've decided something, and I tend to use "confirmation bias" in order to avoid putting myself in position to change that decision.

interesting. so you just want things to get done and don't really care who does it. i think being goal oriented is an admirable trait, btw. i have many dreams i'd like to one day acheive, but it's just not in me to create a structured, TIMED plan and carry it through to completion. i wish i could. lack of focus is the antithesis to productivity! :/
thanks for answering :)

interesting. so you just want things to get done and don't really care who does it. i think being goal oriented is an admirable trait, btw. i have many dreams i'd like to one day acheive, but it's just not in me to create a structured, TIMED plan and carry it through to completion. i wish i could. lack of focus is the antithesis to productivity! :/
thanks for answering :)

I have preferences as to who does it (aka not me) but I won't step in until I feel it's necessary. I'm like a secondary leader--back up batteries if you will.

The odd thing is, a lot of us have issues "starting" rather than finishing (that's another thread). Haha very true. I'm not the most productive person, though. I just like planning--it makes me feel less anxious, but I don't necessarily follow the plans super strictly. Wow lol my judging says that your miniscules look odd.

Be like frezned and use MAJUSCULEESSSS (it's a silly youtube video, ignore this).

I have preferences as to who does it (aka not me) but I won't step in until I feel it's necessary. I'm like a secondary leader--back up batteries if you will.

The odd thing is, a lot of us have issues "starting" rather than finishing (that's another thread). Haha very true. I'm not the most productive person, though. I just like planning--it makes me feel less anxious, but I don't necessarily follow the plans super strictly. Wow lol my judging says that your miniscules look odd.

Be like frezned and use MAJUSCULEESSSS (it's a silly youtube video, ignore this).

what constitutes "necessary"?

and i'm totally opposite to you in terms of starting things! i start a hundred thousand more things than i ever finish, i keep getting distracted and sidelined before i ever finish them

My J score has always been borderline( I test INFP and even INTP often). Thing is I assume responsibility a lot of times and I'm more of planner..but I'm very messy, random, laid-back and I often procrastinate. INFJ's are said to the least J and most P of all J types so..

Thing is I assume responsibility a lot of times and I'm more of planner..but I'm very messy, random, laid-back and I often procrastinate. INFJ's are said to the least J and most P of all J types so..

Same here.

I color-coordinate.

But seriously, I find judging/percieving to come out more in emotional states and focusing on interests and stuff -- Js tend to be more focused and stable in those facets.

I guess necessary is when I see no progress being made.
When the anxiety of approaching deadlines makes me wanna scream. Other than that, I'm likely to just go with the flow.

Now I'm really not all that judger. I'm just judger b/c of these things:

list-making
expectation obsessed
colors (idk, I'm just very particular about shades. very)

I'm more likely to plan out something and say I'm going to do it, and never ever start it (just daydream about starting it), than start something and not finish it, although I do that sometimes...
It's hard for me to explain how I'm a judger.

It's only slightly expressed.

I guess necessary is when I see no progress being made.
When the anxiety of approaching deadlines makes me wanna scream. Other than that, I'm likely to just go with the flow.

Now I'm really not all that judger. I'm just judger b/c of these things:

list-making
expectation obsessed
colors (idk, I'm just very particular about shades. very)

I'm more likely to plan out something and say I'm going to do it, and never ever start it (just daydream about starting it), than start something and not finish it, although I do that sometimes...
It's hard for me to explain how I'm a judger.

It's only slightly expressed.

Me too although sometimes it bugs me if I don't finish something I start. but it feels good planning on planning to do something haha. In fact, I am doing that right now :m079:
Must.. start... work...

Yep, in fact I noticed today that I naturally plan in advance...it's following these plans that I suck at.

For instance, this forum wasn't included in my plans o_O

ciao guys.

Yep, in fact I noticed today that I naturally plan in advance...it's following these plans that I suck at.

For instance, this forum wasn't included in my plans o_O

ciao guys.

haha, I usually include this forum in my day just because I know how addicting it is...

this forum and my cigars...

Oh wow, I guess I need to plan more to be considered a J lol, I never planned coming here every day and talking here..it just flows naturally, like I have the urge and need to do it. I been planning my day and future..but either I completely forget/ignore it/procrastinate about it etc etc or it fails to work after some time. lol maybe I am a P