Barnabas

Time Lord
Oct 7, 2009
Florida man
MBTI
wiblywobly
Enneagram
timeywimey
so, even though I think the idea of typing historical figures from books and what isn't accurate, I must admit it's fun.

So who wan't to take a crack at Jesus, I've seen sites that claim him an INFJ, what do you guys think. I know there are plenty of places that show him interacting with only close friends or alone. He does have the preknowledge thing hammered out fairly well. I don't no to call him a J thoug, but he was definitley an F.

This is a chance for you to dust of that bible you stole from the motel six drawer and do some reading.

Jesus could be said to be somewhat thoughtless, since he forgave everyone's sins for them without considering those who they had sinned against.

Barnabas, you want this 1000th post bad. zD

Yeah, Jesus is INFJ, Virgin Mary is INFP, Joseph is ISTJ, God is ISTP, the Devil is ESFJ, John is ENFP, Judas is ISFJ, Peter is ISFP, Mary Magdalene is ESFP, Moses is ENTJ, Solomon is INTJ, David is INTP, Abraham is ESTJ, Samson is ESTP, Noah is ENTP, and the Bible is written by ENFJs /fans of God the ISTP/.

it could be INFJ

I think INFP is also very likely. His decision making is based on Fi not Fe. He didn't do what was best for other people and he didn't concider other peoples feelings. He made decisions based on what he felt inside was good and right and social grace (being polite, ...) wasn't very high on his agenda. He followed his own deeper feelings.

And he had occasionaly fits of anger like INFP's :frusty::D

this is a theory I found on the internet:

I’d like to believe that Jesus had an actual personality, and I’m interested in understanding the type of person Jesus was when He was on the earth living His life. Here’s my guess, and my rationale (below): INFP.

Introverted – where did Jesus get his energy? Evidence for introversion: 40 days in the wilderness. Come on–an extravert would have gone nuts with no other people around for 40 days. I personally would have struck up a friendship with a volleyball after about 48 hours. Jesus often retreated after being around all those people. He also quite literally felt the energy (virtue) go out of him when he was touched in a crowd; one could say He literally found crowds to be draining.

iNtuiting – how did Jesus gather information? This is the one with the strongest evidence, IMO. Intuitors like to speak in analogies, and Jesus spoke almost non-stop in analogies (parables). He frequently spoke with double meanings (“he that hath ears to hear, let him hear”), and He was visionary, having to remind disciples that He wasn’t there to save them physically but to redeem them spiritually.

Feeling – how did Jesus make decisions? Feelers make decisions based on their personal values & how things impact people while Thinkers prefer to maker decisions using logical, objective analysis. Personally, I feel a case could be made for either on this one. There is not a lot of direct information about Jesus’ decision-making process in the Gospels, perhaps for a couple of reasons: 1) introverted intuitors rarely share their internal thought process with others, so there is less material to work with, and 2) Jesus doesn’t seem to go through a decision-making process much in the Gospels, and the few decisions He does make are made under extreme stress and may not be typical (e.g. atonement).
Feelers tend to be more accomodating and compassionate making compassionate exceptions for individuals, while Thinkers tend to be more critical and direct, preferring fairness and consistency. There are examples of Jesus taking both approaches in the Gospels. At times, Jesus is moved by compassion (e.g. loaves & fishes, calming the storm), and he makes exceptions (e.g. “neither do I condemn thee” to the woman taken in adultery); yet there are also many examples of Him being very direct and provocative (e.g. cleansing the temple, announcing “this day is this scripture fulfilled” and then continuing on in a pretty direct speech that really ticked people off); if those characteristics are more prevalent, that would make Jesus an INTP. I let the atonement itself tip the scales in favor of considering Jesus a Feeler, and as a sinner, I’m really hoping he’s an “exceptions” decision-maker more than a “fairness” decision-maker.

Perceiving – how did Jesus approach his life? Planned and orderly or “go with the flow”? His ministry seems very “go with the flow” to me. There was no time table, seemingly no schedule to their days. There was a lot of wandering. Also, the loaves & fishes incident smacks of a lack of planning (but just like a Perceiver, it all works out anyway!). Jesus was nothing if not flexible in His schedule, IMO. Ironically, many Christian churches have a much more “J” style–hierarchical, organization-focused, tightly scheduled.
http://mormonmatters.org/2008/03/31/what-is-jesus-mbti/

I personally would have struck up a friendship with a volleyball after about 48 hours.

Sorry, this was just too tempting.

castaway533.jpg

Oh that's nothing Jester, wait till you see this :p

-Edited by Satya

25012137444079960211892.jpg

This one's pretty eye-opening.

99nip.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Jesus has UNIQUE personality type. Now is there anyone who don't agree with my opinion? :D

ENFJ. An INFJ would have performed miracles that nobody would have known about. An ENFJ would, like Jesus, do it to show the awesomeness. Also, that temper tantrum in the temple (like my use of alliteration there?), is kind of like an ENFJ showing the finger. Preaching to mass crowds? ENFJ. Getting most of his immediate followers stoned, lion-nommed or crucified? ENFJ. God bless him.

Barnabas, you want this 1000th post bad. zD

Yeah, Jesus is INFJ, Virgin Mary is INFP, Joseph is ISTJ, God is ISTP, the Devil is ESFJ, John is ENFP, Judas is ISFJ, Peter is ISFP, Mary Magdalene is ESFP, Moses is ENTJ, Solomon is INTJ, David is INTP, Abraham is ESTJ, Samson is ESTP, Noah is ENTP, and the Bible is written by ENFJs /fans of God the ISTP/.

I'm sorry if this is kind of not related to the topic but...... what makes the Devil an ESFJ?

does that mean that bad people are ESFJ? ahahahahaha

what makes the Devil an ESFJ?
My fantasy. /i knew this was coming../ They look very devilish to me, in the way they try to be seducing, and to cause quarrels, and to gossip. (especially gossip, biiiiig time)
does that mean that bad people are ESFJ?
No. and i don't even believe in the concept of bad people. :) It's all interaction.

Here's an example. This guy I think is ESFJ, and two of his roles:
tim-curry2.jpg

tim-curry4.jpg
pennylamp2.jpg

Last edited:
ENFJ. An INFJ would have performed miracles that nobody would have known about. An ENFJ would, like Jesus, do it to show the awesomeness. Also, that temper tantrum in the temple (like my use of alliteration there?), is kind of like an ENFJ showing the finger. Preaching to mass crowds? ENFJ. Getting most of his immediate followers stoned, lion-nommed or crucified? ENFJ. God bless him.

a very good theory!

it could be INFJ

I think INFP is also very likely. His decision making is based on Fi not Fe. He didn't do what was best for other people and he didn't concider other peoples feelings.

You mean like laying down his life for everyone's salvation? lol def not a P. Not that a P wouldnt self sacrifice, its jsut that in my experience Ps tend to give answers less because they dont want to seem like theyre snapping to conclusion, Jesus was straight up telling lies he couldn't logically know to be true just to get his momentum going. And a lot of his actions have been misconstrued for love...

The turn the other cheek thing wasn't about love, it was about dissonance.

Jesus as described in the new testament is nowhere near P like. And his stories were not so P like they all told a specific message and point that he had pondered on. Jesus was a man with many answers (right or wrong) that he would be J enough to push those answers out in the way he did is very INFJish to me.

With my own recent spiritual awakenings, and watching how its impact on me is impacting those around me and when I speak about it its spreads some sort of positive inspiration, its a good thing I can see how INFJs could easily fall into the roles of "clergy" or "holyman" and why so many INFJs are into Yoga lol.

Also his "fits of rage" weren't like INFP fits... or P fits in general, the one story i can recall of him going nuts was in the temple with the money lenders, if that's not Fe I don't know what is. Even smashing their scales up he was "teaching a lesson"

Last edited:

I don't think he was an E, even when he was running around according to the scripture he wasn't really handling the show, his friends did all the leg work and he just gave out the message. And if I recall he didn't spread any word of his actions and miracles, he kept mum about them. Have you ever seen Jesus in the bible brag about Lazarus? No he just went on his way. Most of his "exploits" were written by his followers 100s of years after his death.

Could he possibly be the perfectly balanced person, with equal parts E-I, S-N, T-F and J-P. Like 50-50 in all of them? Anyway, he seem really balanced. He has his introverted moments like when he pray and walking around alone, and also extraverted ones where he speaks to crowds of people. Also he seems to be very flexible in his actions and how to respond to different kinds of people.

Could he possibly be the perfectly balanced person, with equal parts E-I, S-N, T-F and J-P. Like 50-50 in all of them? Anyway, he seem really balanced. He has his introverted moments like when he pray and walking around alone, and also extraverted ones where he speaks to crowds of people. Also he seems to be very flexible in his actions and how to respond to different kinds of people.

I think its important to discern from the real jesus who might have existed and what he might have done and for what reasons vs the fictional account of Jesus in bible which was written long after his death.

Bible Jesus = INFJ for sure.

Real Jesus = ?

I read some documentaries on him over the years it seems the real Jesus if he even existed was a bit of a rabblerouser. He might have been an E for sure in reality.

Jesus has UNIQUE personality type. Now is there anyone who don't agree with my opinion? :D

He owns the world. Personality becomes irrelevant when he can create biscuits and fishes out of nowhere.

Biscuits? *becomes Christian* :m073:

140lmjb.jpg

I feel one's serving a specific purpose or specific purposes could possibly be misunderstood by the many and partly understood by the few. I can see why the E and I could be misunderstood, but the I would be my choice knowing He was doing the will of His Father. I call that obedience.
I also understand when He drove those out of the Temple He had the foreknowledge of His future High Priest standing after the order of Melchizedec(sp?). He had all authority over the Temple, doing the will of His Father, to drive out the moneychangers He saw degrading His Father's House. He is the Counselor. He is the Comforter. He is the Healer with His Words. He is the One who died for the New Covenant, knowing the death of a testator must take place for a new covenant or testament to be instilled into being. INFJ. An E would not have allowed His own crucifixion for the Glory of His Father.

Forgiveness is not a blank sheet of paper to be filled in with whatever one wishes to write in it......but who am I to say such things?