It's the father's choice! | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

It's the father's choice!

Completely illogical, you can't dismiss a relevant source of information as "out of scope" simply because you do not want to address it for your hypothetical but in no way practical argument.

I attempt to add a practical perspective to this argument. The morality of abortion IS relevant because it affects the weighting that you give to options available to women vs men. But I am not arguing the morality of abortion, I am stating that other people do, and this law would affect them just as much as anyone else.

Am I THAT far off?

Neverami you had a good point and I already addressed it.

What I absolutely DO NOT WANT (someone find the dog picshur) is a man telling me that I cannot have an abortion. A lot of men have an opinion on abortion even though none of them will ever be pregnant. That should never be right a man has. It should be a concern, but not a right. If everyone actually concerned themselves with other people's feelings we'd all be INFJs and fucked.

The more I think about it the more I like the current system. If you're stupid enough to have sex with someone without having some sort of contract in place about what to do if/when the woman gets pregnant, you get what is coming to you. It's a price you pay for sexual promiscuity on both sides. If a woman gets pregnant and can't collect child support it was ultimately her decision to have the child. Why did you have sex with a deadbeat? You knew he didn't have a job before he inserted himself into you (that goes double for guys, you knew she was crazy when she allowed you to have sex with her). If the sex was pleasurable and you did it for pleasure then don't complain when you wind up pregnant. Woman up and support your baby or get an abortion. Birth control ain't 100% but it comes pretty damn close.

Reactions: slant
If it was provable that the woman lied about birth control I could see something like this in place, but I don't think the overhead of proof would ever warrant it in our legal system until something else changes.

Even if a woman lied about birth control, NAI there's nothing preventing a guy using a condom. If the woman poked holes in it... you might be a little dumb for not taking care of your condom stash. If you did and she still managed to poke holes in it. It was just not your day. It was in the numbers and you were fucked anyway. :m032:

Even if a woman lied about birth control, NAI there's nothing preventing a guy using a condom. If the woman poked holes in it... you might be a little dumb for not taking care of your condom stash. If you did and she still managed to poke holes in it. It was just not your day. It was in the numbers and you were fucked anyway. :m032:

A very good point!

On one hand, I suppose you need to know the person you are going to be with, but on the other hand I find the nonchalant "You're fucked" attitude appalling and probably one of the not so infrequent as we might like cases that sparked this thread.

I like you but, maybe read everything next time and not just what suits your point? K thanks.

But that's no goddamn fun.

Completely illogical, you can't dismiss a relevant source of information as "out of scope" simply because you do not want to address it for your hypothetical but in no way practical argument.
Start a new thread on the different topic to what we're discussing?

What I absolutely DO NOT WANT (someone find the dog picshur) is a man telling me that I cannot have an abortion. A lot of men have an opinion on abortion even though none of them will ever be pregnant. That should never be right a man has. It should be a concern, but not a right. If everyone actually concerned themselves with other people's feelings we'd all be INFJs and fucked.

The more I think about it the more I like the current system. If you're stupid enough to have sex with someone without having some sort of contract in place about what to do if/when the woman gets pregnant, you get what is coming to you. It's a price you pay for sexual promiscuity on both sides. If a woman gets pregnant and can't collect child support it was ultimately her decision to have the child. Why did you have sex with a deadbeat? You knew he didn't have a job before he inserted himself into you (that goes double for guys, you knew she was crazy when she allowed you to have sex with her). If the sex was pleasurable and you did it for pleasure then don't complain when you wind up pregnant. Woman up and support your baby or get an abortion. Birth control ain't 100% but it comes pretty damn close.

A guys a deadbeat for not wanting to add to the overpopulation of the planet, and is not willing to pay for a child he does not want, with a girl he might only have had sex with because she was up for it, as a momentary lust thing, but wouldn't ever stay with because she was a retarded fool?

On one hand, I suppose you need to know the person you are going to be with, but on the other hand I find the nonchalant "You're fucked" attitude appalling and probably one of the not so infrequent as we might like cases that sparked this thread.

Me too.

A guys a deadbeat for not wanting to add to the overpopulation of the planet, and is not willing to pay for a child he does not want, with a girl he might only have had sex with because she was up for it, as a momentary lust thing, but wouldn't ever stay with because she was a retarded fool?

Yes. I don't remember saying there was anything wrong about being a deadbeat unless the guy wanted those children in the first place.

Yeah, people call me a lot of names that might be insulting. It isn't nice, but what can ya do? [insert monkay here]

No, a deadbeat is defined by the actions that occur regardless of personal opinions. You reap what you sow. You help make the mess, you help clean it up. :D

Last edited:
What if Jesus was aborted?! o_O

I am pulling out Godwin's law on this thread.

What if Hitler was aborted?

Reactions: bamf
I'll admit I only skimmed over the thread but that won't stop me from talking completely out of my ass. So if this suggestion has already been thrown out there. forgive me.

Why don't you treat it like a car accident? If the guy doesn't want to be a dad, fine. If he doesn't want to be tied to child support forever, maybe he can have some sort of "Opt- out" clause where he makes a one time settlement to absolve him of parental rights. Something higher than the cost of an abortion but not as financially restrictive as continued child support. Or even child support for the first five years? In return, he can't come asking for a kidney on his deathbed. You could determine the amount of the settlement by different factors. Like if he wore a condom, he'd pay less. If he lied about "not being able to have kids" because he wanted to go bareback, he's have to pay more. If the mother used some devious means in order to get herself knocked up for whatever perverse reason, the settlement would be significantly less. I'm not sure how you'd enforce such a thing though because it would end up being he said she said. Lie detectors? Witness testimony?

I think contracts beforehand is the only way something like this would ever be plausible. And both parties should be able to see the other's statements regarding their intentions beforehand.

I think this would solve MANY problems of miscommunication/deceit prior to sex.

I'll dig around for the link later but as far as the male having more rights as to whether the baby aborted or not, currently it stands no person or thing has right over anothers body. It's a human right set down by whoever it is that does that.

You give the male, or even the foetus the right over the female's body it's undeniable you're setting a dangerous precedent.

The case in the article I was reading a lady was term with twins, the only way they would live was if she had a c-section. She chose not to and one or both died (I forget). Some party (not sure who) endeavoured to have her charged for murder but I believe she was cleared.

To put in perspective, say some specific race's bone marrow could cure cancer, they have the right to withhold it as no one else has a right to their bodies, as it stands it's up to them and their own morals as to which course they take.

So as far as whether the child is aborted or no I think it should be up to the female, it's her body, she's the one who will bear the physical consequences of whatever the choice is.

The money side of things there's merit in both sides of the argument.

Personally, given the state of gross over population unwanted or foetuses which cannot be supported by one or both parents should be aborted. Keywords being personal opinion, I don't intent to upset anyone by that.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'll admit I only skimmed over the thread but that won't stop me from talking completely out of my ass. So if this suggestion has already been thrown out there. forgive me.

Why don't you treat it like a car accident? If the guy doesn't want to be a dad, fine. If he doesn't want to be tied to child support forever, maybe he can have some sort of "Opt- out" clause where he makes a one time settlement to absolve him of parental rights. Something higher than the cost of an abortion but not as financially restrictive as continued child support. Or even child support for the first five years? In return, he can't come asking for a kidney on his deathbed. You could determine the amount of the settlement by different factors. Like if he wore a condom, he'd pay less. If he lied about "not being able to have kids" because he wanted to go bareback, he's have to pay more. If the mother used some devious means in order to get herself knocked up for whatever perverse reason, the settlement would be significantly less. I'm not sure how you'd enforce such a thing though because it would end up being he said she said. Lie detectors? Witness testimony?

The point of the opting out option is so the man doesn't have to pay for something he didn't agree for.

Agreeing to pay for a certain amount of money is more of a compromise then something that's actually solving the problem. It's making it less of a problem but it's not exactly eliminating said problem.

He made a implied agreement of liability when he stuck his penis in a fertile woman of childbearing age. Anyone having sex knows that pregnancy is not only a risk, its kind of the point, biologically speaking. No one wants an accident, but they happen. If someone hands me a glass of milk that I didn't want but I start drinking it and i knock it over, I still have to clean that shit up. I can't whine about not really liking milk and how its not fair because i didn't ask for milk in the first place. No one forced me to drink it. Ha that makes no sense. Whatever. Hell *I'm* an accident although I tend to think of myself more as a surprise than an accident. It sounds more festive.

If you really are that serious about not having kids until you're ready, get a vasectomy and reserve some sperm in a sperm bank until you're ready for offspring. I've heard of professional athletes doing such in order to avoid 'golddiggers'. Is that drastic? Hell yes. But it solves that problem. I don't want kids so I've been on BC since before I was sexually active. Maybe they should make birth control for dudes to stop sperm production.

The fathers rights and responsibilities do not and should not kick in prenatally unless the mother solicits his participation.

Personally, given the state of gross over population unwanted or foetuses which cannot be supported by one or both parents should be aborted. Keywords being personal opinion, I don't intent to upset anyone by that.
Posted via Mobile Device

You're awesome. But you don't take if far enough. I think that we should execute 70% of the population, 50% from any nation that pollutes more than the planet can take, and 75% from any nation that's first world, and pollutes more than the planet can take, 90% from any over populated nation.