It's official: Brexit is Here | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

It's official: Brexit is Here

What? Do you not like diversity or something?

Pro-diversity, pro-tolerance advocates are completely intolerant of every position/opinion which doesn't perfectly align with theirs. Stating the obvious, I know.

My question to these holders of wackyness and loopy logic, is: What makes your position better/superior to that of people who disagree with you?

Pro-diversity, pro-tolerance advocates are completely intolerant of every position/opinion which doesn't perfectly align with theirs. Stating the obvious, I know.

My question to these holders of wackyness and loopy logic, is: What makes your position better/superior to that of people who disagree with you?

I think people have overall been pretty tolerant of EW's shenanigans... considering the amount of spamming and baiting EW does on this forum.

This is not the same. Differing opinions and a mix of political ideals benefit us all and enrich the forum, and our countries in general.
I am speaking out against totalitarianism. Being tolerant does not need to include cuddling up to the those who are completely intolerant.

I think people have overall been pretty tolerant of EW's shenanigans... considering the amount of spamming and baiting EW does on this forum.
I wouldn't call EW's posts spamming, or baiting. They represent a consistent view, EW's view. Plus, no one could say they lack sincerity and guile.

This is not the same. Differing opinions and a mix of political ideals benefit us all and enrich the forum, and our countries in general.
I am speaking out against totalitarianism. Being tolerant does not need to include cuddling up to the those who are completely intolerant.
That sounds black and white; what is the cut-off point for a degree of intolerance, which you are no longer able to tolerate? (Presuming you acknowledge a 'grey area,' or spectrum of positions)?

Also, isn't intolerance of intolerance a vicious circle?

Reactions: Elegant Winter
I wouldn't call EW's posts spamming, or baiting. They represent a consistent view, EW's view. Plus, no one could say they lack sincerity and guile.
Of course you wouldn't. You guys share many of the same views. You just don't really spam the forum with your opinion. Because you're capable of talking about other things. Wonder why EW's sole purpose here seems to be to discuss nationalism.
Anyway.

Last edited:
Hate speech isn't tolerable, it's undemocratic and illegal and therefore not part of freedom of speech. I am very surprised the forum allows EW to say what he/she does.

Hate speech isn't tolerable, it's undemocratic and illegal and therefore not part of freedom of speech. I am very surprised the forum allows EW to say what he/she does.

What part is hate speech?

Also, saying some kind of speech is "undemocratic" is a bit weird.

Omg I just saw this.
attachment.php

Attachments

• scotland-ireland-yes-but-what-about-t-second-brexit-2928627.png
    scotland-ireland-yes-but-what-about-t-second-brexit-2928627.png
    83.2 KB · Views: 28
Not in the least.

It's not a vicious circle or hypocritical, but it's denying oneself a full view of the range of ideas that could lead into reality. I'm by no means a racist on Winter's level--read my thread about the possibility of civil war with Muslims for proof of that. I've at least taken the time to consider whether what he's saying has some amount of accuracy.

I don't mind being hateful towards intolerance, but I do mind blinding oneself. Limiting freedom of ideas is blinding oneself.

Of course you wouldn't. You guys share many of the same views. You just don't really spam the forum with your opinion. Because you're capable of talking about other things. Wonder why EW's sole purpose here seems to be to discuss nationalism.
Anyway.

I'm perfectly capable of talking about other things.

A few days ago on my blog I posted this:

"Is there any insect creepier than the centipede? I think not."

Nothing he has said is illegal. It's all protected.

I'm perfectly capable of talking about other things.

A few days ago on my blog I posted this:

"Is there any insect creepier than the centipede? I think not."
A few days ago you had a thought about a centipede. I guess it's progress.

Anyway.
Doesn't everyone discuss what interests them? Surely we can come to terms with the fact that people will have views which don't agree with our own.

Can you imagine EW suggesting someone should be banned for expressing pro-immigration views? On the level of personal acceptance here in this forum, EW is more accepting and tolerant of forum members, than many other members.

That's a hateful thing to say. Ie. You just posted hate speech; but I don't reject you for it.

Not in the least.
Compelling.

It's not a vicious circle or hypocritical, but it's denying oneself a full view of the range of ideas that could lead into reality. I'm by no means a racist on Winter's level--read my thread about the possibility of civil war with Muslims for proof of that. I've at least taken the time to consider whether what he's saying has some amount of accuracy.

I don't mind being hateful towards intolerance, but I do mind blinding oneself. Limiting freedom of ideas is blinding oneself.

You seem to have missed the part where I wrote this:
Differing opinions and a mix of political ideals benefit us all and enrich the forum, and our countries in general.

You seem to have missed the part where I wrote this:
Differing opinions and a mix of political ideals benefit us all and enrich the forum, and our countries in general.

Ideas that are racist in nature are also differing opinions, and their utterance is not totalitarianism. So I guess I'm unsure what it is you're really speaking out against.

Doesn't everyone discuss what interests them? Surely we can come to terms with the fact that people will have views which don't agree with our own.

Can you imagine EW suggesting someone should be banned for expressing pro-immigration views? On the level of personal acceptance here in this forum, EW is more accepting and tolerant of forum members, than many other members.
It's funny to talk about accepting and coming to terms with people who have different views on an internet board, but then advocating not tolerating those views (mainstream Islam, or basically just being a black person, which isn't a view at all!) irl.

I'm not advocating a ban either.