It's official: Brexit is Here | INFJ Forum

It's official: Brexit is Here

V9LMGPY.png

Nigel Farage, leader of UKIP, on Twitter - for those who need everything explicitly explained.

We've been moving toward globalism at a terrifying pace over the last four or five decades and this is a rational step backward. I only hope the rest of Europe follows suit and this single step turns into a continent-wide movement toward identity and independence.

Last edited:
[MENTION=13855]JJJA[/MENTION] please recount some of the celebrations.

rrp7FVQ.png

I love Marine Le Pen.

Last edited:
I just woke up, leaned over and read the phone messages that popped up on my BBC news app, and it said the magic words.

I'm in shock. I'm literally speechless. I predicted remain would win in a guttering defeat, but I woke up and read the news. I am overcome with happiness, almost on the verge of tears; my vote meant something special. Thank you Britain for restoring faith in democracy and individual liberty.

I just woke up, leaned over and read the phone messages that popped up on my BBC news app, and it said the magic words.

I'm in shock. I'm literally speechless. I predicted remain would win in a guttering defeat, but I woke up and read the news. I am overcome with happiness, almost on the verge of tears; my vote meant something special. Thank you Britain for restoring faith in democracy and individual liberty.

The same.

Astonishing and brilliant!!!

VW97nb8.png

Wow, just wow, markets tumbling everywhere, really I think this is the big one.

I think we're on the brink of major global financial and political crisis the scope of 2008 or even more. So strap yourself in folks, turbulence ahead.

The message is clear: forceful integration of EU has failed. Merkel and Holland should resign. The big damned bureaucracy machine in Brussels should be completely overhauled.

And God save the Queen :)

Hmmmm votes matter. Do they REALLY?
Im really hopeful but I cant shake the feeling that the step in the right direction has been booby trapped....

I feel like I crashed the party that is is thread. Welcome to hangover .

The tumbling of the pound to 30-year low is offering a taste of what is to come. As confidence plunges, Britain may well dip into recession. A permanently less vibrant economy means fewer jobs, lower tax receipts and, eventually, extra austerity, if the Conservative manage to hold on to power.

You don't realize what you have done, Britain -- utterly foolish. No one really what the consequences of this are going to be.

First of all you say goodbye to the UK because if you think that Scotland is just going to sit back and let Westminster dictate to them any longer you are dreaming. A divided Britain becomes about relevant to the world as Andorra.

You have also emboldened the neo-fascists like Le Pen and Farage by handing them a victory. Big gamble Cameron, and you lost.

Economic impacts are just starting, good luck negotiating your trade deals with China, the US and the rest of the big boys, your going to need it.

Now its up to the new PM to negotiate a Norway style deal with the EU. Now you get to choose between full access to the world’s biggest single market, but maintaining the principle of the free movement of people. Leave side promised supporters both a thriving economy and control over immigration but they can't deliver on that promise and you don't get that outcome just by voting for it. If Britain wants single market (remember where half your exports are going) and to enjoy the wealth it brings, they will have to accept free movement of people. If Britain rejects free movement, it will have to pay the price of being excluded from the single market. The country must pick between curbing migration and maximising wealth.

A weakened Europe is bad for the world

Last edited:
Reactions: Asa
I feel like I crashed the party that is is thread. Welcome to hangover .

The tumbling of the pound to 30-year low is offering a taste of what is to come. As confidence plunges, Britain may well dip into recession. A permanently less vibrant economy means fewer jobs, lower tax receipts and, eventually, extra austerity, if the Conservative manage to hold on to power.

You don't realize what you have done, Britain -- utterly foolish. No one really what the consequences of this are going to be.

First of all you say goodbye to the UK because if you think that Scotland is just going to sit back and let Westminster dictate to them any longer you are dreaming. A divided Britain becomes about relevant to the world as Andorra.

You have also emboldened the neo-fascists like Le Pen and Farage by handing them a victory. Big gamble Cameron, and you lost.

Economic impacts are just starting, good luck negotiating your trade deals with China, the US and the rest of the big boys, your going to need it.

Now its up to the new PM to negotiate a Norway style deal with the EU. Now you get to choose between full access to the world’s biggest single market, but maintaining the principle of the free movement of people. Leave side promised supporters both a thriving economy and control over immigration but they can't deliver on that promise and you don't get that outcome just by voting for it. If Britain wants single market (remember where half your exports are going) and to enjoy the wealth it brings, they will have to accept free movement of people. If Britain rejects free movement, it will have to pay the price of being excluded from the single market. The country must pick between curbing migration and maximising wealth.

A weakened Europe is bad for the world

What a lovely way of saying we'll get punished for voting our own way. The pound is already coming back up. You do realise that markets always suffer shocks when they face shock decisions? That's the beauty of the free-market; if it were controlled by government, flexibility would be almost terminated and recovery impossible without a bailout. That's why we voted to leave.

Shock horror!

What a lovely way of saying we'll get punished for voting our own way

The "We" is a divided and weakened Britain. We will see if Leave can deliver on their immigration promises

I guess we will see if the victors can build any bridges to those regions and people who disagree with them. Here what Nicola Sturgeon has to say: http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/68...dence-referendum-Nicola-Sturgeon-Brexit-UK-EU

As for the markets, they are going to flee to stability and certainty and right now there. GBP still down nearly 8% on the day from where I sit

I would love it if Scotland votes to leave Britain on account of the exit; especially if the whole EU collapses shortly thereafter.

When Trump is elected, I'm going to set up a free tissue/Kleenex stall for the losers.

You really know nothing about this do you? Do know how Obama got elected twice and people who voted for him? Do you think any of those people who voted for him are seriously going to vote for Trump? Have you actually looked at the demographics because that's what wins elections.

These two votes are not the same thing, they aren't even related.

I would love it if Scotland votes to leave Britain on account of the exit; especially if the whole EU collapses shortly thereafter.

A weak and divided Britain is all that Scottish Independence will lead to. Scotland would be leaving to go into the EU, how does that make it collapse?

Another very accurate view of the vote

Brexit.jpg