88chaz88

Back for a limited time only
Retired Staff
Mar 17, 2010
MBTI
????
Enneagram
9w1
Post your thoughts on them. How do INFJs view ISTJs?

Positives?

Negatives?

Other type threads coming up.

:m2:

To them: WHY WON'T YOU LET ME HUG YOU!?

...hug away?

I generally like ISTJs although I usually feel a bit out of my element with them. Sorry, not INFJ here, oh wellz!

If someone relies on Si too heavily to the point where they will never listen to other opinions or will never try anything new, it can be frustrating

...hug away?
//GLOMP

Also, I knew a female ISTJ, she turned out to be a manipulative, evil witch. God knows if that has anything to do with type or anything.

I get frustrated with them if they are dogmatic enough. One girl I worked with (ISTJ) decided that since she was the only one scheduled to work Friday afternoon, everyone should have to work Friday afternoon. So she complained about it to our bosses, who promptly told everyone to even out their work schedules. Even though it doesn't matter because we all see different students.

Ay, Dios m

The good ones are really awesome and interesting and the bad ones are impossible to be around for more than two minutes.

Reactions: Umai
//GLOMP

Also, I knew a female ISTJ, she turned out to be a manipulative, evil witch. God knows if that has anything to do with type or anything.

There can be but as said elsewhere in the mess of posts any type can be manipulative. It's just how they go about it and what drives it.

I find it very time consuming and the end product not worth the effort I need to put in.

Also walking away seems to have much more bang for the buck IMO.

Reactions: the
I <3 ISTJ's (usually). There highly organized, loyal, ordered, and serious. A bit rigid at times, but I generally do well with that. I get along with them quite well and am close friends with several of them. We are completely different but on a deeper level we "get" each other. Even though at times we don't get each other at all. I have met a few ISTJ's in my life though that I didn't get along with. It was mostly though because they flat out were some of the most non-communicative people I have ever met. You have to at least talk and express what your thinking.

They're fascinating to observe from a distance.

Healthy ones are good to be around becaues they do keep me in order but unhealthy ones make me:m192: They become so strict about details that it is almost impossible to stand being around them more than 30 seconds.

they are very organized, knowledgeable, and serious.

they seem a little close-minded at times, and very, um, strong yet reserved in how the present themselves. which can go both ways i guess.

in general i don't get along with them extremely well, but i try. and there are a few im rather fond of :)

:mcute:

:m179:

i dated an ISTJ seriously for a year and a half. i think he was a bit unstable. i think he had OCD. he used to count things all the time and need to repeatedly check that the doors were locked and the taps and power points were off. he became enraged and punished me if i was late to meet him. i experienced him as being fairly possessive and controlling. i too was unstable at this time and it was difficult for me to understand his ways of expressing that he cared for me. partly i was not really at a good point in my life to be in a very serious relationship. i think if we had both been sorted out a lot more we would have got along a lot better though. he had a lot of good qualities.

i think one thing that would have caused me enduring problems even if we had made things work is that i am a very intuitive and imaginative person and i am very creative. i'm often telling and exploring completely fantastical stories and possibilities about things. i abstract ideas into story constantly. he didn't work in this way at all and he didn't really understand it in me. i think he thought i was full of nonsense.

EDIT, also, he was highly manipulative, and if there was something he wanted from me that i could not give him, for example that i didn't have the resources for or thought was not fair to ask from me, he would lie to me in order to get it from me. when i would confront him with lying to me in order to get his way it was very difficult to get him to admit that he had done it as he would often try to lie his way out of it. i don't know if this has anything to do with his being ISTJ though, or if it was just him.

also sometimes he would explode at me and take his emotions out on me when i had not done anything to deserve it.

Last edited:
I had a coworker that was an ISTJ.
I enjoyed working with her, one thing that always intrigued me about her that she always stood and looked up at the clock that was above her work station, she wouldn't leave until it struck 5pm.

I also have a friend that is also an ISTJ. Shes an interesting lady, I enjoy fishing and spending time with her.

In general I quite like ISTJ's. I consider them to be very stable minded people, I find I can work quite well with them. They always have my back and I have theirs, despite our differences.
They are always willing to listen to any ideas I might have that can contribute to a situation, and I am willing to listen to the facts that they give to help out.
Very straight forward people, the world wouldn't be the same without them.

There can be but as said elsewhere in the mess of posts any type can be manipulative. It's just how they go about it and what drives it.

I find it very time consuming and the end product not worth the effort I need to put in.

Also walking away seems to have much more bang for the buck IMO.
Which is why you're so far the best ISTJ I know :p.
Though, about the whys, what would motivate an ISTJ to manipulate? Her reason was that she got all territorial over some place I was at first, and I had no idea there was a competition going on. Hell, I did my best to outright say I'm on her side and defended her on a few occasions, and we were friends for a bit. Guess she inherited the evil gene from somewhere.

Which is why you're so far the best ISTJ I know :p.
Though, about the whys, what would motivate an ISTJ to manipulate? Her reason was that she got all territorial over some place I was at first, and I had no idea there was a competition going on. Hell, I did my best to outright say I'm on her side and defended her on a few occasions, and we were friends for a bit. Guess she inherited the evil gene from somewhere.

Don't know what to say. About the the exacting why but I can hazard a guess as to either you violated a core belief, tenant, etc that would not do and her only option was subversive. The other option would be she's ruthlessly wanted something you had and couldn't take outright. It boils down to if the repercussions of direct confrontation is too great subversive is the next option and usually we can find little details and exploit 'em.

Don't know what to say. About the the exacting why but I can hazard a guess as to either you violated a core belief, tenant, etc that would not do and her only option was subversive. The other option would be she's ruthlessly wanted something you had and couldn't take outright. It boils down to if the repercussions of direct confrontation is too great subversive is the next option and usually we can find little details and exploit 'em.
//pat, its okay, lol. Just having a moment of old wounds-a-rising.

I know another male ISTJ and man, it doesn't matter what you throw at the guy in his work, he'll still do it. His sense of loyalty is literally what he's fuelled off of. He'd have made a good soldier.