Is the Libertarian Party UnAmerican? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Is the Libertarian Party UnAmerican?

How the hell do people not like mac and cheese?

I was looking at the political parties today and in order to join the Libertarian Party you have to click a box that reads: "YES, sign me up as a member of the Libertarian Party. To validate my membership, I certify that I oppose the initiation of force to achieve political or social goals." We used force to achieve our political and social goal during the American Revolution. Why change it now?

To me, it looks like they are just trying to ward off the crazy anarcho-capitalists. If something serious like the American revolution were to ever happen, then the call for violence would go beyond the individual political parties.

But until such a strong event happens, and it is very unlikely, the Libertarians are smart in covering their bases so that they don't end up with crazy people in their party.

1. Drinking tea (except for iced tea). - Fucking hate the stuff
2. Disliking apple pie. - Yup, apple pie is gross most of the time
3. Being a communist. - I'd love to be a communist, except I'm not
4. Not being a Protestant Christian. - I'm technically Jewish
5. Disliking sports, especially baseball or football. - I'd love to say "I enjoy football, just not your backwards idea of football" but I don't like either
6. Supporting gun control legislation in any form. - I disagree with guns that are made to kill people, this includes self defence.
7. Disliking Macaroni and Cheese. - I'm 50/50 on this one
8. Expressing disapproval of military action. - Does sighing and muttering under my breath count as expressing?
9. Speaking a language other than English. - Actually I speak English, perhaps you guys should learn it some time.
10. Expressing admiration for any other country. - How about expressing admiration for no country?
11. Preferring the Metric system. - So Burma and Liberia are American?
12. Disliking Country Western music. - Meh, it's okay I guess...
13. Burning the American Flag. - Would love to, but then again I'd like to burn everything

So I'm 7/13 unAmerican?

Here are the things I've heard described as uncharacteristic of a patriotic American:

1. Drinking tea (except for iced tea). (I'm a huge fan of Chai)
2. Disliking apple pie. (Not really a fan)
3. Being a communist.
4. Not being a Protestant Christian.
5. Disliking sports, especially baseball or football.
6. Supporting gun control legislation in any form. (I believe in registration as part of mandatory proof of gun safety in order to carry a gun.)
7. Disliking Macaroni and Cheese.
8. Expressing disapproval of military action.
9. Speaking a language other than English.
10. Expressing admiration for any other country.
11. Preferring the Metric system.
12. Disliking Country Western music. (For the most part, though I don't like most rap either)
13. Burning the American Flag. (as a proper means of disposal, rather than protest)

14. Being Libertarian

12/14 Apparently, I'm less American than any of you. :p Ironic considering that I'm a staunch Patriot.

1. Drinking tea (except for iced tea).
2. Disliking apple pie. This and #1 are especially stupid.
3. Being a communist. This is a given.
4. Not being a Protestant Christian. Even though at one point at least 1/4 of the country was catholic? Oh well.
5. Disliking sports, especially baseball or football. This is the real national religion.
6. Supporting gun control legislation in any form. Isn't the 2nd Amendment technically gun control legislation? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Miller
7. Disliking Macaroni and Cheese. The stuff is disgusting most of the time to be honest, especially the craft stuff. It is soooo unhealthy.
8. Expressing disapproval of military action. I don't think anyone can not disapprove of something the military has done at some point.
9. Speaking a language other than English. J'essaie.
10. Expressing admiration for any other country.- I suppose this one would be easier if I, like most Americans, lacked any knowledge of world geography or alternative cultures.
11. Preferring the Metric system. It is divisible by 10, which by itself makes it better.
12. Disliking Country Western music. Well, so much for the urban male cohort.
13. Burning the American Flag. What about if it is across the street from the Republican National Convention? Oh wait.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_v._Johnson

Wow, I think there is only 1 out of the 13 that I don't have. I've never burnt an American flag. No wait- I don't care about communism either.

What is this thread about again?

I'm going with Wikipedia on this but I'm open to being proved wrong.

Wikipedia is American Based, most american maps call Ho Chi Minh City, Saigon.

Burma is the old name of the nation, it's now called Myanmar.

Wikipedia is American Based, most american maps call Ho Chi Minh City, Saigon.

Burma is the old name of the nation, it's now called Myanmar.

Oh, okay.

At least I still keep my point.