Is the Confederate Flag racist? | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

Is the Confederate Flag racist?

It doesn’t matter…even if they came up with some new “memorial flag” representing your above ascribed ideals…the problem is the Civil War was about slavery and will always be associated with it.
I don’t know why they need a fucking flag at all?
Why does the US NEED a flag?
The whole concept is outdated…first on the battlefields so you know who to kill, then on ships, then to make claims to land.
Those are all things of the past.
I understand the sentimentality people feel and the patriotism that was ground into the heads of the baby-boomers and their parents.
But you don’t need a flag to reflect on why you like where you live.
Most people only know that the stars represent the states…they don’t even know the rest of the symbolism….why?
Because they barely teach it…probably as a single paragraph…it's obsolete now.

That's exactly my point. Integrity has nothing to do with heritage because everyone likes to believe they represent it.

[MENTION=8603]Eventhorizon[/MENTION]

I’m not saying that they should ban the Confederate flag…just not fly it on state capitol grounds.
It’s not a flag of the United States.

I think thats reasonable.

11265426_10100139440298310_5917981811522323578_n.jpg

Reactions: Elis
Stop selling guns. The flag is a pointless discussion meant to keep you from demanding more gun regulations. Ban guns and keep innocent people alive.

11666186_1178162478875928_238650961765081527_n.jpg

That's not the confederate flag, That's General Lee's battle flag. The original confederate Flag looked like this.

810px-Flag_of_the_Confederate_States_of_America_%281861-1863%29.svg.png

The NAACP is now demanding the Confederate soldiers' names be removed from Stone Mountain. The NAACP is causing me grief. Their musical heritage should be removed, too. How rediculously insane.

Stop selling guns. The flag is a pointless discussion meant to keep you from demanding more gun regulations. Ban guns and keep innocent people alive.

Never stop selling guns. Try asking barbarians to stop acting like barbarians. Teach them the value of human life.

The people at the Charleston church who survived their spouses forgave the assailant on national TV. One would think slavery, which was abolished some 150 years ago(no living survivors) would be forgiven by those same people.

It is racist national groups that came down on the wrong flag. One would think, after all the government programs to help the minorities, that people would eventually want to be treated equally. To attack history that long ago in such a manner is somewhat childish. People want to forget, but the NAACP won't allow that to happen. First, a flag. Next, EVERYTHING. I'm sorry, but people could learn a lot from the survivors of that church. Maybe they understand the writings of the Bible.

The Bronze Serpent
7So the people came to Moses and said, "We have sinned, because we have spoken against the LORD and you; intercede with the LORD, that He may remove the serpents from us." And Moses interceded for the people. 8Then the LORD said to Moses, "Make a fiery serpent, and set it on a standard; and it shall come about, that everyone who is bitten, when he looks at it, he will live."9And Moses made a bronze serpent and set it on the standard; and it came about, that if a serpent bit any man, when he looked to the bronze serpent, he lived.

The forgiveness of those people will stay with me; the actions of those following them, remind me of taking prayer out of school. I wish the church would not have allowed this to happen.

I seriously doubt slavery was bothering anyone at that church.

Last edited:
The NAACP is now demanding the Confederate soldiers' names be removed from Stone Mountain. The NAACP is causing me grief. Their musical heritage should be removed, too. How rediculously insane.
ref13071515.jpg

Never stop selling guns. Try asking barbarians to stop acting like barbarians. Teach them the value of human life.

What an insulting statement.

ref15071515.jpg

The people at the Charleston church who survived their spouses forgave the assailant on national TV. One would think slavery, which was abolished some 150 years ago(no living survivors) would be forgiven by those same people.

It is racist national groups that came down on the wrong flag. One would think, after all the government programs to help the minorities, that people would eventually want to be treated equally. To attack history that long ago in such a manner is somewhat childish. People want to forget, but the NAACP won't allow that to happen. First, a flag. Next, EVERYTHING. I'm sorry, but people could learn a lot from the survivors of that church. Maybe they understand the writings of the Bible.

The Bronze Serpent
7So the people came to Moses and said, "We have sinned, because we have spoken against the LORD and you; intercede with the LORD, that He may remove the serpents from us." And Moses interceded for the people. 8Then the LORD said to Moses, "Make a fiery serpent, and set it on a standard; and it shall come about, that everyone who is bitten, when he looks at it, he will live."9And Moses made a bronze serpent and set it on the standard; and it came about, that if a serpent bit any man, when he looked to the bronze serpent, he lived.

The forgiveness of those people will stay with me; the actions of those following them, remind me of taking prayer out of school. I wish the church would not have allowed this to happen.

I seriously doubt slavery was bothering anyone at that church.
ref14071515.jpg

ref08071515.jpg

Last edited:
Did this thread always have two "the's" in the title?

Just a symbol, right? Nothing to see here, right? Just displaying pride in my German heritage.

1000px-Flag_of_the_NSDAP_%281920%E2%80%931945%29.svg.png

You mean a gay flag, right?