Is it possible to change your type? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Is it possible to change your type?

Right. I guess "appears" is just a bad word choice.
Words piss me off, I swear the source of what I say being misunderstood consistently ends up being because when I say a certain word, the idea that is popping into their head is different from the idea that I am trying to convey.

Spoken language is extremely outdated technology, we need to figure out a way to just mind meld with people so I can just dump thoughts and experiences as I see them into people.

"What!? I don't believe you, that makes no sense at a-" *Mind Meld* "Oh... I never thought of it like that."

You can trick the mind to do pretty much anything.

Not really, no..

But i wish it was.. Sometimes i hate being an I N Fucking J.

This is somewhat off topic, sorry Donkeyballs, but, I think that whole "grass is always greener" thing applies to wishing to transform your type. INFJs are beautiful. They see beauty where no one even bothers to look, & I think that is why we attract people like magnets. (Not comfortable including myself in "we" when addressing positive attributes... sigh...) If I COULD become an INTJ, as I so long to do... I would long for the characteristics of the INFJ, and seek to be around them as much as possible.

That being stated... it's hard as all hell to actually BE an INFJ, because we take on so many burdens, and inner positivity eludes us. We try so hard to make everyone's life easier, but are more often abused than rewarded, which is very taxing on our hearts. We are playful when engaged, but very morose when left alone for too long. We take everything too seriously, & wish we could let things roll off our backs, then we hate ourselves for not being able to. Sigh... now I'm depressed... I need a cookie.

I'll share this one with you.

draft_lens11936461module108913981photo_1278277277gingerbread-man.jpg

I only like eating the head part. You can have the rest.

*Chomps*

Reactions: Majesty
This.

You're just appearing to be a different type for a short while. This is likely due to you accessing your lower functions and forcing them to act at a higher capacity then you are able to. This does not "change" your personality. Could be just a semantical wording issue on your end, but your personality truly is static.

And this is where my understandings of Jungian philosophy and quantum physics explode into each other in a giant flaming inferno of confusion, that is only impacted further by the fact that both are as of yet scientifically untestable. A least until further advances in neurobiology and fMRI have come to fruition.