Is Feminism Outdated? | Page 14 | INFJ Forum

Is Feminism Outdated?

[video=youtube;ROjOjDMr43M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROjOjDMr43M[/video]

Really smart, regardless of how polemic she may sound, this video may contribute to the discussion.

Reactions: muir
[video=youtube;ROjOjDMr43M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROjOjDMr43M[/video]

Really smart, regardless of how polemic she may sound, this video may contribute to the discussion.

She is totally correct that if the movement for equality for women is to progress that it MUST come back to reality

Fascism is the merging of corporate and state power which is exactly what the people who are funding feminism want

Tell me...as a gay man do you care about the wellbeing and health of straight relationships between men and women?

In a strictly Political science definition Fascism is the merging of state and corporate power. But colloquially a fascist is someone who marginalizes those not perceived as being of the mainstream by pointing at nonconforming individuals and implying that they bare ill will toward the collective.

In a strictly Political science definition Fascism is the merging of state and corporate power. But colloquially a fascist is someone who marginalizes those not perceived as being of the mainstream by pointing at nonconforming individuals and implying that they bare ill will toward the collective.

Well as Orwell warned us we shouldn't allow them to abuse our language because if they do that then they will be able to convince people that 2+2=5

fascism is a merging of state and corporate power

The 'mainstream' view regarding feminism is actually the one being pushed by the person who first used the term 'fascism' here

This view is the marxist feminist view that is being pushed in 'womens studies' in universities across the NATO empire because powerful people want you to ignore what biology and what neuroscience is telling us and instead believe them when they tell you that there is no difference between men and women except what exists in our heads

Fortunately some of us still have a grasp on common sense

I believe any and all people regardless of color or gender deserve equal rights.
I have not felt Feminism promoting this as a large portion of the feminist movement appears to be infected by women who fuck it all up and set the tone for the movement to be the man-hating stereotype we think of today.

There should be a new movement under a new name that strives for the equality of all and not just the few. A movement does not need to have an emphasis on one group. Feminism based of it's name appears to prioritize women. I believe it would be better, if everybody who truly wants equal rights for everybody, comes under one banner. I dunno call yourself Equalists or something, don't hang under a banner that emphasizes one gender or one color over the other if what you're fighting for is equal rights. If you gather under a term all parties can agree with that stands for equal rights, more people will be willing to listen. Since appearances mean everything in society these days, why the hack not create one we can all stand behind? You want equality? pool your resources! And be rid of the negativity that has begun to cling to the term feminist.

The Term is outdated and ill-suited based on what feminists claim feminism stands for regardless of stereotyping.

But hey, that's just my OPINION.

PS. if you wanna be spammed by gender rights stuff, join the /groups/INFJ.2.0/ FB group... :/
Trust me, after a week or so you'll end up blocking every person who posts a gender rights issue regardless of which gender they advocate for.

Last edited:
I'm a little nervous about posting on a thread about Feminism because it invariably leads to everyone looking stupid at best, sexist at worst, but I just can't help myself. So here goes.

I believe any and all people regardless of color or gender deserve equal rights.
I have not felt Feminism promoting this as a large portion of the feminist movement appears to be infected by women who fuck it all up and set the tone for the movement to be the man-hating stereotype we think of today.

There should be a new movement under a new name that strives for the equality of all and not just the few. A movement does not need to have an emphasis on one group. Feminism based of it's name appears to prioritize women. I believe it would be better, if everybody who truly wants equal rights for everybody, comes under one banner. I dunno call yourself Equalists or something, don't hang under a banner that emphasizes one gender or one color over the other if what you're fighting for is equal rights. If you gather under a term all parties can agree with that stands for equal rights, more people will be willing to listen. Since appearances mean everything in society these days, why the hack not create one we can all stand behind? You want equality? pool your resources! And be rid of the negativity that has begun to cling to the term feminist.

The Term is outdated and ill-suited based on what feminists claim feminism stands for regardless of stereotyping.

But hey, that's just my OPINION.

I think that people/groups who campaign for racial equality have an advantage over those who campaign for gender equality. At the risk of being obvious, there are (pretty much) only 2 genders and countless different races. So it's hard for people to advocate for Gender Equality on specific issues without coming across as taking a side. While concepts of privilege and patriarchy may be true, they do come across as blaming all men, which will mean that they will avoid Feminism. I've read Feminst blogs and while I know the topics are more important than my being comfortable at times I feel like an orc reading Lord of the Rings. It does put me off.

The fact is while I am a man and I know that Feminism has been primarily focused on women's rights (as it should, comparing the situation women were in to the situation for men is like comparing a building on fire to a cat stuck up a tree, which one should the fire department go to first?). I think in many ways it has helped me. If the world was the same as it was before Feminism then men would be mocked for suffering from depression. Any man that was raped would be mocked for being weak or being a 'girl'. Feminism acknowledges that the line between men and women is not as clear as we think/thought.

I'm not sure about the name change. You could look at it from the POV that it is about the Feminine side of things which includes men's feminine side (e.g. feelings). When you look at the differences between male and female suicide, it's obvious that this is an issue that needs to be discussed.

I think at this point (and this is just my opinion) feminism would help itself greatly if did a better job at explaining to men the benefits it can bring. The 'good' feminists (terrible phrase I know) focus on women's rights and do good work. The 'bad feminists' you descibe, hijack the name and use it to give themselves the moral high ground while they talk s***e. I've seen articles in national newspapers arguing that female teachers having sex with male students is fine because the boy wants it, women hitting men is justified and that men who commit suicide should be left on their own because they are just being selfish. I don't believe the majority of feminists believe this but a minority poisons it's image to alot of people. There is still a need for feminism but it might (IMO) be better served by trying to include men. It will give it protection from those who talk about 'misandry', extra people involved, better PR, a different perspective and give a male voice to the movement that will stop the genuinely misogynistic people from turning men against the movement and even help recruit women (imagine if a girl grows up with both parents involved in Feminists movements). Why not build the bridge from both sides so to speak?

I think the speech by Emma Watson was brilliant and would recommend it to anyone man or woman, mostly because it incorporated a male view. There is a difference between working to help one gender 'catch up' and working for gender equality. I believe (again IMO) that working towards the latter will help us achieve the former so much quicker.

Last edited:
I think the speech by Emma Watson was brilliant and would recommend it to anyone man or woman, mostly because it incorporated a male view. There is a difference between working to help one gender 'catch up' and working for gender equality. I believe (again IMO) that working towards the latter will help us achieve the former so much quicker.

I completely agree its a good speech.
And I completely agree with you, both genders need to be involved to improve the quality.

However... HeforShe is another tag that appears to suggest one gender is more important then the other.... just imagine how many "bad feminists" would flip if the name was SheforHe.

If you put up a petition. just with the movement name and fields to sign your name, no explanation. Few guys would trust its about equality, and even fewer would sign.
Put the word Equality. Everyone signs. The word speaks 100% for itself. that's why, as long as people don't rally behind words like these, there ain't no way everybody will work together and fix this.

The fact you had to say "Good Feminists" explains it all doesn't it? That movement has been destroyed by the "Bad Feminists". There's no future for it. Its a PR disaster.

If people want to gender equality. they gotta ditch the name feminism or Masculism and go for a name that neither mentions men or women but represents both at the same time. Equality does that. or Equalist or whatever.
The moment that you use a gender based word to describe a movement that strives for gender equality though... wont work. You'll get the "bad feminist" dogma with it.

Last edited:
So you don't believe in equality then?

Umm I'm answering the post. Feminism is equality. So no, it is not outdated.

The same people that don't understand feminism is equality.. Are the same people that got irregardless in the dictionary..

Damned irregardless!!

Umm I'm answering the post. Feminism is equality. So no, it is not outdated.

The same people that don't understand feminism is equality.. Are the same people that got irregardless in the dictionary..

Damned irregardless!!

If you polled the population i think you'd find a lot of men and women that are uncomfortable with the idea of feminism being about 'equality' and if it doesn't have their support then it has no democratic mandate

So you can claim it if you want but it doesn't mean that it is in the court of public opinion

Do you think that manism is about equality? Do you think that we should wage war on the matriarchy in the name of 'equality?'

An interesting talk between two quite switched on fellas discussing a male perspective on feminism

[video=youtube;HZMtlE_0rew]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZMtlE_0rew[/video]