Introverts: How do you see your extroverted selves? | INFJ Forum

Introverts: How do you see your extroverted selves?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
As an introvert, i prefer time alone or away to recoop, but of course there are times when you're extroverted and very social. And when i'm the most extroverted, i tend to find myself very annoying. I talk excessively, and become very opinionated, and can sometimes be a bit domineering in a conversation especially with friends or family especially when i want to get a point across. I also notice that when people around me are more introverted than i am, i tend to become more extroverted and feel more responsible for the overall atmosphere.

So, for those who consider themselves more introverted, how do you see and relate to your extroverted self?

Last edited:
Reactions: Flavus Aquila
It varries. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't.
Most times I like it though.. untill afterwards. If I don't force myself to go introverted at some point, I could go on in extraverted mode untill I get totally exausted and stresset out.
I like the extraverted version of myself becuase I seem to be more careless and not worrying so much. I can be more spontaneous and I like that. Also, its easier for me to interact with other people when extraverted.
Some of the downsides, I tend to be more cold towards others and also talk too much.
Besides I cannot really control when I am extraverted and introverted though mostly my introvertedness is domineering. Trying to find a middle path.

weird, i was thinking about this today. generally i find myself annoying.

My extroverted self is locked in the basement. I hurt it when it speaks.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
I tend to be silly, and really, just obnoxious. My coworker's pick at me when I get in this mood, they say my "real self" (little do they know!) comes out, cause I'll joke and be frank and tell my opinions with no regrets. Honestly, I like this part of me better because socializing does have feel-good benefits. But in reality I prefer to be in my own little world doing my own thing!

After a time when I've become extroverted in a conversation, I tend to regret a lot of the things I said. This is probably because I let my guard down a little bit in some conversations. Sometimes, this has great results since I'm able to share opinions in a structured way that makes sense to people. Other times though, I find afterward that I might have been a little too vocal and maybe even condescending.

After a time when I've become extroverted in a conversation, I tend to regret a lot of the things I said. This is probably because I let my guard down a little bit in some conversations. Sometimes, this has great results since I'm able to share opinions in a structured way that makes sense to people. Other times though, I find afterward that I might have been a little too vocal and maybe even condescending.

Same here.

i get excited and talk a lot, and interrupt people to finish my thought which is probably boring them but which i find immensely interesting and so try to convince them of it, lol. in arguments i also become pretty extroverted and passionate, and lose my objectivity which can be annoying. how do i generally 'see' my extroverted self? as an idiot :p

I am never extroverted, but now and then I do hang out with extroverts. I never play the game the way they do (never will) but when I am "less introverted" I feel like I am out on a limb...unbalanced and somewhere I really should not be for very long. My words and my mind are not necessarily connected and this feels kinda weird.

I also am very aware that what I am saying is merely a shadow of what is really on my mind. There are simply too many layers to convey, and extroverts wouldn't necessarily have the attention span or interest to deal with such ideas.

Last edited:
When I get into a debate I can be a bit crazy. My boyfriend and I talk about literature and philosophy and that's usually okay because we tease each other anyways so we know we aren't there to hurt each others feelings. Outside of that, I think I can be a little mean to people I disagree with. I'm not trying to be, I just have a hard time taking their feelings into consideration when things are getting heated. I just want to get my ideas out and listen to theirs, but they think I'm trying to beat them down or I'm intentionally disagreeing with them. Or at least that's how I think they feel. I don't know. I think that we're so comfortable being introverted that when we let ourselves go a little crazy we immediately shut down what we're doing. We're not being true to ourselves so we take it as something we've done wrong.

Reactions: Gaze
Well this makes me feel better about myself, let it suffice to say that I share qualities with most of the posts already made.

This exactly.

I tend to say a lot, talk, become over excited on the topic. I always thought this meant I was a closet extrovert inside and introvert when I then realized that when I act extroverted I do not play it healthy or well and others can notice this patterns.

Candid, rash, highly expressive and defensive of strong opinions, and unguarded at worst. I do struggle not to interrupt others; I am inclined to, but I have become much better at not doing that as I've gotten older. Light-hearted, funny, energetic, gesticulative, and eager to include everyone at best.

like what everyone said ^^^:m177:

Add a me two to the list of what everyone has said.

I find my Extroverted self a necessary Evil. I don't mind be more extroverted with friends but when I have to force it it sucks.

My extroverted self is a handful. At least when I truly enter that mode. It's rather rare. My hallmark is my interactions with inanimate objects; they often end up broken.

When I am in full E mode, I have quite a lot of fun, mostly because I can't enter that mode unless I am having good quality events happening in other areas of my life. I am loud, usually the loudest in the group. I don't care how I look, act, or anything. I am not all that witty, but I make people laugh all the time with my actions. As an example of something I would do. Say I was in an amusement park like 6 flags. Say I had a cup of water with me. In the zig-zag line, I could stand up on the railing and say "May I have your attention please! This cup *points to cup like vanna white* is exibit A. And this *pats friends head*, is exibit B. Exibit A plus exibit B equals *dumps cup on friends head* A very we and very angry Exibit B! I haven't actually done this, but I could see myself doing this very easily. I pull that kind of crap and have a ball with it.

Like I said, I become a handful.

Reactions: rawr
As an introvert, i prefer time alone or away to recoop, but of course there are times when you're extroverted and very social. And when i'm the most extroverted, i tend to find myself very annoying. I talk excessively, and become very opinionated, and can sometimes be a bit domineering in a conversation especially with friends or family especially when i want to get a point across. I also notice that when people around me are more introverted than i am, i tend to become more extroverted and feel more responsible for the overall atmosphere.

Wow! That is exactly me! Sometimes I'm so convinced I am introverted cos everyday I pretty much live inside my own head, but then when I'm yeah around introverted people I come out completely - like I have nothing to hide. But then around extroverted people it's like I feel guilty for being introverted and I feel as though I should have a life like they do - full of these events and all these friends and stuff. It makes me question myself.

It takes caffeine to make me extroverted. Lots of caffeine.

Unless I'm working a retail job, then I tend to be a little more extroverted.

I don't mind being extroverted. In fact, I enjoy it most of the time. I love the company of people, and I like meeting new people. I love imagining what types of experiences they've had, and what I can learn from them. I think I pretend to be extroverted most of the time, and it might be a defensive reflex. My mom's side of the family is extroverted, and they're a riot. I've had to learn how to be that way since I was little. If I'm too introverted around everyone they figure something's up, so as to avoid too many questions, I talk bullshit and make jokes.

When preforming, I loved being the center of attention. I was probably a stage hog at times. At work, I'm also extroverted. I try and make small talk with everybody. Again, I think it's a defense mechanism because I'm fearful of people watching me think and analyze everything. It's gotten to the point where I can let my mouth run, and be completely absorbed in my inner world. I can't remember what I've just said half the time.

I'm introverted around people I trust. If you get me to shut up, I trust you.

I like my extroverted self, though it's much less secure it comes off as an interesting person. Full of ideas and speaks its thoughts.