Introvert Power? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Introvert Power?

I don't see any shame around introversion at all. I'm an introvert myself and rather proud of that fact.

A lot of people do see introversion as a bad thing, however, and many misunderstand the concept or being an introvert. I know many extroverts who especially seem to look down on introverts as odd people who don't like to socialize or think positively. But that's just a stereotype (one of the more common ones, anyway). But I also know plenty of people who understand introversion (most my friends) the best that an extrovert could. I preffer to look at introversion as a rather good thing. While it may be a wall for socializing, it often leads to some of the best friendships the world can provide, because (from what I know) only the good people will seek out the loners as potential buddies. :)

Also, most introverts seem to be rather skilled at oberving people and making notes of how they act and who they are. They tend to have good insight and thus are wise beyond their years. This, however, can be a stereotype as well (although stereotypes do apply in some cases). The important thing to remember is that everyone is different. Meaning, not all introverts are introverts for the same reasons.

I checked out the book Introvert Power from the library. Too be honest, wasn't very impressed. Just skimmed thru it though.