Introversion and happiness | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Introversion and happiness

I always find it so strange that sighted people don't have hightened senses of hearing and smell like I do...

My Swiss husband, who has lived with snow all his life can't smell snow, yet I can. One of my Norwegian friends who is sighted knows what I'm talking about though.
I wasn't certain it had a smell until I spent 4 months in Europe, before that I had only been to the snowy mountains 3 times and those visits were well apart. it doesn't really snow where I live.

I find it hard to explain, because there's really nothing I know of that's exactly like it. It's sort of a mixture of freezing evenings, ice rinks, water and mountain myst.

What makes me happy? Jeez. Can I make a list? I'll be shot, but heregoes:

• swings
  • the smells of the seasons (i.e. snow, leaves, wet dirt, summer evening air)
  • hobbies
  • sunlight
  • moonlight
  • when someone smiles back at me
  • when people are polite
  • when I am able to recharge my battery alone, inside, doing hobby-things on a friday night like a loser :]
  • driving
  • past decades
  • thoughts of the future
  • fantasies in my head
  • stories
  • writing
  • random acts of kindness
  • shoes
  • smart phones
Goddamn people. I could just keep listing and listing. I don't know why people think we are so much more unhappy then extroverts. We all have the exact same potential for unhappiness. I think everyone is unhappy in some capacity, and we are all striving towards happiness. It's the ultimate goal, the finish line. When we see someone with a huge smile on their face, it makes us tune in to their happiness. We get a piece of the pie. We're all humans, right? But when we see someone alone, not smiling, isolating themselves... how dare they disrupt our choreographed dance routine! We're all part of the production, and they're not playing their role. I think this is how it's viewed. I think some are also looking to paint us all as victims. If we feel disconnected or downtrodden, it's our faults. It's a fault period. We are clearly victimizing ourselves... why bother approaching them if they're just going to sit to the side?

Society has many dominant groups (males, Christians, rich, middle age, white, etc.) and I think that extroversion is just another dominant group.

Reactions: Gaze
-When it's about to rain. I like the rain as well(when I'm not getting drenched, at least), but the smell in the air and the look of the clouds. Also gives that "storm-approaching, shit's about to go down" feel, in a good way if you will.
-Listening to an old song that I remember
-Lost in thought about something or another
-A content lack of thought, an almost zen-like feeling of completeness
-Telling a particularly clever joke or entertaining story and leaving my friends floored
-Knowing (or more likely, at least feeling like I know) the truth behind the truth in a given situation, such as one's motivation in doing something slightly differently than usual, etc.

So many other things I could never have the time to list (though I'm gonna update the post if a really good one comes to mind :p)

Reactions: Gaze