INTP | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

INTP

I like INTP females because we can interface on an interpersonal level that I find interesting and attractive. There's always something to talk about with them and, moreover, I find their minds and overall demeanor to be sexy. INTP males on the other hand are just boring motherfuckers and, more often than not, useless.

To be honest, I get along with most any type or person as long as they are real.

No offence at all to the INTP's here, but the vast majority of them that I have met in real life drive me nuts, and I largely can not stand them at all. I'm not close friends with any of them (to my knowledge). Their constant nit-picking of facts and semantics, and usual disregard of social orders and or emotions makes me want to bang my head into a wall.

I generally have issues with IxxP types, and that is likely due to my off-the-chart J. Coversely, most of them don't like me very much either.

Ironically, this is exactly how I feel about my brother (when others are around). And I'm INTP. Go figure.

Oh, and magister about sums it up for me, except I also seem to lack the abrasive gene for reasons only now becoming apparent to me.

Last edited:
I love INTP females, though. I always enjoy their wit, sarcasm, and writing prowess, and I have women-crushes on them. :D

*Cowers in fear*

:m162:

Male INTP's tend to be sexaholics, us females prefer to keep to ourselves and watch the world unfold.

I like INTPs. Though, I have never met a female INTP out in the real world, the ones on the internet are quite fantastic.

Male INTPs are also pretty great, but come with one issue. They can be very antagonistic, but still very fun and witty.

I love my INTPs. The have a kind, even-keeled manor that offsets my crusader pattern, but they, like me, love to talk about ideas. As someone with a low J pref I find there self doubt to be a comfortable and familiar place, but their way of handling it uniquely refreshing.

Basically, im a big time admirer of intps. What some people see as their passivity, I admire because I relate to howbthe gears are turning inthere, and I enjoy watching them find the right outlet.

I find this ^ to be very true, and what TDHT said too. I love....LOVE that calm bahavior... When the INTP wheels start turning I find him irresistible. I guess what draws me is the fun they are having in their mind. Most RL INTPs are pretty open with me...but then I am a good listener, and I truly care about them. I am also mindful of their boundaries....lol but I tend to be good at waiting until they are ready to open up. I do hate coming up to that wall when they are feeling like I start to push them too hard. Sometimes it takes a little while for them to open back up. There has only been one uncle that was hard and unrelenting...there is something very selfishly wrong with him. All of the others have a neat sweetness to them. They tend to get inside my head...something that doesnt happen so I find it fun to be around them. I really like how they can spot inconsistencies in me....and never fail to point them out. I really dont mind too much because I love to grow as a person.
There is the..."unblinking honesty" face...that melts my heart....a mature INTP will keep my F warm for the rest of my life....immaturity comes across as something ugly in everyone I think....

Reactions: NeverAmI
I have mixed feelings about male INTPs, but on the whole I like them. The mature ones are aces, and they're wonderful to talk to. But INTPc is a minefield and I learned the hard way how a spurned (or perceived spurned) INTP can behave and I did not like it.

The open-endedness of an INTP frustrates me sometimes, because arguments and/or discussions keep going on and on, and it ends up becoming a "agree to disagree" situation.

I love INTP females, though. I always enjoy their wit, sarcasm, and writing prowess, and I have women-crushes on them. :D

I like INTP females because we can interface on an interpersonal level that I find interesting and attractive. There's always something to talk about with them and, moreover, I find their minds and overall demeanor to be sexy. INTP males on the other hand are just boring motherfuckers and, more often than not, useless.

To be honest, I get along with most any type or person as long as they are real.

I find it interesting that there is such a disparity between how male and female INTPs are perceived - there doesn't seem to be such a divide between the genders of other types (correct me if I'm wrong)? What's going on here? I'm guessing it's a reflection of social conditioning - with females being expected to express their feeling sides to a greater extent at an earlier age, and males, their thinking sides.

I find it interesting that there is such a disparity between how male and female INTPs are perceived - there doesn't seem to be such a divide between the genders of other types (correct me if I'm wrong)? What's going on here? I'm guessing it's a reflection of social conditioning - with females being expected to express their feeling sides to a greater extent at an earlier age, and males, their thinking sides.

I think it's more maturity level, or perceived awareness of maturity perhaps. Female INTPs just seem to use their filters better at a certain level than the males. At least, that's how I see it. It could be gender type bias, or alternately it could be an issue of mistyping. Maybe the majority of males who think they're INTPs are really something else.

I couldn't say, but online there seems to be a huge disparity between the INTP sexes.

About how many INTPs have you guys identified in person?

I work in an industry highly populated with INTP's; I would say there are at least 5 males that I can think of and 1 possible female.

It's not that I perceive some radical difference between the respective genders, it's just that I am only sexually interested in females. Thus, the underlying motivation for me to form emotional and cognitive connections with them (the females) is present whereas, with the males, it is not. And in the absence of those connections, there is a remaining platonic array of personality characteristics that, frankly, I find painfully boring.

Expressed differently: I love quantum theory and computers but I only want to talk about them with another person if they are naked and female.

Last edited:
It's not that I perceive some radical difference between the respective genders, it's just that I am only sexually interested in females. Thus, the underlying motivation for me to form emotional and cognitive connections with them (the females) is present whereas, with the males, it is not. And in the absence of those connections, there is a remaining platonic array of personality characteristics that, frankly, I find dreadfully boring.

Expressed differently: I love quantum theory and computers but I only want to talk about it with another person if they are naked and female.

haha, thanks for clarifying ;)

@ April

Males are more naturally inclined to lean against their thinking side than their female counterparts, regardless of MBTI type.
The female brain and male brain have their differences. I found that the MBTI theory doesn't really take that into account.

Males brains tend to perform tasks predominantly with the left-side, which is the logical/rational side of the brain. Females, on the other hand, use both sides of their brains because a woman's has a larger corpus callosum, which means women can transfer data between the right and left hemispheres faster than men (pretty cool stuff, aye).
Females, on average, have larger deep limbic systems than males. This is why females tend to be more in touch with their feelings and are better able to express them than men.

So this could be the explanation for the difference between female and male INTP's (and other types).

Last edited:
@ April

Males are more naturally inclined to lean against their thinking side than their female counterparts, regardless of MBTI type.
The female brain and male brain have their differences. I found that the MBTI theory doesn't really take that into account.

Males brains tend to perform tasks predominantly with the left-side, which is the logical/rational side of the brain. Females, on the other hand, use both sides of their brains because a woman's has a larger corpus callosum, which means women can transfer data between the right and left hemispheres faster than men (pretty cool stuff, aye).
Females, on average, have larger deep limbic systems than males. This is why females tend to be more in touch with their feelings and are better able to express them than men.

So this could be the explanation for the difference between female and male INTP's (and other types).

oh thanks for the info. But couldn't the corpus callosum be enlarged as a RESULT of females being more in touch with their feelings, rather than the cause of it?

oh thanks for the info. But couldn't the corpus callosum be enlarged as a RESULT of females being more in touch with their feelings, rather than the cause of it?

@April
Interesting theory... :m083:

However I'm having trouble finding information that can prove for or against this.
Apparently it can be strengthened though. The purpose of the corpus callosum is to process information from one part of the brain to the other, like a bridge I suppose. Scientists believe that people with problems such as dyslexia (such as myself) and ADHD may be caused by insufficient information being passed between the two halves of the brain.
60 to 80% of people that are diagnosed with dyslexia are male. So what does dyslexia have to do with INTP's? absolutely nothing. But what this research shows is the difference between the male and female mind.

Now as for your question, it has been found that musicians have a larger corpus callosum than non musicians. How and why? Its been found that activities such as playing music involves cross hemisphere processing to keep both hand’s movements in time with each other. The same can apply for sports, drawing etc. Anything which requires you to use both sides of your brain simultaneity. It has been shown through multitasking you can strengthen your corpus callosum.

Here's an interesting piece that I came across while gathering information;

When does human brain development end? Evidence of corpus callosum growth up to adulthood.

Department of Neurology, Santa Creu i Sant Pau Hospital, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Spain.

To locate structural changes in the brain accounting for the increasing effectiveness in cognition and skills that occurs at the final stage of behavioral development, we attempted to determine the age at which the corpus callosum completes its active growth period. We assessed the growth rate of the corpus callosum by measuring its area twice on midsagittal magnetic resonance imaging scans separated by a 2-year interval, in a series of 90 subjects with a wide range of ages. We observed an increase in the size of the corpus callosum as long as human mentation expands, up to the middle 20s. Clinical and experimental data about the corpus callosum, together with the present findings, suggest that the corpus callosum is part of the highest order-latest maturing neural network of the brain.

PMID: 8517683 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
So in theory it seems that females are naturally more capable of multitasking, which would make sense if you look at the difference in natural roles between males and females.

So, what does the corpus callosum have to do with feelings vs thinking?

Allot. :smile:

Think of it this way, picture that on the right side of the brain you have your residential blocks, parks, schools and libraries etc. and on the left side of the brain you have your commercial and industrial blocks. However you have a gorge that is separating your city in half. Thats where your bridge (corpus callosum) comes into play. The larger and stronger is it, the more efficient its going to be for our sims (information) to get to work.

The left side of our brain is responsible for analyzing information, the right side is responsible for gathering that information. In theory, since in the females corpus callosum is larger, more information from the right side of the brain can be analyzed.

Most people tend to be left brained over right brained, which has got me thinking if S and T functions in MBTI is a result of our left and right brain preferences. According to Wikipedia, 95% of right handed people have left-hemisphere dominance for language whether only about 18% have right hemisphere dominance for their language function. Additionally, about 19% of left-handed people have bilateral language functions

Lets look at the differences between the left and right side of the brain;

Left hemisphere functions

• Numerical computation (exact calculation, numerical comparison, estimation).
  • Left hemisphere only: direct fact retrieval.
  • Language: grammar/vocabulary, literal.
Right hemisphere functions

• Numerical computation (approximate calculation, numerical comparison, estimation).
  • Language: intonation/accentuation, prosody, pragmatic, contextual.

Any more questions? :m082:

Last edited:
I'm chalking the disparity entirely up to hormones and social norms. Males are more likely to assert their masculinity by being annoying, I think. Also, I find it much more difficult to have an open conversation with males in general, unless it's cerebral or unless the person is more expressive. Since when did males relate well interpersonally anyway? Most of us (males in general) are competitive and aren't about to have a great bonding conversation. And that means the natural tendency is to assume this holds true for all, thus missing out on the ones who aren't like this.

If I met Korg on the street and talked to him, we'd probably both walk away thinking the other was a bore.

Male INTP's tend to be sexaholics, us females prefer to keep to ourselves and watch the world unfold.

Correction:

Males tend to be sexaholics. Actually, I think quite a few people tend to be sexaholics.

I am not one.