INTJ | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

INTJ

I don't have an opinion on INTJs or any type really because it all depends on the individual. I've INTJs that I liked, and some not so much.

Reactions: Marllon and James
I have an intense dislike of INTJs.
Time hasn't changed this for me.
Perhaps to take your advice @CindyLou.
*Blocking all INTJs.*

I have had some mixed experiences with INTJs, one very bad, one not great, and the rest were typically fine. In fact one manager I worked for was great, he had wisdom and empathy and after a few initial 'scrapes' we got on really well. He stuck his neck out for me and took quite a bit of heat at times.

I'm not trying to sell you on INTJs though. I have had a terrible experience with an ENTP and though I have been friends with entp's and am friends with one on this forum? I would be extremely wary of that type from now on.

That's not their fault, but it's how it is. I don't have to block them, but especially real world I will steer clear. ENTP friends though will be fine, each person are who they are on their own individual merits. All types have their flaws INFJs just the same. @CindyLou makes a very good comparison with sunburn, and i guess like anything it depends on the severity of the harm.

i hope whatever caused you to feel this way has eased and you are feeling better.

Reactions: Ryso89
I think that so long as you are a real and honest person, it would be difficult for you to look upon an intj with distaste. Not that you would like them, only that I can't see dislike as part of what would take place in most instances . Even so I think it's important to realize that mbti while being a great tool for insight is not the entire story of a person.
I think there are bad people in all groups. I just think it's probably more rare in an intjs case.

Some of the posts in this thread are so typology biggoted, it's almost surreal. I especially find the friendly advice, promoting segregation, given by some posters, to be a poignant reflection of humanity in general.

I think that so long as you are a real and honest person, it would be difficult for you to look upon an intj with distaste. Not that you would like them, only that I can't see dislike as part of what would take place in most instances . Even so I think it's important to realize that mbti while being a great tool for insight is not the entire story of a person.
I think there are bad people in all groups. I just think it's probably more rare in an intjs case.

Exactly right EH, the person is who they are, not an MBTI type. It's only an indicator of their personality preferences. But I can understand why if someone's had a bad experience with a person they know was a certain type, they will perhaps be somewhat wary of that type for a time. It's human nature.

Some of the posts in this thread are so typology biggoted, it's almost surreal. I especially find the friendly advice, promoting segregation, given by some posters, to be a poignant reflection of humanity in general.
Take it for what it's worth..

Last edited:
Best friend (one of them) is INTJ. I've come to admire and appreciate his opinions and what he has to say (obviously I do because he is a friend). He has coached me over the years to adopt more of a "T" frame of mind (employing logic, reason) to situations instead of becoming the victim of my extraverted feeling. Not explicitly, but I learn from his worldview and now have a great admiration for thinkers.

Tertiary Fi is so cute, but touchy! Ayay! I like INTJ, but the flow has never been that fluid between me and the INTJs I have known.

- One INTP's experience

Reactions: Gaze and Free
Tertiary Fi is so cute, but touchy! Ayay! I like INTJ, but the flow has never been that fluid between me and the INTJs I have known.

- One INTP's experience
Touchy as F@&k!

But I'm the exception. I will show you how wonderful we can be. :freesmother:

Reactions: Marllon
Best friend (one of them) is INTJ. I've come to admire and appreciate his opinions and what he has to say (obviously I do because he is a friend). He has coached me over the years to adopt more of a "T" frame of mind (employing logic, reason) to situations instead of becoming the victim of my extraverted feeling. Not explicitly, but I learn from his worldview and now have a great admiration for thinkers.
You literally took the words right out of my mouth. One of my closer friends is an INTJ as well. He gives great insight on my state of mind and patterns of behaviors at times. From knowing him, I feel like I grew as an individual as well.

Reactions: Ryso89
You literally took the words right out of my mouth.
5OZW_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif

No friend of an INTJ would say this

How do you actually "take" words out of someone's mouth?

How do you actually "take" words out of someone's mouth?
haha oh shush you. i blame ruji for pointing out what i said -_- that said, it's possible if someone 1) could read my mind and said the words before i could 2) if i was a cartoon and someone stole my speech bubble. however, in this case, i admit poor word choice on my part.

Reactions: Eventhorizon
haha oh shush you. i blame ruji for pointing out what i said -_- that said, it's possible if someone 1) could read my mind and said the words before i could 2) if i was a cartoon and someone stole my speech bubble. however, in this case, i admit poor word choice on my part.

"Took the words right out of my mouth."